REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Filipino donation collectors on the streets of vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/627359-filipino-donation-collectors-streets-vancouver.html)

guurl 03-13-2014 10:46 AM

more spotted at riverport outside of the cineplex:megusta:

murd0c 03-13-2014 10:52 AM

saw one at Fresh ST Farms in Fleetwood on Monday and was going to take a pic but just ignored her!! will take a pic next time

Tone Loc 03-13-2014 11:52 AM

They are at Broadway station quite often, they even go door-to-door in the Hastings/Boundary area, my buddy's parents owns the Kato Restaurant up there and they always harass them for donations.

I say "harass" because 99% of them are straight up scammers. Most donation collectors have licences or ID cards from their agencies (Red Cross, etc), if you ask any of these losers to provide one they 99% of the time will not be able to provide one. Keep asking them where the money goes and the answer changes every time. Very common around Christmas.

I am Filipino and I can say this is a pretty common trait even back in the Philippines. It is what it is, just ignore them and act like they aren't there. Your money will probably go farther with a homeless guy than these scumbags who lie about a charity to steal your money.

blee123 03-13-2014 10:52 PM

saw them today at Empire center in Richmond as well....

Acura604 03-26-2014 11:41 PM

Scott / 80th. Literally chasing people to their cars. Accosted me while I walked by and I ignored them.

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/6103/djd5.jpg

guesswho 03-26-2014 11:58 PM

See them on downtown granville street on weekend nights now...
Posted via RS Mobile

RESN 03-27-2014 07:37 AM

Came into Q1 while I was playing pool lol
Posted via RS Mobile

mk1freak 03-27-2014 09:04 AM

This past saturday afternoon I walked into starbucks at king george and 74th area with my brother
and we saw a couple filipina ladies talking to a guy (prolly a student) and succesfully get a couple bucks off him.
i was telling my bro look at the disgrace to our names hard at work (we're filipino btw) as I smiled and gave the the opening they needed.
Boom they zeroed in on us and asked us if we're flip and immediately called us kuya kuya
help out the little brothers and sisters in the the phillipines (in tagalog mind you) i smiled and replied to her in english loud enough for the whole store to hear.

me: oh you want money for the kids?
them: yes
me: but i just donate $40 to the other girl up by surrey central.
them: really? you are so generous kuya
me: yea but im not satisfied
them: why kuya you are not satisfied?
me: well i don't want to get her in trouble
them: its ok you can tell us kuya she's probably our friend
me: well ok ill tell you why i'm not satisfied...it's uh..well are you sure she wont get in trouble?
me: well she didn't swallow so i'm mad
them: swallow kuya?
me: yes
them: i don;t understand kuya
me: you don't understand swallow?
them: no
me: ok let me tell you what happened, i was driving to pick up my brother at surrey central station when she came up to my car
and ask me to donate to the kids I said im not sure she said its for good cause
i said im in hurry can you just ride with me and tell me about it and she said yes at which point when she got in car she told me about it.
i told her if you suck my dick ill give you 20 and she said no i dont do that.
well i said 40 and we are helping the kids and she finally said yes ,so she was sucking my titi and then i was cumming and then she spit it out see? because ....she didnt swallow.

now they are looking at me all wide eyed like seriously? and most of the store is looking at me like wtf

them: did she really do that?
me: of course, now you understand why im not satisifed, i'll tell you what i still have 40 dollars which one of you girls want to come to my car with me?
them: no no no we don't do that

then they hurried out the store.

when they left me and my bro burst out laughing and when we looked up people were like W T F.

I explained to everyone there. If these solicitors want you to donate and show you a flyer/pamphlet and what not DO NOT donate they are not legitimate ask them for the charity credentials and they won;t have any.
It is a scam they are making my culture and people look extremely bad...
(i can see some people still looking at me suspiciously) and btw I havent been near Surrey central today what i said was a lie and a little payback. i still have 40 in my pocket and when i went to order my drink i got it free of charge :fullofwin:

sorry in advance for the long read.

fliptuner 03-27-2014 09:22 AM

But what happened to the other $40? :ifyouknow:

white rocket 03-27-2014 09:22 AM

haha, great story.

A few months ago this group walked right through the front door at my work and started playing guitar(2 of them) and the other girls walked around passing out flyers. My co-workers were right in the middle of business with clients. I had to heard them up like cattle and show them the door. It was rude as fuck.

mk1freak 03-27-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8444709)
But what happened to the other $40? :ifyouknow:

spent at the same place you did :ifyouknow:

Mr.HappySilp 03-27-2014 09:46 AM

Haven't seem them much for awhile. But will they take gift cards too? I have a bunch of uesless ones.

cruz-in 03-27-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 8444699)
This past saturday afternoon I walked into starbucks at king george and 74th area with my brother
and we saw a couple filipina ladies talking to a guy (prolly a student) and succesfully get a couple bucks off him.
i was telling my bro look at the disgrace to our names hard at work (we're filipino btw) as I smiled and gave the the opening they needed.
Boom they zeroed in on us and asked us if we're flip and immediately called us kuya kuya
help out the little brothers and sisters in the the phillipines (in tagalog mind you) i smiled and replied to her in english loud enough for the whole store to hear.

me: oh you want money for the kids?
me: but i just donate $40 to the other girl up by surrey central.
them: really? you are so generous kuya
me: yea but im not satisfied
them: why kuya you are not satisfied?
me: well i don't want to get her in trouble
them: its ok you can tell us kuya she's probably our friend
me: well ok ill tell you why i'm not satisfied...it's uh..well are you sure she wont get in trouble?
me: well she didn't swallow so i'm mad
them: swallow kuya?
me: yes
them: i don;t understand kuya
me: you don't understand swallow?
them: no
me: ok let me tell you what happened, i was driving to pick up my brother at surrey central station when she came up to my car
and ask me to donate to the kids I said im not sure she said its for good cause
i said im in hurry can you just ride with me and tell me about it and she said yes at which point when she got in car she told me about it.
i told her if you suck my dick ill give you 20 and she said no i dont do that.
well i said 40 and we are helping the kids and she finally said yes ,so she was sucking my titi and then i was cumming and then she spit it out see? because ....she didnt swallow.

now they are looking at me all wide eyed like seriously? and most of the store is looking at me like wtf

them: did she really do that?
me: of course, now you understand why im not satisifed, i'll tell you what i still have 40 dollars which one of you girls want to come to my car with me?
them: no no no we don't do that

then they hurried out the store.

when they left me and my bro burst out laughing and when we looked up people were like W T F.

I explained to everyone there. If these solicitors want you to donate and show you a flyer/pamphlet and what not DO NOT donate they are not legitimate ask them for the charity credentials and they won;t have any.
It is a scam they are making my culture and people look extremely bad...
(i can see some people still looking at me suspiciously) and btw I havent been near Surrey central today what i said was a lie and a little payback. i still have 40 in my pocket and when i went to order my drink i got it free of charge :fullofwin:

sorry in advance for the long read.

LOL i laughed when i read "sucking my titi"

I sir am going to try this out.

Derek_N84 03-27-2014 12:06 PM

They're around Superstore in Richmond now, they hang around the ramp that goes up asking people for their change when they're leaving.

fliptuner 03-27-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 8444715)
spent at the same place you did :ifyouknow:

Sooo...NOT condoms. :lol

iEatClams 03-27-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 (Post 8435003)

I am Filipino and I can say this is a pretty common trait even back in the Philippines. It is what it is, just ignore them and act like they aren't there. Your money will probably go farther with a homeless guy than these scumbags who lie about a charity to steal your money.

I don't think ignoring them will solve the problem, they will just continue to do this to people that are oblivious to the fact that they are scammers. I think we need to make people more aware. Why isn't there a Steel on your side story about this?

Or, is there anything that will punish these individuals, if there are repercussions or something that will deter them from doing again.

Verdasco 03-27-2014 10:34 PM

so i was talking to a bouncer @ venue night club and we were talking about this situation where they would ask the line up folks and the bouncers would scream and yell at them to leave the property. One of them said "they were just looking for money to get their relatives to this country, even though they are lying and saying it is for charity"

makes me wonder if this is true and they are really desperate for members of the family back in the Philippines

CharlesInCharge 03-27-2014 11:32 PM

Wheres the thread for the scamming NGO's and green crusaders who want monthly donations to buy forest land from the "Crown corporation" to save the environment? I see these minimum wage scum bags on Denman st near the beach, Robson around the Granville area, and on Commercial Dr.

CharlieH 03-28-2014 12:09 AM

^

CiC you must be the life of every party

guesswho 04-02-2014 10:45 AM

happened again at bcit, this time in the library and she just comes right up to me while im sitting down and studying. :fulloffuck:

Hondaracer 04-02-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8445214)
so i was talking to a bouncer @ venue night club and we were talking about this situation where they would ask the line up folks and the bouncers would scream and yell at them to leave the property. One of them said "they were just looking for money to get their relatives to this country, even though they are lying and saying it is for charity"

makes me wonder if this is true and they are really desperate for members of the family back in the Philippines

If thats the case then instead of begging maybe they should be uhh..working?

CiC have any links to those guys buying the land as a scam? I always figured most were but would like some links as ammo
Posted via RS Mobile

Graeme S 04-02-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8445251)
Wheres the thread for the scamming NGO's and green crusaders who want monthly donations to buy forest land from the "Crown corporation" to save the environment? I see these minimum wage scum bags on Denman st near the beach, Robson around the Granville area, and on Commercial Dr.

Actually, they make a lot more than minimum. Just saying.

CharlesInCharge 04-02-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8448485)
If thats the case then instead of begging maybe they should be uhh..working?

CiC have any links to those guys buying the land as a scam? I always figured most were but would like some links as ammo
Posted via RS Mobile

To put it simply, its our rulers controlling both sides.
A shocking one is the cancer industry.

Klondike 04-02-2014 11:38 PM

Last year I was at Metro at night and there was a Filipino lady with a ratty looking donation box with random third world pics. I didn't buy it for a second and they were being really pushy.

Verdasco 04-03-2014 04:01 PM

but i see teenagers do this! like 13-18 year old girls! would on earth would they do this stuff if it was a scam?!?! Do they have no dignity??