REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   2009 ICE604 thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571499-2009-ice604-thread.html)

FS1992EG 07-18-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6513543)
I had one of those guys two games ago but it was after he accidentally hit me in the face with his stick and I was dripping blood on the ice.

I also can't stand guys who can't skate and go down as soon as you play the body and you get called on it. It's happened to me a few times this season alone. Body contact is okay...

Yeah, that has happened to me every game I have played. I skate towards the puck and the other player goes for it as well and there's contact. He goes down, drops like a fly and I get a penalty.

Keroleen 07-19-2009 11:57 AM

in women's hockey the same thing happens and the refs told me because i am bigger than most women and also a better skater you should know how to avoid the noobs.
That is why a penalty is called..at least the explanation that i got

Alphamale 07-19-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6512069)
Are Sharks in Coast hockey now? Or did the team split up into differing teams & leagues?

Just for a season since it was so much more cheaper.

Never again. Poorly reffed games and people who play like douche bags. Maybe it's the fact it's mostly white guys or people from the outskirts of town, lulz.

ewong 07-19-2009 10:30 PM

Hey

just wanted to say good game to KBI, pretty fun game tonight.

Though I'm not looking for 2G1P next game. We're playing the Incredibles. Their top 3 forwards have 76 points combine in 11 games!

F3 07-19-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6514210)
Just for a season since it was so much more cheaper.

Never again. Poorly reffed games and people who play like douche bags. Maybe it's the fact it's mostly white guys or people from the outskirts of town, lulz.

What tier did you guys play in?
How does its skill level compare to the ice604 league?
Some friends and I are joining coast in the fall and we're not sure what tier to sign up for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6514802)
Hey

Though I'm not looking for 2G1P next game. We're playing the Incredibles. Their top 3 forwards have 76 points combine in 11 games!

Don't worry, those numbers are slightly inflated because of the 2 games they played against us. haha
But they do have a pretty good goalie.

ewong 07-19-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F3 (Post 6514847)
Don't worry, those numbers are slightly inflated because of the 2 games they played against us. haha
But they do have a pretty good goalie.

Sightly? I doubt that. I've played in the other game against Incredibles. Those three guys didn't give a damn bout going end to end and lighting it up. But meh, we might not have our regular goalie anyways, so they'll probably light it up against us.

Noir 07-20-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6514802)
Hey

Fun but it was a tough game for me personally. Your skill players carried the team well and I had a hard time matching it. Definitely coulda used Raybot out there.

Good win though. Congrats

RayBot 07-20-2009 08:14 AM

What?? Does that mean no more games against Ewong??

Damn...missed out on that. I had elbow pads that i wanted him to taste test.

Keroleen 07-20-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6515158)
What?? Does that mean no more games against Ewong??

Damn...missed out on that. I had elbow pads that i wanted him to taste test.

didnt help that the way Toshie rostered my team that half the guys took off in the third period! So we started with 15 ended up with like 10

ewong 07-20-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroleen (Post 6515242)
didnt help that the way Toshie rostered my team that half the guys took off in the third period! So we started with 15 ended up with like 10

Well I thought you guys did a good job making a comeback in the third. But yeah its all toshi fault.

SumAznGuy 07-21-2009 10:39 AM

Damn it. All this hockey talk and I can't play. Boooooo.....

It's a shame we only got to play the Incredibles once, and I was out of town. I want to see if I could shut down their top players.

SumAznGuy 07-21-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6513488)
it's just REC HOCKEY and I know better.

It's douche bags who try to start shit who shouldn't be playing. If you're going to do stupid shit, man up to it and don't run away and hide (similar to the situation SumAznGuy referred to.)

:thumbsup:

ewong 07-21-2009 09:59 PM

Woooooo.......... We just got blown out by Incredibles 15 - 0. Made what happened to Mad Gorillas seem like nothing. Btw 77 was so damn proud bout beating us. Offered one team mate a bj

mickz 07-21-2009 10:04 PM

Why don't they get moved up? My team kept winning but not by big margins like that and we still got moved up two tiers.

ewong 07-21-2009 10:54 PM

Its cuz they keep giving herb bjs. Seriously when I was on the Hodags we got bumped up with two games left in the season. So did Goombas.

I don't get the ideology for herb to keep them in tier 9. Where's the challenge for these guys? Like any other night against any other team its challenging. Playing against Incredibles, its like just trying to keep up and not get beat up too badly.

