REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
^Excellent advice.

I have a co-worker who half-assed his CITIZENSHIP application because he was lazy and he set himself back a few years and lost a lot of money out of pocket.

Smh, you're paying good money for something that you took upon yourself to do, why not do a good job at it?
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #327
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
^Excellent advice.

I have a co-worker who half-assed his CITIZENSHIP application because he was lazy and he set himself back a few years and lost a lot of money out of pocket.

Smh, you're paying good money for something that you took upon yourself to do, why not do a good job at it?
Let us not forget too that the US has something called "Expedited Removal" which means that US border guards have the authority to remove non-US citizens and bar them from re-entry for up to 5 years. The order is issued at the sole discretion of the US border guard.

The general rule of thumb is don't take the application lightly. With our close proximity to the border, it would be a great inconvenience if you could not cross for 5 years.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #328
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT

Last edited by dared3vil0; 11-02-2013 at 11:54 PM.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #329
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Ugh having read this thread front and back I still fuck up.

So I made a small (to me, maybe not to them) omission in my application. I forgot to add a country (Philippines) in my list of travel destinations in the last 5 years.

My question is: I know we all say "try to be thorough and don't make any dumb mistakes", but has anyone here actually made a mistake like that and still got approved? Going to the GOES FAQs, they say that you can correct application mistakes at your interview (assuming it gets that far). I feel sick having made such a dumb mistake.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #330

If it's just once, you'll probably be ok. You may get grilled for it, but chances are they'll let it go.

If you "forgot" that you visited the philippines 16 times in the past year, then things may be different.

Good luck though! Just wait, hope for th ebest, and be on your best behaviour when you have to bring the topic up.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
If it's just once, you'll probably be ok. You may get grilled for it, but chances are they'll let it go.

If you "forgot" that you visited the philippines 16 times in the past year, then things may be different.

Good luck though! Just wait, hope for th ebest, and be on your best behaviour when you have to bring the topic up.
Surprisingly (or maybe not so surprisingly), doing a Google search doesn't yield much in terms of people with my issue. I guess I'm the only one who makes mistakes like this

If I'm lucky enough to get to the interview, I figure it's in my best interest to make it known right away. I can't have them thinking I'm trying to ignore/get away with the omission
Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #332
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Surprisingly (or maybe not so surprisingly), doing a Google search doesn't yield much in terms of people with my issue. I guess I'm the only one who makes mistakes like this

If I'm lucky enough to get to the interview, I figure it's in my best interest to make it known right away. I can't have them thinking I'm trying to ignore/get away with the omission
i had a similiar issue forgot to mention that while i was in europe i went to spain as well. just go to the interview when they call your number the guy will ask for your documents and as your passing them over just let him know that hey i didnt mention i went to Philippines recently and they will just ask you when you went what was the purpose who was with you. i felt like it was a big deal but the officer just wrote some stuff down in the computer and everything was good
dj bally is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #333

Thanks for the reassurance! It seems you have to really lie about some crazy shit to get flagged and not get an interview.

Now if only my conditional acceptance would come for Christmas so I can actually sign up for an interview. It's been 6 weeks and counting :'(
Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #334
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

My recent application took 7 weeks for approval, first available interview date was in april and then june, kept checking back and finally got a january interview date.

I'm guessing that they do a full background check on you during the application process and know everything about you. Is the interview just a formality and to see you in person? Check if you answers are consistent and if you are a sketchy mofo?
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #335
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skholla View Post

I'm guessing that they do a full background check on you during the application process and know everything about you. Is the interview just a formality and to see you in person? Check if you answers are consistent and if you are a sketchy mofo?
Pretty much all they did was confirm all the info I submitted on my application. I was approved after the interview which was on November 26 and I'm still waiting for my card to arrive.
Posted via RS Mobile
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #336
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Pretty much

I sat down with the US side first to confirm my info. About 10 minutes later I got my photo taken and moved down 5 seats to the Canadian side (they share the same office). Another 5 minutes after that, I was standing there getting my fingerprints scanned.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #337
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Just did my interview last weekend. It was surprisingly easy going and the US guy was making jokes and whatnot the whole time. I was in and out in about 15 mins at the blaine location.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Just did my interview last weekend. It was surprisingly easy going and the US guy was making jokes and whatnot the whole time. I was in and out in about 15 mins at the blaine location.
For the Blaine location did you have to drive across? Or can you walk across to avoid any waits?

In general, what's the etiquette about walking across the border? Do you just walk along the car lineup and show up? I can't imagine that being too kosher with the border officers.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #339

Quote:
For the Blaine location did you have to drive across? Or can you walk across to avoid any waits?

In general, what's the etiquette about walking across the border? Do you just walk along the car lineup and show up? I can't imagine that being too kosher with the border officers.
There is a line for pedestrians and cyclists. Don't walk through the car lane, you'll probably get shot lol.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #340
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:

Get dropped off further down, before the cars start lining up. Like beside the Arch, and then the person can walk up through the first booth on the left. As was said before, don't get out of your car and walk across the lanes of traffic.
Also I don't think Nexus members are allowed to bring other people stuff through. Keep that in mind, unless you want the person walking to carry their bags with them...
Old 12-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
Get dropped off further down, before the cars start lining up. Like beside the Arch, and then the person can walk up through the first booth on the left. As was said before, don't get out of your car and walk across the lanes of traffic.
Also I don't think Nexus members are allowed to bring other people stuff through. Keep that in mind, unless you want the person walking to carry their bags with them...
I know about the last part. Are you talking about Peace Arch? Isn't the Blaine office at the Truck Crossing?
Old 12-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #342
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Was originally scheduled for late April at the Blaine location, but checked again yesterday and a spot in Jan opened. As of yesterday there were still 2 time slots open on Jan 22, so go take a look if any of you want an earlier appointment.

edit:

For those of you who've gone through the interview process, were you asked about any driving prohibitions and do you know whether having one prior will affect my chances?
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #343

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
^, thanks man, just rescheduled my interview. There's quite a few left for Jan 28 at Blaine.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #344
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
For those of you who've gone through the interview process, were you asked about any driving prohibitions and do you know whether having one prior will affect my chances?
From my experience, no and no. This is based on the initial interview and 2 renewal interviews.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #345
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
literally before i went to my interview i searched this thread and all the things ppl kept saying i wasgonna get asked...i literally got asked like 3 questions and that was it. stop over thinking this , it'll help lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #346

Yah...my only advice is to be truthful...these gusrds are trained to smell lies from a mile away...and there are lots of them in the room..hehe...
Posted via RS Mobile
JesseBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #347
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
has anyone submitted their application last month? i did mine back on the 18th of november and it's still pending
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #348
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I did one not to long ago and it took around 7 weeks. You are probably looking at the same plus extra time for holiday closures, short staff, etc
Posted via RS Mobile
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #349
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
^, thanks man, just rescheduled my interview. There's quite a few left for Jan 28 at Blaine.
originally scheduled one for my gf apr 1 at the dunsmuir office, checked a few days ago and managed to get one next monday Dec 30th at YVR.
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #350
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
My recent application took 7 weeks for approval, first available interview date was in april and then june, kept checking back and finally got a january interview date.

I signed up around 2 months back and was able to get an interview yesterday. And I was surprised how easy it was.

The interview was to double check your information was correct and if you have any criminal history and that was kinda it. The whole process took around 15min for me
Salzuberg is offline   Reply With Quote