REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   I like to Ride my Bicycle... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598760-i-like-ride-my-bicycle.html)

hud 91gt 06-01-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8250956)

But as Alphamale says, "Shut the fuck up and just go ride, okay?" :alone:

Haha, I like this.

Although, my buddy just picked up a set of those Chinese Carbon wheelsets, and he picked up on average 1-2km/h from whatever came on his Trek Madone 2.1. Granted his average is around 31km/h so I'm assuming there is a bigger aerodynamic advantage the faster you are. Meanwhile, I was getting beatin' up by the wind on my first trip out to Iona today lol.

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 06:46 PM

Wow, 30km/h average? That's pretty gangster. I can only DREAM of going at that speed. :alone:

To be honest, commuting/riding my steel Cinelli so far has the best returns and gains. It's heavy as fuck so you're forced to just ride and push yourself. And then I get onto the Guru or Cannondale and it's just like - :sweetjesus:

Average speed up by 3 - 5km/h. :okay:

hud 91gt 06-01-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8250976)
Wow, 30km/h average? That's pretty gangster. I can only DREAM of going at that speed. :alone:

It makes my legs/lungs hurt just thinking about it lol.

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 8251003)
It makes my legs/lungs hurt just thinking about it lol.

Speaking of legs...

Did you receive your order of bib shorts and jerseys from ProBikeKit? Alphamale and I received both. The jerseys fit, but a tad form fitting from what we're used to.

The bib shorts however - weird as fuck. The chamois doesn't extend as far back, and doesn't even reach our sit bones. So we were wondering if you've received and tried them on yet. We'll be returning the bib shorts. They're just TOO weird fitting.

hud 91gt 06-01-2013 08:37 PM

Nothing, and i'm concerned. Left their department on the 20th.

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 8251041)
Nothing, and i'm concerned. Left their department on the 20th.

We ordered our stuff on the 12th and received it last week, so about 2 weeks'ish. Hopefully yours arrives next week. Let me know how it works for you!

hud 91gt 06-01-2013 08:48 PM

I def will. It said expect the package in a few days. I hope their few is 10-14 lol. A bakers few perhaps?

roastpuff 06-01-2013 09:12 PM

Good to hear about the chamois on the bib shorts, I was about to order them. Really good price but I'd the gear doesn't fit well then it's not worth it
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 09:19 PM

Yeah, don't do it. Unless you are tall and lanky like Brad Wiggins, pass on it. Not worth the hassle. Even my counterfeit, sweat shop Made in China knock-off Rapha kit is 10x better than this. :pokerface:

Ch28 06-01-2013 09:59 PM

link to knock off rapha kit? :lol

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 10:16 PM

ÌÔ±¦Íø - ÌÔ£¡ÎÒϲ»¶ (Chinese site)

Search "Rapha." It's the kit with the stripes. Seriously, guys, laugh all you want, but the chamois is fucking insane.

PHATFLIP_14 06-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8251109)
ÌÔ±¦Íø - ÌÔ£¡ÎÒϲ»¶ (Chinese site)

Search "Rapha." It's the kit with the stripes. Seriously, guys, laugh all you want, but the chamois is fucking insane.

Insane good or bad?

Just wondering. Are these prices in CAD funds? Do they ship internationally?

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 10:25 PM

Insane good. The fit and overall finish isn't Rapha quality but it was like $40 for the full kit. You read correct - $40!

I think it's Chinese RMB. I would NOT recommend buying from them. I was lucky and a friend was living in China at the time so he got it for me.

I would NOT trust them to ship stuff to Canada. LOL!

dat_steve 06-01-2013 10:46 PM

for the guys who commute - i currently use a northface backpack i've had forever and it holds everything just find and feels pretty comfortable. my only beef with it is that it gets really warm and and my shirts get soaked at the straps and the back lol

besides panniers, anyone have any recommendations?

bcrdukes 06-01-2013 10:47 PM

Rapha backpack. No joke. (I have one.)

chunk_stir 06-01-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat_steve (Post 8251126)
for the guys who commute - i currently use a northface backpack i've had forever and it holds everything just find and feels pretty comfortable. my only beef with it is that it gets really warm and and my shirts get soaked at the straps and the back lol

You can get cycling backpacks with mesh that suspends the bag off your back. Still get sweat on the straps. But better than a dripping back.

Backpacks - Deuter Sport GmbH & Co. KG

or
I picked up one by this company - detours. They don't seem to sell them anymore. Here is a similar model
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detours-Cycling-Backpack-Bike-Travel-Biking-Day-Pack-Bike-Hydration-Bag-Tote-NEW-/380650042568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a082b4c8

Ch28 06-01-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat_steve (Post 8251126)

Deuter Race EXP Air Daypack - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

Tried it on @ MEC.

Bag felt great at ensuring your back gets good ventilation

604CEFIRO 06-02-2013 08:36 AM

Effin' BEAUTIFUL out there today, real windy tho. Looks like we're about to get 2 weeks of solid sun! Snippin' off my fenders today lol

PHATFLIP_14 06-02-2013 01:41 PM

Sorry if this will be a long post.

Went out and did Stanley Park (Prospect Point Hill) repeats, as it was hella nice outside. Often, I would be around 4 minute mark and struggled to break into high 3 minute mark.

Last Thursday, decided to attack (out of saddle) just after the first curve. The rest of the way got back on the saddle, tried to stay relax and kept my hands on the tops. The next curve, out of saddle for as long as I can.
Clocked in at 3:36 as per Strava.

Today, tried Will (604cefiro)'s tips. Attacked the moment I got into first curve and held it as long as I can. Back on the saddle, hands on the tops (tried to stay relax) and attacked a bit again after the second curve as long as possible. Finally, till the top as I was panting :alone:.
PR at 3:18 as per Strava :fuckyea:

Bike Ride Profile | Prospect Point Repeats near Vancouver | Times and Records | Strava

bcrdukes 06-02-2013 06:35 PM

That's some crazy shit. :pokerface:

Anyways, went on a poser ride with GREddie today and stopped by Musette for a quick coffee/washroom break.
http://www.trianglecafe.ca/misc/bcrd...ette_june2.jpg

kayceeee 06-02-2013 07:06 PM

went for a few laps of stanley park as well, couldnt improve on my time of 4:32. did it exactly the same as last time according to strava.

does it just happen to me but some stats are way off from garmin n strava, for ex, top speed on garmin is like 54 but strava shows 60+.

bcrdukes 06-02-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayceeee (Post 8251535)
went for a few laps of stanley park as well, couldnt improve on my time of 4:32. did it exactly the same as last time according to strava.

Tough to say but get your fitting done and then go for another ride and see how it goes. Remember what works/doesn't work now, then keep that in mind after your fitting, then take the details back to John for a follow up.

Edit: I will quote Alphamale again. :troll:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale
Just shut the fuck up and ride more, okay?

Kilinim 06-02-2013 07:35 PM

Did the Prospera Valley GranFondo today. 165k of awesome.
Posted via RS Mobile

tipy 06-02-2013 07:39 PM

can anyone explain what is "Prospect Point Climb" please?

OTG-ZR2 06-02-2013 08:49 PM

My edge 500 froze up on me tonight. Did some searching and managed to reboot it by Press and hold MENU / POWER / RESET

All is well now.