REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:50 AM   #2601
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,209 Times in 2,287 Posts
https://www.njpw1972.com/72903

New Japan cancels everything in march.. so.. New Japan Cup to crown the no1 contendor to Naito's IWGP HW title is on hold
Advertisement
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #2602
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,014 Times in 8,292 Posts
All sports are going to be canceled in Japan, or at least no audience. Probably around the world as well
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #2603
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

gohome show for AEW leading to the PPV this weekend
Omega vs Pac ironman match was another one of those.. they gave that way free on tv matches
Great stuff between those two

I love the Jericho Moxley stuff, its so WCW hahaha
Old 02-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #2604

What a fucking match, that Ironman.. Just non stop brutal moves start to finish! Great selling, story telling. I think Pac ends up looking kind of screwed though, I wonder where they're going with him
Old 02-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #2605
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
WTF WWE!!!

Super Showdown.....

Spoiler!

Berz out.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #2606

^^ That's exactly what it is. They were going to do RR vs Fiend but Plans Change (and they might change again)

Funny because a few weeks ago Roman was already building hype for his match against Fiend

Also Cena was going to come back to face Corbin (yes...) but now it'll be Fiend

Bro if you skipped AEW to watch this Saudi show... You missed some great shit!
Old 02-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #2607
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

saw something earlier, i think it was macaulay culkin or something that said
WWE is all about building new superstars like Lesnar, Undertaker, Oldberg.. hha

Lesnar vs Ricochet went exactly as is... but usually, Lesnar makes the little guys look good like his match with Rey or Daniel Bryan.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #2608

I hope Ric gets paid a lot to be in WWE because he's throwing away the potential to be one of the best wrestlers in the world to do so.

Usually people who care more about money aren't as good as he is though, so I wonder...
Old 02-27-2020, 07:41 PM   #2609
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I hope Ric gets paid a lot to be in WWE because he's throwing away the potential to be one of the best wrestlers in the world to do so.

Usually people who care more about money aren't as good as he is though, so I wonder...
the dude has done it all.. Ricocchet faced off with the best in NJPW and ROH.. so if its new ppl to work with.. the WWE seems to be the only place left
Old 02-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #2610
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

just watched this promo. Should be a great tag match. Bucks gonna win this tho... but i thin the ultimate outcome of this is to give hangman the spotlight.

Im callin a Moxley victory over Jericho and i wouldn't be surprised if Hangman is gonna challenge Mox for that title
Old 02-27-2020, 11:31 PM   #2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
the dude has done it all.. Ricocchet faced off with the best in NJPW and ROH.. so if its new ppl to work with.. the WWE seems to be the only place left
I disagree. You're thinking more along the lines of Shinsuke, who actually was at the top for a while (though business wasn't as big back then). Ricochet wasn't at the top of NJPW. Not sure about his ROH career, but being on the top of ROH isn't really relevant anymore.

I doubt he cares about working 1 minute matches with dudes and being involved in squash matches the rest of the time. People who are GREAT at what they do generally want to continue to be great. One notable exception is Shinsuke, who is basically retired but WWE is willing to pay him so why not.

But again it's up to him. If he actually wants to do this with his career, go for it.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:03 AM   #2612

Quote:
just watched this promo. Should be a great tag match. Bucks gonna win this tho... but i thin the ultimate outcome of this is to give hangman the spotlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3U...ature=youtu.be

Im callin a Moxley victory over Jericho and i wouldn't be surprised if Hangman is gonna challenge Mox for that title
Tag match is main event for me. Bucks and Kenny are all masters at creating super long, super subtle storylines that pay off over time, but it's all basic wrestling storytelling.

You don't know where it's going to go, because both sides kind of have a point. Bucks are starting to come across as kind of jerks who are jealous that they aren't carrying the titles despite all the hype. But Hangman is kind of a jerk himself, drinking all the time and being antisocial. He quit the Elite before he even tagged with Kenny. Then you have Kenny stuck in the middle, just trying to do his best.

It's so basic, but so fucking good. And you know they will never do a screwjob finish. That's been the most important thing throughout AEW's short history. No fuck finishes, no screwjobs. With WWE you just know there's going to be some shitty interference or distractions, because they don't allow someone to win too much or lose too much. It's all 50/50 booking all around, so nobody looks really good. Then they get behind one guy for a couple weeks, the crowd doesn't buy into it immediately because they know Vince will give up on him, then Vince inevitable gives up on him. Entire storylines are ignored, and matches never really matter. Usually Wrestlemania is the exception, but even that's fucked up this year.
Old 02-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #2613

Well The Elite tag match lived up to its hype if not more! So much fucking drama I got goosebumps
Old 02-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #2614
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well The Elite tag match lived up to its hype if not more! So much fucking drama I got goosebumps
pure drama. These guys know how to tell a story. Just like the tag match 2years ago, with kenny, they delivered everything.

