REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #23851
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
You trade Lu and you'll be looking for goalies for the next few years. We don't have any young goalies in the system that can be the next Rask, Varlamov or even Halak.
There's not a team out there that would take his 12 year contract coming off a mediocre playoffs.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #23852
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,704 Posts
Luongo's big paycheque is based on consistency.
Like some said, he's probably a top 5 goalie season after season.

For some of those other goalies that are shining now, they kinda disappear off the radar in a season or two...

I still think Luongo's overrated, but he hasn't played THAT poorly. Besides the first goal, they weren't all that weak.
You'll expect a goalie to steal a game or two, but I'll also expect our so-called offensive depth to help win a game or two as well.
We're not supposed to be like the Canadiens who rely on Halak to go God Mode to win games....
I don't really care about the Paycheque BS anymore. We play as a team, and we all do the best we can in the roles we're assigned.
It's pretty hard fighting off a screen from your own Dman + Byfuglien,
and not many goalies are gonna make saves from a superstar like Toews when he's given so much time and space up close.
When a team crashes the net, it's really up to the Dman to clear that loose puck or stop the crash and not be part of the crash.

Lu's probably the least of my worries. More worried about what's our offense doing on the PP, and why the PK meltdown.
Maybe it has to do with the D-men for both...
Can't clear the loose puck on the PK.
Guys on the blueline bobble the puck on the PP.
Take too long to shoot, puck doesn't get thrown to net, slappers are always "wide".

Dmen need to start ripping accurate shots to the net.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #23853
Need to Seek Professional Help

he may have won a gold medal with a super canadian team but as a canuck and 'supposedly' one of their best players on the team, luongo certainly hasn't been consistent at being great and on top of his game.

never mind the stats like GAA or SV%, big game goalies make big saves when the team needs it most and there's usually little to no rebounds and yes, this is WITH traffic near the net. osgood will never be considered a great goalie in my books but he made the saves when the wings needed it most. luongo has displayed some of that but clearly not coming up with enough it to win for this team.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #23854
Banned (ABWS)

just start Raycroft and give him a chance. Right now, Luongo is pretty much like a car that is written off by icbc
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #23855
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

5+ players have had career seasons, we have our first art ross champ in franchise history, franchise point record was broken, hank also nominated for hart, kesler nominated for selke, 1st in the west for goals for and 2nd in the leauge next to the caps for goals for, northwest division champs, wahtever the outcome after tomorrow will be, as a true canucks/hockey fan I coudlnt be more proud of our boys for their outstanding effort, I still believe canucks will come back and win in 7, but if they don't, our core group of players are locked down and I kno gillis will make some big aqquisitions this offseason, the future looks very promising for our beloved nux, Go Canucks Go! As long as canucks win a cup before I die I'll be happy
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #23856
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
What injury did he have? Been too long I don't remember. And I agree with the rest of your comment, I don't know where this Luongo hatred came from, and all this talk about captaincy. How is him being a captain got to do with their guys making dumb penalties? (i.e. the random face wash Alberts put on Kane as he was defending him)
Luongo's been down with an injury for two seasons in a row. He went down in Pittsburgh 2 seasons ago and again this season in october.

where did i say he was to blame for penalties?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #23857
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
holy fuck i just woke up and i had a dream that we went to OT after we down 2 goals...
it was so real that i had to ask my gf if the canucks won last night....

im still a choking fan today and have that slightly 5% faith in myself of hoping the canucks winning the next 3 games...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #23858
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
02/03 Canucks down 3-1 to St.Louis to take the series.
93/94 Canucks down 3-1 to Calgary to take the series.

Believe! cause its not over till its over. If Montreal shared the same mentality as its fans, theyd be out and Washington would still be in, cause they were also down 3-1 not too long ago.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #23859
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Luongo's been down with an injury for two seasons in a row. He went down in Pittsburgh 2 seasons ago and again this season in october.

where did i say he was to blame for penalties?
Nono I was saying how some people here are making a case of how he shouldn't be captain.......when the fact that Luongo being a captain has really no bearing on his teammates making retarded penalties...sorry for miscommunicating
Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #23860

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Luongo aside, did anyone hear Wellwoods comments last night? Sounds like coach V has lost control of the team!

There is 3 things we have to do now to win the series;

1 - Luongo has to be the Captain, lead by example, and play better than ever before
2 - Play our hockey, stop adjusting to Chi-City (Change lines back to the way they were all season) and ride it out. Even if it doesnt work for a few shifts.
3 - Shoot way more on the PP. The reason why Chi-city scores so fast because they dont wait, just go hard to the net, shoot lots and rebounds will be there.

Also, its not all negative. If they lose tomorrow then maybe they will finally make some needed changes. We still need that "Big name Defencemen", we need a coach that can control his team, maybe Lu should not be the captain next year.... blah blah blah. So if they lose maybe it will make them better. I just wish it would have happened after last years lose, but W.E I guess.
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #23861
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

its time for some towel power...
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #23862

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #23863

^ dude i love ur avatar!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #23864

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
I agree. Chicago is a better team and they have our number. They are better in all aspects. Joel Quenneville is a Canuck killer. Niemi is playing much better than Luongo at the moment and he has faced just as much as Luongo.

