REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   2009 ICE604 thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571499-2009-ice604-thread.html)

RayBot 07-27-2009 09:40 AM

Yeah....he gave that FAT 55 guy a penalty for high sticking too.

SumAznGuy 07-27-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6523669)
Yeah....he gave that FAT 55 guy a penalty for high sticking too.

Phantom call, never happened. Retard in the green jersey was lucky he wasn't flattened skating up the ice with his head down. That was your one freebie. Next time say hi to the shoulder pads. ;)

RayBot 07-27-2009 01:06 PM

I skated with my head down cuz my linemates tend to pass behind me as of ahead of me. I got no problem falling down though....i have a tendency of getting back up. Better than going -1 on the same shift.

SumAznGuy 07-27-2009 01:40 PM

I may have gone -1 on that shift, but I still ended the game +1, assuming they recorded the assists right. :eek:

Now where is Noir, haven't seen him posting here. Would have expected him to be comparing penis sizes with someone on RS by now.

suprasian 07-27-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 6521890)

Nice, what team are you gonna be on? Your team will start Div10 for tiering and then you will be placed in the appropiate div. Last yr we got dropped to the lowest Div15(i think) sucked and then pulled it together going into the playoffs and went all the way. I think we may go up 1 div this yr.

we're a new team. its actually my roller hockey team from last year that converted to ice. the no limit soldiers
we would have loved to been able to play in ashl but it filled up

RayBot 07-27-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6523915)
I may have gone -1 on that shift, but I still ended the game +1, assuming they recorded the assists right. :eek:

Now where is Noir, haven't seen him posting here. Would have expected him to be comparing penis sizes with someone on RS by now.

Unfortunately i received a message saying that he suffered a broken wrist while masturbating. So, I guess the only thing to do is wish him a speedy recovery, and hope for the best.

RayBot 07-27-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6523915)

Unfortunately, i received a message that he suffered a broken wrist while masturbating on friday night. So, the only thing to do is wish him the best, and hope for a speedy recovery!! :)

6thGear. 07-27-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishkabobo (Post 6523492)
so anyone on KBI and AVA give Steve Darling (Anchor on Global BC) a hard time as ref today?

Haha..he refs? Doesn't he have to get up early in the morning to do the news? I watch his newscast in the morning while eating breakfast and he seems so chipper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprasian (Post 6524033)
we're a new team. its actually my roller hockey team from last year that converted to ice. the no limit soldiers
we would have loved to been able to play in ashl but it filled up

Nice. Yeah, ashl and ice604 filled up fast. My team is Fighting Hellfish.

SumAznGuy 07-27-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 6524180)

Is there a couple of guys on your team that work at the Superstore warehouse?

SumAznGuy 07-27-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6524103)
Unfortunately i received a message saying that he suffered a broken wrist while masturbating. So, I guess the only thing to do is wish him a speedy recovery, and hope for the best.

I hope that wasn't him who was jerking off to images of porkchops in front of Waves coffee the other night. He made Pandalove make fudge in his pants in front of his GF.

6thGear. 07-27-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6524424)
Is there a couple of guys on your team that work at the Superstore warehouse?

My cousin asked me to play, so I don't really know them too well. What are their names?

mickz 07-27-2009 09:03 PM

Anybody play Sunday Night at 8 Rinks in the shitty conditions they had there? The ice was too soft as well as my visor and the glass were fogging up like crazy.

RiceIntegraRS 07-28-2009 05:19 PM

i played sunday, afternoon, the ice wasnt that bad but my visor did fog up rather easily

ewong 07-28-2009 05:22 PM

i played sunday at blue A and my visor was fogging up pretty bad as well.

shishkabobo 07-29-2009 02:59 AM

i would get use to it for the next little bit. CanLan is currently preparing all the rinks for the fire and police games and that means they are dropping the temperature by 3 degrees to fix up the ice to their standards.

on the brightside, Green B's benches no longer is slanted and the B side rinks are no longer slippery and wet behind the nets.

