REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 05:19 AM   #7626
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
azncreationz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: BBY North
Posts: 1,508
Thanked 184 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
looking at a giant escape 2, 2017 model, only a few months old bike is pretty much mint

looking for just a bike to get around the hood, get some excersize etc. anyone have any experiance with this model?

brand new the pricing is around $450 USD, guy is selling for $400
Yes, I've owned one before and loved it. Everyone that I let take a ride on it also really enjoyed it, as it was comfy to ride and felt quite nimble. It felt significantly quicker than my Trek 7.5FX. I would buy an Escape again if I needed another hybrid.
Advertisement
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #7627
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Derek_N84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,854
Thanked 229 Times in 101 Posts
finally getting around to getting the emonda fitted, i was initially thinking of going to speed theory because of the good feedback from some friends but wanted to ask about other potential options

- has anyone gone to bcbikefit or bsp for the guru fit?
__________________
vancouver canucks hockey
Derek_N84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #7628
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,571
Thanked 7,159 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Yes, I've owned one before and loved it. Everyone that I let take a ride on it also really enjoyed it, as it was comfy to ride and felt quite nimble. It felt significantly quicker than my Trek 7.5FX. I would buy an Escape again if I needed another hybrid.
Ended up buying it, pretty happy so far, went for a little ride yesterday and it was comfortable and easy riding, like how light it is.

One thing seems like the whole gear system is kind of cheap but as best as can be expected for the price point i guess
__________________
Canucks - ftw!
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #7629
ZN6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Van
Posts: 1,567
Thanked 1,449 Times in 539 Posts
does anyone have opinions on FSA pig headset? i think my headset has had enough. have to replace my gxp too since it's crackling now like popcorn.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #7630
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 784
Thanked 461 Times in 199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
finally getting around to getting the emonda fitted, i was initially thinking of going to speed theory because of the good feedback from some friends but wanted to ask about other potential options

- has anyone gone to bcbikefit or bsp for the guru fit?
Just want to get some people's experience, stories, and recommendation as well on bike fitting. Checked a few places and they range in prices depending on level (Basic, premium, pro). Here's what I gathered so far.

BCBikeFit - $225
BICICLETTA - $300
Bicycle Sports Pacific - $150 Standard, $250 Pro
Westpoint $250
Union Street Cycle (anyone know these guys) - $75/hr
MEC - $60 basic (1 hr), $120 Premium (2 hr)

For those who got fitted, where did you go, how much, and how was your experience? Would you recommend them? Thanks.

Last edited by whitev70r; 09-18-2017 at 09:32 AM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #7631
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,591
Thanked 1,017 Times in 460 Posts
Another suggestion is to try and hit up a bike fitter through a Physio. Depending on your work coverage, it would be covered.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #7632
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 784
Thanked 461 Times in 199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Another suggestion is to try and hit up a bike fitter through a Physio. Depending on your work coverage, it would be covered.
Fortius has this - $440 ($140 for therapist, $300 for bike fit), unfortunately, not covered.
Fortius | Bike Fitting
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #7633
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,744
Thanked 6,536 Times in 2,575 Posts
Wormiez does bike fits. He charged $40 last time? Free follow-up fittings.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #7634
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,665
Thanked 1,369 Times in 491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Fortius has this - $440 ($140 for therapist, $300 for bike fit), unfortunately, not covered.
Fortius | Bike Fitting
Noa is the same bike fitter that covers Fortius (in Burnaby free parking)& Bicicletta (across from MEC, limited parking etc)

1) she uses the lazers and sensors with the RETUL program to see your movements on her computer. She is a trainer professional so if you have muscle pains, she can help you fine tune (each time you go back)

2) once she has your record, the 2nd 3rd visit next time is $150 since everyone is on file (more for time trial bikes)

North shore bike fit was $100 bucks, seriously, the fact he only took a Bike Fit Goniometer (measuring angle ruler) and based it on his best pracctice, I just didn't feel it really did the job.

