REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #26
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
It took me a year or two before I found the right level of alcohol intake. These days, my tolerance is pretty high, compared to before, and I can usually keep drinking throughout the night and maintain a good level of drunkeness.

I prefer smoking weed over drinking alcohol, though. I don't need to take precautions before I sleep to avoid waking up with a hangover. I'm a happy drunk, though. I may get loud, but typically i just mellow out on the buzz.
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

drinking gives people something to talk about afterward and it definitely help relieve stress!
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

More like what's so fucking fun about being sober?
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I think the problem is when people are pounding it back to fast they'll hit that good level of buzz and then pass it and keep on going before even realizing it. If your not chugging back drinks and shooters and pacing yourself you should be alright.

I don't drink to get drunk, haven't been drunk in probably 8 years. I'll have 2-4 drinks over a bunch of time but I don't sit there shotgunning beers or slamming shooters. I don't like hangovers and I don't like puking from alcohol consumption I'd much rather just chill and let everyone else act like an idiot. That's not to say I've never got stupid drunk before but I can't see it happening ever again it's pointless. I have buddies that drink until they pass out almost every Sunday during NFL season, not my idea of fun but whatever floats your boat.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #30
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
i've heard this before.
why?
I would think it would have something to do with carbonation. Also, liquors are typically "cleaner" than beers because of the additives.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
guys get drunk because it's hilarious to watch your friends to stupid things..

girls get drunk because they think it's more socially acceptable at clubs.
IMO and in my experiences from friends/girlfriends etc. girls drink because they get to act stupid and have the excuse of alcohol to rub off what they do.

ie. my girlfriend ALWAYS drinks at the club because if she doesn't, she won't have a good time. yes, this sounds stupid but some people need alcohol to have a good time...

and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJKRvgWTwA
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Drinking impairs your judgment
Impaired judgment results in more drinking

Its circular.

Some of us have learned how to break the circle.
Some of us are shy and need our judgment impaired to let loose.
Some of us want to forget life, alcohol is a depressant, not a stimulant.
Some of us are just idiots.

You can ask why a million times, you'll get a million different answers.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #33
Hopeless Romantic

I'm only 18, but it's so common nowadays.. I've never been much into the hype.

I mean, i've been to several house parties and it's always a similar scene, but I only drink casually... i've never really felt the need to get smashed... but to each their own haha.

Plus it does provide a good laugh seeing your buddies doing some retarted shit
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Wow. The responses in this thread make me feel old.

Does anyone here drink beer for the taste? Or to relax?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #35
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZmDWltBziM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqq5fcPYrLs

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Last edited by Gh0stRider; 04-09-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #36
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
OP: how old are you and your friends? you sound really young if you're friends cant even control their drinking and puke every time they get drunk. its all about finding your limit and learning control. if i do get drunk enough to puke, i always know that im getting to that point where i need to find a bathroom quick! either that or a bush somewhere lol. i've never puked in someones house (except toilet) or in someones car EVER... and im drunk almost every weekend. like absolutely smashed.

also, i sort of agree with weed not being a party drug. people blaze at parties and thats fine, but without liquor? you'll probably get high and have fun for an hour or two then tire out and get on couchlock and fall asleep. i know liquor is a depressant and so is weed, but liquor makes you more excited and energetic in a way. since i stopped blazing i noticed i never fall asleep in random places anymore lol. used to always wake up on my couch or in someone elses house wondering where everyone went after passing out for a few hours.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Does anyone here drink beer for the taste? Or to relax?

After sneaking into Arts County Fair with a fake ID when I was 17 I couldn't drink beer for a long time. I still can't drink Granville Island beer as a result.

I decided that if I was going to learn to like beer I was going to start with the worst of the worst. If I could learn to tolerate the swill, the bottom of the barrel slime, the garbage of beer I could learn to love higher quality stuff.

I began drinking malt liquor. Colt .45, Olde English, Bull Max. Then I moved onto bottom shelf beers like Ironhorse and Wildcat. By the time I had moved my way up beers like Lucky, Bud, and Canadian went down like water.

