REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #76
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

someone should go into a bank with them then raise hell and yell out that your being robbed and your being held against your will. problem is you've go alot of explaining to do when the cops get there
Advertisement
UnName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #77
I don't get it

An old joke, but still relevant.

Charitable Donation
A local United Way office realized that it had never received a donation from the town's most successful lawyer. The person in charge of contributions called him to persuade him to contribute.

"Our research shows that out of a yearly income of at least $500,000, you give not a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give back to the community in some way?"

The lawyer mulled this over for a moment and replied, "First, did your research also show that my mother is dying after a long illness, and has medical bills that are several times her annual income?"

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbled, "Um...no."

"--or that mybrother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair?"

The stricken United Way rep began to stammer out an apology but was interrupted,

"--or that my sister's husband died in a traffic accident," the lawyer's voice rising in indignation, "leaving her penniless with three children?!"

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, said simply, "I had no idea..."

On a roll, the lawyer cut him off once again: "--so if I don't give any money to them, why should I give any to you?!?"

I bet the scammers will STILL argue that giving it to them is a better.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #78
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
It definitely isn't localized to Vancouver... I was at Square One mall in Mississauga for lunch today, and one of these same fake Filipino charity money collectors was walking around the food court asking everyone for money. Everytime they've approached me, including today, I've ignored them and turned away before they can even get five words out of their mouths, so I've never had a particularly bad experience with them. Today, to my dismay, some young white guy actually pulled out his wallet and gave her a bill.
should of stopped him man!

next time i see these guys, im going to the push ups idea and film it and put it on revscene

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #79
RS controls my life!

its freakin weird but i was reading this thread today and i was walking to the skytrain in richmond and a filipino girl asked me for a donation to a charity! lol they are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #80
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
They need to learn how to do this properly from the Japanese people at Little Tokyo in LA. They were super pleasant, and they gave you a sticker so they knew who donated. They would thank you when you passed by, and have a great big smile on their faces. It's organizations and volunteers like them who I don't mind donating to.
if u every go to HK u see ppl like that a lot & they ask u to put your domination in bag they carry & they give u a sticker after you dominate, & all the money goes to organizations like the cancer foundation & stuff like that

why don't all of us sent an email to CTVs chris olsen on his little segment called "Olsen On Your Side " during the 6:00pm local news, hes fights for consumers a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Meh. A female mouth IS a female mouth lol. Plus, the ones I saw weren't exactly old ladies, maybe mid 30 early 40's
Posted via RS Mobile
i'm down for a group buy
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #82
Banned (BBM)

Ran into one at the liquor store in surrey, bitch made me give her my pocket change. It was all nickels and dimes. She still had the nerve to ask me for paper money.
kokanee_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #83
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
these people ask for money outside no9 sometimes in the middle of the night..its fucked up
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #84
Need my Daily Fix of RS

http://filipinoscams.blogspot.com/20...insurance.html

more flip scams..... fu*kers!
ghosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #85
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
if u every go to HK u see ppl like that a lot & they ask u to put your domination in bag they carry & they give u a sticker after you dominate, & all the money goes to organizations like the cancer foundation & stuff like that

why don't all of us sent an email to CTVs chris olsen on his little segment called "Olsen On Your Side " during the 6:00pm local news, hes fights for consumers a lot
lolwut, maybe after he dominates the stickers he can dominates stamps right?
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #86
br2

Just had an encounter with one today at metrotown food court

except he said he was deaf and the money was for himself
and he ate out of the trash
br2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #87

man...these flip ladies sound worse than that fake native deaf guy that goes around handing out leaflets for donations.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #88
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
The obvious question that comes to my mind is 'Who's running them?'

Maybe CTV would be interested... hmm...
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #89
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

They're around Matsuyama and Twinkle 1 on Alexandra Road in Richmond all the time... I don't get why the restaurants allow them to go inside and pull that shit.. The first time I ever saw them was when Indonesia was hit with that huge ass tsunami back in (2004? or 2006?) the day.. just came back from HK and went to eat and I still see them wtf! They're like little rats
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #90
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I thought it was a little strange to see a 4 page thread on this and not experience it...

I Just came home from Estea, was eating and heard this obnoxious fucker playing his guitar and singing. When i turned around there was a group of them shoving their flyers out at the waitress... poor girl tried so hard to be nice while trying to get them to leave.

How could someone ask for money like that and not feel any shame whatsoever?!
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #91
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
My friend is caught up in something very similar. He tried to get me to join the company, and after a pointless hour long presentation, I couldn't be any more convinced that it was all bullshit.
I feel sorry for him. He's been tricked and he thinks it's all legit.
Posted via RS Mobile
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #92
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

lol it seems like majority of sightings are in richmond/metrotown or just near sky trains? maybe their way of transportation and their "target" spots?

I've personally never seen one but now that i think about it..if they get too pushy and its a guy..I don't mind taking him out. for the women...maybe they are worth the bj

Go further and let the province or even the vancouver sun know?
ra604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #93
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Interesting... Never had this before. Maybe they should go to tim hortons to ask their fellow flipinos. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #94
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I've got an easy escape route for whenever I'm harassed by someone like that. As soon as they ask me for change, I give them a puzzled look and respond with a "je ne parle pas l'anglais" (poorly written french for "I don't speak english"). If they keep on persisting as I walk away, I'll just speak a bunch of gibberish in French since it's unlikely they'll be able to understand a word I'm saying anyway.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #95

lol they came inside matsuyama tonight and went to our table and i guess every other table and asked for donations..
i think i saw a cop roll into the driveway but i'm not sure if they were there for the filipinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Interesting... Never had this before. Maybe they should go to tim hortons to ask their fellow flipinos. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
you mean churches chicken.
mrclean604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #96
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I've got an easy escape route for whenever I'm harassed by someone like that. As soon as they ask me for change, I give them a puzzled look and respond with a "je ne parle pas l'anglais" (poorly written french for "I don't speak english"). If they keep on persisting as I walk away, I'll just speak a bunch of gibberish in French since it's unlikely they'll be able to understand a word I'm saying anyway.
I tend to speak in Portuguese to anyone who annoys me on the street. Sounding indignant is a plus.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #97
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

They always at crystal mall entrance as well. Saw them couple times already. And they are very aggressive.
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #98
br2

Ok now that we have collected enough information about these people, the question is what are we going to do about it? I say we confront them head on with the intention of making them look like fools. Someone should take pictures of them just to freak them out a bit and when they ask, say you are submitting it to the authorities
br2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #99
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^
- play along with the donation
- tell them you have friends at church that would love to donate
- get one of their phone numbers
- post it on /b/ let them wreak havoc
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #100
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

ive never experienced this before
sounds interesting..
i hope i meet some of these people soon
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote