REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #776
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Great thread Dr.Mike,

Even if, worse case scenario the courts fail you and the money is lost forever, at least the thousands of people who read this thread will never get fucked by this little homo, or his little half homo girlfriend.

Thanks
Advertisement
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #777
GOTMILF? Let Me Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuYang View Post
i find it annoying he ends his emails with "please let me know".

let you know what???

"happy bday to your daughter.... please let me know".

wtf, do you want to know, you fricken pedo.

also lold at the picture comparisons with the autotrader ;p

as usual, i will continue to wish you luck drmike!
lol, that annoyed me too.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Great thread Dr.Mike,

Even if, worse case scenario the courts fail you and the money is lost forever, at least the thousands of people who read this thread will never get fucked by this little homo, or his little half homo girlfriend.

Thanks
Yep. I'm doing it so hopefully nobody else gets scammed by these losers. He better pray the courts don't fail me
DrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #778
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMike View Post
He better pray the courts don't fail me
I like the sound of that.
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #779
I'm being watched.

Thanks for the update, hopefully you can get your money back on top of getting this douche in prison.
essel is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #780
GOTMILF? Let Me Know

I read an update to a fraud case on offtopic.com. One of their members had a team of people selling tractors that didn't exist. Every time they got paid they wired the money to one of their moms who then cashed it and split it up between them. They've all been sitting in jail waiting for trial for wire fraud and money laundering.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #781
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Any word from the police? What about the police in LA?
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #782
GOTMILF? Let Me Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
Any word from the police? What about the police in LA?
I haven't heard any updates from the police up there. No crime was committed from LA so no luck with them.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #783
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

And if they put a warrent out for his arrest in vancouver, would that not constitute them being able to detain him?
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #784
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

in order to obtain a warrant, an officer must provide substantial evidence and information in relation to the case, upon a JP (justice of the peace), at which the police could then detain the mofo.

With what DrMike has provided, its quite obvious that a concensus that the information in front of us is quite substantial enough, but that is up to the police to decide.

I can imagine it now . . . the Fast and the Furious movie scene where johnny tran's house is raided by the popo when he's having dinner with his family, and gets bitch slapped by his dad. lol.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #785
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

hey

Police are a waste of time wouldnt they have done something by now. Time to step up urself if you know he is back come to his house and see him face to face.
CRAZY VATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #786
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
Nice work DrMike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #787
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY VATO View Post
Police are a waste of time wouldnt they have done something by now. Time to step up urself if you know he is back come to his house and see him face to face.
as much as all of us would LOVE to see the scammer get his ass beat, you have to understand that what drmike is doing is the proper and safe way to go about this situation.

going over and beating someone up will only make you the badguy in the eye of justice ;[

...unless drmike is batman.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #788
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
He better pray the courts don't fail me
Mike,let's say the courts do favour you and award the judgement on your side,how are you going to get your money back from anthony if he's flat broke and does not have any assets....except for a piece of shit riced out civic?

It's like squeazing blood from a rock.

I wish you all the luck in this man.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #789
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
If he doesn't have money, every pay check he makes in the next fucking 10 years will be going towards DrMike and the others he scammed. Or the courts will give the money back in full amount and then the douche willhave to pay the government... not sure how it works but something like that.

+ showing up at his house is pointless if you're coming for the money, he's probably broke as fuck by now.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #790
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,282 Times in 1,635 Posts
very informative 1st post update. it's clear how organized and driven you are by all the details posted. again, good luck mike.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #791
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
11-2-2010 PM - A couple days later the landlord told him it's not worth going to jail for and Anthony told him he paid somebody for the car and got scammed so he did his part.
I hope he uses this as his defense, because it ain't gonna fly.

Problem is even IF the above were true, which of course it most likely isn't, he's STILL on the hook to either deliver a car, or repay your money. That's the cost of doing business, taking risks that shit goes sideways.

If you had set up the transaction with this "somebody" yourself and Anthony was just helping you complete the transaction, that's a different story... but obviously that's not the case here. Anthony took your money as a business proposition to help you locate and procure the vehicle. If the person he decides to deal with scams him, that's his problem, not your's.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #792
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Dr.Mike ....

Let me know.

Berz out.

Last edited by Berzerker; 11-11-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #793
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Dr.Mike ....

Let me know.

Berz out.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #794
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
If he doesn't have money, every pay check he makes in the next fucking 10 years will be going towards DrMike and the others he scammed. Or the courts will give the money back in full amount and then the douche willhave to pay the government... not sure how it works but something like that.

+ showing up at his house is pointless if you're coming for the money, he's probably broke as fuck by now.
I dunt think it's like that. Say dr.mike sue Anthony civilly and win and the court award him whatever amount of money. Anthony has to be able to take care of HIMSELF first before paying dr.mike. If taking care of himself mean taking up the whole pay cheque. Than sorry dr.mike dunt get any money. The government does not pay for anybody upfront.

Sadly suing someone civilly for money that has nothing, and have no reputation to keep is a waste of time. I dunt believe you can sue the person again for not paying either.
Posted via RS Mobile
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #795
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:

Garnishing his wage would the most likely scenario. I highly doubt the government is going to cough up $40,000 and then garnish Anthony till it gets it back.

However, I think that they can garnish with a possible interest. I am not at all confident if that is true though.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #796
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,228 Times in 171 Posts
that could mean its a long time before the money is returned in full. especially if he goes on welfare or something. Yikes
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #797
GOTMILF? Let Me Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Mike,let's say the courts do favour you and award the judgement on your side,how are you going to get your money back from anthony if he's flat broke and does not have any assets....except for a piece of shit riced out civic?

It's like squeazing blood from a rock.

I wish you all the luck in this man.
At first I thought he had several cars, a shop, house, condo and a reputation he wanted to uphold. As I dug deeper I found he has nothing but a couple cars. He seemed like he wanted to rebuild his reputation but he probably doesn't care about that either. All he had to do was take my money and get me a car and people might have started to trust him again, but he couldn't even do something that simple.

Now I'm going after him to teach him a lesson. Garnishing future wages is probably all I can hope for and it would be a slow repayment. I would think he would have to get a job eventually now that word is out that he can't be trusted as a business man.

Quote:

That would be awesome of the court payed me in full but I don't think that's the case. Is ten years the max he will get his wages garnished? I think it would take him longer than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
I hope he uses this as his defense, because it ain't gonna fly.

Problem is even IF the above were true, which of course it most likely isn't, he's STILL on the hook to either deliver a car, or repay your money. That's the cost of doing business, taking risks that shit goes sideways.

If you had set up the transaction with this "somebody" yourself and Anthony was just helping you complete the transaction, that's a different story... but obviously that's not the case here. Anthony took your money as a business proposition to help you locate and procure the vehicle. If the person he decides to deal with scams him, that's his problem, not your's.
I think after I asked him so many times if he got scammed out of the money he just made himself believe that he did. All his stories of meetings with this supposed seller negotiating the sale and filling out paperwork started to get old. Especially when the deal was supposed to have been squared away before he even flew down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I dunt think it's like that. Say dr.mike sue Anthony civilly and win and the court award him whatever amount of money. Anthony has to be able to take care of HIMSELF first before paying dr.mike. If taking care of himself mean taking up the whole pay cheque. Than sorry dr.mike dunt get any money. The government does not pay for anybody upfront.

Sadly suing someone civilly for money that has nothing, and have no reputation to keep is a waste of time. I dunt believe you can sue the person again for not paying either.
Posted via RS Mobile
I know he's hoping that I just call it a loss and forget about it like everybody else he scammed did. Looks like he's able to take care of himself just fine without any paychecks at all so hopefully I can get a cut, even if it's small, of his future legit pay checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Garnishing his wage would the most likely scenario. I highly doubt the government is going to cough up $40,000 and then garnish Anthony till it gets it back.

However, I think that they can garnish with a possible interest. I am not at all confident if that is true though.
If it takes him 20 years to pay it back I hope I get interest with that. This could have been worth over $100K by the time my kids need it for college. Even at 1% he would owe me $100 already.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #798
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

crazy story. hope everything works out.
he's prolly been following this thread religiously.
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:09 AM   #799
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
I read an update to a fraud case on offtopic.com. One of their members had a team of people selling tractors that didn't exist. Every time they got paid they wired the money to one of their moms who then cashed it and split it up between them. They've all been sitting in jail waiting for trial for wire fraud and money laundering.
EmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #800
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I believe only 30% of your wages can be garnished. Knowing him (well, only what we hear of him), he's not good for much and probably won't land a very good job. If he makes 2k a month you are looking at $600 per month. That can be paid off in 4-5 years ...

Don't know what will happen if he files bankruptcy. Are civil rulings wiped out too?
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote