REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #101
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS
 
penner2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Delta
Posts: 15,920
Thanked 765 Times in 228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
Again - did you even ask her, did she keep forgetting the birth control pill? 2 times @ 1% is like better then lottery?
I'd like to know this too.. I'd also like to know why the ppl that are calling this guy an asshole and saying he should die arent looking at this point.
Once.. sure it can happen. For it to happen a second time just seems really fishy.

Which is worse? Cheating and not getting caught..

or not taking birth control.. having a baby and now this guy either has to pay child support for the next 18 years or he has a child to take care of for the rest of his life?

Also he says the second time they were using multiple forms of birth control.
I'd say the chances of this child not even being his are pretty damn good. It wouldnt be the first time this happened. In fact I have heard its >25% of guys are paying child support for a child that isnt even theirs.

__________________
The harder I lift and the more I eat, the better my genetics seem to get.
penner2k is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #102
Official Texas Ambassador
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,135
Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,206 Posts
The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

This is my last reply after it hitting 100 post, I realized most of you are too caught up in your own ideal world of how things should be and will always find something to nitpick about so here it is, bash bitch complain at what is now a past event and can’t be changed.

I’m obviously speaking strictly from my POV, trying to express more of what goes through my mind but that came out as being cocky, ok. I tell her “TRY” because I don’t believe anyone should ever promise anyone else that they will never do something because nothing is certain or set in stone, I’m being honest and real to her. I’m not cheating anymore and am taking responsibility to my gf and child am I not? If I didn’t care or love, I could just kick her and the child both out of the house and throw them some money every month and not bother dealing with it – but most of you are too ignorant to even think about that.

My relationship isn’t an on and off one, it’s been 6.5 years of constantly being together no break ups. Anyone who’s been or is in a long-term relationship should understand that there are times where, no matter how much you love that person, you will experience moments when you can’t stand your SO. So yes I loved her through rough patches because I love the person she is inside. I never mentioned anything about loving her forever because I don’t know. And please read, I said I’m not ready for marriage, I can’t offer that deep commitment yet so I am not and is still waiting.

Imo, it is not justified to say that I don’t deserve a second chance at all, I’ve been good up until what I did and I am admitting that I made a mistake. It’s like saying everyone who’s currently dating someone who has ever cheated on their ex don’t deserve to be with anyone (from other forums, seems like either some of you were former cheaters or is with someone who was a cheater). Whatever happened to “the past is the past” – something I see as typical forum replies? I don’t feel as bad as I should maybe because when you hear about things and when you actually experience it, it’s a whole different story. I can bet many of you who’ve said what you’ve said will do hypocritical actions when it actually happens, please stop being naÔve.

Also, my gf is awesome. She should dump my ass? No, we both believe a child needs both parents so instead of saying you are disappointed in her for her choice, why don’t you praise her for considering the child’s development? I was just peeking over at another thread and a certain someone was saying how the child should come first, and how parents should really consider staying together for the sake of the child. Try being less bitter and be more opened minded and be more happy that this didn’t end in disaster like some Jerry Springer shit. So that’s it. I will have a good life and future thank you.

PS: for those of you questioning about the pill, she freaks out every time she forgets the pill and we use other methods of birth control when it happens (following all the instrutions), so that 0.0001% still exist. Also I didn’t purposely do any DNA test or anything but the child is mines, 100% confirmed.
El Bastardo is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #103
2013, 2016 & 2017 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion
 
HonestTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,267
Thanked 938 Times in 421 Posts
ROFL butter_sashimi's replies are pretty awesome
HonestTea is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #104
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
ROFL butter_sashimi's replies are pretty awesome
Heres what I'm going to say on this matter.

You are immature. I know I could call you names but I won't. I don't think you're evil.. but please listen to me.. you are very immature and you should NOT be having sex.
Please stop. You cannot be a responsible father to this child because you can't even be a responsible boyfriend/husband.

Whoever you are, you need to know that EVERYONE has faced some hardship in their lives and the difference between a good person and a complete tool is whether that person is willing to make sacrifices and not only think about him self.
You've chosen your path and it is that of a tool.

Don't bother to reply with "You have to be in my shoes" because we're all in the same boat. We all have our battles to fight and you have proven to your self , worst of all, that you are irresponsible, a liar and a Man that has the mentality of a teenager who is doing grow up things and lives in a fantasy world where he doesn't have to own up to the consequences.

Today I am very grateful that I am not YOU. The worst thing here is that You will not be able to live with your self.. Your girlfriend, whom I pity, will eventually find out what you're doing to her and she will find better and that is guaranteed because she cannot get any lower than you.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #105
VLS Barista Brat
 
Trinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Richmond
Posts: 9,175
Thanked 51 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post
The following is a reply from the Anonymous member
Blah blah blah.
Well sir, good luck to you.
__________________
Quem deus vult perdere dementat prius.
Trinity is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #106
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
vmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post
No, we both believe a child needs both parents so instead of saying you are disappointed in her for her choice, why donít you praise her for considering the childís development? I was just peeking over at another thread and a certain someone was saying how the child should come first, and how parents should really consider staying together for the sake of the child.
In bold: bullshit. Since when does not being together as a couple mean a child only has one parent?! The child only has one parent when the other leaves, leaves the life of the child completely. If that's not the case the child always has 2 parents... just not together.

