REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #76
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Turbo E, I have about 2 finger gaps in all my wheel wells.
Im running 195/50/15's. It's not illegally low.
Advertisement
SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #77
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

I have never had a bad encounter with the police. I guess I am just one of those very few rare people who follows the law and has nothing to hide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #78
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
here in victoria, some cops are jerks but a lot of them aren't that bad at all..

sorry about your experience tho
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #79
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

aside from being thrown in the drunk tank for refusing to get out of a cops face

ive actually never had a bad experience with a cop from drivin

and my car looks heatscore as fuck :S
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #80
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
No sir, you're the fucking dumbass. Just because your car "came like that" does not give you the right to have your front window tinted. What if my car came with missile launchers mounted under the headlights a la Bond car?

I sense the court proceedings will be somewhat like this:

You: I bought the car and the front windows came tinted.
Judge: Why did you buy a car that was in violation of the MVA then?
You: *confused look*
i can vouch for this. i bought a 91 honda accord with front tinted windows. and no it doesn't take 2 minutes to take it off with a razor blade. i told the exact same story, saying i just bought it like this. which he can see on my transfer paper because i only had the car for about a month. and the tint looked older than that.

i was pulled over, and the cop can see that there are scratch mark that shows an attempt at removing.

i got a ticket, but he said if i show up at court with the tint removed, he'll help me dispute the ticket with the judge.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #81
you
Banned (BBM)

my advise...avoid richmond as much as possible
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #82
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
having your car judged as being too low is not only measured by your ground clearance. your headlights also have a minumum height requirement as does the wheel well clearance.

signs of tire rub is enough to get you towed.

don't want tickets, make sure your car complies with the motor vehicle code. otherwise stop fucking complaining.

as for window tint on the front windows, it's legal if you have a medical condition that requires it.

its not legal just because you want to look gangster.

Actually it is NOT. The Regulations forbid it. If you have a severe medical condition the MVB "may" issue a variance to permit a clear UV tint to be added but they seldom do becaus it destroys the federally required shatter qualities required for the front windows.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #83
My homepage has been set to RS

ive had instances speeding where after passing by cops clocking my speed on the side of the road, they just gave me a big thumbs up.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #84
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Home View Post
I did just buy the car dumbass. And it came tinted in the front. My insurance reflected that fact. Additionally, i wont tell you how i will win the case because we need suckers like you that just blindly pay up, so people like me can get away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Home View Post
Holy fuck you're dumber then a bag of bricks. My insurance reflected the fact i just bought the car, not the tint, which it did come with. Keep your gay fantasies about judges sodomizing people to yourself. Im sure you can find another forum that will be more excepting of your obvious homoerotic tendencies.
Holy fuck - the way you wrote your first post implies that your insurance reflects the fact that your car came with tint up front, and nothing about when you purchased your vehicle. So kumbo1 can't be faulted for misinterpreting your post. Since you suck at communication, it's no wonder you couldn't talk yourself out of a ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
Dispute both. If the cop doesn't show up on the 198 dollar one tell the judge that you are unemployed/student whatever and he will reduce the fine. I just got a ticket reduced the other day from 198 to 80 with the same bs. If the cop doesn't show then you will pay nothing!
I guess the judge didn't see what kind of car you drove!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote