REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #151
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Alright guys... I'm currently camping out at Starbucks in Richmond right now. If they come in, I'll get my g/f to film and Imma troll the shit outta them.
Advertisement
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #152
I STILL don't get it

throw some change on the ground and when they bend over to pick it up, kick them in the butt
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #153

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
First time running into one of these donation collectors at oakridge this saturday.

I ignored them thanks to revscenes advice, but my buddy was gonna give them change. I'm like:

"DONT DO IT MAN, REVSCENE SAID DON'T"

The lady even had the nerve to ask to donate a bill..
Posted via RS Mobile
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #154
God of Unce

I've bumped into the asian guy who bs about his car and asks for money to cab it lol.
At first he asked if he could use my phone to make a call to his friend, but the phone was off. Then he asked me for money to cab lol. At that moment i was like.. wait a minute, seems like the guy on RS!

Ignored him after that.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #155
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
some mexican people in sombrero's walked into my gf's work place on broadway a couple weeks ago and started singing and asking for charity money. my gf's boss tried to tell them to leave nicely and they said they wouldnt leave till they got some money, the boss snapped and they finally left.

f.cuking pathetic
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #156
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I had no idea this thread existed. LOL some of you are already too nice. I've learned to deal with pushy assholes through my time working in retail. I've put my mean streak to good use.

...and that was before I knew for sure they were a scam.

I've encountered them three times.

The first time, they came up to me, I tried to walk away but they kept getting in front of me, begging me to give them a donation. I was on the phone too. One said "You have nice shoes. I bet those were expensive. Some of these kids don't even have shoes."

I stopped, waited about 10 seconds in dead silence and looked her right in the eye. (Ask Slif if you want the story of how I did that...for a full minute...once.)

"Fuck. Off."

The second time was at a restaurant with my friends on my birthday. Nothing too interesting...I was with my friends and didn't want to make a scene. They yelled at us "Don't you care about the children!?" and I said "Of course not." The restaurant manager came and booted them.

The third time, I decided to fuck with them a little bit and asked the beggar to tell me a little about what they were doing. I wasn't really listening...just thinking about what I should say.

"So give us money." (No, seriously, that's what she said.)

"Okay, so how long before they're delivered?"

"Delivered?"

"Yeah, you're selling children, right?"

"...what?"

"Hey, lady...my sweatshop doesn't run itself. Maybe they could do some gardening or cleaning too."

I was going to say "Yeah, 425 degrees for two hours and some hot sauce, they are delicious." but I didn't think she would understand.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #157
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
anyone caught these scammers on camera??
Old 12-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #158
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
some mexican people in sombrero's walked into my gf's work place on broadway a couple weeks ago and started singing and asking for charity money. my gf's boss tried to tell them to leave nicely and they said they wouldnt leave till they got some money, the boss snapped and they finally left.

f.cuking pathetic
In a situation like this,that's when you just pull a baseball bat out and walk towards them with a ready to swing look.

If I was the boss,I would have said to them...."you can leave on your own or leave in a ambulance".

That's just straight up extortion.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #159
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
one guy came up to me at staples on 3 road back when the earthquake happened and was saying "kuya kuya donate money to send back home" i was like wtf?

i told him my cousin just died back home and that i was also looking for people to donate money so i can send it back, i asked him to go to the bank and take even 5 bucks out......fucker ignored me like he was a RS member :/
Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #160
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I've lived in downtown for just over a year and I've had to deal with this shit a lot. On robson, some filipino lady tried to guilt trip me for money for some disaster I just walked away. Two times when I went to watch a movie at the Scotia theatre some white guy comes by and begs for money for a train or he says he missed some train to some unkown part of BC. They like to ask you when you're in your car about to pay for parking. Another time I went to Chinatown for a quick lunch and some chinese guy kept begging for money as I'm about to get out of my car.

Last edited by josayeee; 12-06-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: grammar
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #161
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Just had an encounter yesterday in front of Crystal Mall.
30-40 year old woman said that "You have very fancy clothes, you know that some children in the Philippines don't even have clothes to change each day." She proceeded to tell me that my jacket looks expensive and asked how much it cost me.

I smiled and said "More than you can afford pal. Armani"
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #162

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
as for proof of the charity they work for, then pull out your phone and pretend to look for it and call up their office and ask for the lady's name... that will scare them off
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #163
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i love playing the heel with these peoples. straight up i told them f*ck the kids i rather spend my shit on diamonds, cars and hookers.
g604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #164
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

why not just say "folow me to a bank machine and i'll give you $100" then take em on a merry chase for several minutes till they smarten up and go away.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #165

Hey, do any of you know if the deaf dudes with sign language pamphlets are legit? Last time I was in Vancouver a dude came into the pizza shop I was in and asked for money. I gave him some and got a pamphlet with some basic sign language.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #166
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ not sure yet with so many scams it is best to assume they are fake as well.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #167
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
^^
I've encountered "deaf" beggars. They're the ones going around handing out a card that says their deaf, and to give them money. I just give 'em back the card. If only people would stop giving to panhandlers, then maybe there wouldn't be so many of them. What sickens me are the ones wearing decent clothing, and shoes that panhandle intersections. It's like that King of the Hill episode where slacker teenagers are begging, while wearing their designer brands. Get a fuckin' job, losers.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #168
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
Every fucking tim horton i ever been to even going across Canada for the military has a flip behind the counter
This is recently true of the Tim Hortons in my town now, young flips working there now. Waayyyy less depressing than the old people that had started working nights, that should be at home and retired.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #170
Rider

you have got to have no shame to do this shit.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #171
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
^^
I've encountered "deaf" beggars. They're the ones going around handing out a card that says their deaf, and to give them money. I just give 'em back the card. If only people would stop giving to panhandlers, then maybe there wouldn't be so many of them. What sickens me are the ones wearing decent clothing, and shoes that panhandle intersections. It's like that King of the Hill episode where slacker teenagers are begging, while wearing their designer brands. Get a fuckin' job, losers.
i saw one guy at Gm place when i was waiting for my friends to go to the game.

he tried to hand me the card but i just wave him off, then he gave the card to the girl beside me and got some money from her
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #172
Rider

^i would never give them money if anything i would only offer to buy them food

and the thing with the cards how do u know if take out your wallet or w.e that they arnt going to just grab it and run?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #173
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
you have got to have no shame to do this shit.
No, you just have to know they're full of shit...and you need to have somewhat of a natural mean streak.

The only beggar I ever give money to is the one outside of GM Place that does the whole "Beer, beer, beer, beer..." thing. At least he's honest and entertaining.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No, you just have to know they're full of shit...and you need to have somewhat of a natural mean streak.

The only beggar I ever give money to is the one outside of GM Place that does the whole "Beer, beer, beer, beer..." thing. At least he's honest and entertaining.
I think he means to be the scammer
Old 12-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #175
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Is this illegal to do?

this really annoys me that these bitches are going around gilt tripping people to donate and I bet they make huge amounts of money and they end up keeping it for themselves.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote