REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #7451
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I don't see Kobe working off the ball..... ever...
he's a gimme the rock and clear out type a dude till the day he dies....

Nash is a brilliant PG though, so what I'm more interested in than their playoff run, is seeing is how Nash is gonna adapt to Kobe and make it work, I'm sure he will, and I'm sure it will be real fun to watch
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #7452
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I don't see Kobe working off the ball..... ever...
he's a gimme the rock and clear out type a dude till the day he dies....

Nash is a brilliant PG though, so what I'm more interested in than their playoff run, is seeing is how Nash is gonna adapt to Kobe and make it work, I'm sure he will, and I'm sure it will be real fun to watch
exactly what I was thinking. I dont know how to feel about this "trade". I guess time will tell
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #7453
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
i was excited to see which team nash will go to, but for some reason, him going to the lakers is just...odd

getting the vibe of "if you cant beat them, join them"

oh well, still be exciting none the less, wonder whats next, bynum for howard maybe??
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #7454
Banned By Establishment

Maybe Nash will get his ring after all
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #7455

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
Maybe Nash will get his ring after all
Only reason i'd root for the Lakers.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #7456
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
You guys are over-ANALyzing. Kobe pushed for Nash, Nash will get the ball alright. I don't see any problem except more options for LA down the stretch. LA havent had a good passing guard and a shooter lately. Now they have 2 in 1.

Guard defense is still a problem, esp with quick guards. That still needs to be solved. Hopefully Mitch will come up with something.

I wouldn't go as far as handing Kobe and Nash their rings as other teams are still very strong. LA roster still needs work.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #7457
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
i was excited to see which team nash will go to, but for some reason, him going to the lakers is just...odd

getting the vibe of "if you cant beat them, join them"

oh well, still be exciting none the less, wonder whats next, bynum for howard maybe??
What would you have him do? Tank for the lottery with losers like the Raptors and the Suns? His own team (the Suns) aren't even trying to keep him, the guy who beyond all odds, stayed put after all those years.

Bynum for Howard yeaaaaboiiii.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #7458
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Nash is already the second best point guard the Lakers have had even without playing a single game for them. - Twitter Adande
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #7459
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Nash is already the second best point guard the Lakers have had even without playing a single game for them. - Twitter Adande
Eh....debatable....many would argue that the Glove was better than Nash.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-05-2012 at 12:17 AM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #7460

Any room on the Laker bandwagon for one more!
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #7461
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Now that Nash is a Laker, what does the Raptors GM Colangelo do?
If they can't get Lowry then they should stick with Bayless and offer him a cheap contract since the free agent PGs are looking slim now. It was a bad gamble (Im assuming) to get Landry for that much just for Nash, and it back fired.

btw, good signing by the Suns to fill in the PG spot right away. 4yr 30 million for Goran Dragic.
Ron_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #7462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
If they can't get Lowry then they should stick with Bayless and offer him a cheap contract since the free agent PGs are looking slim now. It was a bad gamble (Im assuming) to get Landry for that much just for Nash, and it back fired.

btw, good signing by the Suns to fill in the PG spot right away. 4yr 30 million for Goran Dragic.
Knicks could still match the Raps offer to keep Fields. And though it's a smart move for the Suns to pick up Dragic, they were 10x more stupid to trade him + a first round pick for Aaron Brooks....
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #7463

^ agreed.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #7464
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Had all the help he needs for the last 5 years....The reason why this is such a big addition for the Lakers is because Nash will probably finally be able to do for the Lakers what Kobe will never be able to do: get the best out of his teammates....That said, Lakers still need to surround that team with shooters and a good wing player....

As Ric Bucher said: "Not to rain on the parade, but Lakers need an Iguodala or athletic 3 now more than ever for this move to translate to a full upgrade."

you think i don't know that? lol,

only thing kobe has never had in his career is an all-star PG that can support him and handle the ball so he can play less and be fresher which is why i said that.. but okay.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #7465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post

you think i don't know that? lol,

only thing kobe has never had in his career is an all-star PG that can support him and handle the ball so he can play less and be fresher which is why i said that.. but okay.
was hard to understand your post when you said "at least he gets some help now" while putting in brackets "or even more help".....as if you were suggesting he doesn't get ENOUGH help...
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #7466

Heat & Clippers in lead for Ray Allen, with LeBron & CP3 recruiting hard.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #7467
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I'm excited to see what Nash brings to LA. Kobe will still get his touches, we just won't have to go 1 on 1 every time. Let's see if LA goes after D12 now.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #7468

hope the lakers can find a solid 3 that could shoot from downtown as Nash will definitely be driving and dishing out to him or to Gasol/Bynum inside.

Can't wait

Looks like Beasley is on his way to Phoenix suns as well..There goes my hope of him coming to LA lol...

How's grant hill's contract in Phx..is he there for a while still? lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #7469

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Kobe will still get his touches, we just won't have to go 1 on 1 every time.
Are ALL Lakers fans this naive? Hello? He's NEVER HAD to go 1-on-1....Do Lakers fans not realize that Bynum and Pau are two of the top 10 big men in the league!?....In fact, Gasol is a top-5 PF and I would argue that Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league....I'll say it again, THE BIGGEST REASON WHY THIS IS A GOOD TRADE FOR THE LAKERS IS BECAUSE FINALLY BYNUM AND PAU WILL GET THE BALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
How's grant hill's contract in Phx..is he there for a while still? lol
Hill is an unrestricted free agent and can sign wherever he wants; rumours are swirling that he could follow Nash to LA.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-05-2012 at 07:43 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #7470
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Clipps agree to deals with Chauncey Billups and Jamal Crawford, source tells Yahoo! Billups gets 1-year deal. @BA_Turner broke story.

Seems like Ray Allen only has two choices.

Celtics or Heats.

Celtics are offering more money and even throwing in a no-trade clause in there to keep him.

If Ray Allen decides to go to Miami he is giving up anything from 3M to 6M.

I hope Ray Allen stays Boston.

Edit:

Yup confirmed, They canceled meeting with Ray Allen

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,1951283.story
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #7471

Raptors and Rockets reached an agreement to trade Lowry to Toronto for a future lottery pick...

If this goes down and confirmed then this is a hell of a pickup for the raptors..

If the knicks don't match the fields offer then.

Bayless/Lowry/DeRozan/Ross/Johnson/Johnson/Bargnani/Valenciunas..Now, if they can trade Calderon for another SF or a draft pick and get rid of Kleiza (amnesty maybe?) somehow..
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #7472

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Raptors and Rockets reached an agreement to trade Lowry to Toronto for a future lottery pick...

If this goes down and confirmed then this is a hell of a pickup for the raptors..

If the knicks don't match the fields offer then.

Bayless/Lowry/DeRozan/Ross/Johnson/Johnson/Bargnani/Valenciunas..Now, if they can trade Calderon for another SF or a draft pick and get rid of Kleiza (amnesty maybe?) somehow..
Sweet deal for the Raptors. Dunno what the Rockets are doing though... looks like TANK nation is comming to Houston.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #7473
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Are ALL Lakers fans this naive? Hello? He's NEVER HAD to go 1-on-1....Do Lakers fans not realize that Bynum and Pau are two of the top 10 big men in the league!?....In fact, Gasol is a top-5 PF and I would argue that Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league....I'll say it again, THE BIGGEST REASON WHY THIS IS A GOOD TRADE FOR THE LAKERS IS BECAUSE FINALLY BYNUM AND PAU WILL GET THE BALL.
thats debatable just because kobe WILL demand and get his shots. Its not like hes going to disappear and let bynum and gasol take over as 1st option. If you mean they literally will get more touches this coming year than sure, I agree.

I like the trade just because Mike Brown needs a PG in his system. Whether or not hes going to use bynum and gasol more this coming season is a toss up. I honestly would like to see that happen, but cmon its kobe and the lakers.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #7474

If the Lakers don't run the pick-and-roll between Pau and Nash AT LEAST 50% of the times up the court, they are just putting him to waste. And as I said before, they also need an athletic, knock-down shooter at the 3-spot....it doesn't have to be a stud...just someone who can shoot the 3 and cut to the hoop.

Steve Nash said in an interview Thursday that he has already talked to Lakers coach Mike Brown about calling his own plays and running the offense for the Lakers.
Many folks think Kobe Bryant may have the ball in his hands too much for Nash to lead the league in assists this season, but it's important to remember that Kobe's never played with a great point guard, either. Nash went on to say that he hasn't decided on what number he'll wear (13 is retired) and that he'll do whatever he can to recruit Grant Hill to the Lakers. So far, things are going pretty well for Nash in his new city.

In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal...

Last edited by bballguy; 07-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #7475
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

This post thanked by: