REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #76
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
Personally, I'd just not get so poor that it mattered... but that's me.
Quote:
FWD = fail.
4 banger = fail.
v6 = fail.
OK, I`m going on a rant here. I hate people like you. Why? You're ignorant and completely full of yourself. Guess what? Reality kick here.... not all of us had money handed down to us from Mommy and Daddy, won the lottery, or were stupid enough to take out a loan to buy an expensive vette. Some of us actually work hard for what we drive, and take pride in what we drive, whether we spent alot of money on our car, or a little, and I"m not gonna sit here and let some ignorant tool like you undermine and make fun of other people's cars.

I work as a mechanic and drive a 92 GSR. Yeah, it's a Honda. Yeah, it's FWD. It is what it is, it's a fun car to drive. I've had RWD (two RX7s), domestics, imports, I've driven them. Some were better than others, but I'm not going to go up to somebody with his Civic and tell him it's a piece of shit. Why? Because I have no right to. The whole point of the automotive community is to support each others projects, and enjoy it in the process. Not to shoot them down and tell them that their Civic will never be as great as the almighty Corvette.

So how about you learn to respect the fact that these cars have alot of potential. Sure, they're not nearly as expensive, and don't have that "bling" factor that your super-fantastic Corvette has, but guess what? If I was to dump the same amount of money that you spent on your vette into my GSR, I'd rape you on the track any day of the week. Just because you have money, doesn't make you better than the rest of us, so grow up.
Advertisement
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #77
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwkef View Post
OK, I`m going on a rant here. I hate people like you. Why? You're ignorant and completely full of yourself. Guess what? Reality kick here.... not all of us had money handed down to us from Mommy and Daddy, won the lottery, or were stupid enough to take out a loan to buy an expensive vette. Some of us actually work hard for what we drive, and take pride in what we drive, whether we spent alot of money on our car, or a little, and I"m not gonna sit here and let some ignorant tool like you undermine and make fun of other people's cars.

I work as a mechanic and drive a 92 GSR. Yeah, it's a Honda. Yeah, it's FWD. It is what it is, it's a fun car to drive. I've had RWD (two RX7s), domestics, imports, I've driven them. Some were better than others, but I'm not going to go up to somebody with his Civic and tell him it's a piece of shit. Why? Because I have no right to. The whole point of the automotive community is to support each others projects, and enjoy it in the process. Not to shoot them down and tell them that their Civic will never be as great as the almighty Corvette.

So how about you learn to respect the fact that these cars have alot of potential. Sure, they're not nearly as expensive, and don't have that "bling" factor that your super-fantastic Corvette has, but guess what? If I was to dump the same amount of money that you spent on your vette into my GSR, I'd rape you on the track any day of the week. Just because you have money, doesn't make you better than the rest of us, so grow up.
Chose to be silence when i first saw zulu's post.
but i guess now that you open up the flame can, ill do my part

Corvettes arent even "Super Fantastics", they can easily get raped by an Evo on the track lol oh yeah and off the track as well, during rainy days as well, oh also during snowing days as well.

yeah grow the fuck up
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #78
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionian View Post
Corvettes arent even "Super Fantastics", they can easily get raped by an Evo on the track lol oh yeah and off the track as well, during rainy days as well, oh also during snowing days as well.
Lets not get TOO far ahead of ourselves. The ZR-1 isn't so bad....

jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #79
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
I don't think you can really say that FWD cars don't perform as well as RWD cars in a blanket statement. About the only thing you can say is that they're at a disadvantage: it takes more work to make a FWD car as fast as a comparable RWD car in motorsports.

OP: Same idea with the Mazda3 vs Si argument. I had a Mazda3, a 4dr 2.3L 5MT just like yours. With a little prep work (coilovers, swaybars, camber links, brake pads, ate superblue, intake, exhaust, wider stickier tires), I was practically running circles around the Si in my run group the last time I brought the car out to a lapping day. Yes the Si is a faster car out of the box, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way =).
Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #80
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
And tell me, which FWD 4 banger is going to cause me to feel anything in the vette? Yeah that's what I thought. Go back to counting your MPG riceboi.

That's because you = fail.
My car will.
Friday October 2nd for the street legals. Put your money where you fat mouth is.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
FeistyBearH22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #81
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmhaze View Post

you know what, corvettes are actually one of my favorite cars.
i just simply dont like the fact that many corvette drivers are ignorant people.
and think their corvettes are the best in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
I don't think you can really say that FWD cars don't perform as well as RWD cars in a blanket statement. About the only thing you can say is that they're at a disadvantage: it takes more work to make a FWD car as fast as a comparable RWD car in motorsports.

OP: Same idea with the Mazda3 vs Si argument. I had a Mazda3, a 4dr 2.3L 5MT just like yours. With a little prep work (coilovers, swaybars, camber links, brake pads, ate superblue, intake, exhaust, wider stickier tires), I was practically running circles around the Si in my run group the last time I brought the car out to a lapping day. Yes the Si is a faster car out of the box, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way =).
yaya. i havve about the same modification
and it handles quite nice, just takes alot of thraottle control around the corners to keep traction
Old 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #82
RabidMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmhaze View Post

sure.

but Mr. Zulu, drives a base model corvette from the '90s.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #83
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
sure.

Preach! ZR1 is a totally different animal all together.

Zulu is just a dumb ass douche bag that likes to generalize with out knowing what the fuck he's talking about.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
www.soundsgoodauto.com

This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #84
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
performance is good n all, but lets talk comfort... my GS is up there, all it lacks it the flight attendant asking if you need another pillow.

=)

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #85
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
OK, I`m going on a rant here. I hate people like you. Why? You're ignorant and completely full of yourself. Guess what? Reality kick here.... not all of us had money handed down to us from Mommy and Daddy, won the lottery, or were stupid enough to take out a loan to buy an expensive vette.
Are you implying that because you're stupid and poor, I had to get my money from my parents? I actually moved around internationally, started different businesses, and became successful from my own sweat and blood. Go fuck yourself.

Quote:
If I was to dump the same amount of money that you spent on your vette into my GSR, I'd rape you on the track any day of the week. Just because you have money, doesn't make you better than the rest of us, so grow up.
Uh, probably not. The C5 is the best bang for the buck performance car you can buy these days. If we spend $1 for every $1 the other spends, I guarantee you my car will run like a raped ape (it already does), and yours... well... it'll make a BUZZZZZ sound down the street. I will always accelerate harder, brake harder, and turn harder than you. Not to mention, being able to STREET DAILY DRIVE AT OVER 650HP (7psi procharger) as opposed to... you... who would need a trailer and probably grenade anyway. Fuck, go checkout the DPE corvette on youtube, that beasts at 920hp (13psi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyBearH22a View Post
My car will.
Friday October 2nd for the street legals. Put your money where you fat mouth is.
Uh, I'm in SoCal kiddo. You're welcome to come join the big boys whenever you want.

Quote:
sure.
I bought my vette for cash and sent it to Felix Cadillac for some upgrades, and it's not from the 90s. Listen to the video above and guess the current displacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyBearH22a View Post
Zulu is just a dumb ass douche bag that likes to generalize with out knowing what the fuck he's talking about.
No, I'm the guy in the corvette that sounds like it's about to rip your face of, and you're the guy in the h22. hahaha.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #86
Banned (BBM)

Quote:

i agree, stock suspension on the 3 is pretty decent for wat it is already
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #87
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Are you implying that because you're stupid and poor, I had to get my money from my parents? I actually moved around internationally, started different businesses, and became successful from my own sweat and blood. Go fuck yourself.

Uh, probably not. The C5 is the best bang for the buck performance car you can buy these days. If we spend $1 for every $1 the other spends, I guarantee you my car will run like a raped ape (it already does), and yours... well... it'll make a BUZZZZZ sound down the street. I will always accelerate harder, brake harder, and turn harder than you. Not to mention, being able to STREET DAILY DRIVE AT OVER 650HP (7psi procharger) as opposed to... you... who would need a trailer and probably grenade anyway. Fuck, go checkout the DPE corvette on youtube, that beasts at 920hp (13psi).

Uh, I'm in SoCal kiddo. You're welcome to come join the big boys whenever you want.

I bought my vette for cash and sent it to Felix Cadillac for some upgrades, and it's not from the 90s. Listen to the video above and guess the current displacement.

No, I'm the guy in the corvette that sounds like it's about to rip your face of, and you're the guy in the h22. hahaha.
Wow, we now have a Marco911 of the 'Vette variety!
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #88
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

There are many fwd cars that I like that are faster than my car but even so, I'd prefer mine. It's more about how well it feels than how fast it drives.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Wow, we now have a Marco911 of the 'Vette variety!
Kid, do your research. I'm not exactly new.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #90
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
i never knew v6's were fail... considering some of the best engines ever made were twin turbo v6's.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #91
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
im fairly certain you once photoshopped a swastika on the forehead of some girl and posted on RS
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #92
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Nope. I'm just saying that just because you have money doesn't make you special. Obviously it's a sensitive subject for you, so i'll leave it alone

And yeah, I'm stupid and poor

Quote:
No, you don't get what I'm saying. I don't know about where you're from, but around here, expect to pay about $25,000 for a C5 Vette. Great. Now, I bought my GSR for about $4,000. So that leaves me with $21,000 in mods I'd have to make just to spend the same amount on my car as you did on yours. If I were to do that, the GSR would be well ahead of you. Of course, I'm not going to, because I have other financial priorities in my life like buying a house, but you should at least see what I'm saying here.

Quote:
It all makes sense now. Please stay there.
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #93
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:

It all makes sense now. Please stay there.
God know's they need more fat retards down there.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Old 09-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #94
RabidMod

Quote:
I was just about to say, you and your marco911 sentiments are getting old.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #95
The "You'd Know" Moderator

haha Welcome back Zulu.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
haha Welcome back Zulu.
Return in style amirite? ;P
Old 09-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #97
I STILL don't get it

maybe look at the AMS evo? lol

2.3L 4 cyl with 1130AWHP, you can kiss that 4 cyl ass good bye

daily drivable, and winter drivable as well, you just have a to be a good driver
Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #98
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #99

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:

No, you don't get what I'm saying. I don't know about where you're from, but around here, expect to pay about $25,000 for a C5 Vette. Great. Now, I bought my GSR for about $4,000. So that leaves me with $21,000 in mods I'd have to make just to spend the same amount on my car as you did on yours. If I were to do that, the GSR would be well ahead of you. Of course, I'm not going to, because I have other financial priorities in my life like buying a house, but you should at least see what I'm saying here.

i dont understand this logic. lets say sum dude had a lambo. i drove a sti. spent the $300 000 difference in upgrades i would still be totally behind. because im still driving a fucking Subaru. plus id look like a fucking moron spending 300k on a car worth a tenth of the price.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #100
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
^
What he's trying to say is, there are a lot of other things in life that are far more important than fast and expensive cars.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote