REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #6401
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Those are like 2 different kind of bikes. The CAADX is a Cyclocross while the Quick CX 2 is like a hybrid with front shocks and beefer tires.

The CAADX probably has nicer road bike stuff, weighs probably 18-20lbs, while the CX-2 has mtb stuff and weights probably 25-30lbs.

Both bikes are fine for riding around. I bought a hybrid as my first bike but eventually switched to a road bike after seeing grandpa's and grandma's in road bikes effortlessly pass me.
Advertisement
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #6402
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ Yea after some research I wrote off the Quick CX-2, forgot to remove it. On the short list is the Schwinn Super Sport CX for the price compared to the CAADX. But its hard to find any decent information about the Schwinn, let alone somewhere locally that has it. Options for me are limited by external factors which is why I am looking at the Schwinn. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #6403
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Putting a feeler out there over the winter until Spring.

May move onto another bike next season.

Cervelo S2 w/ SRAM Red & 2015 ZIPP 60 - Size 51cm - Like New

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 12-22-2015 at 08:38 PM.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #6404
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Where the Boxing Day sales at???
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #6405

Rapha.cc sale on now, hasn't been advertised yet the prices changed over night
Old 12-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #6406

Ok, my own boxing week clearance. Who's building their bikes??
Anyone need some mountain bike bars? Aluminum flat bars, riser bars, 25.4/31.8mm clamp. Some used, some new, some name brand, some no-name, some OEM. $5 each! Drop road bars, same. There were some photos a few pages back.
16T or 18T single speed cogs, brand new, fits Shimano. $2 each.
Assorted miscellaneous other bike parts! Ask away!
Old 01-02-2016, 10:07 PM   #6407
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
If anybody is keeping up to date with the bike scene, prices will be creeping up on just about everything.

Deals will be harder to come by, especially for Cannondale fanboys. Dorel has raised their prices by 10% this year and sales will be very hard to come by. RIP Cannondale fall specials and CAD exchange.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #6408
I subscribe to Revscene

kurt kinetic road machines are on sale on amazon.ca for 309 plus free shipping. pissed because i just picked one up off CL for close to that and i thought i got a good deal!

stfu 604CEFIRO and you other cold weather sadists who ride through snow, sleet, meteors, etc - my delicate skin doesn't take well to the cold.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #6409

Hehehe, #HTFU

Spend the extra cash on a Smart Trainer...For those who have used "Dumb" trainers, it gets boring fast... there's only so much tv/music/closing your eyes you can do... A lot of folks now using Swift for winter training and it looks pretty fun. Smart trainers allow the app/game to control the resistance to simulate hills etc. Some trainers can also simulate downhill etc so u get a more real road feel.

My club buddies are recommending the Tacx Vortex Smart ($440 shipped Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer | Evans Cycles ) or the Tacx Bushido Smart ($598 shipped Tacx Bushido Smart Trainer | Evans Cycles ) if you are on a budget.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:46 PM   #6410

FYI, if anyone's looking for size Small and Medium Rapha items, the following are brand new and was purchased during the Rapha sale. These items are now SOLD OUT in the color and size. If you're interested PM me. Otherwise it'll be returned later this week.

Brand New Rapha Items - Aerosuit Aero Jersey Climbers Jersey & more

Pro Team Aerosuit - BLACK - Small $303.00
Pro Team Climbers Jersey - CORAL - Medium $191.00
Pro Team Aero Jersey - CORAL - Medium $168.00
Pro Team Socks - LONG CORAL - Medium $23.00
Super Lightweight Jersey - BLACK - Medium $146.00
Old 01-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #6411
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
Just picked up my new frame and just waiting for few more bits from shimano
2014 s-works enduro 29 Limited edition, Troy lee deisgns

mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #6412

Recommendations on where I can bring my bike in for tuning/cable management etc? I just bought the bike and it came in a box, so I just assembled all the components onto the bike, but I would like a professional to make sure everything is up to par. I'm a noob. Thanks
Old 01-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #6413
Need my Daily Fix of RS

What area do you live in? There are a few good bike shops in Vancouver, i would try to start a relationship with a bike shop thats local to you.
henry604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #6414
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
I've tried using Velofix and have had a good experience with them. And the best part is they come to you. Mobile Bike Shop - velofix

As for a brick and mortar store, Pacific Multisport is a good one as recommended by bcrdukes. Get a fitting while you're at it as well.
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2016, 10:35 PM   #6415

Most convenient for me would be somewhere around Mount Pleasant or else on Main south till 41st Ave. Pacific seems to fit the criteria. Now all I need is a bike mount for my car.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #6416
Need my Daily Fix of RS

West Broadway between Main and Cambie has a few bike shops worth checking out. For Super easy things, MEC is a good resource. They generally have pretty good service and try to help you out as best they can without nickel and dimming you.

Our Community Bikes is a good place if you want to learn how to work on your bike with guidance from their mechanics.
henry604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #6417

Eventually it would be nice to know how to work on my own bike, but for now, I just would like it set up haha
Old 01-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #6418
RS Veteran

I cannot recommend Pacific Multisport for a full bike build, especially if you did not buy from them.

However, keep in mind, a lot of shops would prefer not to, but if they agreed to, you'd be paying full price and at this time of year, there could be a bit of a wait time.

Edit: I should elaborate on this - I cannot recommend Pacific Multisport for full bike builds, especially when you did not buy from them because some customers brought in obscure bikes from online that were pieces of junk and got mad at them when their frames were bad to begin with. The bottom brackets could not be installed (on top of other reasons.) They didn't want to build a half-assed bike and tell the customer "it's good" in good conscience. So rather than get slagged and bitched at, they simply prefer not to do it. I guess their justification was, they would rather lose a sale/build/customer, than build a shit bike, hand it back, and take off with their money and get bitched at later.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 01-24-2016 at 07:51 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Most convenient for me would be somewhere around Mount Pleasant or else on Main south till 41st Ave. Pacific seems to fit the criteria. Now all I need is a bike mount for my car.
What kind of bike is it? I think you should match the type of bike with the type of shop. IE: if it's a cruiser/vintage type, then go to Denman Cycles on Main Street. If it's a mountain bike, then maybe Dunbar Cycles on Broadway. Steel road bike, then Kissing Crows Cyclcery on Main. Or if it's just a general bike, like a hybrid or single speed, then perhaps Ride-On, or if it's a cheaper bike, then maybe A-1 Cycles. Or yes, bring it to Our Community Bikes and learn how to do it yourself. All of those shops are located in Mt. Pleasant area. Have fun!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #6420

Ended up buying a Schwinn Super Sport CX brand new because I was able to get a good deal on it and anything similar from a more well bought brand would be 2 times more than what I paid.

The bike itself is more or less put together and is one piece now, so really I would just need tuning adjustments at this point.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #6421
RS Veteran

Watch the tutorials on Art's Cyclery. They will walk you through on how to make adjustments to your front and rear deraileurs.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 05:18 AM   #6422

Well, there goes another bike shop into history. O-Hagen's (Peninsula Cycles) in White Rock has gone bankrupt... Who's next?

Ha, think I'll answer my own question: Strada Cycles is next on the chopping block. Go get your bargains!

Last edited by azncreationz; 01-29-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #6423
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Well, there goes another bike shop into history. O-Hagen's (Peninsula Cycles) in White Rock has gone bankrupt... Who's next?

Ha, think I'll answer my own question: Strada Cycles is next on the chopping block. Go get your bargains!
curious as to what the reasoning for Strada would be?? i always thought those high end shops were crushing it. i always seem to have the cheapest/oldest/poorest bike on the road, so these ballers have to be getting theirs from somewhere!

(still on the Caad10 btw. sigh.)
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #6424

Re: Strada

I'm not in a high enough tax bracket to even be considered a qualified customer of Strada, but IMO their product lines are so niche and high end that they don't carry anything else but bianchi wilier and assos.

Also the times that I have tried to go to their shop, it's always closed. Their hours were rediculous. They justified their hours by posting that they were on bike rides... Well, if you're too busy riding instead of selling, then your business is prime to tank. Second, can't say their customer service was high end either, gf and I went their to buy something and it was closed. The owner road up to go inside and told us they were closed and to come back another day. Told the person I wanted to buy something and was told again to come back during business hours. No problem! Never went back to them ever again.

I do know inside info as to the reasons as I have riding mates that are friends with them but I won't post it in respect for them.

I'm sure their "closing sale" prices still would be out of reach for most middle class mortals ie.// me
Old 01-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #6425
RS Veteran

If I had to guess, the USD/CAD conversion is killing retailers? Just a guess.