REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #101
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Is this the same FB RX7 Zulu?

If so, good job on the vette, that's just a little bit of an upgrade hey?
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #102
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
lol, can't believe this is still going on. Just be happy with what you drive and stop shitting on other people's cars. If you keep bragging about your car, karma's gonna get you, and some idiots gonna run a red and T-bone your precious car. Then it's gone.

There's more to life than just cars.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #103
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

fwds might have less potential but i wouldn't say their performance is non
existent O.o?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...-EG6_34944.htm
Johnrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #104
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Once I went back to RWD it was hard to think of anything else ever again...until I saw the new Euro Focus RS. That is one car (If we ever saw it in Canada) that I would rock and its 100% FWD. This thing is an STi and Evo contender and because of its limited slip, has nearly zero torque steer. 305-hp, 2.5L five-cylinder motor with 325 lb-ft of torque!

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #105
Need my Daily Fix of RS

TOMEI-RB26DETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #106
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
Once I went back to RWD it was hard to think of anything else ever again...until I saw the new Euro Focus RS. That is one car (If we ever saw it in Canada) that I would rock and its 100% FWD. This thing is an STi and Evo contender and because of its limited slip, has nearly zero torque steer. 305-hp, 2.5L five-cylinder motor with 325 lb-ft of torque!

Looks better than the current gen STI too.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #107
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Looks better than the current gen STI too.
not to mention
IT SOUNDS BADASS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCT2...embedded#t=108
Johnrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #108
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I have pointed out in one of the post that it is the RevoKnuckle that does most of the job of keeping the contact patches on the ground. The Quaife LSD provides even power.

Hopefully RevoKnuckle will survive to the next generation and we will get it in the 11 Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #109
Banned (ABWS)

Bye Bye Lambo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
i dont understand this logic. lets say sum dude had a lambo. i drove a sti. spent the $300 000 difference in upgrades i would still be totally behind. because im still driving a fucking Subaru. plus id look like a fucking moron spending 300k on a car worth a tenth of the price.
No STI needed. A civic with 20G under the hood will do the job!

Notice; street tires on the civic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSk6atfuHA

Better view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE6X5AX_wN8

You were saying?
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #110
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
who cares if its faster than a lambo. its always gonna be a civic. which part of this do you not understand.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #111
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
who cares if its faster than a lambo. its always gonna be a civic. which part of this do you not understand.
That's because the brand and image are more important than you. Not everyone cares about that when they're buying a car.

Last edited by Rikaro; 09-28-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Rikaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #112
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I always think talk like this is funny.

Its kind of like those "Even if you win driving a Honda, your still retarded" pictures. Who is more retarded, the guy who drives the eco box, or the guy who just raced and lost to an eco box?

Im a car guy. I like cars. Doesn’t matter what it is, Ill give anyone respect if they like a car enough to put some effort and money into it. Doesn’t matter if its a Cavalier or Lambo, if you like it and its done tastefully, good on you. I personally like Hondas, a lot. Some guys dont, that’s okay.

But to say "who cars if its faster than a Lambo, its still a civic" is pretty goofy. The lambo took his car to a drag strip, and got knocked. That’s a funny race, the bottom basement civic Vs a very high end car. The bargain eco box wins.

Anyone would half a brain would take the Lambo over the civic, but give the guy some props for building what looks to be a pretty clean quick FWD car. Saying "who cares, its still a civic" just makes you sound butt hurt.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #113
My homepage has been set to RS

but its a lamborghini murcielago....

some of you guys remind me of the dude in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojB7KkaR03I
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #114
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^ A response from someone who has nothing better to say.
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #115
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chwkef View Post
but around here, expect to pay about $25,000 for a C5 Vette. Great. Now, I bought my GSR for about $4,000. So that leaves me with $21,000 in mods I'd have to make just to spend the same amount on my car as you did on yours. If I were to do that, the GSR would be well ahead of you. Of course, I'm not going to, because I have other financial priorities in my life like buying a house, but you should at least see what I'm saying here.
Let's run the numbers.
On CL, $25,000 can get you this Z06.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rc...393686391.html
or this regular C5.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...392443543.html