Overall show was stacked, everyone did their part and I enjoyed all of it.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #2615

Yup very very solid show. I did expect more heat for the Cody match, even though I didn't expect it to be the blowoff.

Mox's cut didn't look intentional and it kind of threw him off a bit... imagine wearing that patch and it's just filled with blood, and he was supposed to have a good eye!

Once again they just get all the little things right. I was laughing my ass off at times, like the OC match and Aubrey giving the Inner Circle the Girl Hebner boot And Ortiz takes a bump for it! Just so great
Old 02-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #2616

Have to say something about Cody's tattoo though... I don't know why it's so common now for someone's first legit tattoo to be a fucking neck tattoo. That thing would look FINE on his shoulder. But nope, there it is smack dab on his neck like a giant sticker. Looks fucking ridiculous and this is coming from someone with like 40+ hours of tattoos

I don't think people will be able to look at him the same anymore...
Old 03-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #2617
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

That tattoo is fucking horrible.

Do u think hangman doing the one winged angel will play into story line? This is the kind of story telling Kenny is known for. His finisher is probably the most protected move in all of pro wrestling
Old 03-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #2618

Quote:
That tattoo is fucking horrible.

Do u think hangman doing the one winged angel will play into story line? This is the kind of story telling Kenny is known for. His finisher is probably the most protected move in all of pro wrestling
The way I saw it, Hangman was telling Kenny we're cool, I got this. Because One Winged Angel has like a 99.99% finish rate (I think someone kicked out of it like 6 or 7 years ago).

But it was interrupted and he got the finish with his own move.

They are still keeping it open to many directions. The way I see it, Matt is turning heel, but not necessarily splitting up with his brother. More that he'll take Nick to "the dark side" and eventually Nick will get him back. They pretty much did that in a way throughout the entirety of this match.

God the more I think about it, the better that match actually was.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #2619
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
It's a cool tattoo but.... why the fuck put it on your neck.

I need to go watch that PPV sounds like I missed out.

How do you feel about Mox being champ? Did WWE really drop the ball with his character or is AEW hyping him for the wrong reasons? All I can think is "WWE flunky now AEW champ"

Berz out.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #2620

WWE completely dropped the ball. Mox is a totally different wrestler now. I had ZERO interest in Dean Ambrose and wasn't hyped at all when he joined AEW. But he has been really good ever since. His character is chaotic babyface. Not sure who you could even compare him to. Babyface Piper from mid 90's WCW maybe.

WWE is toxic for wrestlers right now. They make a lot of money, but nothing makes sense. Only a few tippy top guys get any thought put into their storylines. Brock, Orton... Actually, that's about it at the moment.

If you're interested in why it's so bad, you should check out his interview on Jericho's podcast.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #2621
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

AEW did the right thing not putting the AEW title around Moxley, Omega or even Hangman to begin with. Jericho was a great champion, passing it off to former WWE Champ Moxley only adds fame to the title, especially if AEW can give Moxley decent opponents.

The Kenny/Hangman Bucks thing is likely so the four of them can build a name for themselves with mainstream TV. A lot of people still do not know just how good these guys are. The TSN Documentary on Kenny Omega last year gives a great look into how Kenny approaches pro wrestling. I feel like the Bucks feel the same. It's also great how that documentary touches on Kenny vs Okada. That match at Dominion, Kenny vs Omega 3 was REALLY GOOD.

Then we got this comin out around the dirtsheets, Vince given up on Ricochet
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/03...cochet-in-wwe/

ricochet... yikes
Old 03-03-2020, 06:22 PM   #2622

Ricochet is legit one of the best workers in the world, I hope he is motivated enough to leave WWE when the time comes.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:45 AM   #2623
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

matt fucking hardy. the bucks make an appearance on matt's youtube channel..

even if matt doesnt show up on dynamite tonight, u have Lance Archer, potentially Colt Cabana and rumour has it Brodie Lee, AKA Luke Harper set to appear on the show...

All this right after a fantastic PPV... damn!
Old 03-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #2624

BUCKS OF YOUTH!

Matt is insane lol
Old 03-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #2625

JAKE THE SNAKE!!! One of my first huge favourites

Awesome promo after all these years

Edit: Calling it an awesome promo is underselling it.

Edit: Here's the promo!