REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #23776
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

fuck that was shit.
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #23777
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

My suggestions for next year:

- get rid of Alberts
- don't sign Demitra
- get rid of Alberts
- replace the coach
- get rid of Alberts
Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #23778
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

Where are the fanboys now?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #23779
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Doesn't matter if Luongo is paid 7 trillion or seven cents. He didn't play well. Again, not his fault. Saying that money could have been spent this way or that doesn't help. When you build a team from goalie up and the team gets used to that, what happens when things don't go right?

remember when Luongo was injured? Everyone thought the Canucks were going to crash. That never happened. They started to play more responsibly. They even gelled as a team, if I recall correctly. Anyway, it is what it is. Nothing we can do. Whine and complain, these are our beloved team. I'm used the Canuck fail. It's just this year, I thought they'd do a lot better. If the Canucks win the Stanley "Park" this year, I will hack my nuts off and join a bloody monastery!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #23780
Banned (ABWS)

Vancouver is indeed really a goalie graveyard lol
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #23781
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,360 Times in 1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Doesn't matter if Luongo is paid 7 trillion or seven cents. He didn't play well. Again, not his fault. Saying that money could have been spent this way or that doesn't help. When you build a team from goalie up and the team gets used to that, what happens when things don't go right?

remember when Luongo was injured? Everyone thought the Canucks were going to crash. That never happened. They started to play more responsibly. They even gelled as a team, if I recall correctly. Anyway, it is what it is. Nothing we can do. Whine and complain, these are our beloved team. I'm used the Canuck fail. It's just this year, I thought they'd do a lot better. If the Canucks win the Stanley "Park" this year, I will hack my nuts off and join a bloody monastery!
this is a true fan right here.
Spoiler!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #23782
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,523 Times in 5,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post
I'm sorry but for the past two years I've been saying the same thing. Until Luongo actually comes through in a seven games series you know I'm right.

I'll say it again for your convenience. A team doesn't need a $7M goalie. They just need a decent goalie on a hot streak.

Ohh well, fanboys like you will still cheer for Luongo next year even though he hasn't done SHIT. (and you KNOW he was lucky to win the gold medal game for Canada after he fucked up in the last minute of the 3rd period against team USA)
considering Luongo's cap hit is 5.5M which is the only number that actually matters your opinion doesnt mean shit because how can you speak on the matter when you dont even know the basics of the point of which your trying to argue?

Canucks will always have a tough time getting anywhere in the playoffs because LOSERS like yourself always pin the loss on inviduals and not the team as a whole

So we cant win a series with a good goalie like Luongo, picking up a 5 million dollar D-man and a 2 million dollar goalie will definately get us over the hump and get us to a finals right?

your talking out of your ass.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #23783
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,037 Times in 1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Doesn't Lu have an NTC?
i can't remember what the exact details are right now but if luongo isn't happy in vancouver, he can demand a trade vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknJean View Post
Vancouver is indeed really a goalie graveyard lol
i thought that was dead after the 06/07 season :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #23784
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
i can't remember what the exact details are right now but if luongo isn't happy in vancouver, he can demand a trade vice versa.

i thought that was dead after the 06/07 season :/

after the 5th year, the clause states that luongo can leave if he chooses to do so.
Spoiler!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #23785
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,523 Times in 5,742 Posts
it wont ever be dead even with a $500,000 goalie because who else is there for uneducated fans who've never worn a pair of skates to blame?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #23786
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

canucks in 7 .. weve been down in games adn come back to win, they can do it again on a bigger scale .. I STILL BELIEVE !
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #23787
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

The point is to not get "dead" even but to give the Canucks the best opportunity to WIN and WIN in the playoffs.
Judging from the last couple of seasons except 2007, do you really believe Luongo can take us to the promise land?
I say this without taking his salary into my argument. I don't care if he's making $5M or $7M.. can HE make us a better team in the playoffs?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #23788
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I follow the team and watch the games, but I try not to get too emotionally attached to it because at the end of the day you really have no control over what's going on on the ice.

My biggest concern going into the playoffs was our D core - injured key players, inexperienced AHLers, and oh and someone named Andrew fucking Alberts. Our offense was good and not really the main reason we're pretty much done in the playoffs, it's our D and the defensive play of the forwards not clearing the front of net where Lu tends to give up juicy rebounds - that's his style and we've always had guys that can clear the puck for him in the past, but not the case this year.

Chicago is a great team but if you look at almost all of thier goals so far they were pretty much all preventable if our defense in general was better.

Disappointing end to the season but if you really look at this team you'll realize we're really missing a strong D core and that's what caused us the series this year.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #23789
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

what i'm wondering is, why is AV unable to control the team better? why are the sedins so caught up in the anger instead of leading the charge?
Spoiler!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #23790
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,874 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
My suggestions for next year:

- get rid of Alberts
- don't sign Demitra
- get rid of Alberts
- replace the coach
- get rid of Alberts
Bieksa needs to go too.

I want to kill a fucking referee right now too.

I'm so happy Burrows speared Buttfugly in the head.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #23791
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I'm so happy Burrows speared Buttfugly in the head.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
it wont ever be dead even with a $500,000 goalie because who else is there for uneducated fans who've never worn a pair of skates to blame?
You gotta cut the fans some slack though dude. Just like Naslund, or Ovechkin right now, whether there's enough blame to go around, it's always the captain that has to bear the responsibility the most, no?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #23792
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
considering Luongo's cap hit is 5.5M which is the only number that actually matters your opinion doesnt mean shit because how can you speak on the matter when you dont even know the basics of the point of which your trying to argue?

Canucks will always have a tough time getting anywhere in the playoffs because LOSERS like yourself always pin the loss on inviduals and not the team as a whole

So we cant win a series with a good goalie like Luongo, picking up a 5 million dollar D-man and a 2 million dollar goalie will definately get us over the hump and get us to a finals right?

your talking out of your ass.
Ok. When we win the Cup i'll let you know you are right.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #23793
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,037 Times in 1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
The point is to not get "dead" even but to give the Canucks the best opportunity to WIN and WIN in the playoffs.
Judging from the last couple of seasons except 2007, do you really believe Luongo can take us to the promise land?
I say this without taking his salary into my argument. I don't care if he's making $5M or $7M.. can HE make us a better team in the playoffs?
If he plays like shit like he has the past couple of games, no. If he just plays good enough for us to win then yes. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 05-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #23794
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
versteegs game 2 game winner and toews 3rd goal tonight are so painful to watch
those should have been stopped!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #23795
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
what i'm wondering is, why is AV unable to control the team better? why are the sedins so caught up in the anger instead of leading the charge?
AV just answered the question at his press conference. He says he does and has the ability to choose whether the player plays or not
Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #23796
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,600 Times in 4,311 Posts
my feelings right now. and I got yelled at by 40people at the espn zone how the canucks suck for the whole fucken game. At least you guys didnt have to deal with that shit ontop of the loss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuckuchitown.jpg (61.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #23797
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
versteegs game 2 game winner and toews 3rd goal tonight are so painful to watch
those should have been stopped!
My vote goes to Patrick Sharp, Game 2, Short handed goal.

Ever since that moment, the Hawks never looked back; and the Canucks never looked the same.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #23798
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Here we go again.....
Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #23799
I don't get it

I've supported Luongo ever since he got here, but I'll be the first to admit now that he's overrated. He's a GOOD goalie, but not GREAT. Can he get the job done and win a cup? Probably... but he needs a really good team in front of him (particularly defence). The question is whether or not a goalie that only costs 3 - 3.5M per year can achieve the same results?

With regards to this year's playoffs...unfortunately, our top 5 paid players were not our top 5 players (Luongo, Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Demitra). Four of those 5 are here for a long time. There's gonna be a lot of heartbreak in the years ahead.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #23800
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
I'm just gonna use canucks is the underdog coming to this series... Hopefully this lame excuse can ease my pain a bit
Posted via RS Mobile
Closed Thread