REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #6351
Need to Seek Professional Help

Yep. It's a single speed. It's a fantastic bike! I'm spinning 80 rpm cadence and I'll be at 25kms/h

Dead quiet like a ninja, keeps my pants clean when I ride to and from work. I actually set some of my personal bests on strava with this unit and some clip ins going up hills.
Advertisement

SHIZEN SUSHI
1706 Government
381 8228

www.shizensushi.ca
aKa_Ricerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #6352
I subscribe to Revscene

always been interested in belt drives, my old boss had one and loved it.

i think one of my best times up prospect point was on my fix
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:01 AM   #6353
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
friend is flying in from out of town and wants to rent a tt bike. does anyone know where we could rent one?
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #6354
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
friend is flying in from out of town and wants to rent a tt bike. does anyone know where we could rent one?
I know Speed Theory rents out wetsuits, but not sure about bikes. I think La Bicicletta rents out bikes though.
La Bicicletta Pro Shop, Metro Vancouver's Premium Road Bike Store & Cervélo Retailer.
And apparently Spokes near Stanley Park rents out road bikes.
If all that fails, you can try Spinlister. It's like AirBNB, but for bikes.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #6355
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
if anyone is looking for riding glasses...
sorry I've only got potato camera
Oakley Prizm Trail Radar EV Path
authentic, have receipt from oakley canada.
$180

http://www.revscene.net/forums/70610...r-ev-path.html
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #6356
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Just a couple more bikes I got recently, and as usual, all are for sale!
Giant OCR3 46cm. Yes, it's super tiny!

Norco Tactik Dirt Jumper, this one REALLY feels like a tank.

KHS DJ25, feels like a heavier tank!

Specialized StumpJumper...classic! Even has rear hydraulic Magura rim brakes.

Okay, I really can't fit anymore bikes in my bike room now...but N+1...
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #6357
I subscribe to Revscene

Another code in my inbox, 15% off Rapha (one time use, so have at it):

LC7-45CB-TZHW-2NT2

Offer expires 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, 22nd November 2015.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #6358
I subscribe to Revscene

Oh and if anyone's looking to sell their Kurt Kinetic or Cycleops fluid trainer lmk!
Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #6359
dru
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

15% off Rapha: LC7-4H5N-CNB8-CB6B

Got it in an email and don't plan on buying anything. Probably single use so if you use it let everyone else know!
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:19 PM   #6360
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
Another code in my inbox, 15% off Rapha (one time use, so have at it):

LC7-45CB-TZHW-2NT2

Offer expires 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, 22nd November 2015.
Thanks! I used this one. Been meaning to buy the super lightweight kit for next summer!

I'm subbed to the Rapha newsletters and I've purchased a couple products from them, wonder why I don't get these emails...?

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #6361
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Today was shit. Nanaimo flooded between 41st and 45th. tried to take my bike through and I was soaked by the time I got into work even through the water proof soft shell. Man, the things I do.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #6362
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizz View Post
I'm subbed to the Rapha newsletters and I've purchased a couple products from them, wonder why I don't get these emails...?
They sent it to me as a "we miss you" type of deal. Last time i shopped was about 3 months ago, so maybe you just need to not buy anything for a while lol
Old 11-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #6363
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Showers Pass Elite 2.1 Men's Cycling Jacket - Medium

I'm selling a Showers Pass Elite eVent jacket in "Like New" condition. Size Medium. Purchased last season at MEC for $315+tax ($350), still retails for exact same now. Barely worm as I lost a lot of weight and became a Rapha nuthugging brand whore. Been hanging in my closet since.

Fully taped seams. Light weight. Reflective stripes. 3 layer eVent material. Breathable. Pit zips. Pockets front chest and rear back. Big zipper pulls for easy use with gloves.

Excellent wet / winter / commuting cycling jacket.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #6364
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Today was shit. Nanaimo flooded between 41st and 45th. tried to take my bike through and I was soaked by the time I got into work even through the water proof soft shell. Man, the things I do.
hehe. i pedaled my way through knee deep of flood on Central Valley Greenway near Costco Willingdon. That was on my way home Thursday night when rain was strong. broke my front lower fender mounts, my stuff in my pannier was all wet, didn't realize rain/sewage water seeped in my water bottle cause i left it open and i drank from it. was gross. so from that area to Surrey i didn't have any water to drink. was too lazy to stop by a gas station for water refills. just wanted to get home asap. haha
mc.jolaika is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #6365
ZN6

Today was another shit day. I think after last week's shit storm of riding and today's toe freezing. I'm done riding in the winter rain...
Old 11-17-2015, 12:57 AM   #6366
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
For those who ride faster than 40km, does counter steering apply to bicycles as well when turning, like motorcycles?
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:13 AM   #6367
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Yup. Lack of a motor doesn't change physics. Although when i'm riding, I'm certainly not thinking of counter steering. There is much less weight to be pushing around.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #6368

Quote:
Today was another shit day. I think after last week's shit storm of riding and today's toe freezing. I'm done riding in the winter rain...
What are you wearing through the wet winter when you ride? It's all about the gear, you don't need the best, but the most effective.

You should have full length winter bib tights, DWR on it would help a bit, but in torrential down pour, you will get soaked anyways so it's all about staying comfortable. Socks, should be wool/merino wool, period. There are different types of merino wool socks, so purchase ones depending on weather/temperature. Cycling shoes, if you're still wearing your one pair of summer cycling shoes you better have an AWESOME pair of overshoes and even better winter tights to make sure the water sheds off your legs and feet. Your winter tights should go over top of your overshoes, if not all you will do is have water running down your leg and into your overshoes/socks/shoes and you will get soaked within minutes. Front and rear fenders WITH fender extensions that extend the front and rear fender to within 2 inches of the ground.

If you have the money for a pair of winter cycling shoes, Specialized Defroster Road shoes...

A lot of folks ride throughout the year regardless of how hard it rains, it's all about gearing up correctly

Old 11-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #6369
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
For those who ride faster than 40km, does counter steering apply to bicycles as well when turning, like motorcycles?
Counter steering does help keep balance. It happens even at 10KM/h. It definitely helps with wet leaves and low traction.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #6370
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
What are you wearing through the wet winter when you ride? It's all about the gear, you don't need the best, but the most effective.

You should have full length winter bib tights, DWR on it would help a bit, but in torrential down pour, you will get soaked anyways so it's all about staying comfortable. Socks, should be wool/merino wool, period. There are different types of merino wool socks, so purchase ones depending on weather/temperature. Cycling shoes, if you're still wearing your one pair of summer cycling shoes you better have an AWESOME pair of overshoes and even better winter tights to make sure the water sheds off your legs and feet. Your winter tights should go over top of your overshoes, if not all you will do is have water running down your leg and into your overshoes/socks/shoes and you will get soaked within minutes. Front and rear fenders WITH fender extensions that extend the front and rear fender to within 2 inches of the ground.

If you have the money for a pair of winter cycling shoes, Specialized Defroster Road shoes...

A lot of folks ride throughout the year regardless of how hard it rains, it's all about gearing up correctly

I got specialized mountain bike shoes to pair with my bike now. They are water resistant but not water proof. I also have the winter full bib too but I'll probably have to layer up more. Those thermal gloves I got from Giant don't do squat. I'll probably need better winter gloves. Thanks for the suggestions. It will be a lot of gear shopping this boxing day.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #6371

GORE Bike Wear makes excellent winter gloves. I am still using my GORE Countdown gloves from 3 years ago for wet winter, when it gets below 0* I wear merino liners + the gloves. The Countdown gloves were discontinued, but the new version is called Xenon Gore-Tex Gloves, reasonably priced at $90.

( Unisex XENON GORE-TEX® Gloves | GORE BIKE WEAR® )
Old 11-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #6372
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
GORE Bike Wear makes excellent winter gloves. I am still using my GORE Countdown gloves from 3 years ago for wet winter, when it gets below 0* I wear merino liners + the gloves. The Countdown gloves were discontinued, but the new version is called Xenon Gore-Tex Gloves, reasonably priced at $90.

( Unisex XENON GORE-TEX® Gloves | GORE BIKE WEAR® )
Anywhere local to get these gloves?
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #6373

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
Anywhere local to get these gloves?
Lots of lbs sell Gore: https://www.goreapparel.com/on/deman...t/mStores-Find

West Point cycles, mighty riders, Bicicletta, speed theory, different bikes, almost all shops carry it.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #6374
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
I got specialized mountain bike shoes to pair with my bike now. They are water resistant but not water proof. I also have the winter full bib too but I'll probably have to layer up more. Those thermal gloves I got from Giant don't do squat. I'll probably need better winter gloves. Thanks for the suggestions. It will be a lot of gear shopping this boxing day.

I ordered these a couple weeks ago. Tried it already. Kept my feet dry through downpour of rain for about an 1.2hrs of commute to work. I have yet to try it on longer rides.

veloToze Tall Cycling Shoe Covers

Just really hard to put on. Like they say, its "foot condoms". Careful putting them on and off cause you can tear them pretty easy.
mc.jolaika is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 AM   #6375

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc.jolaika View Post
I ordered these a couple weeks ago. Tried it already. Kept my feet dry through downpour of rain for about an 1.2hrs of commute to work. I have yet to try it on longer rides.

veloToze Tall Cycling Shoe Covers

Just really hard to put on. Like they say, its "foot condoms". Careful putting them on and off cause you can tear them pretty easy.
Bro these look like they would work well!! Because of how it "seals" at the top

Is the material rubber like?

Any fleece on the inside? Sweaty feet at all?