REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #76
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Booze can turn a 6 into an 8. Enough said.
Advertisement
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #77
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
i use to be like the OP then i relized i wasn't gay.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #78
Banned (ABWS)

people who get wasted is just looking for an excuse to act crazy or do something they would never do when they're sober. I've seen it before, they just blame it on the alcohol.

what a bunch of fucking idiots
hung_low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #79
Banned By Establishment

I find people use drinking as a way to justify there disgusting actions, but at the same time funny thing happen when your drunk.

people loosen up. for example... I did a 2 day boat tour of halong bay in vietnam. We had this crazy fucking norwegian guy on the boat with us. He got pretty hammered and started saying the craziest shit. Then he threw a lawn deck off the boat. And then one of those ladies on a boat that comes around to sell you beer or cookies or chips (hello you buy!!!!) tries to sell us stuff, he yells "I'm COMING DOWN!!!!!!" soaking her product. (pretty big douchbag move) but what ensued after was the funniest 10 seconds of my life. He surfaces and get a swift padel to the head. and was hit 5 more times in the back. I have never laughed so hard in my life.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #80
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung_low View Post
people who get wasted is just looking for an excuse to act crazy or do something they would never do when they're sober. I've seen it before, they just blame it on the alcohol.

what a bunch of fucking idiots
most people don't blame it on the alcohol, they thank the alcohol.

Seriously some people are way to uptight and alcohol helps them have a good night. But it causes most North Americans that are douchebags to fight, and now I relize why so many foreigners hate clubbing in vancouver... seriously in asia it seems like everyone gets along.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #81
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
GRANVILLE ISLAND WNTER ALE IS EPIC
i didnt like it at all. i drank one, it was strange but i finished it. couldnt finish my 2nd one
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #82
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

If you do drink, even a little, don't ever drink and drive...
Many of my friends did and they been in accidents , some have been hurt , some haven't.
One guy I know, totaled his 25k car.. TSKTSK.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #83
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
^ he got off lucky. I know a few people who were killed due to drinking and driving, unfortunately it's rarely the drunk driver.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #84
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
we just had one customer rent a car, and ends up it was impounded and towed back to us.

turns out he was drinking and driving.

but HE was rear ended lol. still ended up with DUI, not sure how ICBC insurance will deal with it though. would it be the DUI driver or the guy that rear ended him?
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #85
Banned (ABWS)

drinking and driving is never cool
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #86
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
People drink to lose their inhibitions and use it as an excuse to act outside of their social norm.

I barely ever drink, when I do its just a couple of drinks and I'm done whether I'm buzzed or not. I just dont see the point of it but I have tons of friends who wanna get drunk every weekend

Yes drinking and driving is bad. I'm usually the DD, I don't mind it though
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #87
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I drink because I actually like the taste of a Miller's gin on the rocks or a Bombay tonic and I go out socially with friends pretty much 5 or 6 days a week and we always end up at a club or lounge, so alcohol has pretty much become a part of my weekly diet. My tolerence is pretty freaky, just on Friday me and a buddy finished a 40 of vodka in 2 hours just chilling and then we proceeded to hit Kobe, Replubic, Aubar & Gossip for more drinks, no retarded drunkeness, puking or hangover. I think I might have issues lol
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #88
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i drink for the taste, not for the "buzz" that ppl say they like.

my pet peeve are ppl that drink so much they get drunk, but just assume they will be taken care of by others in that state. zero responsbility. call it being a control freak, but i cant and wont let myself go to that point. why be a burden on friends.

ive drank some alcohol before that didnt settle too well with my stomach, but have never drank to the point of no control, and unawareness of my surroundings, aka being drunk. i just personally find it stupid. however, it is sometimes entertaining watching other ppl do it, then you can film it, record it, and play it back on one of their festive occassionals. =)

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #89
Need to Seek Professional Help

I don't know if its been said before. But drinking is a social thing, it brings people together.