Keroleen 07-29-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 6524180)
Haha..he refs? Doesn't he have to get up early in the morning to do the news? I watch his newscast in the morning while eating breakfast and he seems so chipper.

a lil short for the game tonight i hear :P

Keroleen 07-29-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6524106)
Unfortunately, i received a message that he suffered a broken wrist while masturbating on friday night. So, the only thing to do is wish him the best, and hope for a speedy recovery!! :)

I just heard from him..and its unlikely we'll see him on the ice until at least the new year

6thGear. 07-29-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroleen (Post 6527002)
a lil short for the game tonight i hear :P

Eh? What game? Doesn't really matter anyway, I sprained my MCL on my left knee, so no hockey for at least 2 weeks for me.

RiceIntegraRS 07-29-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 6527140)
Eh? What game? Doesn't really matter anyway, I sprained my MCL on my left knee, so no hockey for at least 2 weeks for me.

i had the exact same injury 5 weeks ago, im still not 100%

6thGear. 07-29-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 6527153)
i had the exact same injury 5 weeks ago, im still not 100%

Hm..I was told by 2 different doctors that it would be a max of 2 weeks. Not severe as when I did a partial tear on my right ACL last year. My knee didn't swell up much and wasn't filled with fluid. How's yours?

RiceIntegraRS 07-29-2009 09:10 PM

Maybe urs wasnt as severe as mine. But i also went to 2 doctors, the first said it would last maybe a week 2 at most. the 2nd doctor said it would be 2 weeks max. Then i went to Physio and he said i had to rehab it and it may take alot longer possibly 2 months+ playing the way i play. Cause the next day after the knee on knee i could barely walk. But mine didnt swell either and didnt fill with fluid. After week 2 i went back to play 3 games in 4 days and i was limping again. I can play with no pain but i still cant bend it all the way and i cant squat either. And i also got bursitis in my elbow by slamming into the boards and i twisted my ankle getting tripped. So im playing with 3 injuries right now

6thGear. 07-29-2009 09:38 PM

Ah. For me I have the full range from straightening to full sqaut, but it hurts doing so and I would have to do it slowly. I limp while walking and right now, my left calf is also hurting (like strain or a minor pull). Not too sure, but I may have injured my calf on the same play. I injured it last Thursday and today I'm not limping as much and I can apply some pressure to my left leg. I can walk up the stairs now without holding onto the railing and just tonight I was able to walk down the stairs normally, without holding onto the rails, albeit slowly though.

Some of my friends are already calling me "Sami Salo". Just cause I play defense and I seemed to be getting injured quite a bit for the past year.
This year, I sprained my left thumb when I lowsided my bike at the track and I bruised my left ankle from blocking a slapshot at point blank. I also bruised my right hand when some guy decided to rock me behind my own net.

So your able to play right now? I can't.

RiceIntegraRS 07-29-2009 09:53 PM

oh i think urs will probably heal faster cause i couldnt full squat for 3 weeks, i still can barely do it. They called me the glass man. I can play but it just slows the healing process plus when im playing i forget about the pain.

So far in Ice 5GP 10G 1A
Roller 2GP 5G 3A

Holy crap i just looked at the Tier 9 standings, how the hell did Incredibles not get Tiered up? I guess the whole team bought into the concept of sandbagging in the beginning of the season

Keroleen 07-30-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 6527140)

ONLY 2 weeks?? lucky you...i was out for 6 months the past winter :(

Keroleen 07-30-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 6527544)
oh i think urs will probably heal faster cause i couldnt full squat for 3 weeks, i still can barely do it. They called me the glass man. I can play but it just slows the healing process plus when im playing i forget about the pain.

So far in Ice 5GP 10G 1A
Roller 2GP 5G 3A

Holy crap i just looked at the Tier 9 standings, how the hell did Incredibles not get Tiered up? I guess the whole team bought into the concept of sandbagging in the beginning of the season

dont complain about INC...you guys not hte ones having to face them in the play offs :(
but i have to agree i watched them in exhibition and then the past few games watching/coaching the teams...its a differnet team...they pass very well..and not a single player was considering a newbie skater.
Almost every other team in Tier9 is questioning about INC in the tier..even up in 8 they prolly will do fairly well