REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

jonwon 02-14-2016 12:15 PM

Best dunk contest since J Rich vs. Desmond Mason.

XplicitLuder 02-14-2016 12:45 PM

the one underneath his legs/ass shoulda finished it off. Robbedddd

Not really racist! 02-14-2016 04:08 PM

TNT had shitty angles... which is why you don't really understand why Zach's dunks were that impressive. When your peers go nuts after you make those sort of dunks (even Gordon), you know only a handful of people can do that. Guy literally jumped 12-15 feet twice and put it between his legs/windmilled it.

But there's no doubt Gordon had the most impressive dunk of the last decade.

CorneringArtist 02-14-2016 05:52 PM

This halftime show is whack LOL. You have the world to choose from, and basketball having an urban image. Yet they choose Sting. Let that sink in. Sting. Basketball. Since when did they have a link? I was at least hoping for a cover of Jumpman.

Ikkaku 02-14-2016 08:06 PM

better than nelly furtado's rendition of O Canada :lol

I thought that was cringe worthy

dlo 02-14-2016 08:51 PM

i think gordons seated dunk was good, but the one lavine answered back was a 50 also, after that lavine cruised thru lol really good slam dunk contest this yr

pastarocket 02-15-2016 07:41 AM

This year's All Star Weekend was one of the best in league history. -so many good memories:

-Exciting duel between Aaron Gordon and Zach LaVine in the Slam Dunk contest.

Gordon got robbed. He should have won the contest because his dunks were more creative than Zach's jump from the free throw line dunks.

-Klay Thompson winning the 3 point contest. Hitting 5 straight 3s with the money balls from the final ball rack was crazy!

-Kobe's last ever All Star appearance. -sad to see Mamba leave the game that he loves so much.

-Kevin Hart vs. Draymond Green in the 3 point contest. That 5 foot 4 comedian tied Money Green for the number of 3 pointers made.

Hart is still pissed because he thinks he should have won the contest. He still gets a participation ribbon though. :lawl:

Kevin Hart ‏@KevinHart4real · 20h20 hours ago

Kevin Hart Retweeted Basketradamus

I demand that this video be watched & I be crowned a WINNER!!!! I kicked @Money23Green butt...They robbed me!

Obsideon 02-16-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8727083)
This halftime show is whack LOL. You have the world to choose from, and basketball having an urban image. Yet they choose Sting. Let that sink in. Sting. Basketball. Since when did they have a link? I was at least hoping for a cover of Jumpman.

I'm not a big fan but Drake would have been by far a much better choice for halftime performance. The crowd totally did not care for Sting lol even Michael Buble would have been ok compared to gramps.
I felt Kevin Hart was trying too hard to be funny, he was hilarious in most segments but cringe-worthy in others.

Kobe snubbing Drake's hand shake during his intro was too good! Drake was like a little groupie fan boy all night lol.

The dunk contest way exceeded my expectations! The under-both-legs dunk and the hover board catch were my favourite, it's harder than it looks to palm it like that in mid-air, spin and slam it down hard! Just every dunk from AG was more impressive because he's a big guy. I feel that every dunk is easier for Lavine because he's so skinny and light. Definitely robbed.

I didn't think any contest was gonna top the VC one but this bumped it off the top of the mountain.

Ronin 02-16-2016 01:57 PM

Yeah, I don't get why they chose Sting.

Drake was RIGHT THERE. It's Toronto. C'mon...that's a lay-up.

GLOW 02-16-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8727851)
Drake was RIGHT THERE. It's Toronto. C'mon...that's a lay-up.

+1 on cringing at nelly furtado singing the canadian anthem. i wish people would just sing the damn anthem and not try to improvise. what's with the betty white hairdo? :lol

E-40six 02-16-2016 05:02 PM

anyone see the fan dunk with jeans on?

F3 02-16-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-40six (Post 8727906)
anyone see the fan dunk with jeans on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exWNbzJ6OPA

He's not just a random fan, he's a 6'1 professional dunker from Ontario Jordan Kilgagon. Arguably one of the best dunker on the planet right now as evidenced by his most well known dunk seen below.

Obsideon 02-17-2016 06:05 PM

Dayum, springs for legs! :notbad:

pastarocket 02-20-2016 11:22 AM

Lillard lights up Golden State with a career high 51 points.
Amazing 3 point shooting.

He doesn't get selected for the All Star Game so he goes beast mode against the best team in the league in anger. :lawl:

acrophobia 02-20-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8729206)
Lillard lights up Golden State with a career high 51 points.
Amazing 3 point shooting.

He doesn't get selected for the All Star Game so he goes beast mode against the best team in the league in anger. :lawl:

Love it. Don't bitch and complain, but instead light up the best as a "told you" moment.

pastarocket 02-26-2016 06:10 PM

Statement win by the Raptors against the Cavs tonight. Lowry goes beast mode with 43 points and the game winning shot. :fuckyea:

dlo 02-26-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 8729218)
Love it. Don't bitch and complain, but instead light up the best as a "told you" moment.

all star snub, olympic snub.. god dam lilliard keep droppin pts n dimes on the haters hahah
lowry with a clutch shot god dayummm, east aint as ez as back then lol

Euro7r 02-27-2016 07:35 PM

What a good game. GSW/OKC. Can't believe Andre tied up the game, considering his sucks crap shooting free throws.

Curry, wow. Bombed it from near mid-court to seal the game :fuckyea:

van19 02-27-2016 07:44 PM

[VINE]i69xMHnQZAm[/VINE]

HOLLY fuck. is this guy for real

pastarocket 02-27-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 8732064)
What a good game. GSW/OKC. Can't believe Andre tied up the game, considering his sucks crap shooting free throws.

Curry, wow. Bombed it from near mid-court to seal the game :fuckyea:

Steph Curry is the best shooter ever in NBA history. His consistent 3 point shooting, record breaking 3 pointers, and consistency is unmatched. He is so clutch with his shooting! :fuckyea:

He is playing at a level right now that is better than Michael Jordan or Kobe in their prime in terms of shooting.

Sick!

kr4l 02-28-2016 02:29 PM

When I went to a golden state game a few months back. Steph curry was practicing AND making half court shots like nothing. His game winner didn't surprise me

pastarocket 03-02-2016 08:58 PM

What a comeback win by the Clippers! DeAndre Jordan and CP3 put the team on their backs to beat OKC.

Westbrook goofed up with stepping out of bounds on one possession and rushed a 3 point shot near the end of the game. Westbrick! :lawl:

Obsideon 03-02-2016 10:00 PM

Spurs clinch! :fuckyea:
Love how San Antonio is quietly putting together a Top 3 all-time season record 51-9 while everyone is riding on the fist bump and flair of the Warriors train.

Even SAS have a chance at cracking the mighty Bulls record.

dlo 03-02-2016 10:06 PM

happens to the spur every year lol, their style of play is not entertaining for the network and most ppl just forget till playoffs come

pastarocket 03-03-2016 01:52 PM

Oh, Melo! :lawl: Is Carmelo trying to practice for the Chinese Basketball Association's slam dunk contest? :fuckthatshit: