REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:19 AM   #7626
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
looking at a giant escape 2, 2017 model, only a few months old bike is pretty much mint

looking for just a bike to get around the hood, get some excersize etc. anyone have any experiance with this model?

brand new the pricing is around $450 USD, guy is selling for $400
Yes, I've owned one before and loved it. Everyone that I let take a ride on it also really enjoyed it, as it was comfy to ride and felt quite nimble. It felt significantly quicker than my Trek 7.5FX. I would buy an Escape again if I needed another hybrid.
Advertisement
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #7627
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

finally getting around to getting the emonda fitted, i was initially thinking of going to speed theory because of the good feedback from some friends but wanted to ask about other potential options

- has anyone gone to bcbikefit or bsp for the guru fit?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #7628
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,318 Times in 5,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Yes, I've owned one before and loved it. Everyone that I let take a ride on it also really enjoyed it, as it was comfy to ride and felt quite nimble. It felt significantly quicker than my Trek 7.5FX. I would buy an Escape again if I needed another hybrid.
Ended up buying it, pretty happy so far, went for a little ride yesterday and it was comfortable and easy riding, like how light it is.

One thing seems like the whole gear system is kind of cheap but as best as can be expected for the price point i guess
Old 09-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #7629
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
does anyone have opinions on FSA pig headset? i think my headset has had enough. have to replace my gxp too since it's crackling now like popcorn.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #7630
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
finally getting around to getting the emonda fitted, i was initially thinking of going to speed theory because of the good feedback from some friends but wanted to ask about other potential options

- has anyone gone to bcbikefit or bsp for the guru fit?
Just want to get some people's experience, stories, and recommendation as well on bike fitting. Checked a few places and they range in prices depending on level (Basic, premium, pro). Here's what I gathered so far.

BCBikeFit - $225
BICICLETTA - $300
Bicycle Sports Pacific - $150 Standard, $250 Pro
Westpoint $250
Union Street Cycle (anyone know these guys) - $75/hr
MEC - $60 basic (1 hr), $120 Premium (2 hr)

For those who got fitted, where did you go, how much, and how was your experience? Would you recommend them? Thanks.

Last edited by whitev70r; 09-18-2017 at 09:32 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #7631
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Another suggestion is to try and hit up a bike fitter through a Physio. Depending on your work coverage, it would be covered.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #7632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Another suggestion is to try and hit up a bike fitter through a Physio. Depending on your work coverage, it would be covered.
Fortius has this - $440 ($140 for therapist, $300 for bike fit), unfortunately, not covered.
Fortius | Bike Fitting
Old 09-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #7633
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Wormiez does bike fits. He charged $40 last time? Free follow-up fittings.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #7634

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Fortius has this - $440 ($140 for therapist, $300 for bike fit), unfortunately, not covered.
Fortius | Bike Fitting
Noa is the same bike fitter that covers Fortius (in Burnaby free parking)& Bicicletta (across from MEC, limited parking etc)

1) she uses the lazers and sensors with the RETUL program to see your movements on her computer. She is a trainer professional so if you have muscle pains, she can help you fine tune (each time you go back)

2) once she has your record, the 2nd 3rd visit next time is $150 since everyone is on file (more for time trial bikes)

North shore bike fit was $100 bucks, seriously, the fact he only took a Bike Fit Goniometer (measuring angle ruler) and based it on his best pracctice, I just didn't feel it really did the job.

It was totally different experience. Each adjustment, Fortius can pin point down to the efficiency percentage and rotation which gave me a bigger satisfaction. One is a trainer physio + bike fitter with proper equipment, versus others are X-racers and have done a lot of bike fits and took a course. You do get what you pay for.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #7635
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Did you notice a difference in overall performance after the fit with the RETUL?
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #7636
ZN6

Fuck downtown.

Taken to st pauls in an ambulance right after smacking into a car pulling out.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #7637
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Ouch. Are you okay?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #7638

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
Did you notice a difference in overall performance after the fit with the RETUL?
Yes, before the bike fit, I was using the wrong muscles and the next 3 rides, my thighs were not hurting anymore, my rotation became better as well as my numbness on my right hand was gone.

Now, the second and 3rd fit on my other bikes not so much of a huge gain but just mirroring a bit of position but the initial fit made a huge diff.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #7639
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Ouch. Are you okay?
Body is hurting like mad. I hit the road on my shoulder and I have a lump on my head. I'll need some recovery time.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #7640
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Ugh, hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Hopefully you have a witness or the driver has admitted fault? (I'm just assuming you weren't in the wrong and hoping you get full compensation for your bike)
Old 09-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #7641
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
Ugh, hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Hopefully you have a witness or the driver has admitted fault? (I'm just assuming you weren't in the wrong and hoping you get full compensation for your bike)
Two witnesses and the guy was decent. I definitely wasn't in the wrong even had I been in a car, he pulled out where he wasn't even supposed to stop when he dropped off his GF.

the good thing is the lump on my head went away. haven't checked on my bike for a few days since i don't want to be near it right now, but the fork is done and i'm not sure if the frame is bent in any way. it seemed ok. to replace the frame and fork is around $400 on amazon where i originally picked up the bike.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #7642
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hey all,

So I've been in a market for a hybrid bike. I am looking to buy a bike mostly for seasonal riding. I will not be riding it in the rain so I'm not looking for hydraulic disk brakes or super light frame.

