REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:23 AM   #2501
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
A couple amazing matches on this show, some just fucked up shit. I think Cody is the most popular babyface in all of US wrestling.

I wasn't a fan of the Mox vs Omega match at first, as I don't like hardcore wrestling. But man they actually turned it into a fucking awesome match by the end! I'd say I can't believe it, but I think Omega can have a good match whenever he wants
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #2502
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
A couple amazing matches on this show, some just fucked up shit. I think Cody is the most popular babyface in all of US wrestling.

I wasn't a fan of the Mox vs Omega match at first, as I don't like hardcore wrestling. But man they actually turned it into a fucking awesome match by the end! I'd say I can't believe it, but I think Omega can have a good match whenever he wants
yup, can't wait till i watch it later this week

in other news, NJPW official store moved down the street from their old place, its more open now, and pretty cool store.

got a switchblade hat..becuz why not

also got tickets for WK14

Last edited by Tim Budong; 11-10-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #2503
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Usually it's just about the gore factor but this was a pretty well told story and even though the props were all watered down (fake barbwire with 1 or 2 sharp bits for instance) you could still feel the pain these guys went through. Apparently this will be the last match of this type for awhile. It was something Moxley had wanted to do for a long time. Omega has completely won me over as probably the best in business right now.

Did you see the stitches on Cody's eyebrow??? wow.

Berz out.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #2504
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

JR commenting on the Mox/Omega match. It challenged him as a broadcaster, also seems like he agrees with most, not a fan of the hardcore stuff, but this match was different.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/11...ear-main-event
Old 11-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #2505

Yeah Khan said he wants to do hardcore matches 1 or 2 times a year on PPV. I think it's a good idea, because while I don't like it, clearly a lot of people do. And that's one major advantage they can have. Especially after WWE just had a DQ in a fucking Hell in a Cell match.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #2506
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Surprised nobody has mentioned this

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #2507
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^ saw this last night on youtube. i think he's gonna be back in the wwe. wwe needs him, their ratings are crap and raw/smackdown is boring.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #2508
i like gifs

Apparently, Tony Khan threw a boatload of money at Punk to join AEW

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._tony_khan_in/
Old 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #2509
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

CM PUNK.. i think he's great, but its been sooooo long and the product evolved, his return maybe past it's due date already imo
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #2510
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

AEW really giving talent a chance to shine

Old 11-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #2511

MJF is so great

But I don't know if it's because I've been distracted today, but overall this was the first "meh" episode of Dynamite for me.

Edit: Actually thinking back, the end of the Pac vs Hangman match was fantastic, Luchasaurus basically making his debut, and he's hugely popular... Scorpio pinning Jericho was great, Darby had a good showing, Moxley had a great promo. I guess I am just kinda out of it
Old 11-14-2019, 03:20 AM   #2512
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

further the discussion on aew wanting to create stars

i believe the bucks and omega hasn't won a match yet officially...
Old 11-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #2513
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Survivor Series was interesting. HHH influence on booking is clearly there.

but that main event was a complete snoozefest
Old 11-26-2019, 02:25 AM   #2514

SS was weird, I don't know why the NXT wrestlers are automatically supposed to be heels... They are by far the most popular people on the roster. Some matches were way too long, most were kind of boring. Fiend is a great gimimck but his matches are always shit. Especially with the stupid red light.

I loved the Cole/Dunne match, and the Brock match. Both the womens main and the AJ three way were just boring typical WWE three ways. They book these matches the same every time, and the crowd just sits and waits for the end so they can cheer people kicking out of finishers.

I don't think this is HHH booked. They just want NXT to get over so their Wednesday ratings aren't so bad lol. Of course almost everyone won with a fuck finish so I don't know how well this will work
Old 11-29-2019, 11:44 PM   #2515
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

anyone watch the Stone Cold interview with The Undertaker? I just watched it and thought it was pretty good, there were some stuff that I knew but there were other tidbits that I thought were pretty good.

The part that cracked me up the most was that Mark (undertaker) thought Vince was going to call him Egg Man....man that had me cracking up so much.
SuperAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:56 PM   #2516

Oh might be something to look forward to next year. I was doing a search and found out some court documents that the WWE release to counter counterfeit merchandise and to have authority to seize them. But anyways they provide a list of cities that they intend to goto. I cross referenced and found the NXT in Vancouver early this year..but guess what I looked further into 2020 and found another date scheduled for Van at Rogers Arena......guess what day.....................

