REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #126
Not a mod

For those interested in Nexus, Nexus has seen huge volumes in terms of applicants on both sides of the border. The current wait period for interviews is well into October/November. Amendments are going to be made for the application/interview process to streamline things and get them done quicker.
Advertisement
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #127
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
^ fantastic idea! Bringing back 3rd party goods will lead to your card being seized at the discretion of the BSO. You should review your Nexus terms and conditions. (did you take offense when I called you a retard?)
Could you clarify "3rd party goods?"

This is my understanding of your post:

Alphamale has lets say a Nintendo Game Boy he purchased from eBay. I also have a set of baseball cards I purchased on eBay. I go pick up both items and declare it through the Nexus line/officer with receipts indicating the purchase/value of goods.

Would it be against Nexus terms/conditions for bringing Alphamale's Game Boy across? Please correct me if I've misunderstood. Thanks!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #128
Not a mod

^ Thats right. If you pick up any goods in the US that were purchased by another person for their use, its considered to be third party goods. Its to the Officers discretion but their options range from (1)waving you through and telling you not to do it again, (2)submit a report to Nexus who will contact you informing you of an infraction, (3)seizing your card and forwarding it to Nexus.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #129
RS controls my life!

Quote:
^ fantastic idea! Bringing back 3rd party goods will lead to your card being seized at the discretion of the BSO. You should review your Nexus terms and conditions. (did you take offense when I called you a retard?)

Not offended, more dumbfounded at your inability to understand written english. Never did I say, I wasn't going to declare anything. A few of my wife's friends who are now police officers, are former CBSA agents, and they said it's fine.

My question to you is, are you actually a CBSA agent? or have some grounds to say what you are stating is actually true? Because I am truly curious. As I have had a co-worker (also a nexus card holder) of mine pick up parts for me several times in the past.

My Feedback
TurboTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #130
Not a mod

Chances are you probably know more than me considering the people you know. So then why did you not just ask one of them your original question (Have any of you guys with nexus brought back a very expensive item, say a used turbo kit $2000-$4000? Do they just make you pay the tax on it.?) rather than make yourself look like a clown in this forum (seriously) ???

It doesnt matter what I do for a living. I told you the rules for Nexus concerning 3rd party goods. Its up to you to clarify with whoever you like. Instead of asking ppl who used to work at CBSA, why not call the Nexus office: 1-866-496-3987 !?!

You may be 'dumbfounded' with my 'inability to understand written english' however you made the following statement: I guess I'll be sending my wife down to pick it up, since they rarely make her pay, albeit she has never brought back any thing quite as expensive, and hope for the best. My response was third party goods could lead to your card being seized... this will probably apply more to your wife than you but push your luck and see what happens.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #131
RS Veteran

Quote:
^ Thats right. If you pick up any goods in the US that were purchased by another person for their use, its considered to be third party goods. Its to the Officers discretion but their options range from (1)waving you through and telling you not to do it again, (2)submit a report to Nexus who will contact you informing you of an infraction, (3)seizing your card and forwarding it to Nexus.
If/when going through the regular line up (not Nexus) are we allowed to bring back 3rd party goods?

(I ask out of curiosity. I've only ever done this once.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #132
Not a mod

^Correct. There's on a few instances where a Nexus card holder should be using a regular lane. (1)traveling with a non-Nexus person, (2)traveling with 3rd party goods on board.

The most important thing to remember is that any decisions made is to the discretion of the officer.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #133
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Chances are you probably know more than me considering the people you know. So then why did you not just ask one of them your original question (Have any of you guys with nexus brought back a very expensive item, say a used turbo kit $2000-$4000? Do they just make you pay the tax on it.?) rather than make yourself look like a clown in this forum (seriously) ???

It doesnt matter what I do for a living. I told you the rules for Nexus concerning 3rd party goods. Its up to you to clarify with whoever you like. Instead of asking ppl who used to work at CBSA, why not call the Nexus office: 1-866-496-3987 !?!

You may be 'dumbfounded' with my 'inability to understand written english' however you made the following statement: I guess I'll be sending my wife down to pick it up, since they rarely make her pay, albeit she has never brought back any thing quite as expensive, and hope for the best. My response was third party goods could lead to your card being seized... this will probably apply more to your wife than you but push your luck and see what happens.

I didn't ask them, because like I said, they are "her" friends, it's much easier for me to come on here and ask. AND, since this is a "car" forum with a "nexus" thread, I thought "hey, maybe someone with NEXUS on this CAR FORUM has brought back CAR PARTS, and have a quick answer."

I'm a clown? for asking if it is just tax I will be paying or if there will be duty aswell? okay...if you say so.

You're problem is, you keep thinking I am attacking you, but I am simply curious as to the things your are stating are concerning me. You are the one who is so quick to call me "retard" and "clown".... Obviously I don't want me OR my wife to lose our nexus cards, and if there may be an issue, then I won't send her, and I'll take a day off of work to go down myself.

I asked what you do, not to be a smartass, but since you sound like you have a decent knowledge of this stuff, I thought maybe you do work for CBSA.

So chill, breathe..... I have been searching all over the CBSA website and still can't find anything regarding 3rd party goods. Do you know where I can find it?

My Feedback
Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #134
RS controls my life!

