REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   The RS " DJ " Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/631739-rs-dj-thread.html)

Drow 08-04-2011 01:58 PM

hey guys, i wanna try to play around with synthesizers during my spare time and have been in love with this particular "sound" or "sample" ever since i started listening to techno / house / trance music. I was wondering what its called or where i can fetch it?

For an example it is the piano-y sound playing in the background of this song:

any help is greatly appreciated!

dj bally 08-09-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 7505582)
^
right now i have... The headphone doesnt work when i plug it into the controller or the laptop

Input: non
output: headphones (master:left chan/headphones: right chanel)
soundcard: mono separated (bcd3000)

for some reason this doesnt sync with Traktor either

you need to download and setup ASIO4ALL and then set your virtual dj soundcard to asio and select "asio4all" as your asio soundcard

exdee 08-09-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 7534669)
hey guys, i wanna try to play around with synthesizers during my spare time and have been in love with this particular "sound" or "sample" ever since i started listening to techno / house / trance music. I was wondering what its called or where i can fetch it?

For an example it is the piano-y sound playing in the background of this song:

‪Tiesto - I Will Be Here (Wolfgang Gartner Radio Edit)‬‏ - YouTube

any help is greatly appreciated!

its called a chord lol

LC21 08-10-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj bally (Post 7539587)
you need to download and setup ASIO4ALL and then set your virtual dj soundcard to asio and select "asio4all" as your asio soundcard

can't find any newer mac softwares

BrRsn 08-11-2011 11:27 AM

I got this as a gift,
http://www.amazon.com/Numark-MIXTRACK-DJ-Software-Controller/dp/B003UVASTO/ref=pd_ybh_21?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06JCCKNQHXCHSWX9T7A3
http://www.amazon.com/Numark-DJ-Multi-Channel-Interface/dp/B000S5Q2EK/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_img_b

Whats the best software to use this on my mac? Not really looking to be a crazy dj, but it'd be fun to be able to make some nice fades when there are family/friends' parties.

geeknerd 08-17-2011 01:34 AM

Hey i went to a friend's friend's house once and he was using his computer + a dj program + this mixer? it was smaller than a A4 paper and it only had knobs and buttons what not and he used it with the program to do some 'dj-ing', is that what a mixer is???? he was a beginner so he practised with that until he moved up to buy a full set. what was it?

BrRsn 08-17-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7548243)
Hey i went to a friend's friend's house once and he was using his computer + a dj program + this mixer? it was smaller than a A4 paper and it only had knobs and buttons what not and he used it with the program to do some 'dj-ing', is that what a mixer is???? he was a beginner so he practised with that until he moved up to buy a full set. what was it?

Probably something like what I posted above ^^ There's a bunch on amazon.com.

-EuroRSN- 08-17-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7541973)
I got this as a gift,
Amazon.com: Numark MIXTRACK DJ Software Controller: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: Numark DJ I/O Multi Channel USB 2.0 DJ Audio Interface: Musical Instruments

Whats the best software to use this on my mac? Not really looking to be a crazy dj, but it'd be fun to be able to make some nice fades when there are family/friends' parties.

You realistically have only 2 major options. Virtual DJ and Traktor or the supplied software.

geeknerd 08-17-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7548355)
Probably something like what I posted above ^^ There's a bunch on amazon.com.

it didnt have turntables, but it had way more buttons and knobs.

EUPHORiA1911 08-19-2011 10:09 AM

Hey guys so I was looking to buy a beginner setup for myself. And I was leaning towards the numark mixdeck, what do you guys think of it? Is it good for me, as a beginner, and good in general? Thanks!!
My budget is $500 or under, if you guys would recommend some. I was looking for a midi controller, with CD decks as well but just a midi is fine too.

-EuroRSN- 09-09-2011 12:10 AM

^ - M Audio Torq Xponent
- Vestax VCI 100 or 300

Check out Tom Lee for Midi Controllers! Most are all the same its all about brand and quality. Id stick away from what Futureshop thinks is great..

Is anyone interested in doing a little half hour Trance/House battle?

Manic! 09-09-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7548876)
it didnt have turntables, but it had way more buttons and knobs.

M-AUDIO - X-Session Pro - USB MIDI DJ Mixer Controller

EUPHORiA1911 09-09-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 7572416)
^ - M Audio Torq Xponent
- Vestax VCI 100 or 300

Check out Tom Lee for Midi Controllers! Most are all the same its all about brand and quality. Id stick away from what Futureshop thinks is great..