I disagree strongly with any couple who thinks they are doing more good than harm by staying for the childs sake; if they are unhappy in their relationship. Did it ever occur to you that you can be a happier person and in turn a better parent if you are happy inside or outside your relationship?

And don't think your child won't grow up seeing a happy couple; no matter how hard you try to disguise it. The kid knows, knows more than you'll ever think. The kid knows when you're fighting, knows when you're not happy. You basically raise the kid showing him/ her an unhealthy/ poor perception of a fun loving relationship. Yeah, that's great parenting alright.

I come from a happily broken family and that was always better than the bitter "complete" family I had before.
__________________
As Gordon Ramsey says: "Fuck me."
vmec is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #107
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,671
Thanked 968 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Whoever you are, you need to know that EVERYONE has faced some hardship in their lives and the difference between a good person and a complete tool is whether that person is willing to make sacrifices and not only think about him self.
You've chosen your path and it is that of a tool.

Don't bother to reply with "You have to be in my shoes" because we're all in the same boat. We all have our battles to fight and you have proven to your self , worst of all, that you are irresponsible, a liar and a Man that has the mentality of a teenager who is doing grow up things and lives in a fantasy world where he doesn't have to own up to the consequences.
Sorry, but please tell me how he didnt own up to the consequences? He's already stated that they used multiple forms of birth control, not once did he state that he's running away from his family because he didnt want to have a child.

As much as I believe that cheating is wrong, in his case it happened. Like he stated already, he cant take it back.
However he did what was necessary afterwards, he manned up and confessed to it and was truthful to his gf. By confessing and apologizing for it, he is putting the fate of their relationship and child in her hands and she chose to stay and work things out with him.

You mention sacrifices and not being selfish, I hardly think he's the selfish one here (not saying that his gf is selfish either) but did you read the part where he helps out her family, pays most of the bills and part of her tuition?

You say he's immature and has the mentality of a teenager? Sounds like a pretty damn good provider to me, when was the last time you saw a teenager providing for 2 other human beings?

(And no, you cant use the fact that he HAD cheated ONCE to argue against the fact he's providing for his family)

I know all the females are going to jump down my throat now for having an opinion on the matter that is against what they believe
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Crayon
!Yaminashi is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #108
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
vmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
(And no, you cant use the fact that he HAD cheated ONCE to argue against the fact he's providing for his family)
Correct me if I'm wrong he cheated multiple times. But has since stopped and will "try" to not do it again.
__________________
As Gordon Ramsey says: "Fuck me."
vmec is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #109
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,671
Thanked 968 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong he cheated multiple times. But has since stopped and will "try" to not do it again.
From what I read they have been in a relationship for 6 years and he only cheated
Recently when he wasn't getting any
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Crayon
!Yaminashi is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #110
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
vmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
he cheated multiples times... that doesn't mean he cheated once. once is one instance. you can call it one spree of multiple times... but once is once.
__________________
As Gordon Ramsey says: "Fuck me."
vmec is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #111
2013, 2016 & 2017 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion
 
HonestTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,267
Thanked 938 Times in 421 Posts
ROFL...why did The7even quote me when it was directed at the anonymous poster.. LOL =_=;;
HonestTea is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #112
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
he cheated multiples times... that doesn't mean he cheated once. once is one instance. you can call it one spree of multiple times... but once is once.
He had an affair but its only with 1 girl. 1 affair = 1 incident. Unless we really want to be THAT picky and get THAT technical for the sake of.... I don't know, spite against the OP? But by that one loses one's objectivity.
Noir is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #113
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
ROFL...why did The7even quote me when it was directed at the anonymous poster.. LOL =_=;;
I was going to agree with you but forgot to say anything and just went on and replied to the OP. Sorry about the confusion.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #114
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
vmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
He had an affair but its only with 1 girl. 1 affair = 1 incident. Unless we really want to be THAT picky and get THAT technical for the sake of.... I don't know, spite against the OP? But by that one loses one's objectivity.
Oh sorry, silly me... I was just being picky and technical and specifying it didn't happen ONCE.

But thank you so much for making it all so clear!
__________________
As Gordon Ramsey says: "Fuck me."
vmec is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #115
I don't get it
 
butter_sashimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 402
Thanked 65 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
ROFL butter_sashimi's replies are pretty awesome
Oh my~ *blush*

The OP's resolve over his entire fiasco is pretty solid now despite any criticism at the moment. Though, I still would like to know how great of a catch he is hmm.
butter_sashimi is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #116
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
Oh sorry, silly me... I was just being picky and technical and specifying it didn't happen ONCE.

But thank you so much for making it all so clear!
Gee, it was just a difference in opinion.

Did I miss a memo that your opinions are absolute and beyond contention?