So scrolling up and reading what you wrote, would it be acceptable if she were to come back via the regular line?

My Feedback
Old 07-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #135
RS controls my life!

Just a quick update, the wife just got home from the border with my turbo kit. She went through the Nexus lane, declared the turbo kit, was sent inside. They asked her again what kind of car parts they were?, then asked who they were for?, to which she replied "my husband." The charged her the tax and no duty, and she was on her way.

So, this experience was a "good" one, maybe she/I got lucky this time, just thought I'd share.

My Feedback
Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #136
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
hmmm i'm picking up a surge protector (two) one for me and one for my buddy. purchase receipt from amazon is in my buddy's name but shipping is to blaine under my name/account. would that be considered 3rd party based on the paperwork?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #137
RS Veteran

^
I think for something like that, I would go through the normal line up, not NEXUS. The sales receipt is in your friend's name and the shipping is to your name/account will bear no meaning.

Again, depending on the discretion of the officer, he or she may want to see the receipt, realize the receipt is not in your name, decide they are going to fully enforce NEXUS rules, you could be very well screwed.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #138
Not a mod

By all accounts you should be fine. Assume ownership and treat it as yours. Have your receipts with you.

Traveller: "im declaring a package i picked up at Hagens"
Bso: "what is it and whats the value?"
Traveller: "i dont know im picking it up for a friend. The package didnt come with a receipt"
FAIL
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #139
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
from personal experience

Quote:
By all accounts you should be fine. Assume ownership and treat it as yours. Have your receipts with you.

Traveller: "im declaring a package i picked up at Hagens"
Bso: "what is it and whats the value?"
Traveller: "i dont know im picking it up for a friend. The package didnt come with a receipt"
FAIL
Exactly...have the receipts ready with the proper value of the items...sometimes the invoice that comes with the package does not have a price on it, therefore print one off online before you head down. You are the importer, you pay tax on it, they don't care what you are going to do with them once they enter Canada, unless its for commercial/business purposes...generally officers aren't concerned with who's items they are.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #140
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
could someone confirm if the downtown vancouver nexus office has the iris scan?

also do I need to dress up (ie. business casual) for this interview?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #141
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post

Yes, it does have the iris scan. I think bcrdukes confirmed that too.

You don't need to dress up for the interview. They take the picture on the same day as the interview so I guess dress how you'd like to be seen on your NEXUS card.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #142
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:

Last time I wore a guess t-shirt and true religion jeans for the interview.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #143
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:

I think only the Airport one and Blaine one has the iris scan (it should state that when you select the location... but again, I did mine over 2 years ago...)

I went in a polo shirt and jeans, some people dressed up, others were in as casual clothes as it gets
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #144
I'm invisible

I booked my wife, my new born son and my self for the Richmond YVR location. The earliest we got was nov 29th for all 3 of us. My wife and son got 415 and I got 430
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #145
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

When I went for my interview a while ago, the initial booking was a month and a half but what I noticed was that you can reschedule anytime as long as its more than 24 hours away so I went on the website everyday afterwards for a couple of days until I found a booking that was only 5 days away (lots of people reschedule and free up spots) ... my Mother in Law had was approved from an interview in late july and her earliest spot was November but we checked for her from time to time and found a spot in Blaine for Wednesday this week so it does not hurt to up your spot by checking the website for new spots opening up ... good luck
Old 08-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #146
Director of RS Cares

Just wondering.. when you guys did the application did you register your car? I don't know if I misread that part and entered mine anyways..but now they need me to bring it in for the interview to get inspected. That's fine but once I confirmed a time and date for the interview they said:

When enrolling with a vehicle:
"Vehicle registrations and evidence of US automobile insurance by a company authorized to write auto insurance in the US"

Or is that just a generic note for all?? I thought at first (in a panic) that maybe I applied for the wrong program (SENTRI) but it's Nexus for sure.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #147
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
Just wondering.. when you guys did the application did you register your car? I don't know if I misread that part and entered mine anyways..but now they need me to bring it in for the interview to get inspected. That's fine but once I confirmed a time and date for the interview they said:

"Vehicle registrations and evidence of US automobile insurance by a company authorized to write auto insurance in the US"

Or is that just a generic note for all?? I thought at first (in a panic) that maybe I applied for the wrong program (SENTRI) but it's Nexus for sure.
I didn't register my car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #148
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post

I believe that's only for the Mexico border entry point. I remember reading that somewhere. I'll have to go over the application form again.

I didn't have to register mine when I filled in my NEXUS application. Many times, I'm carpooling with others or driving someone else's car so the car registration data isn't really relevant.

However, with that said, when I did my first NEXUS application (6 years ago when land, air and sea were seperate) they did ask for it. Now the new forms don't seem to ask or keep track of it. (nor does it show up on the GEOS site where you update all your other info like Passport number, etc)
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #149
RS Veteran

I didn't register mine.

The vehicle registration is for SENTRI and I have no plans on driving to Mexico anytime soon.

+1 to syee's post. The old forms would ask you for your car and license plate.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #150
Director of RS Cares

Hmmm..I will have to probably go into one of the Vancouver offices as they NEVER pick up their phones to ask the question. I was for sure I said "no" to the mexico entry question.....GAH.

But thanks for the help guys!