I've been browsing through several bikes shops in the city and kinda narrowed down a few choices acceptable in my budget.

I saw the Trek FX 1 (2016 model) at Westwood Cycle for about $500; Kona Dew City (2016) at Jubilee at $500 (tax included); Norco Indie 4 (2016) at Bike Dr. for $550 and Raleigh Cadent 1 at Westside Sports for $500.

Most of the bikes are similar in price and they all seem similar spec wise. I'm was hoping for some input and recommendations.

I didn't really get a good vibe from the people at Westwood Cycles. I remember the staff being more professional before and they told me that they're getting rid of all other brands and becoming a Trek store only and the guy who was helping me didn't seem to give much of a shit.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:10 AM   #7643
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewong View Post
Hey all,

So I've been in a market for a hybrid bike. I am looking to buy a bike mostly for seasonal riding. I will not be riding it in the rain so I'm not looking for hydraulic disk brakes or super light frame.

I've been browsing through several bikes shops in the city and kinda narrowed down a few choices acceptable in my budget.

I saw the Trek FX 1 (2016 model) at Westwood Cycle for about $500; Kona Dew City (2016) at Jubilee at $500 (tax included); Norco Indie 4 (2016) at Bike Dr. for $550 and Raleigh Cadent 1 at Westside Sports for $500.

Most of the bikes are similar in price and they all seem similar spec wise. I'm was hoping for some input and recommendations.

I didn't really get a good vibe from the people at Westwood Cycles. I remember the staff being more professional before and they told me that they're getting rid of all other brands and becoming a Trek store only and the guy who was helping me didn't seem to give much of a shit.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated
Any one of those bikes you listed will be fine, just test ride them all and see what appeals and fits you. If it's budget you're concerned about, head to Pitt Meadows Cycle, they have a Giant Escape 2 for $399 in size M.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 PM   #7644

If this is legit and it checks out (ie. not hot) ... great deal, if you're a 56 cm frame rider.

2010 Cervelo S1, 56cm, $250
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...321322367.html

Old 09-26-2017, 08:13 AM   #7645
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
If this is legit and it checks out (ie. not hot) ... great deal, if you're a 56 cm frame rider.

2010 Cervelo S1, 56cm, $250
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...321322367.html

Far North Racing - Cycling - 2009 Cervelo S1 <---- pic is from this review.

most likely the CL ad is a scam. If the guy can't even take a pic of his own actual bike, and the price is too good to be true, it's a scam.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #7646
Old School RS

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,202 Posts
Ad's gone already.

-Mark
Old 09-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #7647
ZN6

If someone needs a track bike and can fit an XL. Jesus. I want this in my size.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...279848819.html
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2017, 10:32 AM   #7648

Came across this that I thought was a pretty good deal to get in on a power meter, at least from what I can google and find in terms of description.

Quarq Powermeter on a FSA SLK crank, with ROTOR rings, $300.
Update, price drop to $270.
Update II, $250
Update III, $240

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...321326073.html

Last edited by whitev70r; 10-05-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #7649
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
For most, cycling season is coming to an end.

My brother in law was hit by a vehicle yesterday. From what I understand, it was basically a head on collision. He was riding down a hill, and the car going the opposite direction was making a left hand turn. The sun was in her eyes, and she booted it across the road and hit him straight on. I guess he saw it coming but didn't have time to react. He's very lucky with a badly sprained ankle, bruised ribs and superficial scratches but I guess he got tossed a good distance. This just happened last night, i'm assuming some whiplash will be coming his way. Luckily I don't think he hit his head.

Sobering thought. Maybe mountain biking is safer then road cycling these days. Yikes. Keep up that defensive riding. They are all out to hit you!

I guess it was a young girl driving. Her first reaction was to call her mom. The witness called 9-1-1. People sure do funny things when stressed/panicked.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #7650
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
For most, cycling season is coming to an end.

My brother in law was hit by a vehicle yesterday. From what I understand, it was basically a head on collision. He was riding down a hill, and the car going the opposite direction was making a left hand turn. The sun was in her eyes, and she booted it across the road and hit him straight on. I guess he saw it coming but didn't have time to react. He's very lucky with a badly sprained ankle, bruised ribs and superficial scratches but I guess he got tossed a good distance. This just happened last night, i'm assuming some whiplash will be coming his way. Luckily I don't think he hit his head.

Sobering thought. Maybe mountain biking is safer then road cycling these days. Yikes. Keep up that defensive riding. They are all out to hit you!

I guess it was a young girl driving. Her first reaction was to call her mom. The witness called 9-1-1. People sure do funny things when stressed/panicked.
I feel his pain. I got wrecked twice in 4 months and broke a fork in 2 places. My head smacked the ground and a fluid filled up showed up on my head. I had a groin groin injury from the seat, scraped up and my knees are weak, arms are heavy, there's vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

The road is getting more dangerous. Thin Lycra isn't the most protective stuff on the planet.