But yeah, other than 77 and a couple of assholes on that team the rest of the team are ok guys. 77 should join Blitz, he'd fit well on that team, they take beer league hockey way too seriously.

Oh wells, we already wrote this game off before it began. Should of saved gas and not drove all the way to North Van.

Noir 07-21-2009 11:26 PM

^^^ I hear ya. They've solidly held #1 for the division for the season, and have solidly have 3 of their players out of top 5 on division scoring.

ewong 07-21-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6517416)
^^^ I hear ya. They've solidly held #1 for the division for the season, and have solidly have 3 of their players out of top 5 on division scoring.

i dunno man. Herb either needs to bump this team up and fix it. Or if our team makes it to top 4, then we shouldn't even bother showing up to playoffs. We're wasting money and time trying to play against these guys.

mickz 07-22-2009 05:08 AM

You guys should just use ringers if you end up playing them again in the playoffs.

ewong 07-22-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6517611)
You guys should just use ringers if you end up playing them again in the playoffs.

I guess we could always put jase back in goal and put commissioner Chong as dman

Keroleen 07-22-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6517376)
Its cuz they keep giving herb bjs. Seriously when I was on the Hodags we got bumped up with two games left in the season. So did Goombas.

I don't get the ideology for herb to keep them in tier 9. Where's the challenge for these guys? Like any other night against any other team its challenging. Playing against Incredibles, its like just trying to keep up and not get beat up too badly.

But yeah, other than 77 and a couple of assholes on that team the rest of the team are ok guys. 77 should join Blitz, he'd fit well on that team, they take beer league hockey way too seriously.

Oh wells, we already wrote this game off before it began. Should of saved gas and not drove all the way to North Van.

Why certain teams are not bumped up or down and staying in a division they dont belong a lot has to do with a 'business decision'. At the captain's meeting the commissioner promised a 8 team division. Unfortunately due to poor planning or the way things worked out a lot of teams got bumped down to 9 that didnt expect to ...ie BSB, AVA are two prime examples.
At the same time, teams like INC could be wayyy too good for T9 but they gonna get their asses kicked up in T8...its a no win situation. Some teams basically are threatening the league they will leave the league if they dont bump a certain team out. But again its a business and its better to lose one team than to lose two (this is the situation with the MTB).

As for the INC, funny thing was in exhibition and first half of the season , they were so so weak of a team.

Noir 07-22-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroleen (Post 6517713)
As for the INC, funny thing was in exhibition and first half of the season , they were so so weak of a team.

Sandbagging ;) j/k.

RayBot 07-22-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6517416)

Hmmm....under calibrating?? Sounds kinda....well, sad.

SumAznGuy 07-22-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6517725)
Sandbagging ;) j/k.

I watched the first few minutes of their game vs BSB a few weeks back and I was thinking to myself that they do look like a weak team.

Someone posted on the Ice604 forums about them but Herb has a point. They are winning most of their games by only a few goals. So what gives. Are they that good or are we that bad?

Noir 07-22-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6517897)
I watched the first few minutes of their game vs BSB a few weeks back and I was thinking to myself that they do look like a weak team.

Someone posted on the Ice604 forums about them but Herb has a point. They are winning most of their games by only a few goals. So what gives. Are they that good or are we that bad?

They're alright. They're good but they're shut-downable... by 3 out of our 4 defensemans.

The problem is, they have the skill to capitalize on that 1 weak defenseman, almost EVERYTIME. And since we usually play with 2 defensive lines, that means they have opportunities to capitalize for half the game.

ewong 07-22-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6517967)
They're alright. They're good but they're shut-downable... by 3 out of our 4 defensemans.

The problem is, they have the skill to capitalize on that 1 weak defenseman, almost EVERYTIME. And since we usually play with 2 defensive lines, that means they have opportunities to capitalize for half the game.

Yeah a good team with good defense core could shut them down, problem is. How many tier 9 teams have that type of defense core? Probably could, but it means you are putting all ur skill on defense and have the less skilled guys on offense.

Seriously, it's a no win situation for whoever is in 4th in tier 9. Our team doesn't have enough skilled guys to spread to keep them at bay and have strong offense. KBI has more size, which could work for them against this team.

Who knows maybe herb will restrict who can play in the playoffs, like that one year on the Hodags when we had Aaron and Justin and we could only use one of the two