REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Game of Thrones **All Unaired Episode Spoilers Must Use Tags** (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632491-game-thrones-%2A%2Aall-unaired-episode-spoilers-must-use-tags%2A%2A.html)

rsx 06-20-2016 12:05 AM

Awesome episode. The fight scenes were done really well.

gilly 06-20-2016 12:17 AM

epic episode.

jonwon 06-20-2016 12:24 AM

Yo so was it just me or did the wildlings look like they pussied out when they got surrounded and almost crushed Jon Snow, not sure what was going on during that part. Also I was hoping to see the Giant go berserk, but no... RIP anyways

Culverin 06-20-2016 12:38 AM

Was anybody else disappointed?

All the subtlety in this show has gone.
Not impressed.
Goodbye pink letter ambiguity
Goodbye betrayal.
Goodbye political intrigue and grey morality.

Hello cartoon villains
Hello predictable deus ex machine.

Spoiler!

bobbinka 06-20-2016 12:44 AM

awesome battle

Spoiler!

SkinnyPupp 06-20-2016 01:30 AM

I thought it was fucking awesome. If you want to try very hard, you can pick it apart like culverin did above. For me at that point I would just stop watching. I have dropped many shows that I liked at first, because they got [in my opinion] bad enough to be unwatchable. Walking Dead for instance, a really fucking good show at first, but I got sick of it so just stopped. Culverin: just stop

The only really annoying thing was Wun Wun toying around with the spears instead of just charging in spinning around like Mike Haggar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pnyLiVs-nP...aggar_spin.gif

That would have been too easy though I guess.

StylinRed 06-20-2016 01:58 AM

The show has become rushed AF, and as above, dumbed the hell down...
considering they're waiting for Martin, why not extend some plots and flesh them out? like the battle for the North, or the battle for ships/slaves with daenerys....

as Skinny suggested, im about to/have basically quit

other than that though, the cinematography of the battle was fantastic

thumper 06-20-2016 07:46 AM

just wondering what are people's thoughts about sansa. i'm glad that littlefinger and the knights of the vale came and saved the day, but i can't help but feel a lot of people lost their lives on that battlefield because she didn't tell jon she had a wildcard...

jdmhaze 06-20-2016 08:02 AM

Sansa did what she had to do, knowing both Ramsey and Jon. Had Jon known about the reinforcements there's no way he would have allowed so many sacrifices. Jon probably would have come up with some honorable battle plan that would of lost. Ramsey, he's a cocky fuck, he had the army advantage and decided to fight outside of Winterfell. If he knew he was down in numbers he could of just held the castle, and waited it out.

Sansa has evolved a lot this season. She played the game well, and it worked out for her in the end. FFS, she even knew Rickon was gonna die.

thumper 06-20-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmhaze (Post 8765140)
Sansa did what she had to do, knowing both Ramsey and Jon. Had Jon known about the reinforcements there's no way he would have allowed so many sacrifices. Jon probably would have come up with some honorable battle plan that would of lost. Ramsey, he's a cocky fuck, he had the army advantage and decided to fight outside of Winterfell. If he knew he was down in numbers he could of just held the castle, and waited it out.

Sansa has evolved a lot this season. She played the game well, and it worked out for her in the end. FFS, she even knew Rickon was gonna die.

the other question i had was where do sansa and littlefinger stand right now? i can't help but feel that sansa just made a pact with the devil, because i don't think littlefinger did this for absolution from marrying her off to ramsey and he's after the iron throne for himself.

thumper 06-20-2016 11:09 AM

egh i think this answers my littlefinger/sansa question...

m3thods 06-20-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 8765101)

This was the first time I've seen those guys. I'm dying watching them deadpan their way through their thoughts. The guy on the right is like a funny Jewish Zach Galiferniniackikckis.

I admit I did roll my eyes when the KOTV came down to save the day, but oh man was the directing/cinematography absolutely mint.

kr4l 06-20-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8765137)
just wondering what are people's thoughts about sansa. i'm glad that littlefinger and the knights of the vale came and saved the day, but i can't help but feel a lot of people lost their lives on that battlefield because she didn't tell jon she had a wildcard...

It was said by Roose Bolten and Theon Greyjoy (and possibly Ned Stark) that winterfell is impenetrable from outside attackers (or something due to that effect). Something along the lines of if you are inside of winterfell, you can outlast any attacker because of the cold and hunger.

If Sansa told Jon about the Vale and they all gathered together, no way in hell would Ramsay go outside of the walls of winterfell to fight, and if the theory is true, they would have lost.

Ch28 06-20-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8765113)
I thought it was fucking awesome. If you want to try very hard, you can pick it apart like culverin did above. For me at that point I would just stop watching. I have dropped many shows that I liked at first, because they got [in my opinion] bad enough to be unwatchable. Walking Dead for instance, a really fucking good show at first, but I got sick of it so just stopped. Culverin: just stop

The only really annoying thing was Wun Wun toying around with the spears instead of just charging in spinning around like Mike Haggar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pnyLiVs-nP...aggar_spin.gif

That would have been too easy though I guess.

Watching him use his hands to swat away at 3 spears was really a big WTF moment. I don't get it. Why didn't he just rip off a tree stump and take it with him into battle? Dude would be swatting them Bolton soldiers away like it was a driving range :lol

GLOW 06-20-2016 01:08 PM

i was expecting him to grab a guy and using him to smash through the rest like this

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140317130903

Ch28 06-20-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8765205)
This was the first time I've seen those guys. I'm dying watching them deadpan their way through their thoughts. The guy on the right is like a funny Jewish Zach Galiferniniackikckis.

I admit I did roll my eyes when the KOTV came down to save the day, but oh man was the directing/cinematography absolutely mint.

Wait for the Alt Shift X episode breakdown he does on YouTube. I find he does the best ones, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaiWbio

m3thods 06-20-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8765246)
Wait for the Alt Shift X episode breakdown he does on YouTube. I find he does the best ones, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaiWbio

Yep for sure I follow his vids, as well as Aussie Man (more for the laughs but he's got some great insight as well).

It's nice that they stagger their videos throughout the week to keep my GOT thirst satiated until the next Sunday.

It's going to be another long 9 months :'(

Ch28 06-20-2016 01:36 PM

Aussie Man's vids are hilarious.
I love Alt Shift X because he goes REALLY in depth. He has so many other videos and the one on Varys was so much fun

gilly 06-20-2016 02:18 PM

I thought the arrow to the eye was a nice touch.

Ronin 06-20-2016 04:27 PM

Rickon went to the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things.

Serpentine, motherfucker....you'd be alive if you knew to run left or right every so often.

SkinnyPupp 06-20-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8765321)
Rickon went to the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things.

Serpentine, motherfucker....you'd be alive if you knew to run left or right every so often.

Then Ramsey would have had his entire archery squad shoot at him

This was more cinematic :fullofwin:

spoon.ek9 06-20-2016 06:44 PM

Bastard Bowl 2016 didn't disappoint! Awesome freaking episode :bowdown:

JSilver 06-20-2016 06:56 PM

The battle scenes?! Wow... felt like I was in it.

BeeBeeAhn 06-20-2016 07:15 PM

I couldnt breathe properly when jon was climbing out of that corpse mountain.

Also, I love grey worm. Clean kill and then adjusts his vest calmly and walks off. HELLO MURDERBONER

Vansterdam 06-20-2016 07:32 PM

someone shouldof gave big dude a shield and a weapon

man that episode was fucken SICK

can't believe only one more episode left of the season :(