REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Filipino donation collectors on the streets of vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/627359-filipino-donation-collectors-streets-vancouver.html)

lilkulit 10-13-2010 01:15 AM

See them at the mall whenever i go(metrotown) Since im filipino they approached me nicely and started saying nice things then ask me to donate. I told them i don't have change and only brought debit and they had the guts to tell me to go withdraw. Man they're soooo annoying specially if you're filipino. They force you to give them money. Since then i just ignore them and just keep walking when ever they approach me.

wobuffet 10-13-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 7143014)
I've got an easy escape route for whenever I'm harassed by someone like that. As soon as they ask me for change, I give them a puzzled look and respond with a "je ne parle pas l'anglais" (poorly written french for "I don't speak english"). If they keep on persisting as I walk away, I'll just speak a bunch of gibberish in French since it's unlikely they'll be able to understand a word I'm saying anyway.

your french was actually perfectly written. will be trying the same thing if i ever encounter them.

if they catch me speaking english before that, i'm gonna make them do pushups for "$$" and record it on video. do it for the lulz :)
see how they feel getting scammed :troll:

LexiSauce 10-13-2010 01:39 AM

man i would love to run into those ladys on a bad day

Boinky 10-13-2010 01:50 AM

maybe someone should make a fake name tag with a shitty laminated flyer and ask THEM for money on Halloween. :troll:

MTV Cribs 10-13-2010 02:24 AM

Me and my buddy was at the super market at Yao Han and this Philipino girl about 15-16 years old was asking for money for some disaster in the world. Of course we know it's a scam because we keep up with current events but this little girl wouldn't stop bugging us. She followed us around the whole time we were there. I hope she gets raped one day after asking the wrong person for money :rofl: . Just kidding that's mean, maybe get her boobs squeezed or something. Anyways, I'm sure she learn this behaviour from her mom or aunts. If these females want money so bad they should just become whores. And I bet there are a lot of people reading this thread right now that knows somebody Philipino doing this kind of activities. You know who you are. Next time I run into any of them I will take a picture and post it here :D

MTV Cribs 10-13-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosty (Post 7142701)

This reminds me of some pyramid scheme that some people I know went to. Most of the people attending are Philipino. I think they like to get scammed and once they realized they got scammed, they try to get their money back by trying to scam people they know and strangers. It's a dumb circle but dumb people deserve to be scammed.

BlacknJean 10-13-2010 03:24 AM

^theres this financial education 100 thing going on, where these people in suits make you fill out a very vague survey about your financial situation and trying to teach you how to make/save money. Then they'll try and make you pay like $300 fee to join them or some BS like that

Lomac 10-13-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobuffet (Post 7143158)
your french was actually perfectly written. will be trying the same thing if i ever encounter them.

if they catch me speaking english before that, i'm gonna make them do pushups for "$$" and record it on video. do it for the lulz :)
see how they feel getting scammed :troll:

Lol. It's been a long time since ive written French. Speaking it isn't an issue... I think. Glad to know I haven't completely lost it.
Posted via RS Mobile

asian_XL 10-13-2010 06:34 AM

I never trust those people who ask for donation on the street.
the last time I paid those fuckers did not pay attention to who they are.
Later I found out the sticker says "adult education of XXXX place".

:fuuuuu:

evil_jigglypuff 10-13-2010 09:56 AM

I usually just see them at Metro but they seem to be expanding. Just yesterday, I was at the TD bank on 72nd st and King George and they were there.. 4 of them. Before they sell treats in exchange for donations but they seem to no do that anymore..

wingies 10-13-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7143004)
Interesting... Never had this before. Maybe they should go to tim hortons to ask their fellow flipinos. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile

or kfc, wendys, or mcdicks, or the people working in the foodcourt :rofl:

ra604 10-13-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7143004)
Interesting... Never had this before. Maybe they should go to tim hortons to ask their fellow flipinos. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile

watchu talking about tim hortons and church's?? its subway where they all at

corollagtSr5 10-13-2010 09:48 PM

I see it downtown as well, on grandville

jbsali 10-13-2010 10:19 PM

has anyone even thought of bringing this to the attention of a local police department? Theres enough people in this thread repeating the same intersections and stores. If it was a legit charity, they would have no problem showing proper documentation to the VPD/ RCMP.

ShanghaiKid 10-13-2010 10:26 PM

I've never had the opportunity to meet any of these aggressive donation collectors, but someone find me one on a day I'm not busy and I'll implore this little plan of mine...