Last edited by Noir; 03-03-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Noir is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #117
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
vmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^ sorry I must have distributed the memo wrong! I apologize.
__________________
As Gordon Ramsey says: "Fuck me."
vmec is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #118
Ubereem Mod
 
Gt-R R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,070
Thanked 120 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post
The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

PS: for those of you questioning about the pill, she freaks out every time she forgets the pill and we use other methods of birth control when it happens (following all the instrutions), so that 0.0001% still exist. Also I didnít purposely do any DNA test or anything but the child is mines, 100% confirmed.
go buy a lottery ticket.

Again - well as long as he mans up now, all our discussion is moot. no matter how much we bash, what we say good or bad. In all scope of things. doesn't mean squat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
sometimes I like to use kindergarten art class scissors to cut my pubes
Gt-R R34 is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #119
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
From what I read they have been in a relationship for 6 years and he only cheated
Recently when he wasn't getting any
I know you're not suggesting that it's some how less evil because he wasn't getting any.

If you're that horny, watch porn.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #120
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I know you're not suggesting that it's some how less evil because he wasn't getting any.

If you're that horny, watch porn.
It's not just about "not getting any." The pornography/masturbation/abstinence thing is only viable if it was only a limited period of time. This can occur for many reasons.

ie. either your gf/wife is
*having her period
*is away on vacation
*recent fight

However, when a relationship has evolved into a sexless one, you cannot ask a guy to abstain from sex COMPLETELY for life. Short of being a martyr, it's almost an impossible task and the girl/wife is putting her partner in a very difficult position should a compromising opportunity arises.

Since womens' need for sex isn't as dire as a man's need for it, a lot of them are under the misconception that when a relationship evolves to be sexless, it is not a significant problem at all.
Noir is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #121
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,671
Thanked 968 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I know you're not suggesting that it's some how less evil because he wasn't getting any.

If you're that horny, watch porn.
Yes thats true, I wasnt suggesting that its less evil just because he wasnt getting any. I've stated that cheating is wrong but up till now, he's done all he can.

Hes confessed, apologized, and she chose to stay. So I dont understand why you're still going on calling him immature and selfish
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Crayon

Last edited by !Yaminashi; 03-03-2009 at 08:09 PM.
!Yaminashi is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #122
I am Hook'd on RS
 
mangopudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 51
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Yes thats true, I wasnt suggesting that its less evil just because he wasnt getting any. I've stated that cheating is wrong but up till now, he's done all he can.

Hes confessed, apologized, and she chose to stay. So I dont understand why you're still going on calling him immature and selfish
he asked straight out what people thought of him and said he wouldn't take offense, but he did. everyone gave him their honest opinions like he asked for but then people were called out for it.

"I realized most of you are too caught up in your own ideal world of how things should be and will always find something to nitpick about so here it is"

and also, "I don't know why most (not ALL) women can never be satisfied and keep up the constant complaining and have such unrealistic views about how men should treat women."

to me, both a man and woman should treat each other with respect. there's nothing unrealistic about a woman wanting their man to be faithful (and vice versa). if he's gonna call out the ladies and say how we have unrealistic views on how a man should treat a woman, then he might as well call out himself too. i mean the only reason why he cheated was apparently because he wasn't getting any sex and his gf got fat-which thus turned him off. was he expecting his gf to stay the way she looked the first day he met her after she gave birth to a child + abortion beforehand? it sounds like he thinks that--now that is unrealistic.

what's going to happen when she has another child in the future?or when she starts getting old?
mangopudding is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #123
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
happytoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Van
Posts: 77
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangopudding View Post
what's going to happen when she has another child in the future?or when she starts getting old?
I think he did reply saying he doesn't know what will happen in the future and will "try" to not let it happen again (no promises) but is currently taking responsibility and realize he made a bad move for cheating. Imo, by being able to man up, confess, and let the gf choose, he has reflected on his mistake and is willing to do what it takes to make up for it.
happytoro is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #124
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
vmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Since womens' need for sex isn't as dire as a man's need for it, a lot of them are under the misconception that when a relationship evolves to be sexless, it is not a significant problem at all.
HAHAHA Bullshit. I just love your big, fat, untrue generalization. Here, I'll fix it for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Since SOMEwomens' need for sex isn't as dire as SOME man's need for it, a lot of them are under the misconception that when a relationship evolves to be sexless, it is not a significant problem at all.
__________________
As Gordon Ramsey says: "Fuck me."
vmec is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #125
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
HAHAHA Bullshit. I just love your big, fat, untrue generalization. Here, I'll fix it for you...
You do know what a generalization means right? and that statement is still very much true.

Pls. Women enjoy sex as a byproduct of love & romance. I did use the word "a lot" as the margin of women that that like fucking for the sake of needing a dick are a much smaller margin than their general counterparts. In fact, don't women have a certain derogatory label for these kind of women? So unless you're in complete denial, or just utterly naive, everybody granted with the slightest common sense knows the difference between a man and a woman's view to sex.

nice try trying to discredit me. but you fail. yet again.

Last edited by Noir; 03-04-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Noir is offline  
Closed Thread
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net