REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #276
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA_86 View Post
Very familiar.... Wasn't she one of those that was found in the Riot?
no, you are mistaken, it must be someone else
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #277
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA_86 View Post
Very familiar.... Wasn't she one of those that was found in the Riot?
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #278
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
HAHAH I think I ran into one of these people
I was waiting by the 41 bus stop @ Joyce Station and was having a smoke, so I stood away from the line-up. A Filipino man (looked mid-twenties) came up to me and asked if I would like to donate, but I told him that I only had a few dimes left. He then proceeded to ask me if I had any bills ... then I was like "... nah, sorry."
He didn't ask anybody in the line up; he picked out the people who stood off to the side
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #279
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
One of the scammers tried to hustle me for money at the 41st and Joyce bus stop too. A young guy asked me for a donation, small change, to help Filipino orphans. Then he does his routine and shows the photoshopped pictures of kids on pamphlets to get my sympathy.

I didn't want to get into an argument with him. So what I did I do? I made a deal with him. -pretended that I was also doing fundraising to help the Japanese after the earthquake at the Fukushima nuclear plant.

-told the dude. "Ok. I'll make you a deal. You want a five dollar donation from me, you give me five dollars for the Japan earthquake fund."

The dude gives me a a "WTF?" kind of stare, then says "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I am serious. Dead serious." He still thinks I'm playing games with him.

The Filipino keeps asking me for 5 bucks, while I give him the same reply "Give me $5 bucks for the Japan Earthquake fund, and I'll give you five bucks." This exchange goes on for about five minutes.

Then the bus arrives and I just take off with a smile. It worked. I flipped the scam on the Philippino.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #280
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
got 'accosted' by them at a canadian tire parking lot 2 weekends ago... they literally 'chased' me from my car to the store entrance.. i started running away yelling back "please leave me alone...stop pestering me!"...its almost like a comedy with this group.
the one on kingsway and victoria? they were at the dollarama across the street.

Is it wrong that I enjoy reading posts about members trolling these scammers?
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #281
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JDM View Post
They will never get a decent job, why? Most of them have illegal or do not have the proper paperwork to be here in canada. Worse is most of them do civil weddings just an excuse and easy eay on getting PR card to stay. Would seriously want them to be deported and black listed.
Posted via RS Mobile
this is very prevalent among newer Filipinos, many of the guys try to sponsor their "Wife", which is really their sister, cousin etc. just so they can re-unite with their family. I hear many stories from people that are account managers or representatives at banks that open up shiet loads of new accounts for Filipinos, and their suppose wife looks like their sister. This happens with other races too unfortunately.

I think one of the problems with these scams is that filipinos are the largest beneficiaries of the "skilled-labour" policy for immigration, where many come here with nursing, care-aid certificates/skills. From what I heard from my friends, the ones that come here with the fake credentials and cant find proper jobs are the ones that are resorting to these scams.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #282
Banned (ABWS)

These ppl are at BCIT everyday and it's fucking annoying. Now with a typhoon happening it's even easier for them to trick ppl into giving them money.

As a filipino-canadian this makes me sick.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #283
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Because of the scammers, I now associate Filipino people asking for donations as scammers. So the very first thing I thought about was the scammers are going to get rich for the next month or 2 by asking for straight cash donations or selling stickers
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #284
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

lol first thing I thought of of when clicking "last page" of this thread was "hey, I thought philipino ladies were doing this scam ever before the 2013 typhoon". Then I went to the first page and realized this thread is from 2010...
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #285
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
i knew this thread would eventually be bumped with what's going on. as unfair as it may be, these type of people ruin what may be genuine intentions to help (just look at the other thread).

publicly shaming the scammers would probably help just as much as donating to a reputable organization.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #286

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Only time I've come across this was at the Library downtown. They worked in waves.

At the front door, the bridge leading to the library, the library entrance, the escalators.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #287
br2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Pisses me off that they have the nerve to be angry fuk these guys
Posted via RS Mobile
br2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #288
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-nijzllab View Post
These ppl are at BCIT everyday and it's fucking annoying. Now with a typhoon happening it's even easier for them to trick ppl into giving them money.

As a filipino-canadian this makes me sick.
ballzjinder pls
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #289
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
^wut
Posted via RS Mobile
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #290
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I hope I come across these people I get enjoyment from telling twats like this to get fucked and if they want to argue even better. It's like telemarketers, I get excited when they call so I can fuck with them in different ways.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #291

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
^ there's always one by silvercity in metro. Asked me to donate to children in poverty at like 12am
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #292
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
came across one at superstore the other day, many lols were had
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #293
RS controls my life!

Spotted them at bcit... Thought they were asking for directions, but right when they opened their 'book' i was like no thanks..
Posted via RS Mobile
guesswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #294
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
hmm... two filipino women approached me at metro about 3 months ago asking for money. forgot what the cause was, but I declined and one of them straight up stroked my cheek and said "you a cute boy" lol. my ex was like

no thx jeff
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #295
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
It seems these women have made their way onto the island as well. I've been approached by these women on two occasions. The first time was a couple months ago. I was walking through UVic with my earphones in and my head down looking at my phone when out the corner of my eye I see this little asian lady weeding her way through a group of people and coming straight towards me. As soon as she gets to me, she grabs my arm with one hand with and flings her book on top of my phone and pushes it into me. I had no idea what this was about so I stopped and took out one of my earbuds. All I hear is something along the lines of "donations..children, Philippines.. $5..sign here" I said "no thanks" and started walking again, but she proceeds to stand in front of me and walk backwards and repeat her speech again..all while her book was still on top of my phone. I put my earbud back into my ear and kept walking. She finally gave up after realizing I wasn't going to stop, which was about ten feet away from where she initially stopped me.

The second time happened a few weeks ago at the same place I encountered the first lady. I was walking with my earphones in when I see this lady come towards me with a book in her hand. I recognized the book, so I didn't bother taking out my earphones. I just told her "no thanks" and continued walking. She tried walking beside me and pushing her book into me, but i just kept on walking and she gave up.

Since the Asian population is smaller on the island compared to the lower mainland, I got a good chuckle at how they only target people who looked Asian. There were Caucasian people walking around me both times I encountered them, but these women all made an extremely obvious effort to only make their way towards the Asian crowd.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #296
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^If you really feel like being an asshole, grab the book and run away. Or throw it on the roof in front of her

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #297
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
^If you really feel like being an asshole, grab the book and run away. Or throw it on the roof in front of her
i'm just going make sure she's in the area before i approach her.....so i can plan ahead of time to puke& spit Yogurt out on her book while signing it & make it look like a accident
then Upload the video to YouTube...
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #298
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

If you get really pissed off and they are persistent you can also be a jackass and say "me luv you long time $5 for quickie quickie!" Hopefully that will scare off the women?

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal
SupraMan604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #299
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
You guys should just tell these old hags to fuck off. Don't be nice, they'll just loiter around some more. If people start swearing at them, laughing in front of their face and calling them ugly twats, or pushing them into the bushes, they'll get the message! =)
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #300
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
i knew this thread would eventually be bumped with what's going on. as unfair as it may be, these type of people ruin what may be genuine intentions to help (just look at the other thread).

publicly shaming the scammers would probably help just as much as donating to a reputable organization.
i don't know what is worse... these women, or squeegee kids/panhandlers at street intersections
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote