REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Wally's Burger!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/606914-wallys-burger.html)

StealthFighter 05-10-2010 08:47 AM

went with subordinate, but i got mushrooms instead of fried egg. bun was good. sauce was good. mushrooms were really good. but yeah patty wasn't as juicy/tasty as you'd hoped.

fries were alright. should have got onion rings.

still better than fatburger but not as good as five guys.

for me:
in-n-out>five guys>wallys>fatburger>jack in the box

stuff99 05-10-2010 09:48 AM

I'm surprised the old location (with all the history that location had) was closed down just so that some condo developer can open a sales office...seems like a lot of effort just to open a sales office.

racerman88 05-11-2010 07:01 PM

The burger just didn't taste the same as they used to. Workers are really nice though. I bought a couple of meals and an extra burger to go and they forgot the extra burger. When I went back, the cashier was nice and let me add extra toppings and then gave me my money back for the hassle.

Expresso 05-11-2010 08:47 PM

Are they able to make shakes yet?

bcrdukes 05-12-2010 12:24 AM

I don't believe so.

Presto 06-07-2010 10:53 AM

I decided to give Wally's another go, this past weekend. I ordered 2 Wally burgers, one standard, and another with a fried egg add-on. They were pretty good. The meat wasn't overdone, and I actually felt like I was biting into a Wally burger. Next time, I'm getting fried egg on both!

bcrdukes 06-07-2010 12:41 PM

^
You have inspired me to go there for lunch. :D

Presto 08-13-2010 06:39 PM

So, I went to Wally's with my sister and cousin, last night. According to my assessment, I have to say that the Wally's I knew, and loved is dead. The new owner has made too many tweaks. I ordered a Wally burger with a fried egg add-on, and there was so much wrong with it. The egg was overhard, and not runny, which is the way I like it.

Fries. I want a box of fries. They are trying to upscale it with thicker-cut taters. Gone are the the varying sizes, and shoestring style. Also, what happened to the corndogS? Wally's was not upscale. It was a good burger at a fast food price. They need to go back to the basics. They aren't competing with gourmet places. They shouldn't be. It's a fast food, greasy burger that should be at a fast food price. Stop trying to change it!

bcrdukes 08-13-2010 06:49 PM

Quite the change of opinion over a 2-month period. :p

Presto 08-13-2010 07:45 PM

^^^

It was good when I went 2 months ago. It looks like they've been trying to tweak the menu, when they should've just left it alone! :P. Don't mess with a good thing! I almost feel like starting up my own Wally's to get things back to the way they were. To bring it back to the previous Asian-ownership influence, I'd call it it Wah-Lee's, and set it up right next to them. They should fire their kids. They suck!!!

EDIT: I'm ranting because I'm pretty drunk, right now.

bcrdukes 08-13-2010 07:50 PM

The kids working there seem rather uninterested which is a shame however I could be very wrong about this. With the amount of loyal Wally's Burger customers, the business could be very successful in a lot of different ways and little do the kids know, they're sitting on a gold mine.

donjalapeno 08-13-2010 10:36 PM

im gonna try a burger with egg on top at my work tommrow lol

bcrdukes 08-13-2010 10:38 PM

Make sure you ask them to go easy on the sauce! :)