REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

hotjoint 12-26-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlo (Post 8812133)
good game between cavs and gsw, kinda looked like durant got fouled on the last play.. hard to tell

He did get fouled. Jefferson stepped on his foot. That's a call 99% of the time. As much as I didn't want to see the cavs win, the warriors blew it up 14 and deserved to lose because of that.

dlo 12-26-2016 02:47 PM

yeah i rewatched it, he stepped on his foot and kinda pushed him off, def should had been a foul, should had been a tech for lbj hanging on the rim too.. lol inconsistent calls from the ref, not surprised

see.lai 12-26-2016 05:28 PM

tbh that whole game was questionable .. the calls were bad for both sides..

draymond gets a tech while lebron didn't while celebrating on the rim.. jefferson with a tech for absolutely nothing.. lmao

EDawg 12-27-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 8812222)
He did get fouled. Jefferson stepped on his foot. That's a call 99% of the time. As much as I didn't want to see the cavs win, the warriors blew it up 14 and deserved to lose because of that.

no team 'deserves' to lose a game. at the end of the day if a foul is committed it needs to be called. if jefferson didn't trip him there was a pretty good chance KD would've hit a game winner

NBA really needs to step up their officiating. lots of bad calls and missed calls. they missed the tech on LBJ for hanging on the rim. then there's draymond getting everyone with nut shots. smh

Obsideon 12-28-2016 01:23 PM

Personally I think getting a tech for hanging on the rim is retarded. That's like taking out touchdown celebrations from football. What's wrong with this soft ass league now trying to take emotion out of the sport?
http://i.imgur.com/b8mdnPS.gif
This was one of my favourite dunks, vicious lol!

If that happened today, instant ejection!

pastarocket 01-12-2017 10:13 AM

Dwight plays a sixth grade level prank on Linsanity.

Howard fakes a handshake to Lin and does a terrible looking dab.

-pretty disrespectful IMO. :mad:

Nlkko 01-12-2017 12:38 PM

Dwight still relevant? EleGiggle

Obsideon 01-12-2017 06:53 PM

The numbers are off the charts this season. Records being shattered.
Who do you think is MVP so far? It's a toss-up between Harden and Westbrook.
Westbrook has the better numbers but Harden is winning with a much shittier team.
D'antoni a shoe-in for COY.

dlo 01-12-2017 07:03 PM

lol fuck d'antoni but props on harden just going ham af...

Obsideon 01-12-2017 07:32 PM

This is NCAA but ... WOW

pastarocket 01-24-2017 06:18 AM

Heat beat GSW thanks to Waiters buzzer beater fadeaway over Thompson. Miami outscored GSW on the 3 point arc:

-best game of his career :notbad:

Waiters? buzzer-beater hands Warriors their 7th loss ? NBA Global

Obsideon 01-26-2017 08:12 PM

If anyone placed big bets on Cavs losing to Brow-less Pelicans and the above mentioned game. The payout would have been huge lol.

EDawg 02-05-2017 11:50 PM

whats everyones take on the LBJ-barkley beef?

imo gotta side with barkley on this one. yes he says a lot of stupid things and makes a lot of horrible predictions (as do shaq and kenny smith) but i agree with everything he said about LBJ. i think LBJ is still butthurt about Durant signing with the Warriors and realizing that his team doesn't have much of a shot against them this yr. Yes the warriors are stacked but the Cavs have a solid team themselves. David Griffin has signed and paid everyone that LBJ has wanted and here he is wanting even more. Seriously, cry more Lebron.

not a big fan of everyone discrediting barkley for never winning a championship. AI, steve nash, and karl malone never won rings either, does this mean they were terrible players? im not saying barkley is on the same level as them (or LBJ for that matter) but he was a solid player in his own right. surely HOF worthy career.

Nlkko 02-06-2017 12:40 AM

Barkley is a color commentator, he is paid to say that kinda shit.

But Cavs could have added somebody if they didn't go and overpay JR Smith AND Tristan Thompson, Bron's buddies. And now he's crying that he might lose to GS with Durant. Gimme a break. This is why team manager need to have balls, say no when the time comes and do what's best for the team, NOT the star.

Anyways, fuck that team. Got 3 No.1 overall pick in 4 years. Pretty much built a super team out of the league's charity.

Spoon 02-06-2017 05:41 AM

LBJ crying about someone building a better super team when he's pretty much the one who started this bullshit. Sure he's a great player. But he destroyed his own legacy the day he played GM with his buddies to rig the whole system.

EDawg 02-06-2017 10:21 PM

true, if the cavs didn't massively overpay for smith/thompson/shumpert, they may actually still have flexibility to sign a decent backup PG. cavs already have the highest payroll and biggest luxury tax bill in the league. i read an article that the Cavs franchise had an operating loss of $40mil last yr despite winning the championship. that's fucking crazy

lol to the rumors of a Melo-for-Love trade. here is lebron saying that they need a playmaker, so why not trade for another one of lebron's ball-dominant buddies? smfh

Sir_Loin 02-06-2017 10:57 PM

Trade Kyrie for CP3 and send whoever else for Wade and you'll have the whole banana boat crew. Fast forward to June and we'll have the finals.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/k0DDdsO0bps/maxresdefault.jpg

pastarocket 02-08-2017 07:57 PM

Charles Oakley was arrested for three counts of assault against MSG arena security guards after he shoved those employees. -wonder why he was so salty in his verbal abuse of Knicks owner Dolan. :lawl:

I bet he was angry at Dolan for more than just the loss to the Clippers tonight.

N.V.M. 02-09-2017 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8822015)
Charles Oakley was arrested for three counts of assault against MSG arena security guards after he shoved those employees. -wonder why he was so salty in his verbal abuse of Knicks owner Dolan. :lawl:

I bet he was angry at Dolan for more than just the loss to the Clippers tonight.

https://youtu.be/je9fszM9VUA

he's pissed off for years of his team being shit because of Dolan. buying a seat near the owner was not a good idea though.

Obsideon 02-10-2017 04:14 PM

New York is turning into such a shit show. First with the Phil / Melo circus.
Then this Oakley deal, and to cap it off they fired the head of security that actually tried to do his job lol.

Sir_Loin 02-10-2017 09:56 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4WuHgfWMAAmMXJ.jpg:large

Nlkko 02-10-2017 10:05 PM

Charles Oakley, grown ass man making a scene like that.

Knicks need to get rid of Melo and go back to the drawing board. Fat dude with no heart and play easy D ain't gonna cut it.

Spoon 02-11-2017 03:15 AM

Never been a Melo fan, but the guy seriously did nothing wrong. Phil's just trying to get fired so he can cash out.

pastarocket 02-11-2017 06:31 PM

Things are getting heated between KD and his former OKC teammates in this GSW/OKC game now. Stare down between Durant and Roberson after KD thought he got fouled hard by Roberson.

KD is so soft. :troll:

Fans are chanting "cupcake!" at KD. :lawl:

pastarocket 02-14-2017 11:48 AM

Bold trade by the Raptors. GM Ujiri sends T-Ross and 1st round pick to Orlando for Ibaka.

Big shake up of the team. Raptors' level of defence and toughness just went up a few notches. :thumbsup:

Good trade.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...rge-ibaka.html