Others are right. You cannot put all the blame on Luongo.

As for the captain thing, most people rise to the occasion when given that designation. Mason Raymond?

Anyway, Chicago is a team on a mission and everything is going right for them.

Wouldn't it be great if AV loses it a bit and lets Andrew Raycroft play the next game and he wins and wins and wins?

I guess that would never fly, because that basically tells people your 5+ million dollar player was a big mistake. It would spell the end of Luongo. Unless........... he was injured somehow. Then Raycrift would be just a temporary hero of sorts.
That would never happen just due to the fact that if Raycroft lost, all the blame would be put on him and that's not really fair to do.

Anyways, don't stop believing guys. I can't believe the number of bandwagoners here who just give up like that. If we can refocus and get back to the game we played in game 1 and stop with all the bullshit, we can win. We need to win 3 in a row just like we did in the LA series.

It's not over till it's over and I'll watch, cheering for my team until the final buzzer goes. Go Canucks Go!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #23865
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,240 Posts
People need to stop talking about bandwagon fans...who are the bigger suckers, the people who rag on the team when they clearly shit the bed, or the people blindly defending a team that's never amounted to anything and say a goalie who let in 7 goals isn't at fault for a loss. At the end of the day both sides will be cheering if we win and no one cares how "true" of a canuck fan you are.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #23866

^Of course we will alll be cheering for us to win, but as a "True" Canuck fan, i dont wanna be cheering for the team with people who are just waiting to say "I knew that Canucks couldnt do it" or "The Canucks will always be losers" ect. No one wants to be cheering with..... partying with.... or be associated with downers and Bandwagon Fans are downers
Old 05-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #23867

It's getting to the point where you can't criticise anything about them or your a bandwagon fan... It's just as annoying when someone has so much faith in a team that they fail to believe that the all star goalie isn't an all star, and that even down 3-1 there's no big problem yet. We all want them to win certain people just deal with losing by pointing out the clear problems going on
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #23868
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
I found canucks team usually give up easily. Yes, I know we are come back kid but that's usually within 1 oe 2 goals with 1 period left or somewhat similar.
There are many cases canucks just gave up in the middle of game or showing up 5 mins before the game end.
I hope they start playing with attitude that there is still hope and put aside any emotion and just focus.

Our d need to step it up as well, as I predicted it before the playoff.. I can see a round 2 exit for them if their d are shit.

If they continue to fuck around and play with too much emotion tomorrow then I don't see this team can make it far in the next 5 yrs.
I really hope they steal a game tomorrow. Come back kid, division leader... No one is gonna give a shit about that if they go bye bye tomorrow$
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #23869

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
It's getting to the point where you can't criticise anything about them or your a bandwagon fan... It's just as annoying when someone has so much faith in a team that they fail to believe that the all star goalie isn't an all star, and that even down 3-1 there's no big problem yet. We all want them to win certain people just deal with losing by pointing out the clear problems going on
Posted via RS Mobile
There's a difference between criticizing them and still saying, "Go Canucks go!" and criticizing them and saying "Go Blackhawks go!".

Lu's played bad these last 2 games yeah but you can't blame it all on him. Did you really expect to win against a team like Chicago by taking 8 penalties? No, if you take 8 penalties, you're probably going to lose.

Being down 3-1 in the series is a big problem, but that doesn't stop me from believing and cheering for my team. We haven't lost 4 games in a row all season, and that's not going to change now.

Win or lose, I'll still be a Canuck fan and thank them for the great season.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #23870

well obviously cheering for the blackhawks is a bit much, but saying our goalie and defense is sucking the big one is completely acceptable, because it's true.

If we lose tomorrow I for one won't be thanking them for anything, what for? It wasn't a hard fought series, they basically threw in the towel so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
There's a difference between criticizing them and still saying, "Go Canucks go!" and criticizing them and saying "Go Blackhawks go!".

Lu's played bad these last 2 games yeah but you can't blame it all on him. Did you really expect to win against a team like Chicago by taking 8 penalties? No, if you take 8 penalties, you're probably going to lose.

Being down 3-1 in the series is a big problem, but that doesn't stop me from believing and cheering for my team. We haven't lost 4 games in a row all season, and that's not going to change now.

Win or lose, I'll still be a Canuck fan and thank them for the great season.

Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #23871

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
well obviously cheering for the blackhawks is a bit much, but saying our goalie and defense is sucking the big one is completely acceptable, because it's true.

If we lose tomorrow I for one won't be thanking them for anything, what for? It wasn't a hard fought series, they basically threw in the towel so far.

Posted via RS Mobile
I know, just using that as an example.

Our whole team is sucking right now because they're letting Chicago under their skin and not playing the game which wins them games.

I'll be thanking them for a fun season and for being my home team! I'll be in this same place next year, cheering for them just the same, regardless of what happens.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #23872
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Old 05-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #23873
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
My buddy works for the canucks as one of the valet staff

Luongo shaved his big beard...
Old 05-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #23874
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

^ I noticed that too on an interview they did with him today.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #23875
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,037 Times in 1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
My buddy works for the canucks as one of the valet staff

Luongo shaved his big beard...
This could mean only one thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster