REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:13 AM   #2526
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
the TLC main event had so much potential. I get accidents happen, that exploder on the barricade was pretty rough, looked like Kairi's head snapped.

Really big props to Becky, who has had her own concussion issues.
Kairi did appear on RAW, so its a good sign.
Advertisement
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:08 AM   #2527
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Match was pretty shit before the injury, IMO. Just a bunch of dumb spots that didn't make any sense in the context of a TLC match. Kairi getting hurt of course made it worse, but man that was a bit of a wreck.

Actually Kairi hasn't really been much good in these matches at all. She seems totally lost in this role. She heels it up good, but anything else, she's out of it. I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this (and I'm wearing my Kairi shirt as I write this lol so I'm a fan)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:29 AM   #2528

Highlight of the week, Orange Cassidy tags in on AEW Dark

Also check out the segments with Dasha Gonzalez.. omg
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #2529
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Match was pretty shit before the injury, IMO. Just a bunch of dumb spots that didn't make any sense in the context of a TLC match. Kairi getting hurt of course made it worse, but man that was a bit of a wreck.

Actually Kairi hasn't really been much good in these matches at all. She seems totally lost in this role. She heels it up good, but anything else, she's out of it. I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this (and I'm wearing my Kairi shirt as I write this lol so I'm a fan)
Watching Flair have complete disregard for her was sickening.

Berz out.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #2530

Even if Kairi wasn't hurt, how fucked up is it that she did that? I guess it's probably a super old school carny thing that is part of wrestling, but god it's lame.

This is the same person who beat the shit out of Ric Flair though, so maybe it's just built into her to by physically abusive I dunno
Old 12-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #2531

Hiromu is back! I got goosebumps watching this opening sequence

Old 12-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #2532
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

gonna spend the weekend watching road to tokyodome!
Hiromu vs Osprey is the match im really looking forward to come WK14
Old 12-20-2019, 04:22 AM   #2533

I don't understand why WK14 is $50 on Fite when you can get all of NJPW for a full month for $10

If it was high bitrate I might consider it, but AEW at least is pretty low quality on Fite. Their Youtube show is better than the one I pay for
Old 12-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #2534
Ricer Mod

Did you guys catch Billy Gun in the battle royale? He looked huge compared to all those guys! Still looks in amazing shape.

Berz out.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #2535

Billy has always been deceptively huge lol. They have some other big guys in Jack Hagar and Luchasaurus but yeah, wrestling rosters aren't as big as they used to be. I don't think it matters anymore, and now when someone is big, it's "their thing" rather than just "normal" like it was up until the 90's.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #2536
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

the steroids help him keep that look and physique haha
compared to Road Dogg haha..

Few weeks back, Hiroshi Tanahashi says if he beats Chris Jericho at Wrestle Kingdom, he's gonna challenge for the AEW title...

Jericho responded.. with a yes.. honestly, now i can just see Jericho winning haha.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #2537

If Tanahashi wins that has to mean NJPW and AEW are working together, right? If so, that's insane, and something nobody thought would happen for a very long time. They had a pretty bad falling out when the Bucks and Kenny left to start AEW.

If it's true, it would be pretty huge for both companies, especially AEW.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #2538
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

can't see Tanahashi winning this one, so I can't see the NJPW/AEW thing happening. Then again, it seems like the bucks and Kenny, like Jericho and Mox have a clause in their contracts allowing them to work with NJPW... as per this

Old 12-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #2539

Eric Bugenhagen with a handsfree 345 lbs safety bar lunge while playing the riff of Iron Maiden's The Trooper (I know Berz will appreciate this at least)

Dude also deadlifts like 700 lbs - 800 lbs depending on the variation (including 800 lbs Jefferson and 525 lbs Zercher squat)
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2019, 08:00 PM   #2540
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

thats really cool
Old 01-03-2020, 04:24 AM   #2541
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

some of the past names on this title. I'm assuming there's a few of these around. A name notably missing is Kenny Omega

This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2020, 07:00 AM   #2542
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

What a fucking spectacle. Wrestle Kingdom was great!
As expected, Hiromu and Osprey stole the night

Okada, Naito and Hiromu probably had the biggest pop of the night.
That Rainmaker entrance was lit! i need to see what it looked like on TV, seems like a lot of hologram stuff but hard to see from the angle where my seats were

Lookin forward to tomorrow

I got to hold both the IWGP and the IC title before the show. They are H E A V Y.. id say around 20lbs for the IWGP HW and a little less for the IC belt. There is some real weight to them!
Old 01-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #2543

Watching day 1 now so I can't ready any posts, but I just had to come in here and say OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT OSPREAY VS HIROMU MATCH WAS MAYBE THE BEST MATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!?????

OK back to the show
Old 01-05-2020, 01:20 AM   #2544

The end of the Okada/Ibushi match... I still have goosebumps. The crowd was going INSANE for like the last 10 minutes of that match.

The hologram entrance looked like it probably had some 3D effects that you could only see if you were there. On TV it just looked like a normal intro but the screen was in front of him instead of behind him. It's cool they did something special for the live crowd though, WWE kind of does it the opposite way with WM.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #2545
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

im compared my video to the entrance on TV, i didnt miss much, just a bit hard to see from where it was. It was really really cool tho!

Night 2.. started off slow, but everything picked up from Juice/Moxley onwards. Might I say... Skinny got what ya is interested in. I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN!. I just didn't expect it tonight, rather i expected confrontation of some sort for the Jan6th show with Mox and Suzuki. Which i have to say, doin the Kaze Ni Nare in the dome wiht im guessing 35k+ fans is amazing!

Naito is very fucking over and he REALLY DESERVES THIS. The entire arena was behind Naito and even BOO'd OKADA

Looks like NJPW about to give KENTA the push. Which makes me wonder what their plans with Jay White are in 2020.

NJPW announced this years G1, which is G1 30 will happen in the fall instead. Oct.16/17/18

Dominion is 6/14

I had a fucking blast.

Last edited by Tim Budong; 01-05-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2546
Ricer Mod

Lesnar to enter Royal Rumble as number 1 entrant. Should be awesome.

Skinny do you have a link to that match??

Berz out.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #2547

Paul Heyman did his "spoiler" gimmick, saying that Brock will eliminate everyone and win. He has never lied with this gimmick before. Actually this is what I said they should have done with Asuka last year, but Becky was their chosen one, and they wanted her to win both belts for WM, and now they have a lukewarm feud going instead of another potential WM main event.

You can get NJPW on ettv to. The Ospreay vs Hiromu match is day 1, also the main event to that night was maybe even better, depending on opinion. I preferred the Ospreay match simply because it literally had me yelling "WTF???" I haven't watched day 2 yet.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #2548
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Everything from Hiromu vs Osprey on wards was so good. The crowd was really really into it from this point onwards.

As for night 2, the main event... 2-3years of building up to the moment. I don't think Ibushi vs Omega in the same spot can top this Okada/Naito rivalry. Kenny Omega is still very much a big part of this NJPW main event scene. U hear it from everyone around you here. The people here still want Ibushi vs Omega at WK

This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2020, 11:48 PM   #2549

Sucks that I randomly got spoiled before watching the main. Unlike WWE events, you legit don't know which way these main matches will go, because it can make sense either way. But yeah, people have been waiting a long time for Naito to win it all. When I watched that show in Osaka, he was BY FAR the most over guy, and he had a short garbagy match with Jericho.

Thankfully the rest of the show hasn't been spoiled, so I can go back and watch the rest
Old 01-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #2550
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

more press..

https://nypost.com/2020/01/08/cody-r...r-to-new-japan

Quote:
Q: Forbidden portal, door, one of those two.

A: The forbidden door. It may be forbidden, but clearly the door is opening and closing and opening and closing. It’s public knowledge that some guys here, myself included, have exemptions to work New Japan Pro-Wrestling. But I know that New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s focus is New Japan and AEW’s focus is AEW.

So more likely what a partnership would look like is perhaps some sharing of talent, some shared creative, but we’re not going to do a Super Clash III where (Kerry) Von Erich and (Jerry) Lawler are fighting over the title (in 1988). Sorry, that’s a real specific angle I brought up. I’m always hesitant to combine banners versus just respecting each other’s banners. But I like how it’s referred to as the forbidden door. I don’t really think it’s forbidden at all.

Like I said, many people have the exemption to work there. They put on a great Wrestle Kingdom. They have some amazing talent, particularly Will Ospreay. He’s a top-five wrestler in the world right now. So, we’ll see where that goes. I know everyone pretty much feels the same about it.

Q: So you see it as, if anything did happen, it would be one person here or there coming across?

A: I think it’s something in the next year that we will hopefully all explore. We’ll explore on our end, they’ll explore on their end and we’ll see if it works.
Im guessing there may be something brewing..but if you think about it.. Omega going back really just inserts him back into the Main Event scene in NJPW.. he is still largely considered one of the greats over the last few years. Omega would just finish off what was planned for him?

What would be great is.. Kenny vs Osprey? avenge his Ibushi's loss from last year.. haha. but yea.. would like to see something happen between these 2 companies, but i can see the difficulties.. omega left them with a huge hole to fill and in ways, njpw had Ibushi and/or Jay White ready to take one of what is considered to be the 4 pillars of that company.