I've been privileged enough to drink beer in pubs in Ireland, England, Scotland, Austria, and Germany. From ice cold to room temperature, lagers to cloudy wheats theres very few beers I don't like.

Its about building up your tolerance to the taste. Beer can be bitter and it can be heavy. If you want to enjoy the taste try this:

- Drink it ice cold. Warm beer leaves a manky taste in your mouth. Having it frosty makes it easier to take.

- Glass, not cans. Buying bottles may cost more but they (to me at least) taste better.

- Let it breathe. Yea, I know. This is wine advice but anything carbonated can stand to flatten for a short while. I even do this with coke and pepsi. It makes it easier to drink.

- That goo at the bottom of the bottle, glass, or can is a mix of sediment, saliva, and leftover beer and you've got nothing to prove by drinking it. Let that last centimeter go, man. Its gone.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #38
RS controls my life!

some people just lose self-control after a few drinks
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
also, i much rather get high then drink.
if weed were legal, im sure more parties would be all about blazing, not drinking.
amen to that!
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #40
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
People drink to lose their inhibitions and use it as an excuse to act outside of their social norm.
ding ding ding!

although some people like myself dont change completely like others when they drink, my personality might become exagerated but im not a totally different person

if you/your friends get into drinking on a regular basis it will pretty much be a continuous cycle of drinking/puking/hang overs

im 23 and now my hang overs are worse then ever, last weekend i went to joeys then foggy dew for a little impromptu b-day party and i cant remember leaving, i had a fucking hang over for the next TWO days.. uhg..

drinking isnt even about getting "drunk" it's more about the drinking lol
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #41

not everyone is a puker either. i can count the number of times of puked on one hand. thats not necessarily better though. there are days you just wish you could get it out of your system.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
im 23 and now my hang overs are worse then ever, last weekend i went to joeys then foggy dew for a little impromptu b-day party and i cant remember leaving, i had a fucking hang over for the next TWO days.. uhg..

i agree. like smoking weed its a social thing. my question for you is, did you drive after the dew?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
did you drive after the dew?

[youtube]O7BzMZYXB8M[/youtube]
Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #44
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
I don't know after trying both I can totally see the point of weed but not the point of beer.

in a social situation drinking beer may or may not become a bit of a social self-control competition and that means a bit of stress.....oh shit how guy A can drink more than I can, oh shit last time I got drunk I puked all over this girl B's house, oh shit I have to pay for taxi tonight....oh shit.

And you can't drive after getting drunk, so much trouble.

Weed, everyone loves you after you tap that a few times, man. And you get to see unicorns. With beer you only wake up with Integra girl next morning.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #45
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
i agree. like smoking weed its a social thing. my question for you is, did you drive after the dew?
Hella!

nahhhtt
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

I've had my nights where i'll go crazy overboard, and maybe sometimes it's almost expected. One thing I remember is just to chill, i'll have beers, never puked on just beers. When hard liquor AFTER beers gets involved... or multiple drinking sessions in one night... it's gonna be painful the next day, or in my case, in the ER that night/morning :P
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #47
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
ding ding ding!

although some people like myself dont change completely like others when they drink, my personality might become exagerated but im not a totally different person

if you/your friends get into drinking on a regular basis it will pretty much be a continuous cycle of drinking/puking/hang overs

I dont get a hangover anymore. I might be tired the next day but I dont actually feel sick or have a headache.
It doesnt help that at least once a week I go out with my buddies who all work in the industry. Its pretty much just a constant stream of shots and drinks all night..
Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #48
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
And DO NOT.
Do multiple keg stands and pop. You will wander the halls of a UVic dorm, and leave piles of puke, and undigested E in front of random people's room.
LOL was that when you were here back in what, 07?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #49
Banned By Establishment

I find if i'm ever really hungover or anything, just takin it easy, smokes, and water helps.

But I've never had the hangover so bad i couldn't go to work or anything..
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandalove View Post
ya.. i wonder too....
i guess its to get high and carefree...
but i never like to drink neways ... usually just for socializing ..to be honest i rather drink pop then beer
nasty. pop is disgusting