REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
I don't get it

What's so fun about getting drunk??

I've been wondering about this for some time and would appreciate some thoughts and opinions on this because I just don't see it.

What's so fun about getting drunk? I am really amazed that so many young people (I'm young myself btw) enjoy getting wasted at parties and stuff. Seriously, what's so fun about it?

Reasons why I'm saying this:

This always results in people puking. 4 of my friends decided to have a little hangout at his place with some alcohol. Well, 2 of them puked, and the 3rd puked the next morning. I didn't hear the testimonies from all of them but at least one of them said "they hated the feeling".

At a different party, someone's birthday. It wasn't even a crazy party, just drinks, watch some hockey, play some xbox etc. One guy puked on the freakin couch so we had to clean it up?? How fun that was....

First of all, I mean, it's puke. I'm sure most people would prefer not having someone puke. There's the risk that they won't puke in the toilet but on the floor or couch or something. If it smells, that sure ruins it too. Even so, people passing out and stuff doesn't seem like fun to me.

What's wrong with just drinking til you get buzzed and just enjoying the "party". Does it have to be all about high % alcohol like smirnoff or whatever? In fact, I find it way more fun to be chilling at someone's get-together when people are actually conscious and not look like they are dying and then having to go throw up.

And oh it's not just a "first time" thing, as a lot of those people have gotten drunk many times before in the past.

What's so fun about it? If I had a get-together at my house, I think it'd suck to have people drunk, which almost always leads to them puking and then you have to take care of them. It's a freakin get-together, not a babysitting!

I don't get why people think it's so cool to have alcohol and get drunk. Someone care to explain?
Advertisement

Last edited by E=mc˛; 04-09-2009 at 12:58 PM.
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
drinking, you're aiming for that buzz feeling that's enjoyable.

as you drink throughout the night, you aim to keep it at that level, but when you overdo it, that's when you puke.

eg. predrink before club, get buzzed, then while you're at the club, just buy drinks to keep yourself at that level

i think the reason people pick hard alcohol over beer, in my opinion, is that if you stop drinking beer, you get groggy and tired.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

ya.. i wonder too....
i guess its to get high and carefree...
but i never like to drink neways ... usually just for socializing ..to be honest i rather drink pop then beer
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
first step into drinking my friend is know your limits and party within it. your friends are noobs and cant handle their liqours or they just go buck crazy

as quoted from my work

CELEBRATE LIFE . ENJOY RESPONSIBLY

Last edited by Vansterdam; 01-25-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

its legal, readily available. etc etc....

i used to think the same, but now i do drink socially when going out/etc.
just a couple beers, rarely take any hard liquor though, enough to have a little buzz.

also, i much rather get high then drink.
if weed were legal, im sure more parties would be all about blazing, not drinking.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
first step into drinking my friend is know your limits and party within it. your friends are noobs and cant handle their liqours or they just go buck crazy
we all had to start somewhere. from my experience when i first started clubbing, i predrank an entire mickey ( this was when i was new, 5'8 155lbs only ) and continued having beers at the club, i ended up getting trashed and passed out etc.

but that was my lesson because now i know my limit. again, everyone has to start somewhere.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
ESKETIT

we all had our days where we puked, hangovers, waking up and going IM NOT DRINKING AGAIN!

we all been there.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

dont go buck wild then you will have your moment....

dont get influence by friends by consuming more than your limit (people died from it)
OP, i dont know about your age, but there are people, mostly young people, who thinks themself is the shit by gettin CRUNK.
There are people who just love to see others hammered and act stupidly.

Regardless, drink whats within the limit and enjoy the feeling of tipsy.
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Your friends are young and don't know to control their drinking. It's nice to feel drunk some of the time, but don't take it overboard. They'll grow up and learn, or won't!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I still say I'm never drinking again, and I do it all over again the next night haha.

Rule of thumb:
If you're gonna puke, stop drinking.
Take a piss in between a couple beers, it'll help run it through your system.
DO NOT drink beer before liquor
Pace yourself.
Eat something really fatty before going out to drink. It'll help.
Sweet drinks will give you the fattest hangover, this is why girls look like shit in the morning.
Drink your beer properly. If it foams in the bottle after you take a swig, You're doing it wrong.
Avoid as much air intake as possible when chugging. The air will fill your stomach and make you puke.
Try to puke in a contained object. Bag, bottle, bucket, whatever.
Sleep on your side.
Don't take huge drags from your smoke if you feel like puking.
If you need to puke, go outside and get some air. Deep breaths.

And DO NOT.
Do multiple keg stands and pop. You will wander the halls of a UVic dorm, and leave piles of puke, and undigested E in front of random people's room.
Stay up all night drinking/blazing, then waking up and drinking a 6 pack, and continue with a pitcher at lunch. You will puke.
Have a lot of beer, and eat a bunch of oysters when pre-drinking, and continue to have shots and beer at the club. You will puke. You will also lose your shirt and a CD you just bought.

Also, Sleemans > MGD > all.

edit: If you wanna see a friend who's never puked from drinking before, pour soy sauce and a piece of squid in his beer when he's drunk. Make him chug it.

Last edited by SpuGen; 04-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

2-3 beers or 2-3 martinis and a good night becomes great!