It was totally different experience. Each adjustment, Fortius can pin point down to the efficiency percentage and rotation which gave me a bigger satisfaction. One is a trainer physio + bike fitter with proper equipment, versus others are X-racers and have done a lot of bike fits and took a course. You do get what you pay for.
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #7635
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try
 
trollguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ☺
Posts: 4,986
Thanked 2,068 Times in 617 Posts
Did you notice a difference in overall performance after the fit with the RETUL?
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #7636
ZN6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Van
Posts: 1,567
Thanked 1,449 Times in 539 Posts
Fuck downtown.



Taken to st pauls in an ambulance right after smacking into a car pulling out.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #7637
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,744
Thanked 6,536 Times in 2,575 Posts
Ouch. Are you okay?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #7638
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,665
Thanked 1,369 Times in 491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
Did you notice a difference in overall performance after the fit with the RETUL?
Yes, before the bike fit, I was using the wrong muscles and the next 3 rides, my thighs were not hurting anymore, my rotation became better as well as my numbness on my right hand was gone.

Now, the second and 3rd fit on my other bikes not so much of a huge gain but just mirroring a bit of position but the initial fit made a huge diff.
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #7639
ZN6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Van
Posts: 1,567
Thanked 1,449 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Ouch. Are you okay?
Body is hurting like mad. I hit the road on my shoulder and I have a lump on my head. I'll need some recovery time.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #7640
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Derek_N84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,854
Thanked 229 Times in 101 Posts
Ugh, hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Hopefully you have a witness or the driver has admitted fault? (I'm just assuming you weren't in the wrong and hoping you get full compensation for your bike)
__________________
vancouver canucks hockey
Derek_N84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #7641
ZN6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Van
Posts: 1,567
Thanked 1,449 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
Ugh, hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Hopefully you have a witness or the driver has admitted fault? (I'm just assuming you weren't in the wrong and hoping you get full compensation for your bike)
Two witnesses and the guy was decent. I definitely wasn't in the wrong even had I been in a car, he pulled out where he wasn't even supposed to stop when he dropped off his GF.

the good thing is the lump on my head went away. haven't checked on my bike for a few days since i don't want to be near it right now, but the fork is done and i'm not sure if the frame is bent in any way. it seemed ok. to replace the frame and fork is around $400 on amazon where i originally picked up the bike.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #7642
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
ewong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,225
Thanked 47 Times in 14 Posts
Hey all,

So I've been in a market for a hybrid bike. I am looking to buy a bike mostly for seasonal riding. I will not be riding it in the rain so I'm not looking for hydraulic disk brakes or super light frame.

I've been browsing through several bikes shops in the city and kinda narrowed down a few choices acceptable in my budget.

I saw the Trek FX 1 (2016 model) at Westwood Cycle for about $500; Kona Dew City (2016) at Jubilee at $500 (tax included); Norco Indie 4 (2016) at Bike Dr. for $550 and Raleigh Cadent 1 at Westside Sports for $500.

Most of the bikes are similar in price and they all seem similar spec wise. I'm was hoping for some input and recommendations.

I didn't really get a good vibe from the people at Westwood Cycles. I remember the staff being more professional before and they told me that they're getting rid of all other brands and becoming a Trek store only and the guy who was helping me didn't seem to give much of a shit.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:10 AM   #7643
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
azncreationz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: BBY North
Posts: 1,508
Thanked 184 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewong View Post
Hey all,

So I've been in a market for a hybrid bike. I am looking to buy a bike mostly for seasonal riding. I will not be riding it in the rain so I'm not looking for hydraulic disk brakes or super light frame.

I've been browsing through several bikes shops in the city and kinda narrowed down a few choices acceptable in my budget.

I saw the Trek FX 1 (2016 model) at Westwood Cycle for about $500; Kona Dew City (2016) at Jubilee at $500 (tax included); Norco Indie 4 (2016) at Bike Dr. for $550 and Raleigh Cadent 1 at Westside Sports for $500.

Most of the bikes are similar in price and they all seem similar spec wise. I'm was hoping for some input and recommendations.

I didn't really get a good vibe from the people at Westwood Cycles. I remember the staff being more professional before and they told me that they're getting rid of all other brands and becoming a Trek store only and the guy who was helping me didn't seem to give much of a shit.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated
Any one of those bikes you listed will be fine, just test ride them all and see what appeals and fits you. If it's budget you're concerned about, head to Pitt Meadows Cycle, they have a Giant Escape 2 for $399 in size M.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net