I wanted to get the vestax, but people have mixed opinions on it.. Some say 100 is good, others say 300. What do you prefer, I wanted to get the newer 300 simply because its newer, yet it seems that its not as easy to map it to traktor (not a big fan of serato itch)

-EuroRSN- 09-13-2011 11:47 AM

Biggest difference between the 100 and 300 is that the 300 has a built in soundcard. Meaning you can just plug in your headphones into the midi controller and boom your all ready to go.

If you get the 100 you will have to buy an external sound card that will splice up the audio and have a headphone out signal. Otherwise you will not be able to pre listen to the tracks your listening to. The Numark DJ/Io sound card will do a perfect job for that and cost only $100...

You should prolly go for the vci300 if you have a bit more money and that way its true plug and play.

As for traktor you will HAVE TO MAP every single midi controller with that program unless its traktor certified. You will most likely use Virtual DJ for the most part until you got traktor figured out and mapped lol.

I bought the VCI100 w/ Numark DJ/Io when i first got into this and i got to say i loved it no issues what so ever.

Hope this helps

EUPHORiA1911 09-13-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 7576736)
Biggest difference between the 100 and 300 is that the 300 has a built in soundcard. Meaning you can just plug in your headphones into the midi controller and boom your all ready to go.

If you get the 100 you will have to buy an external sound card that will splice up the audio and have a headphone out signal. Otherwise you will not be able to pre listen to the tracks your listening to. The Numark DJ/Io sound card will do a perfect job for that and cost only $100...

You should prolly go for the vci300 if you have a bit more money and that way its true plug and play.

As for traktor you will HAVE TO MAP every single midi controller with that program unless its traktor certified. You will most likely use Virtual DJ for the most part until you got traktor figured out and mapped lol.

I bought the VCI100 w/ Numark DJ/Io when i first got into this and i got to say i loved it no issues what so ever.

Hope this helps

Thanks bro, helped ALOT. I guess I'll go for the 300, because its more future-proof as well i guess..

-EuroRSN- 09-16-2011 01:23 AM

Finally UPGRADED TO SERATO!! :clap::willnill::clap::willnill::clap:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6171/...dd68fd83_b.jpg

sunny_j 09-17-2011 10:27 AM

^^ what were you using before?

exdee 09-17-2011 10:34 AM

i think you shoulda just traded in your cdjs for the usb compatible ones woulda been around the same price

-EuroRSN- 09-17-2011 11:40 PM

like what Denons? I would never upgrade from CDJ800s cause there is honestly no point but Serato was very necessary to me :)

BVU what do u use? Lets have a small battle lol

exdee 09-18-2011 03:00 PM

downgraded from 1000 mk3s to cdj 350s becuase i was short on money but it was pretty worth it hahaa gonna upgrade to 2000s soon

-EuroRSN- 09-20-2011 11:44 AM

!SG 09-27-2011 05:46 AM

ditto,

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny_j (Post 7580817)
^^ what were you using before?

!SG 09-27-2011 05:49 AM

no point, now you got serato, you can load everything thru the laptop!

your decks just become just that, just decks, only reason to upgrade is newer cdjs have the ability to control some of the serato functions right off the deck, and utilize the cues once again.

how do you like the sl3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 7581685)
like what Denons? I would never upgrade from CDJ800s cause there is honestly no point but Serato was very necessary to me :)

BVU what do u use? Lets have a small battle lol

-EuroRSN- 09-28-2011 05:21 PM

^ Exactly, no point in upgrading. One cool thing i realized is my mixer is actually midi assignable so once i buy my wires i can map all the serato functions into my mixer :)

As for SL3 its awesome! i dunno how i managed to go so long with out it. Loops are finally alot easier and everything just fell into place. Beat matching requires slightly more skill now cause you cant always dial into the exact BPM as you would on a CDJ. The tempos are abit off but you learn better this way.. Totally worth the money imo.

SG do u spin?

BTW guys, were having a live DJ show on tonight from 8-10pm on USTREAM make sure you tune in :) Link will be posted soon ETA 2 hours

-EuroRSN- 09-28-2011 07:09 PM

On Live here is the link

[link]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nimis-9-north-and-jet-live-stream