It's fun to loosen up a bit. Getting drunk, for me, is not pleasent. Getting a good party buzz rocks.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I dun get it too. I dun even like that "buzz" feeling. Seems that I have no control over myself, and I absolutely hate it when things r beyond my control and have to rely on others. And i'm always scared that I'll get mugged if I get drunk. That's enough of an incentive for me to just get a fruit punch.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #13
ESKETIT

beer before liquor get drunk/sick quicker

liquor before beer your in the clear
Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i think ppl are aiming to get a nice buzzed by they dont know their limit so they puke and get trashed

ppl drink so they can be a little wild and bring their fun side out
let loose a bit
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I still say I'm never drinking again, and I do it all over again the next night haha.

Rule of thumb:
If you're gonna puke, stop drinking.
Take a piss in between a couple beers, it'll help run it through your system.
DO NOT drink beer before liquor
Pace yourself.
Eat something really fatty before going out to drink. It'll help.
Sweet drinks will give you the fattest hangover, this is why girls look like shit in the morning.
Drink your beer properly. If it foams in the bottle after you take a swig, You're doing it wrong.
Avoid as much air intake as possible when chugging. The air will fill your stomach and make you puke.
Try to puke in a contained object. Bag, bottle, bucket, whatever.
Sleep on your side.
Don't take huge drags from your smoke if you feel like puking.
If you need to puke, go outside and get some air. Deep breaths.

And DO NOT. Stay up all night drinking/blazing, then waking up and drinking a 6 pack, and continue with a pitcher at lunch. You will puke.

Also, Sleemans > MGD > all.
sleemans honey lager ftw,
another good idea is not to use your phone.. but kinda irrelevant to puking

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #16

Quote:

i've heard this before.
why?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
its legal, readily available. etc etc....

i used to think the same, but now i do drink socially when going out/etc.
just a couple beers, rarely take any hard liquor though, enough to have a little buzz.

also, i much rather get high then drink.
if weed were legal, im sure more parties would be all about blazing, not drinking.
Are u joking man? Weed is sucha downer drug and u absolutely cannot party on weed alone... and if u mix with alcohol its even worse! For me at least i just wanna relax and not pay attention to shit going on around me unless im driving then its the other way around!
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #18
ESKETIT

i havent puked in a long ass time however i went a lil TO much over my limit last week and man. ended up a mess from downtown from home.

one thing i learnt is that if ur at the clubs and stuff and you mix your drinks up alot it will gurantee to fuck you up.

stay away from coolers to those things give you mad headaches and are for ladies anyways
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Everythings feels better when your drunk..like sex,dancing,watching hockey games,texting etc. People get louder and conversate more.

The key to not puking is not mixing drinks.. Beer + wine + vodka = puking etc.
and always have a equal glass of water after every beer. Always keep your body hydrated..alcohol is a major dehydrator. Your basically pissing away most of your body fluid. The main reason we get hangovers is that out brain does net get Enough fluid.

Last edited by dinamix; 04-09-2009 at 12:58 PM.
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
Are u joking man? Weed is sucha downer drug and u absolutely cannot party on weed alone... and if u mix with alcohol its even worse! For me at least i just wanna relax and not pay attention to shit going on around me unless im driving then its the other way around!
haha weed is relaxing, makes me happy. i find that it makes me concentrated too...
different effects for different people?
and no no mixing. that's horrible.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #21
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
And don't do Soju bombs with Soju and beer.
You will hate yourself.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #22
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

So whose down to get smashed tonight?
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #23
I don't get it

Yeah, I understand what some of you are saying and I'm perfectly fine with people getting buzzed. I can't comment on whatever types of alcohol but I guess more like beer or whatever where you just drink from a can and relax and sit back watching a hockey game or whatever.

I guess some people just don't know their limits when it comes to strong alcohol, but they seem to like repeating the same thing on some other night. I hear them saying "oh man it sucked" (referring to their puking/hangover).

Oh did I mention I helped drive a buddy to a friend's get-together one time, and on the way back he puked in my car? lol. I mean it was funny when you look back on it, but seriously during the month it happened, my car smelled and even though my friend offered to pay to get the interior detailed, I just said screw it. I guess I didn't really wanna take money from him and overall it wasn't THAT big an issue.

I guess it's not so much being the drunkard. It just seems like it ruins the party for others (ok maybe I can't speak for others because I never really asked) but definitely for me since it's no longer 'fun' but now we have people passed out and stuff. But you guys are right, a lot of my friends are noobs when it comes to drinking and maybe that's why it led to this. I don't know, I guess also partly from facebook pictures of other friends I don't hang with, where they have pics of parties and stuff and yeah lol people passing out, getting carried onto the couch etc. Seems like people enjoy it.

I don't know, I'm all for people getting buzzed. But drunk? Will never understand.
I guess it was from that time when one of my friends puked on the couch which made me really think wtf, it's a hangout, not some babysitting. Believe me, after cleaning up and stuff, he wanted to sleep cuz he was really drunk and it REALLY felt like we were babysitting a child. I'll admit there are times when drunk people do funny stuff though.
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #24
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
People drink to lose their inhibitions and use it as an excuse to act outside of their social norm.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

beef before liquor, you've never been sicker
liquor before beer, you're in the clear