REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   2009 ICE604 thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571499-2009-ice604-thread.html)

mickz 07-22-2009 03:04 PM

Herb is a pushover. We had an off-ice altercation at one of our games this season. I got a one game suspension, my teammate got five games and the guy on the other team was supposed to be gone for the season. He ends up only getting six and on their team's game sheets he played before he was supposed to be eligible to return.

raygunpk 07-22-2009 05:41 PM

Looking for a player in this upcoming season that can play D, intermediate level. Anybody interested?

F3 07-23-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroleen (Post 6517713)
Why certain teams are not bumped up or down and staying in a division they dont belong a lot has to do with a 'business decision'. At the captain's meeting the commissioner promised a 8 team division. Unfortunately due to poor planning or the way things worked out a lot of teams got bumped down to 9 that didnt expect to ...ie BSB, AVA are two prime examples.
At the same time, teams like INC could be wayyy too good for T9 but they gonna get their asses kicked up in T8...its a no win situation. Some teams basically are threatening the league they will leave the league if they dont bump a certain team out. But again its a business and its better to lose one team than to lose two (this is the situation with the MTB).

As for the INC, funny thing was in exhibition and first half of the season , they were so so weak of a team.

I seriously doubt they would be worse than the worst team in tier 8. There isn't THAT big of a skill difference from 8 to 9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6518070)
Yeah a good team with good defense core could shut them down, problem is. How many tier 9 teams have that type of defense core? Probably could, but it means you are putting all ur skill on defense and have the less skilled guys on offense.

Seriously, it's a no win situation for whoever is in 4th in tier 9. Our team doesn't have enough skilled guys to spread to keep them at bay and have strong offense. KBI has more size, which could work for them against this team.

Just sandbag the rest of the season to make sure you finish no higher than 5th. ;)

SumAznGuy 07-23-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F3 (Post 6518777)
I seriously doubt they would be worse than the worst team in tier 8. There isn't THAT big of a skill difference from 8 to 9.

Just sandbag the rest of the season to make sure you finish no higher than 5th. ;)

I would think they would fair pretty well in div 8. But who from div 8 would move down to 9?

Finishing 4th or 5th would make no difference. Winning their first round would put them up against INC in the second round, assuming INC doesn't lose to Mad gorillas. :eek:

RayBot 07-23-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6517897)
I watched the first few minutes of their game vs BSB a few weeks back and I was thinking to myself that they do look like a weak team.

Someone posted on the Ice604 forums about them but Herb has a point. They are winning most of their games by only a few goals. So what gives. Are they that good or are we that bad?

I was just looking through my team's schedule, and i noticed something.....

Herb's point is FALSE. Prior to re-tiering, the INC team's first 3 wins were 7-1, 5-2, 11-3.

How does that justify a business decision based on winning by only a few goals? Like really...i don't give a shit about this division, and as a matter of fact, the league. I'm playing as a part timer because im happy to be playing hockey after injury, and just to check the league out. Regardless, i will always be a fan of good quality hockey, whether its in the highest or lowest tiers, and frankly, nothing is impressing me.

F3 07-23-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6518884)
I would think they would fair pretty well in div 8. But who from div 8 would move down to 9?

Finishing 4th or 5th would make no difference. Winning their first round would put them up against INC in the second round, assuming INC doesn't lose to Mad gorillas. :eek:

Since there's 10 teams in tier 9 the top 4 teams will play each other in the playoffs and the bottom 6 teams will play each other in a separate playoffs. Therefore the team that finishes in 4th will have to play the 3 best teams in the division, while finishing 5th will allow you to play against the bottom teams in the tier. At least this is how i've been told the playoffs will work.

SumAznGuy 07-23-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F3 (Post 6518952)
Since there's 10 teams in tier 9 the top 4 teams will play each other in the playoffs and the bottom 6 teams will play each other in a separate playoffs. Therefore the team that finishes in 4th will have to play the 3 best teams in the division, while finishing 5th will allow you to play against the bottom teams in the tier. At least this is how i've been told the playoffs will work.

