REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #51
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

T&T guildford parking lot a filipino man came up to me and kept asking for money so i gave him a dollar and then he had the nerve to ask for more money. I was very shocked so i walked away quickly to my car. A woman asked me for money at coquitlam center the same week. In all honesty im not sure if its a scam because filipino people frequently send money to relatives back home (my mom does) so im not sure... but they are very pushy
Advertisement
SRTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #52
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
haven't had this happen to me yet but this reminds me of all the beggars in India who constantly nag you, and follow you around...i swear they can spot you from a mile away...ssoooo fuckn annoying, everywhere u go there constantly following you and even if you bitch them out they still wont stop until u threaten to shit kick em...aawww the memories
ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #53
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTOY View Post
In all honesty im not sure if its a scam because filipino people frequently send money to relatives back home (my mom does) so im not sure... but they are very pushy
I wouldn't care if it was going to their family. If it's not going to a legit charity, punch em in the face.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #54
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
1 give them fake bills
2 ask for changes
3 ?????
4 PROFIT
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i see them a lot under the brick house sky train station, last time they approach me i told to look at that homeless guy sitting right there & that he needs the change more then u do at the moment so i gave the homeless dude my change & walked away before she could even say anything

i love doing charity work, & i normally would donate to big organizations or small organizations with a big organizations support & thats it

next time either i tell them i hate kids or give them monopoly money

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #56
jjl
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shun Izaki View Post
see this all the time back then at 3 road blenz

They come up to you, and bug you for change and stuff... and are pretty fucking persistent.

You're better off not wasting the time (scam or not) bugging people.
Met one around here too, was heading to tri-tea. They asked me for donations for the tsunami relief I think... was a year ago. She showed me a list of people who donated ($50/$20 etc) with signatures that had VERY similar writing. She didn't offer any id up front and I just said "not interested".

Didn't know it was such a big problem, going to let everyone know. Spread the word people!
jjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #57
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
im pretty sure they are like many donation organizations. they are probably "legit" in a sense that they do donate to their cause, but probbaly a huge chunk of the % is towards "cost of operations".
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Yeah, these things are totally the same.

You know, one being a scam and all while the other being a legitimate youth organization that lacks funding.

I never said they were the same thing I just said they annoy me.
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #59
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,158 Posts
One of them came into my work place, she got pushy on the donation so I told her to GTFO.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by TypeRNammer; 10-12-2010 at 03:00 PM.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #60
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Someone should send a news team and setup a sting to get @ these people.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #61
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,243 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Someone should send a news team and setup a sting to get @ these people.
+1!
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #62
degenerate extraordinaire

They need to learn how to do this properly from the Japanese people at Little Tokyo in LA. They were super pleasant, and they gave you a sticker so they knew who donated. They would thank you when you passed by, and have a great big smile on their faces. It's organizations and volunteers like them who I don't mind donating to.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #63
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post

Next time I see these girls il negotiate for a blowjob, or a clean house.
Posted via RS Mobile
If they refuse,tell them to think about the kids in the picture they show everyone and how she/they can help them out.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #64
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Had two ladies approach me and my friend in a small store one time. One had a guitar and they both sang a song. After they sang their short song, they bugged my friend and I for change. We told them we had no change and the owner of the store straight up told them to get out of his store. lol
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #65
2 Wheel'd Mod

I've had multiple run ins with these people and none of them were pleasant.

First Run-In:

About a year ago, my dad and I were coming back from a worksite kinda late (11pm)so we decide to stop at Ken's kitchen to get something to eat. Right when we were about to enjoy our food, these three Filipino women come in with a guitar and start sing "nobody but you", but only the "nobody nobody but you" line again and again and again. Everyone was quite annoyed with them when they started asking for money and the manager came out to kick them out. They would NOT leave. They kept asking for money from the patrons until my dad caved in and gave them a 10, which was more than generous. Then they had to audacity to ask me for money as well saying things like " you should match your dads donation and I know you have money on you, I can see it. (My wallet was on the table). i tried to be polite and said no, and she made a move for my wallet. I pushed her aside and said "wtf are you doing? \you got your money, gtfo you dirty flips." Before she had a chance to say anything the manager threatened to call the cops and they left. My dad said "If I knocked her out and went to jail, I would of posted bail".

*note that had these really cheap laminated name tag things that say they are from some unknown charity.

Run in 2:

Not as interesting as the first one but just as annoying. I was at the td (next to metro) getting cash for this dinner i was going to. These two filipino caught me leaving bank and asked for a "donation" and i remembered the same tag. I asked what it was for and they said for an earthquake in the philipinnes. I said I dont recall hearing about one, and they said it wasnt in the news yet. So I declined and tried to leave but they wouldnt let me. Everytime I would try to leave, they would move a bit and cut me off. They kept insisting saying it would be a donation to humanity and stuff. I ended up escaping by faking left(iirc) then dashed right. I started to heading to my car and they started to follow. At this point im kinda pissed but also a little creeped out and confused. I jumped in the car and left as fast as i could.

/rant

God i hate them so much...
/)__)
-"--"-

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=417820
!oHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #66
Better safe than Surrey

I ran into a heard of flip women downtown while the olympics were going on. They were just canvasing the area asking every single person for money. They had red shirts and some ghetto inkjet name tags. Seen them a few times since, pretty sure there a scam.
Posted via RS Mobile
OTG-ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #67
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i've ran into them quite a few times. normally when you see someone with ear phones on, you wouldn't bother asking them but this bitch wouldn't stop and you have the nerve to tell me to go to the fucking bank to withdraw, fuck you! and she gave me the whole guilt trip for being filipino. like "filipino ka ba?" smh
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #68
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
And that is why I listen to music on my iphone when I see them.

Best way to ingore them!

Seen them at main st station once and they ask me for change. I give them my used bus pass and they give me the WTF look lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #69
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
seen em at metrotown and near skytrain stations alot
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #70
Rs has made me the man i am today!

one time in richmond @ pho 99, they came in singing songs and started asking everyone for donations. They got the boot from the waiters.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #71
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by oHenry View Post
I ended up escaping by faking left(iirc) then dashed right. I started to heading to my car and they started to follow. At this point im kinda pissed but also a little creeped out and confused. I jumped in the car and left as fast as i could.

/rant

God i hate them so much...
LOL sounds like you played football/bball
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayboogz View Post
I've seen these ladies all around town straight scam artists i bitched them out cuz they wudnt leave me n my buddies alone
Posted via RS Mobile
what did u say ? quotes?
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #73
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Lady: Are you filipino? Japanese?
Me: Hawaiian-Samoan

They were very pushy and aggressive. I even told them I already donated and they didn't care.

tips@GlobalTVBC.com
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #74
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
you guys should start trolling them hah. whip out the cellphone, take pics of their faces/video. i like the push ups idea followed by not giving them a dime
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #75
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
It definitely isn't localized to Vancouver... I was at Square One mall in Mississauga for lunch today, and one of these same fake Filipino charity money collectors was walking around the food court asking everyone for money. Everytime they've approached me, including today, I've ignored them and turned away before they can even get five words out of their mouths, so I've never had a particularly bad experience with them. Today, to my dismay, some young white guy actually pulled out his wallet and gave her a bill.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote