REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #7601
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Anyone doing the ride to conquer cancer this coming weekend?
I've done it twice, so I think my sources are all tapped out for donations otherwise, i'd totally do it again if it wasn't a minimum $2500 donation requirement and the difference out of my own pocket.
Advertisement
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #7602
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Slammed stem guys: Any shops you recommend that can get this done for me?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #7603
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
any place is fine: ~ $30 bucks (measure twice, re-lube) and doing a short inspection etc.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #7604

More specifically which shop has done your bike?

I went to a couple of 'any' and they would not.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #7605
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Speed Theory gets my vote

There has been some really good talk about Veloholics on Fraser as well
Old 08-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #7606
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
More specifically which shop has done your bike?

I went to a couple of 'any' and they would not.
Bike Doctor did it for me - $10.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #7607

Veloholics.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:30 PM   #7608

anyone have garmin mounting solutions for road aero bars?

in specific the ec90 sl aero bar?

I would like to use an out front mount and my stem won't allow for the traditional garmin mount either because of the slope (ec90 sl stem)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #7609
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
anyone have garmin mounting solutions for road aero bars?

in specific the ec90 sl aero bar?

I would like to use an out front mount and my stem won't allow for the traditional garmin mount either because of the slope (ec90 sl stem)
FOURIERS :: Products

https://www.amazon.com/Out-Front-Com.../dp/B071Z995BF

take your pick. i have the fourier one. it's not that light but it does mount a gopro and garmin, if i had to do it again, i'd get the gub since I don't like the bulk of mounting a gopro. These ones mount using extended stem bolts. mounts in front of your stem
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2017, 03:20 PM   #7610
ZN6

^^^ to add to that, the fourier is listed as 51g and the gub is 24g.

which is a little more than half a regular mars bar in mass difference. Fourier also only mounts to the top without seriously chopping down one end of the mount
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2017, 03:24 PM   #7611
ZN6

^^^ add to that further, I just ordered the gub since it's reasonably priced now and not $45 USD. I'll probably put the fourier onto the fixed gear now so I don't have the ghetto garmin rubber bands
Old 09-01-2017, 05:33 AM   #7612
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ depends upon your stem too. I ordered the GUB one, but the bolt spacing on my 3T ARX Ltd stem is way too narrow to fit.

On another note, 2017 CAAD12 Disc 105, on sale at Westwood Cycles. This is the lowest I've seen yet. Cannondale CAAD12 Disc 105 - Cap's Westwood Cycle, pedaling good clean fun for over 80 years
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #7613
ZN6

oh damn, how's the fit and finish though? you wanna try my fourier to see if it fits?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #7614

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
oh damn, how's the fit and finish though? you wanna try my fourier to see if it fits?
Nah, it's ok. I ended up buying a traditional 'out front' mount, just barely had enough space on my aerobar, but it works.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:43 AM   #7615
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

I have your bar and I use an f3 cycling form mount. Allows for garmin above and GoPro below

Looks better than the ones posted. Attaches by two stem bolts

https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount-system

Quote:
FOURIERS :: Products

https://www.amazon.com/Out-Front-Com.../dp/B071Z995BF

take your pick. i have the fourier one. it's not that light but it does mount a gopro and garmin, if i had to do it again, i'd get the gub since I don't like the bulk of mounting a gopro. These ones mount using extended stem bolts. mounts in front of your stem
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #7616

^ damn ordered something similar to the gub with gpro mount ..maybe i'll have to order this too
Old 09-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #7617
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
I have your bar and I use an f3 cycling form mount. Allows for garmin above and GoPro below

Looks better than the ones posted. Attaches by two stem bolts

https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount-system
Oh wow, that looks sick. Kinda want that now.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #7618

So, the 4 Cap's Westwood Cycles locations will be turning into Trek Bike stores coming in October. Guess they will clearing out the other brands they also currently carry (Cannondale, BMC, etc).
Do you think this will be a good or bad thing? What about shops like West Point Cycles who primarily carry Trek, will they be in direct competition of their distributor?
Yes, I know there's a Giant store in Vancouver, and other shops carry Giant, but they usually have other brands sold alongside. Does the Giant Vancouver store have better prices than other shops? What's your experience? Discuss.

End of an era for Cap?s
Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #7619

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Great that we finally got rain ... but it's not going to be very fun for riders on Saturday for the Fondo to Whistler !
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:27 AM   #7620

^tell me about it....fuck
Old 09-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #7621
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I haven't found the Giant store's pricing to be better than other shops for in-season product, likely part of an agreement with their other dealers. Stuff that's older/on clearout, definitely. I believe part of the agreement Giant has setup with their dealer network, on models that don't sell the shops can 'return' it to Giant and Giant will then clear it out at their own store. Of course it's in the shop's best interest to sell the bike themselves as the bike represents a certain profit margin, their tech's have assembled and checked it, it's taken up real estate on their sales floor for X months, and their tech would have to disassemble and pack it back up to Giant.

I think the Trek move that allows the bigger brands to stay competitive with the online/direct to consumer models that have been gaining momentum over the past few years. The biggest issue that plagues online sales is post-sales support, and it's also hard for would be buyers of 5-10k+ bikes to blindly order based on a picture they see on their computers or devices.

The current model of manufacturer-distributor-shop in the bike industry is quite antiquated anyways, it's time for a bit of a shakeup. There's no good reason why I can order parts from the UK at prices below local shops' wholesale price, have it shipped to my door for next to nothing, and in many cases faster than what the local shop can bring it in from the distributor for.

The role of a local shop for servicing and repairs is crucial, but the distribution model needs a serious revamp IMO.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #7622

Quote:
Oh wow, that looks sick. Kinda want that now.
The F3 mount downside is the install is super finicky. The arms move all over the place when you tighten the stem bolts because the arms are free moving. Their suggestion is to grease the crap out of the bolts. There's plans to release some kind of tool that will hold the arms in place while installing. Not sure if that is out yet.

Aesthetically, it does not look as 'cool' when you don't have a Garmin mounted. Lastly, it is kind of expensive.

Pros: It can fit pretty much any stem, you can adjust the mount to pretty much any position you feel, and optional GoPro attachement underneath.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #7623

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
The current model of manufacturer-distributor-shop in the bike industry is quite antiquated anyways, it's time for a bit of a shakeup. There's no good reason why I can order parts from the UK at prices below local shops' wholesale price, have it shipped to my door for next to nothing, and in many cases faster than what the local shop can bring it in from the distributor for.
You can put the blame soley on the whole VAT issue. But I can't complain it benefits pretty much anyone purchasing items from the UK.

Now if only they would drop the pricing on a Project One Emonda SLR
Old 09-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #7624
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
The F3 mount downside is the install is super finicky. The arms move all over the place when you tighten the stem bolts because the arms are free moving. Their suggestion is to grease the crap out of the bolts. There's plans to release some kind of tool that will hold the arms in place while installing. Not sure if that is out yet.

Aesthetically, it does not look as 'cool' when you don't have a Garmin mounted. Lastly, it is kind of expensive.

Pros: It can fit pretty much any stem, you can adjust the mount to pretty much any position you feel, and optional GoPro attachement underneath.
hmmm, i guess a solid piece does have its advantages. my fourier feels really good and solid. goes on without a hitch. I just wanted the gub since it's lighter and i don't ever ride with a gopro. at least I have the option of both. If i bring my fixie travelling, i'll put the go pro on.

For what the fourier is, it's really good and the design is nice but i wanted the gub to mount on the lower stem bolts.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #7625
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
looking at a giant escape 2, 2017 model, only a few months old bike is pretty much mint

looking for just a bike to get around the hood, get some excersize etc. anyone have any experiance with this model?

brand new the pricing is around $450 USD, guy is selling for $400