February 14,2020...which is a Friday..which means Smackdown.........I am guessing Smackdown on Fox....Tv taping...

2/3/2020 Salt lake City UT US Vivint Smart Home Arena
2/7/2020 Las Vedas NV US T-Mobile Arena
2/10/2020 San Jose CA US SAP Center
2/14/2020 Vancouver Canada CA Rogers Arena
2/16/2020 Portland OR US Meda Center
2/17/2020 Tacoma WA US Tacoma Dome
2/21/2020 Sioux City IA US Tyson Events Center
2/24/2020 Kansas City MO US Sprint Center
2/28/2020 Charlotte NC US Spectrum Center
Old 11-30-2019, 12:15 AM   #2517
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Smackdown is now Live
i guess its been awhile since anywhere but TO or Montreal has had a large scale wwe event
Old 11-30-2019, 02:59 AM   #2518

Cool to see Vancouver getting a taping again. WWE ticket sales are pretty much dead everywhere, but I bet they will be pretty popular, being the first taping in a long time.

RAW in Chicago last monday sold like 2000 tickets, but that was the 4th show in a row that weekend...
Old 12-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #2519

Finally confirmed for Vancouver a FOX Smackdown Live.
Feb 14 2020. Happy Valentines Day

Presale Code : HIVE
December 11 at 10AM presale till Dec 12 @10
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/wwe-...g_LMeXzuE.link
Old 12-08-2019, 12:57 AM   #2520
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Moxley vs Lance Archer for the US IWGP all but confirmed to be a texas deathmatch at Wrestle Kingdom awwwwyisssssss

Old 12-08-2019, 01:30 AM   #2521

Nope
Old 12-08-2019, 03:11 AM   #2522
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Nope
he gave Minoru a DDT at the end there as well
Old 12-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
he gave Minoru a DDT at the end there as well
Mox vs Suzuki, now there's something I'd be into!
Old 12-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #2524

Was touch to watch the TLC main event after Kairi Sane obviously got concussed partway through. She looked legit confused and scared as Charlotte "did her shit" despite being deadweighted. Especially after watching Dakota Kai damn near crack her skull open on an unnecessarily dangerous table spot on NXT last Wednesday.

Gained a lot of respect for Becky, who took over and called the rest of the match, and letting Asuka and the refs know what was going on.

However they should have immediately got Kairi out of there as soon as they knew something was wrong. Either call the damn match off, or at least get her out of the match. She has a history of concussions, and it was dangerous for her to continue doing spots in that state.

Kind of mixed feelings on that.

TLC was meh from what I saw. I skipped a lot of it, just due to lack of interest in many of the matches. Skipped the opening tag, not really into New Day. Buddy vs Alesiter was good. Black's new gear was weird though. Looked like he had a big shit stain going up his crack

Skipped OC vs Vikings. I like Vikings and liked OC, but they are just treading water. Such boring workers now. And yeah ended in a countout so I didn't miss much.

Skipped Roman vs Corbin. I'll skip any match with Corbin in it.

Miz vs Fiend was bad. I usually skip Miz ahead of anyone other than Shane McMahon, but I wanted to see where they are going with Fiend. Unfortunately, he needs a strong babyface to work with doing this thing (which, in itself is really cool). Miz is the weakest babyface possibly in the history of WWE, and likely the male worst worker they have on the roster, now that Great Khali is retired. His offense is just so fucking pathetically weak looking and flat. It was made even more evident when he's supposed to be insanely pissed off with this angle, and he had his "angry face" on the whole time, but his offense was still weak as fuck.

What's interesting is they had him do the "kicks in the corner, run to the other corner and finish with a devastating move" spot. His kicks were weak, he jogged slowly across the ring, plodding with heavy steps, barely bounced off the turn buckle, and gave that weak ass clothesline. It was really bad, but then Daniel Bryan goes and does basically the same thing after the match, and looked fucking AMAZING doing it. Fired up, crazy kicks, FLIES across the ring, LEAPS into the turnbuckles, comes out and STOMPS the fucker with a flying knee. Crowd goes INSANE and they are BOOING THE FIEND. The first babyface to get them to do that lol

Never before has the Miz looked so bad. They put him and DB back to back, their worst worker and one of their best . Miz should just retire after last night
Old 12-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #2525
i like gifs

The worst part about all of this was the fact that the refs didn’t seem like they had any idea wtf was going on.

Typical Charlotte being Charlotte. I hope she got an earful in the back afterwards.