Not too sure about Div 9, but that was how they planned on setting up Div 1-2.

Top 4 teams battle for Div 1 superseries and the bottom 6 battle for Div 2.

Actually, that is a very good question. :confused:

*** Edit***

Looks like F3 is correct. The top 4 teams are going to play in a Memorial cup style tournament to fight for the championship.

ewong 07-23-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F3 (Post 6518777)

I'm sure KBI has the same idea as us too. No one really wants to be 4th right now.

Keroleen 07-23-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6519527)
I'm sure KBI has the same idea as us too. No one really wants to be 4th right now.

RAybot and Noir and rest of the Unbeetables boys better come out last few games to win some games :P

raygunpk 07-23-2009 06:30 PM

Why is Noir in the bottom tiers? He's the fastest kid alive.

Keroleen 07-23-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygunpk (Post 6519715)
Why is Noir in the bottom tiers? He's the fastest kid alive.

cuz he's too predictable....hahaa

raygunpk 07-23-2009 08:50 PM

LOL what's his signature move?

ewong 07-23-2009 09:08 PM

Cut in through the dmen and go for the forehand, backhand deke on the goalie

SumAznGuy 07-24-2009 07:37 AM

Pass the puck damn it!!!!!! ;)

RayBot 07-24-2009 08:11 AM

Oh you.....Noir is a fine passer. I dunno what the hell he does in AVA....maybe he has nobody really to pass to ;)

Wormiez 07-24-2009 08:44 AM

Hey guys

Looking to complete my teams roster for the Coast (Richmond) winter season. Looking for a pair of skilled D and 2 Forwards. Competitive well managed team. We are a high caliber team planning to win our Tier. We have 3-5 practices/scrimmage planned before the season starts. If you are interested email me AntChow@gmail.com

Skill Level - Intermediate
Arena: Richmond Ice Arena

RayBot 07-24-2009 01:18 PM

There you go....COAST!!! Now theres a decent run hockey league.....I've always enjoyed playing coast; sure they have issues, but its more bang for buck for me....

suprasian 07-24-2009 01:59 PM

yea im hearing bad things about coast, mainly the reffing but my team is joining it for our 1st year. can anyone compare the competition to ashl? we're starting in the lowest tier but will probably be bumped up

SumAznGuy 07-25-2009 07:10 AM

If anyone is curious, here is the playoff schedule for this summer.

http://www.ice604.com/playoffs_schedule.htm

Personally, I LOVE the 2 week break between games 2 and 3 for the top 4 teams in div 9. :mad:

raygunpk 07-25-2009 02:00 PM

I've heard Coast is a terrible league.

6thGear. 07-25-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygunpk (Post 6518218)
Looking for a player in this upcoming season that can play D, intermediate level. Anybody interested?

Looking FT or PT or sub?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprasian (Post 6520823)
yea im hearing bad things about coast, mainly the reffing but my team is joining it for our 1st year. can anyone compare the competition to ashl? we're starting in the lowest tier but will probably be bumped up

Nice, what team are you gonna be on? Your team will start Div10 for tiering and then you will be placed in the appropiate div. Last yr we got dropped to the lowest Div15(i think) sucked and then pulled it together going into the playoffs and went all the way. I think we may go up 1 div this yr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygunpk (Post 6521830)

It's ok. It won't compare to ASHL but the level of play is decent. It is more physical than ice604, that's for sure.

Wormiez 07-25-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygunpk (Post 6521830)

Not the greatest league but they offer a full season. With the Olympics coming into town, a few leagues in Vancouver have cut their seasons in half.

shishkabobo 07-27-2009 02:15 AM

so anyone on KBI and AVA give Steve Darling (Anchor on Global BC) a hard time as ref today?

RayBot 07-27-2009 09:08 AM

I was wondering why the ref was super friendly.

SumAznGuy 07-27-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishkabobo (Post 6523492)
so anyone on KBI and AVA give Steve Darling (Anchor on Global BC) a hard time as ref today?

I did, after the game. I told him he should be on TV, and he gives me a pat on the back. :thumbsup: