REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

Obsideon 06-16-2015 09:20 PM

IMO if the Cavs pushed it to 7 and Lebron puts up 50 in a loss there would be no way he wasn't gonna win the MVP. However, coulda woulda.

G-State Champs woohoo!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHrHngUUAAAozxH.jpg:large

dachinesedude 06-16-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8648971)
so pissed off about the MVP, LBJ gave his heart and body and deserved to win it no question's asked

i disagree, you don't get MVP if you don't win, period

it's like saying westbrook should've gotten regular season MVP, mad stats but they still lose

PiuYi 06-16-2015 10:51 PM

how in the fuckitty fuck did lebron not get finals MVP?!?

the award is for the player who was most valuable to their team!! Lebron was pretty much equal to the entire warriors team after 4 games... unbelievable

don't get me wrong, i'm no Lebron lover, but the guy played lights out these finals and nobody even came close

iVTEC_Do_You? 06-17-2015 12:19 AM

People still gonna find a way to hate on Lebron. Tristan Thompson is a beast though...good luck to the Cavs trying to keep him and Kevin Love LOL

Euro7r 06-17-2015 07:43 AM

In my books, Lebron sucks. He can't win jack without allstar team. I don't got respect for players that join stacked teams to win championships. Without wade and bosh Lebron would be championship-less. Look at Jordan, he didn't go join another team to win his championships, even to this day, still one of the best in the history of this game for his position.

punkwax 06-17-2015 07:53 AM

Your book is wrong bro. Lebron showed in these finals that he can carry a team and fell just short. Jordan had name players around him too.

LeBron James sets NBA Finals record in losing effort to Warriors - NBA - SI.com

Quote:

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is the first player in NBA Finals history to lead both teams in points, assists and rebounds for the entire series, according to ESPN.

James averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds and 8.8 assists across six Finals games. The Cavaliers fell to the Golden State Warriors, who won their first title since 1975.

The 30-year-old James scored 40 or more points three times in the series, including 44 points in Game 1, a career-high for James in the Finals. He recorded a triple double in Games 2 and 5 and just missed one in Game 6 with 32 points, 19 rebounds and nine assists.

According to Tom Haberstroh of ESPN, James accounted for 38.3% of Cleveland's points in the Finals, the second-highest percentage of team points in Finals history. He is edged only by Michael Jordan scoring 38.4% of the Bulls' points in the 1993 Finals, which Chicago won.

James lost out on MVP honors for the series to Warriors guard Andre Iguodala. Had he been named Finals MVP, James would have been only the second NBA player in history to achieve it in a losing effort (Jerry West in 1969 is the first).

Vansterdam 06-17-2015 08:27 AM

123654123 06-17-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 8649108)
In my books, Lebron sucks. He can't win jack without allstar team. I don't got respect for players that join stacked teams to win championships. Without wade and bosh Lebron would be championship-less. Look at Jordan, he didn't go join another team to win his championships, even to this day, still one of the best in the history of this game for his position.

...scottie pippen became a man and rodman joined them later. jordan had a good team.

this finals reminded me of the 2007 finals when lebron had no help as well. they only got swept back then because he was a giant puss and couldn't pull out a single win.

the only thing i didn't like about lebron's nba finals game is the 2nd half of game 6. it's do or die wtf stop passing the ball, he had 5 games to figure out that he's their only offence. jordan and kobe would jack the ball up every possession in his position, they would lose on their own terms.

tldr: lebron is still a lil bit of a puss

Special K 06-17-2015 11:51 AM

Lebron played amazing. But basketball is still a team sport (to some extent).

It was Lebron vs. ALL in this series.

Spoon 06-17-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123654123 (Post 8649122)
the only thing i didn't like about lebron's nba finals game is the 2nd half of game 6. it's do or die wtf stop passing the ball, he had 5 games to figure out that he's their only offence. jordan and kobe would jack the ball up every possession in his position, they would lose on their own terms.

tldr: lebron is still a lil bit of a puss

Because he's not Jordan or Kobe? Sure he can take over the game, but he's better at getting his team involved and distributing the ball. It's a team game and if your team mates don't show up, you're not winning anything a la this Final.

I don't know about everyone else, but I love it when the team shares the ball. Love the Spurs and enjoyed every minute of their championship run last year.

Obsideon 06-17-2015 05:10 PM

There is no denying that Lebron is heads and shoulders above everyone else right now. He is the best player in the world and this series proved it. Any other player in his position with that ragtag team would have been easily swept. He turned scrubs like Delladova into a household name and indirectly got Tristan Thompson PAID because the defense collapsed on LBJ every time he drove which left TT open for the boards. He would not have had nearly as good a post-season without Lebron.

I will admit that I am a Lebron hater though. He is weak mentally. There's a huge difference to get players to join him rather than him jumping ship.

It all started with "The Decision" then it just snowballed from there.
Then the article about "I am coming back to Cleveland to tutor the young kids, I understand it will be a long and hard process" then within a week tells management to dump Wiggins for Love because he wants to win now. Contradict much?

Jordan wouldn't have called Magic, Bird
Quote:

Michael Jordan led the Chicago Bulls to six titles. And while he had Scottie Pippen, there is little question the Bulls were Jordan's team.

"There's no way I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'"In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

"He'll never be Jordan," Barkley told 790 The Ticket in Miami earlier in the week. "This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to.

"There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man' ... LeBron, if he would've in Cleveland, and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."
Other talented players I dislike are Dwight and Josh Smith.
Dwight's lazy ass days in LA, he knew the team wasn't that good, but that doesn't give you a reason to not show up at all, still getting paid to play.

Josh Smith, :facepalm:... highest paid player in history to be WAIVED by his team. How embarrassing is that! Then the Pistons start winning! What a cancer! Then he walks on to the Rockets to join his "buddy".

taeyoung92 06-17-2015 07:37 PM

this series was a perfect example of basketball being a team game, and no matter who you have on your team the better TEAM will prevail. im not huge lebron fan, but he did deserve MVP imo. lets face it, the cavs would be nowhere without lebron in that lineup without kyrie and love. and he IS the best player in the world. its bit of a stretch to give the finals mvp to someone on the losing team but the stats lebron put up it would be well deserved. he literally gave it his all but you can only do so much. also i had no problem with him saying hes the best player in the world cuz he is... and this is coming from a huge kobe fan but you gotta give credit where its due. im happy for GSW and steph curry, hes got a great story and is a good rolemodel for the kids. and above all else his game is just filthyy

LC21 06-17-2015 08:07 PM

I got a little upset watching delly and jr smith play the first 3 quarters. Wasting possesions.... smh.

jaebomb 06-23-2015 12:14 PM

Draft in 2 days who do you guys got rising n slippin

Obsideon 06-24-2015 11:27 PM

The dice are rolling!
- Love opts out!
- Lakers deep in the chase for DeMarcus Cousins, Lamarcus Aldridge and even Kevin Love. Random twin towers?!
Portland is turning into the San Andreas movie, everyone getting the fuck out!
- Batum traded, Matthews and Afflalo opted out.
- Blazers trying desperately to lock up Lillard now but not sure if he'll stay after watching this exodus. He'll only have Robin Lopez and Chris Kaman to play with lol.

I'm a Spurs fan so I'm super excited to see what's gonna happen, I heard they are looking at LMA or Marc Gasol. The first big-name they are chasing since like forever. Imagine adding a star of that caliber to the Spurs already well-oiled machine. :high:

Obsideon 06-25-2015 07:52 PM

Boo, nothing exciting at the draft except Lakers took Russell over Okafor which was a great move. They can lure a big man from FA which is ezpz for the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. Also Sac-town drafted a center over Mudiay, does that mean Boogie is on his way out of town?

Mike Oxbig 06-25-2015 08:17 PM

why is everyone leaving portland?

Obsideon 06-25-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig (Post 8652489)
why is everyone leaving portland?

The first domino fell when LaMarcus Aldridge decided he was not going to re-sign. As good as Damien Lillard is, especially in the clutch. Aldridge was the undisputed anchor of the team. They already failed to make the playoffs with this core and weren't getting any better so they are going full rebuild although they got nothing back in terms of assets. The writing was on the wall when they traded Batum for cap space, LMA's closest teammate.

Nlkko 06-25-2015 09:00 PM

Lakers got DLoading, how is he.

roflwaffle604 06-25-2015 09:03 PM

lol @ okafor to sixers. so they got noel, embiid and now okafor all up front

Sir_Loin 06-25-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8652508)
Lakers got DLoading, how is he.

Friends who are Laker fans are saying a mix of Curry/Harden just cause he's left handed lol. :rukidding:

The Heat just got Deng's replacement in Winslow. And LOL at Knicks fans when Porzingis was selected.

Obsideon 06-25-2015 09:35 PM

lmao at the poor kid who was :tears: when Adam Silver announced Bargnani junior at their 4th pick!

Yup my cousin who is a hardcore Lakers fan says Russell has glimpses of Curry with a body of Westbrook :rukidding:
But still a good pick considering that they have Julius Randle and looking to pick up one of LMA, Cousins or Gasol.

Sixers :facepalm: ... even Joel Embiid tweeted:

Exact same situation as Detroit last year with Monroe, Drummond and Josh Smith, and look what happened there.

Sir_Loin 06-25-2015 10:09 PM

Embiid had a setback in recovery he may not even play. Still the 76ers have 4 bigs Embiid, Noel, Okafor and Šarić and no guards to get them the ball.

Obsideon 06-25-2015 10:18 PM

However given Sixers situation I probably would have done the same. Take the best player available regardless of position. Rumours surfaced that Boston was interested in Noel and they have hoarded a boatload of picks over the next 3-4 years.

Shayan4440 06-25-2015 11:09 PM

Embiid is probably going to miss a huge chunk of next season so that was one of the reasons they picked up Okafor. No real big surprises though.