It's also the easiest way to meet woman, not because you're completely smashed, but because the social aspect of alcohol like the bars.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #90
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I drink because I actually like the taste of a Miller's gin on the rocks or a Bombay tonic and I go out socially with friends pretty much 5 or 6 days a week and we always end up at a club or lounge, so alcohol has pretty much become a part of my weekly diet. My tolerence is pretty freaky, just on Friday me and a buddy finished a 40 of vodka in 2 hours just chilling and then we proceeded to hit Kobe, Replubic, Aubar & Gossip for more drinks, no retarded drunkeness, puking or hangover. I think I might have issues lol
haha I think thats normal for you bro try finishing two 40's and let us know what happens then
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #91
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
i drink crown cause i love the taste...but after a few glasses the taste goes away and i just keep drinking...makes it 10x more fun if theres women involved
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #92
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Holy cow I don't know how I got into this page! But I would like to say something about WHY I drink! Drinking used to be a very special thing to do with my best friend. We started with the 2Litre Okanagan peach flavoured coolers which is 7%. It used to be just one of those would give us a really big buzz. After 10 years now, we don't drink that sweet stuff anymore but we're both okay with a litre of red wine each and it wouldn't be enough if we're having a good time. Drinking brings me back to that time when I was young and careless. Not to mention all the mistakes and bad choices I have done. Alcohol did made decisions for me either bad or good it brought me here today. Of course, no one wants that hangover the next morning, everyone's gotta know how to prevent the next day hangover. It's what you do on the night you drink, not the day after. Hope no one is not happy that I brought this back!
miky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #93
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
I'm curious as well on how you necro'd a thread almost 9 years old.....

I don't drink. I know it's a social thing, but so is cocaine, it's for some people and it's not for others.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #94
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
havent had a drink since new years, honestly probably the longest stretch of no booze i've had in maybe 10 years?

I thoroughly enjoy drinking but i think i could give up liquor if i really had to. Beer on the other hand.. needless to say i was recently watching Anthony Bourdain on the lay over and drinking pints of perfectly poured Guinness in Ireland and England had me drooling
Old 01-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #95
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
I'm curious as well on how you necro'd a thread almost 9 years old.....
Probably drunk

---

I never drank a whole lot. Have my reasons.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #96
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
For some people it's an escape.

For some people they like the taste (how can you not like beer)

For some people they like the end result, the buzz.

For some it's a business or social thing.

If you've ever been on a business trip to Asia drinking and food is a standard way to talk business. And everybody always ends up pissed drunk.

In Japan and Korea it's rude if you don't get drunk when you talk business.

In Korea if somebody clinks glass with you you have to turn around and drink it, can't let the other person see you gulp it as a sign of respect.

Off topic but schools would always pound the thought that "weed is a gateway drug" into our heads.
It's not.
Alcohols the gateway drug.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #97
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
It's always fun watching others making asses of themselves. Like the idiot groom who gets drunk at his own wedding and totally embarrasses himself and his bride.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #98
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
abstain most of the time, well because Mongoloid
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #99
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
It's always fun watching others making asses of themselves. Like the idiot groom who gets drunk at his own wedding and totally embarrasses himself and his bride.
I got super blackout at my wedding but I was fucking awesome.

I've drank a lot in my life, but usually the worst I would do is just get a little louder and laugh a lot. Me and all my friends drank a lot, but never were the shit disturbers, causing fights or mouthing off. Just wanted to have a good time and shoot the shit. Nothing has changed, but we keep it below our limits much better now.
I'd much rather have a bunch of people over and bbq with some scotch, beer and some cigars. Bar scene is no bueno for me anymore.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2018, 05:20 AM   #100
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
i drink crown cause i love the taste...but after a few glasses the taste goes away and i just keep drinking...makes it 10x more fun if theres women involved
Wow. I've changed over the past 9 years lol. I basically don't drink anymore unless there's a reason to have a glass of wine. I had 1 beer while out for dinner last night followed by 2 glasses of water.

I was in my early 20's when I wrote that and my weekends revolved around my friends and I going to clubs and bars and drinking beer throughout the week. I'm in my 30's now with a girlfriend who doesn't drink so that pushes pretty much all desire I had for drinking out the window.

I used to be cool in my own mind. Now I look back at all the horrible drunk decisions I made and I just give my head a shake lol

Going to add a little bit more to this.
The dumb obnoxious drunk loud mouthed 20 year olds I see now who piss me off makes me think of how fucking stupid I must've looked like at that age. Sometimes I'd like to punch one of them out for their behavior in public. I'm amazed I was never knocked out haha
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote