REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   I like to Ride my Bicycle... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598760-i-like-ride-my-bicycle.html)

azncreationz 04-13-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnDeadMage (Post 8210901)
hey so i notice most of you have saddle bags and i was wondering what do you put into it for rides? like there should be a multitool and inner tubes. what inner tubes do you guys typically use for road bikes?
Posted via RS Mobile

Same as everyone else, as well as, $10 bill in case I need to skytrain/bus home if I have severe mechanical failure or my body fails me. Or to buy a beer. Or you can use it to boot a tire if need be. I also carry a foldable spare tire as well, since you never know on those longer rides.

azncreationz 04-13-2013 12:30 PM

Just another wake up call to everyone to ride safe!
Out on our group ride this morning to Iona from River Road, one of the guys crashed going over the railroad tracks at No.6 Rd and Vulcan Way. He said he was okay, but we took no chances and called the ambulance, because it was apparent that he hit his head. Cracked helmet. Ambulance came within 10 minutes and took him away. By that time, he was starting to feel dizzy, and couldn't remember certain things. Even the paramedic said this isn't his 1st time to this particular location. The tracks there are on an angle and isn't the smoothest at that location.
So with that, urge you guys to ride safe, and prepared! Meaning, ride with people, cell phone, emergency contact, ID, carecard, etc!!! Yes, he was an experienced rider, but accidents can happen to anyone!

hud 91gt 04-13-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekaw (Post 8210941)
A lot of roadies!

here are my rides for this season

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9305033/p4pb9305033.jpg

'10 fox 40 rc2
2013/m820 shimano saint shifter,der
m820 saint brakes
sixc 165mm crank
sixc(red) bars
straitline red dm stem
schwalbe muddy mary 26x2.35 f&R
straitline defacto JL edition pedals
blackspire der guide
med wilson carbon frame
canecreek 350lbs Ti Spring.
ex325 on dt 350 hubs
wtb silverado saddles

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...44743632_o.jpg

trail bike is mostly stock with exception of shorter stem, new bar, wheelset and tires

Looking to pick up a Reign here in the next month or two. Can't wait to hit up the trails again :p This road stuff is growing on me, but I miss the dirt.

OTG-ZR2 04-13-2013 02:40 PM

^Hope your friend is doing ok. Sounds like he took a really hard spill to crack his helmet.

bcrdukes 04-13-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8211098)
I just don't see how they can't make a price adjustment after the order has been shipped out.

I've done that with so many other online companies before. The thing that pisses me off even more, is that he said it was shipped by the time he got to the email. There was 20 hours in between when I sent the email, and when I received a response.

Maybe try sending another e-mail. If they still refuse, order another one on sale and return the one that they charged you full price. Tell them you intend to return it if they won't make the price adjustment and you don't feel it's fair. It sucks but it might hurt them more on the return. :fullofwin:

Ch28 04-13-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8211292)
Maybe try sending another e-mail. If they still refuse, order another one on sale and return the one that they charged you full price. Tell them you intend to return it if they won't make the price adjustment and you don't feel it's fair. It sucks but it might hurt them more on the return. :fullofwin:

Shipping the items back means that I have to pay for postage to ship to UK = $$$

They'll only give you a $25GBP credit for shipping if the item is defective :(

I emailed the guy that responded to my email, and I also sent them a feedback email regarding the situation. HOPEFULLY, something gets done. To deny someone a price adjustment like this is stupid

bcrdukes 04-13-2013 05:21 PM

Oh shiet, I didn't know shipping back to them was not free. :(

bcrdukes 04-13-2013 05:56 PM

Oh haiz... :pokerface:

UFO 04-13-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8211337)
Shipping the items back means that I have to pay for postage to ship to UK = $$$

They'll only give you a $25GBP credit for shipping if the item is defective :(

I emailed the guy that responded to my email, and I also sent them a feedback email regarding the situation. HOPEFULLY, something gets done. To deny someone a price adjustment like this is stupid

I feel your pain. At the same time you were willing to buy your stuff without that discount, and still saved a bunch vs buying locally. Don't lose too much sleep or get too worked up about it, there are more important things in life than a few bucks :)

Gtrr33 04-13-2013 08:20 PM

i need your input guys, i saw this bike on pinkbikes, it seems like a fully loaded bike, but its a carbon frame.. what should i watch out for?
Argon18 Platinum - Full Carbon/Ultegra/Ksyrium SL - Pinkbike

TIA

bcrdukes 04-13-2013 08:29 PM

Might want to ask:
- How old is the bike / What year it's made (I think it's a 2008 model)
- Any crashes (most people will say no anyway hahaha)
- Look the frame over carefully and see if there are any cracks
- Ask which year the groupset is (there are different years/versions of Ultegra)
- If you are dead set on buying it, play it safe and ask if you can have a pre-purchase inspection at a reputable bike shop (Speed Theory, La Bicicletta, Strada Cycles, Jubilee Cycles, Caps/Westood Cycles etc.)

I think the Platinum is discontinued and I'm unsure if it was replaced by a newer model.

Gtrr33 04-13-2013 08:31 PM

gonna go see it this weekend. thx bcrdukes

bcrdukes 04-13-2013 08:35 PM

Overall, looks like a nice bike. Keep in mind, Argon 18 is a niche brand so if and when you ever decide to sell it, it may be tough because there aren't very many around.

Side note - Argon 18 is also known as the douche bag bike. :troll:

chunk_stir 04-13-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat_steve (Post 8210298)
oh shit that's you?

i've been watching that ad for a while now lol post pics!

Pics up here:
http://i.imgur.com/jAcaUXi.jpg

PM me for any questions or to view.

dat_steve 04-13-2013 11:15 PM

First late night cruise with some buddies. Did a loop around Stanley park and sprinted through the dt core on the empty streets checking out the *ahem scenery. Then rode to ubc and just got home. Total ride was about 50k...on the fixed gear :D
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 04-13-2013 11:31 PM

^
I don't think you need a new bike, dude. :badpokerface:

dat_steve 04-13-2013 11:48 PM

I feel like I need new legs right now lol I think I'll stick to hard parking at musette with the fixie

@ 604cefiro –you alive buddy? Freakin whistler in the middle of April
Posted via RS Mobile

triplexcel 04-14-2013 08:15 AM

who here is a rookie mtb biker? looking for some ppl to ride with :P

Alphamale 04-14-2013 08:29 AM

For those with the 4000s, It's a directional tire, FYI. LOL. I made a rookie mistake.

When I installed it, I tried to look for arrow but didn't see anything. Thankfully it was only one tire installed backwards. As far as I know, the indicator for direction is only on one side(?). So just make sure and don't do what I did!

tipy 04-14-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 8211796)
For those with the 4000s, It's a directional tire, FYI. LOL. I made a rookie mistake.

When I installed it, I tried to look for arrow but didn't see anything. Thankfully it was only one tire installed backwards. As far as I know, the indicator for direction is only on one side(?). So just make sure and don't do what I did!

i didnt notice until i see your post. the tread dont look directional

tipy 04-14-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplexcel (Post 8211788)
who here is a rookie mtb biker? looking for some ppl to ride with :P

i got myself a dirt jumper last summer.
i m going to try some trail at ubc this afternoon with a friend
and let u know how it goes

OTG-ZR2 04-14-2013 08:48 AM

Good looking day for a ride. I'm going to hit up SFU again, come down BBY side and loop around Barnett HWY. Maybe hitup Ioco Rd. and Belcarra. Going to need a couple water stops as I'm down to 1 cage.

triplexcel 04-14-2013 09:30 AM

Thinking of going to SFU later this afternoon. First downhill session this year :)

Ch28 04-14-2013 02:48 PM

Fell again as I was unclipping at Marine Drive and Glenlyon Parkway.

:fuuuuu:
Posted via RS Mobile

604CEFIRO 04-14-2013 05:02 PM

Hehe... I took Sara for her first ride from Richmond to Stanley Park and back... She fell in the middle of the intersection at Yukon and King Edward lol... Was kind of funny