Say you had a GSR for $4000. What mods would you do with $21,000?
Say you spend $7K for a turbo kit. $2K on a set of light weight wheels and R-comp tires.
$3K for coil-overs, sway bars, and strut tower bars.
$1500 on an LSD, $500-1K for upgraded clutch, $$$ for an engine build. BBK?
Exhaust?
CF hood and trunk to save weight. Your $21K isn't going to go too far and will your GSR keep up with either of those 2 Vettes on the track? Say the only mods on either of those 2 cars are race pads and R-comp tires.
And can you DD that GSR with a heavy race clutch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #116
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
I would choose that lambo for DD over the civic even though the civic is faster (If I were to choose one for a drag race, i would choose the civic obviously).

OVERALL, for me the lambo is a far better car than that civic in the video. Everything from Aesthetics, driving experience(mid engine, V12, seating position, etc), identity, brand + model history and tradition, comfort, material of choice, quality, image, and a lot of unmeasurable factors that spanks that civic.

Chris Bangle refers to great cars as "art", which I can totally relate to. There is just so much more beyond performance in a car that a lot of people tend to neglect.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #117
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
That turbo Civic VS murcielago doesnt prove anything other than its a quick dragster.

It doesnt mean the Civic is BETTER than the murcielago. It just proves its FASTER in a straight line.

Murcielago would still win all around.

Lets take the same cars to a race track and do a lap. I think the lambo would win.

Take the same cars to, say Robson and cruise, I think the lambo would turn more heads.

Take the same cars to a nice scenic place for a photoshoot. I think the lambo would make more little boys jizz in their pants.

Props to the Civic's owner for building a car HE likes. But it still aint better than a Lambo imo.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #118
x_x

Is this really happening? A Honda is being put beside a Lamborghini for comparison? Please refrain from stating the complete obvious.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Let's run the numbers.
On CL, $25,000 can get you this Z06.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rc...393686391.html
or this regular C5.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...392443543.html

Say you had a GSR for $4000. What mods would you do with $21,000?
Say you spend $7K for a turbo kit. $2K on a set of light weight wheels and R-comp tires.
$3K for coil-overs, sway bars, and strut tower bars.
$1500 on an LSD, $500-1K for upgraded clutch, $$$ for an engine build. BBK?
Exhaust?
CF hood and trunk to save weight. Your $21K isn't going to go too far and will your GSR keep up with either of those 2 Vettes on the track? Say the only mods on either of those 2 cars are race pads and R-comp tires.
And can you DD that GSR with a heavy race clutch?

If he's buying a $4k GSR odds are he can't afford the $7k to make it go fast in the first place.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #120
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicTypeRice View Post
No STI needed. A civic with 20G under the hood will do the job!

Notice; street tires on the civic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSk6atfuHA

Better view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE6X5AX_wN8

You were saying?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #121
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
If he's buying a $4k GSR odds are he can't afford the $7k to make it go fast in the first place.

Good point.
Who remembers a few years ago when Sport Compact had their first Ultimate Street Car challenge?
The winner was a bone stock Ferarri on Hoosier tires. How does this relate to this topic, well the stock Z06 on Hoosiers tires is going to be fast at the drag strip, autoX, and track.
Because it is stock, it is fine as a DD and will have little to no mechanical issues.
Take that turbo'd GSR and keep a spare tranny and drive shafts in case those break at the track. Save some money for a motor rebuild incase you detonate the motor.
And you will be cursing your head off when you are stuck in stop and go traffic with the race clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #122
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
That turbo Civic VS murcielago doesnt prove anything other than its a quick dragster.

It doesnt mean the Civic is BETTER than the murcielago. It just proves its FASTER in a straight line.