First I'll walk up to them and ask them in broken english with a heavy chinese accent "you riking to donating to china rerief funding?" At which point they'll give me a puzzled look. As they ask me whether I'd like to donate to their phillipines earthquake 2012 zombie apocalypse charity, I'll keep asking brushing them off with "NO NO! YOU HAVE TO DONATING THE MONEY TO THE CHINA CHARITY, MORE PEOPLE IN CHINA LA, NEED MORE MONEY LAAA." Of course this is a rinse and repeat process until they simply get bored and walk off, at which point I begin to follow them, asking for spare change.

If they don't have spare change I'll ask for paper money and say "you go to bank and withdrawering the money, I coming with you la." Assuming these people have any sort of temper, they'll be annoyed with me at this point. But I'll keep following, disrupting them from asking other people for donations by asking those people whether they'd like to donate to my CHINA fund, while the entire time pestering them with "DONATION PREAAASEEE, I RIKING THE MONEYYY, PREASEE DONATING TO THE CHINA".

This will keep going until they decide to finally flip out on me (pun intended), whereupon I'll hold out my hand in a STOP motion, dig my hand deep into my pocket, and throw some pennies at their feet. I'll then proceed to turn around and walk away.

Fafine 10-13-2010 10:42 PM

^ LOL i read that in his voice
http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/36752.gif

124Y 10-13-2010 10:52 PM

For some reason, these flip c-lais remind me of her:

muteki 10-14-2010 01:04 AM

I don't get it. Why does Canada keep letting these type of people immigrate. -_-
It's like they just want more beggars/scammers on the streets or something. It wasn't as bad a few years back and now fob scammers are all over the place.

ra604 10-14-2010 01:26 AM

^ lol because the white man got desperate enuf to invent....THE GREEN CARD rofl

rJZx 10-14-2010 01:27 AM

Whenever i get approached by them i just stop what im doing pause, and then stare them in the eyes O.O like that haha for a good 10 seconds then keep going with my day like they dont exist.

Ikkaku 10-14-2010 01:53 AM

I like the idea of counter donation begging hahaha, I was actually thinking of that if they ever approach me.

Midnitez 10-14-2010 02:01 AM

i just say no n ignore them by continuein lookin down on my blackberry/iphone....
works every time!

goo3 10-14-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyComplex (Post 7144788)
I don't get it. Why does Canada keep letting these type of people immigrate. -_-

you mean flips?

or you want to have them fill out a survey and if they answer yes to scammer, don't let them in?

matter 10-14-2010 10:26 AM

My buddy used to get approached all the time; his moves are legendary because they were all spur of the moment. None of this pre-planning.

-He was studying at the library, deaf guy walks around putting leaflets on ppls desks. Buddy looks up with a WTF look, nudges it off his desk with his pen on to the floor, wont even touch it with his hand, and continues studying. Deaf guy has super pissed look in his face, my buddy looks at him expressionless, goes back to studying.

-Bum harasses him as he goes into mcd's for food, buddy says no, bum mouths him off. buddy orders a water, and on the way out throws it in the bums face and books it.

-Lady asks for change, buddy says he only has coins, lady says thats ok. My buddy has a handful of pennies and nickels, shows it to her and tosses them on the floor. He watches her pick them up with a look of disgust on his face and walks away.

CRS 10-14-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matter (Post 7145069)
My buddy used to get approached all the time; his moves are legendary because they were all spur of the moment. None of this pre-planning.

-He was studying at the library, deaf guy walks around putting leaflets on ppls desks. Buddy looks up with a WTF look, nudges it off his desk with his pen on to the floor, wont even touch it with his hand, and continues studying. Deaf guy has super pissed look in his face, my buddy looks at him expressionless, goes back to studying.

-Bum harasses him as he goes into mcd's for food, buddy says no, bum mouths him off. buddy orders a water, and on the way out throws it in the bums face and books it.

-Lady asks for change, buddy says he only has coins, lady says thats ok. My buddy has a handful of pennies and nickels, shows it to her and tosses them on the floor. He watches her pick them up with a look of disgust on his face and walks away.

If I ever saw your friend do any of the following, I would kick his ass. Your friend is what is wrong with society because he has the idea that he is better than someone else because he are better off.

It's arrogant douches like that need to give their head a shake. Legendary? Yeah, more like fucking pathetic.