REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Anybody know Anthony Espinosa / Concept Motors? Scammed out of $40K (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624241-anybody-know-anthony-espinosa-concept-motors-scammed-out-%2440k.html)

twitchyzero 06-03-2013 01:22 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/32512909.jpg

may be Dr. Mike can get in touch with the RCMP/VPD again with related fraud incidents?

Gumby 06-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMike (Post 8252074)
SWEEEEET!!! I hope they get more than a slap on the wrist. Maybe I should forward the police department details about all these other scams they've been doing.

I think you should! :)

StylinRed 06-03-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMike (Post 8252074)
SWEEEEET!!! I hope they get more than a slap on the wrist. Maybe I should forward the police department details about all these other scams they've been doing.

yes please do

Spidey 06-03-2013 03:42 PM

lol, nothing is going to happen

twitchyzero 06-03-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8252171)

in this case of theft over $5000, it is an indictable offense...may be with other victims going forward to the authorities something can stick.

kar-ma bishes :hotbaby:

godwin 06-03-2013 06:08 PM

Well chances are the victims of their latest crimes get first crack of what's left of their assets.. then DrMike will have to get what's left.

Even if they are found guilty, they probably will get house arrest and probation.. kid will have to stay with relatives.. I think would be interesting if DrMike's squad can keep track of them while they are on probation and get them in more trouble if they violate. or they can just skip the country to Philippines. I don't think US likes them very much anymore.

Quote:

dlo 06-03-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

sounds like their recent charge can include fraud (fake credit card + fake ids?) fraud under/over 5000, theft under/over 5000 also

PJ 06-03-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8252068)
Looks like Karma got to them, just got this email at work.

Posted via RS Mobile

Similar incident I posted... god knows how many pages back, but it was a couple years ago. I was asked to remove the post because the store was going to have their own investigations, but I doubt they're going to do anything anymore, as it's now 2 years later.

Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was something along the lines of this..
Tranny had a big purchase at Plenty in Metrotown. ~$2000.
She tries to pay with ten $200 gift cards.
Cashier asks how she got them, Tranny says she won them at work.
Cashier calls the store owner, and asks if any store has sold $2000 in gift cards.
Cashier asks for I.D. from Tranny.
Tranny drops everything and runs out the store.

dared3vil0 06-03-2013 06:27 PM

WOOOOOW they're fucking stupid... Had she of spent them 50 here, 50 there etc. it probably would of went unnoticed...

godwin 06-03-2013 06:29 PM

Unfortunately stores / companies have pretty short memories when it comes to things like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8252182)
in this case of theft over $5000, it is an indictable offense...may be with other victims going forward to the authorities something can stick.

godwin 06-03-2013 06:32 PM

Also I would think gift cards etc would be tied to a database instead of just by relying on a hash on a card? If they just rely on card form of verification, they are really asking for it.

Vale46Rossi 06-04-2013 12:26 AM

sweet an update :D

BaoTurbo 06-04-2013 12:34 AM

Saysamone. Say-sam-one. Is it me or I feel funny saying it. Maybe just me....lol

SWEET JUSTICE. In for the full story though..

Spidey 06-04-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8252182)

Ummm it isn't Theft, it is Fraud. And it isn't over 5000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlo (Post 8252283)
sounds like their recent charge can include fraud (fake credit card + fake ids?) fraud under/over 5000, theft under/over 5000 also

It sounds like it would only be Fraud Under if the number of $5000 is accurate.

Fraud is probably one of the hardest offences to prove, because you ave to prove INTENT. How can prosecutors say for sure that they used the gift cards/credit cards KNOWING it was fake.

Again, nothing it going to happen, especially if they haven't had any previous convictions for Fraud.

All the cases of them scamming people would be easier dealt with in civil court than Criminal, as it is a lot harder to get a conviction under Crim court, than to win a battle in civil court.

Oh and another thing, because they purchased a bunch of different gift cards from different places, even if the total value of the gift cards they have were over 5000, the court may look at each card as a separate offence, so it may be multiple counts of fraud under... Each store would then have to cooperate with police forwarding charges against the couple (by attending court, and giving testimony).

Just because they got arrested, does not mean they are going to be charged and or convicted.

If they did possess fake ids etc, that should be an easy charge approval for uttering forged document/personation.

Oh, did I already mention that probably nothing is going to happen to them?

DrMike 06-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8252686)
Ummm it isn't Theft, it is Fraud. And it isn't over 5000.

It sounds like it would only be Fraud Under if the number of $5000 is accurate.

Fraud is probably one of the hardest offences to prove, because you ave to prove INTENT. How can prosecutors say for sure that they used the gift cards/credit cards KNOWING it was fake.

Again, nothing it going to happen, especially if they haven't had any previous convictions for Fraud.

All the cases of them scamming people would be easier dealt with in civil court than Criminal, as it is a lot harder to get a conviction under Crim court, than to win a battle in civil court.

Oh and another thing, because they purchased a bunch of different gift cards from different places, even if the total value of the gift cards they have were over 5000, the court may look at each card as a separate offence, so it may be multiple counts of fraud under... Each store would then have to cooperate with police forwarding charges against the couple (by attending court, and giving testimony).

Just because they got arrested, does not mean they are going to be charged and or convicted.

If they did possess fake ids etc, that should be an easy charge approval for uttering forged document/personation.

Oh, did I already mention that probably nothing is going to happen to them?

Well even if nothing else at least they got arrested so next time they will be repeat offenders.

DrMike 06-05-2013 09:48 AM

So what's the purpose of altering the magnetic strip on the back of the card? doesn't it make it useless or are they sophisticated enough to alter the information on the card?

Spidey 06-05-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMike (Post 8253648)
Well even if nothing else at least they got arrested so next time they will be repeat offenders.

they are not repeat offenders unless they are convicted. otherwise there was no proof they did anything wrong in the first place. people get arrested everyday, all the time, without subsequent punishment/convictions. reason being is because of lack of evidence, or they were innocent. just because you are arrested, it doesn't mean you are guilty.

Vansterdam 06-07-2013 08:29 PM

PMed

320icar 06-08-2013 04:53 PM

Right now as we speak they are shopping in te produce section of Costco in Richmond. I snapped a pic. Shall I go punch them in the nuts?
Posted via RS Mobile

noventa 06-08-2013 05:00 PM

^
you wouldn't dare.

DrMike 06-08-2013 05:02 PM

Lol. Ask if she's a model.
Posted via RS Mobile

320icar 06-08-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noventa (Post 8256301)
^
you wouldn't dare.

Lol, no I am an employee, so I most definitely wouldn't dare. But I gave him a nice "I know exactly who you are" stare
Posted via RS Mobile

rJZx 06-08-2013 05:38 PM

^ Dude thats so badass of you! I personally would never do such a ballsy thing

death_blossom 06-08-2013 06:02 PM

Please post those pics!
Posted via RS Mobile

bing 06-09-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8256312)
Lol, no I am an employee, so I most definitely wouldn't dare. But I gave him a nice "I know exactly who you are" stare
Posted via RS Mobile

:ifyouknow: was it one of these stares?