REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Anybody know Anthony Espinosa / Concept Motors? Scammed out of $40K (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624241-anybody-know-anthony-espinosa-concept-motors-scammed-out-%2440k.html)

meme405 03-08-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMike (Post 8735291)
Got something better :) And I made sure to go buy it myself this time, lol.

http://i.imgur.com/ib4O7Uh.png

Super silver... nice.

Berzerker 03-08-2016 09:01 AM

That's a nice car and all but.... What about Anthony? Any thing ever happen with him?

Berz out.

DrMike 03-08-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8735301)
That's a nice car and all but.... What about Anthony? Any thing ever happen with him?

Berz out.

OK this is the update I always wanted to post but never did.

It only took me 2 months to get a default judgement against him. I think it was late December 2010 or early January 2011 that I was granted the judgement in the U. S. I just needed to register the judgement in B.C. but I didn't want to waste anymore money on legal fees at the time.

After I was able to track him down to the Motel 6 not far from Disneyland my attorney hired a service down there to go serve him papers. He wasn't there the first time but they were able to get him the second time. He knew it was over and begged his mom for money to fly himself and the tranny home. His old landlord kicked them out and went over to the house and saw the papers he had been served sitting there.

So I was awarded double the damages plus my $5K legal fees plus $20K extra because of consumer protection laws and 12% interest until paid in full.

If anybody on here is a lawyer up there or knows of one that would like to finish this up pro bono I'll give them 40% of whatever is recovered.

I can post a pic of the default judgement if people are skeptical.

I'd like to get a copy of the judgment into his mom's hands. Maybe she can get the family together and work something out. If nothing else at least she will have proof that this was real and not some "hater trying to tarnish his business' name" like he convinced her.

DrMike 03-08-2016 09:40 AM

So to all the people who were saying I was doing nothing... I was sitting on a $100K+ judgement the whole time.

Ronin 03-08-2016 09:43 AM

Noice.

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer specializes in this sort of thing but I do know a few lawyers that might be able to help.

DrMike 03-08-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8735317)
Noice.

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer specializes in this sort of thing but I do know a few lawyers that might be able to help.

Thanks. I called the attorney that wrote a guide on how to register a foreign judgement. He wanted $5K before he would answer any questions I had so I thanked him for his time and tried to research how to do it myself.

jasonturbo 03-08-2016 10:24 AM

This is legendary thread status, wait to follow though Dr. Mike.

pastarocket 03-08-2016 10:34 AM

Props to you Dr Mike! Let this be a big warning to scammers. :troll:

This would be an awesome case study for RS nation about what to do if you encounter a Scamthony. :thumbsup:

murd0c 03-08-2016 10:35 AM

wow this epic thread just got even more epic with the current follow up so many years later.

Thanks DrMike!!

DrMike 03-08-2016 11:04 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Yushenn.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZJZv5CT.png

murd0c 03-08-2016 11:12 AM

wow that's impressive, I take it the judgment is in USD as well?

DrMike 03-08-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8735365)
wow that's impressive, I take it the judgment is in USD as well?

Yep. At 12% interest it will grow really fast too lol. Not that I'm expecting to see all or any of it. It's best his family get together and settle it for a much smaller lump sum.

murd0c 03-08-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMike (Post 8735366)
Yep. At 12% interest it will grow really fast too lol. Not that I'm expecting to see all or any of it. It's best his family get together and settle it for a much smaller lump sum.

have you ever thought about taking the judgment to a bailiff to see if you can put a lean on anything of his? that's if you currently know where he is and if he actually has any assets you could have repod.

DrMike 03-08-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8735367)
have you ever thought about taking the judgment to a bailiff to see if you can put a lean on anything of his? that's if you currently know where he is and if he actually has any assets you could have repod.

Not yet. People have kept me up to date on where he's been. I believe all he has is that gold civic. He hasn't inherited mommy's house yet.

SpeedStars 03-08-2016 12:21 PM

After 124 pages...Dr Mike somewhat got a conclusion even timpo would be proud of :nyan:

pastarocket 03-08-2016 12:56 PM

This thread has restored some of my faith in the justice system. :fuckyea:

Epic, epic thread! RS Hall of Fame for this thread. :lawl:

Autorice 03-08-2016 01:51 PM

congrats. and at 12% per year until he pays correct? small claims in bc gave me like 3% per year only (until they ever pay). you can also request a payment hearing and if he doesn't show up then the courts can issue a warranty for his arrest.

with your current judgement can't you pay a BC bailiff to collect now? might need to hire a lawyer or private investigator first to find what assets (if any) are in his name.

underscore 03-08-2016 02:11 PM

So if you got that cleared up 5 years ago, have you received a cent of it?

vitaminG 03-08-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8735438)

the lawyer got some money, scammer got lots of money. dr mike got internet points, money cant buy that.

punkwax 03-08-2016 03:44 PM

If his parents own their home, they can afford to pay you in full considering how much property values have risen since this thread started.

Congrats BTW. :thumbsup:

DrMike 03-08-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autorice (Post 8735430)
congrats. and at 12% per year until he pays correct? small claims in bc gave me like 3% per year only (until they ever pay). you can also request a payment hearing and if he doesn't show up then the courts can issue a warranty for his arrest.

with your current judgement can't you pay a BC bailiff to collect now? might need to hire a lawyer or private investigator first to find what assets (if any) are in his name.

Yeah 12% a year until paid off. The judgement is a U.S. judgement but B.C. and Washington State have an agreement that makes it somewhat easy to register it up there. The process is a bit confusing and I wasn't in a hurry because he had nothing to take.

DrMike 03-08-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8735438)

I haven't registered my judgement in B.C. yet. I didn't want to drop another $5K to retain another lawyer to finish it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8735477)
If his parents own their home, they can afford to pay you in full considering how much property values have risen since this thread started.

Congrats BTW. :thumbsup:

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Take an equity line of credit out and settle with me before I register the judgement up there.

DragonChi 03-08-2016 08:07 PM

JUSTICE LIVES!

Cillu 03-08-2016 09:39 PM

A RESOLUTION! Legendary thread.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/up...5_85_15690.jpg

Autorice 03-08-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMike (Post 8735553)
Yeah 12% a year until paid off. The judgement is a U.S. judgement but B.C. and Washington State have an agreement that makes it somewhat easy to register it up there. The process is a bit confusing and I wasn't in a hurry because he had nothing to take.

can still garnish wages and the threat of issuing a warrant for not showing up to the payment hearing will certainly make him wake up. AND certain courts allow video conferencing now so you don't have to be physically here!