REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #76
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Mashimaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,706
Thanked 458 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I was pricing this set up brand new and it runs over or close a grand MRSP (IIRC). So no, it isn't exactly cheap, hahah. It's certainly running into C/O area but cheap C/Os at that.
on the brightside, those shocks are lot cheaper than they used to be back in the mid 90's.

you can find some really good deals online though (Hondatech buy and sell). i've seen the shocks alone sell for anywhere between 2-400USD.

like i stated before, i'd take that combo over the cheap coilovers for that price range still (the Koni yellow has a lifetime warranty when purchased new).

Has anyone asked around to see if anyone carries D2 and stuff locally anymore? i'm guessing most shops got sick of warrantied shocks...
Advertisement
__________________
Toda Powered
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #77
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Leopold Stotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,044
Thanked 315 Times in 149 Posts
i just spec'd up my set up with konis

1995 Nissan 240SX

Front struts - $352
Rear struts - $270
Eibach Sportline Springs - $ 199

Total - $821 USD before shipping.

bah now i dont know what to get anymore..
__________________
1996 Honda Accord
1995 Nissan 240sx
2004 Infiniti G35
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #78
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,688
Thanked 977 Times in 477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeTech View Post
i just spec'd up my set up with konis

1995 Nissan 240SX

Front struts - $352
Rear struts - $270
Eibach Sportline Springs - $ 199

Total - $821 USD before shipping.

bah now i dont know what to get anymore..
Whats wrong with this setup?
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #79
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tokyo/Vancouver
Posts: 967
Thanked 102 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
well, no offense to you, but it's not like the Sentra SE-R is a popular choice out there. I'm sure Nissan sees the lack of sales and doesn't want to put the R&D and/or marketing into making parts for it.

that sucks dood...i'm sure something will come out eventually...or perhaps some research to see if other parts will fit your car (ie: maybe Altima suspension is the same?)
There's plenty of sentra options from Koni. You just don't know where to look. go to www.sr20forum.com and search for koni CSK's. Koni makes strut inserts from every sentra from 1990 forward. The sentra se-r is a relatively popular car, just not in canada. The sentra se-r also shares most of its suspension components with other vehicles like the pulsar gti-r, nx2000.

a popular setup is to use sentra spec v yellow's (they have the external top adjustment) in your oem front housing, with a bit of the bottom trimmed to gain back 1" of travel. This is usually paired with ground controls in the 300-400lb range.
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #80
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Mashimaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,706
Thanked 458 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrx View Post
There's plenty of sentra options from Koni. You just don't know where to look. go to www.sr20forum.com and search for koni CSK's. Koni makes strut inserts from every sentra from 1990 forward. The sentra se-r is a relatively popular car, just not in canada. The sentra se-r also shares most of its suspension components with other vehicles like the pulsar gti-r, nx2000.

a popular setup is to use sentra spec v yellow's (they have the external top adjustment) in your oem front housing, with a bit of the bottom trimmed to gain back 1" of travel. This is usually paired with ground controls in the 300-400lb range.
sorry, i didn't make myself clear. i was referring to the OP's 2008+ Sentra SE-R body style (what is it now, B16 chassis code?).

i wasn't sure if the previous generation B15 suspension was exactly the same and i'm not sure if a lot of people know for certain that it will work on the newest SE-R's.
__________________
Toda Powered
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #81
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,790
Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,095 Posts
NCRX is still correct though. The Koni 8610 inserts should work on the B16 struts.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #82
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,688
Thanked 977 Times in 477 Posts
Id go with inserts if I could find a place that would do all of the work for me.
I dont trust myself to do any of that handywork
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #83
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Leopold Stotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,044
Thanked 315 Times in 149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Whats wrong with this setup?
cause the coilovers i want are going to be just a tiny bit more after conversion and shipping/duty

so personally i'm driving myself insane trying to figure out what i want. i don't want to fuck up lol
__________________
1996 Honda Accord
1995 Nissan 240sx
2004 Infiniti G35
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net