Murcielago would still win all around.

Lets take the same cars to a race track and do a lap. I think the lambo would win.

Take the same cars to, say Robson and cruise, I think the lambo would turn more heads.

Take the same cars to a nice scenic place for a photoshoot. I think the lambo would make more little boys jizz in their pants.

Props to the Civic's owner for building a car HE likes. But it still aint better than a Lambo imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmhaze View Post
Is this really happening? A Honda is being put beside a Lamborghini for comparison? Please refrain from stating the complete obvious.
The argument was that a FWD econobox could never match the ability of a more powerful, focus-driven RWD performance car. There was never any intention of comparing the sex appeal and desirability of a Lamborghini to a Civic. You guys are trying to read far too much into something that was never there to begin with.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #123
How I Mod your mother

I cant believe i'm going to say this, but I really want a Focus RS after watching that video
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #124

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
I always think talk like this is funny.

Its kind of like those "Even if you win driving a Honda, your still retarded" pictures. Who is more retarded, the guy who drives the eco box, or the guy who just raced and lost to an eco box?

Im a car guy. I like cars. Doesn’t matter what it is, Ill give anyone respect if they like a car enough to put some effort and money into it. Doesn’t matter if its a Cavalier or Lambo, if you like it and its done tastefully, good on you. I personally like Hondas, a lot. Some guys dont, that’s okay.

But to say "who cars if its faster than a Lambo, its still a civic" is pretty goofy. The lambo took his car to a drag strip, and got knocked. That’s a funny race, the bottom basement civic Vs a very high end car. The bargain eco box wins.

Anyone would half a brain would take the Lambo over the civic, but give the guy some props for building what looks to be a pretty clean quick FWD car. Saying "who cares, its still a civic" just makes you sound butt hurt.
are there any times in the video. for all we know the guy in the lambo was taking it easy. seeing isnt believing when it comes to the internet buddy. lol for fuck sakes. look at the first video. did you notice how awesome the first two cars were. then u see the civic doing the gayest burnout ever. lol. u wanna give "props" to that? a civic will always be a civic. honestly. if a mustang were the one killing the lambo you would definatley say the same thing. "oh fuck it, lambo is stock, mustang modded. its just a RUSTang"

you wanna see what really is a good comparison? take a stock fox body mustang. about 10g. buy a civic worth the same price. both each add 20g in mods to it. do you seriously think the civic will be faster? give me a break.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #125
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

If it was a mustang beating the Lambo, good on him. Do I see it as the same accomplishment? Not really, as bank for buck, it’s pretty hard to beat a well modded mustang. Still though, Your assumption I would jump up and say "fucking mustang" is again, pretty weak on your part and also incorrect. I would actually probably laugh and just think about how pissed the Lambo owner would be as he watched the mustang pass him. If you read my post, you would see, Ill respect anything done tastefully if someone loves it enough to put the effort in. I have no issues with mustangs. Apparently you have a pretty big problem with Civics that maybe you should look into. Again, your just coming off butt hurt. I'm wondering why?

Your argument then meanders into something that is not even remotely related to what we are talking about. But Ill play along.

Your right, put both those cars together with the same amount in them, and the Mustang would probably EAT the Civic. So when a guy builds a Civic that can tear one down, why can’t you give him props? Because he didn’t sign the same check as you? Or is it because in your eyes “It’ll always be a Civic”? Great argument. How does this relate to FWD Performance again?

Built not bought still means something to some people, myself included. A car that’s built well with tasteful parts will always get more respect from me that someone who can sign a big check. Would I take the Civic over the Lambo? Of course not. Does the guy who owns the Lambo care what I think? Obviously not. Was that what we were talking about? Nope. We were talking about FWD performance. Does it exist? The video above illustrates it does along with countless Grassroots racing Chamionships and wins in all sorts of diffrent racing classes from Pro to your local Solo 2. Nuff said.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: