REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #176
HELP ME PLS!!!

I guess he prefers China over Vancouver cause that's where he's playing now.
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #177
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Fuck Stu Jackson... Fuck Otis Thorpe... and Fuck Steve Francis....
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #178
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^fuck stu jackson +1
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #179
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

fuck big country
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #180

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
fuck big country
Why are you blaming him?? It's not his fault he was signed for $65-mill over 6 years when he hadn't proven shit; what is he supposed to say? "no thanks, I'm going to have to kindly decline that offer because I don't think I'm worth it"??....again, +2 on the fuck Stu Jackson...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #181
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
So who here will buy seasons tickets if we get a team?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #182
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
lol i remember a few of my friends that bought tickets to the grizz games just to see Jordan play back when he was with the bulls

but seriously i think getting a team is just too much for vancouver to handle ATM, wait & see how thinks turn out

IF STU JACKSON COMES BACK IM GONNA FLY BACK TO KILL HIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #183
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
the NBA is one of those pro sports leagues where you can screw and fck up anything and everything you touch, leave your job and go work for another team or end up in the NBA front office like Stu. Stu hit teh big payday when he moved up, me and my friends always joke around how he must have had some major dirt on some bigshot NBA execs to have weaseled his way into that job.

Happens with head coaches all the time especially they just move to another team when they get fired or leave, on a similar note I can't understate how idiotic it is to have a guy who used to be a gotdang video co-ordinator (yes the guy with no playing nor coaching background whatsoever in the video room chopping up clips making copies for players) to move his ass up all the way to head coaching position. That just blows my mind, and there's a handful of coaches like that in the NBA currently, it's almost like going from the mail room to being CEO of a company.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #184
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Rather have a MLB team instead of basketball here.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #185
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

if they didnt move the sonic's to okc, that would have been good enough for me. Would be a close enough drive to see one of the top teams in the west for the next how ever many years.

If the grizz come back, they should sign Lin and make Yao come out of retirement, would be a media frenzy in this city.
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #186
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I can't understate how idiotic it is to have a guy who used to be a gotdang video co-ordinator (yes the guy with no playing nor coaching background whatsoever in the video room chopping up clips making copies for players) to move his ass up all the way to head coaching position. That just blows my mind,
when i heard a commentator describe the coach's previous position i was like

wasn't it erik spolstra?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #187
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozo View Post
if they didnt move the sonic's to okc, that would have been good enough for me. Would be a close enough drive to see one of the top teams in the west for the next how ever many years.

If the grizz come back, they should sign Lin and make Yao come out of retirement, would be a media frenzy in this city.

They should also sign Kobe and bring Jordan out of retirement too.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #188
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozo
they should sign Lin and make Yao come out of retirement
lets not forget menke bateer, yijianlian, wang zhizhi, and sun yue

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #189
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
fuck stu jackson
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #190
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Lin and Nash in Vancouver would be sex

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #191
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Hockey is still first, but I don't see Basketball can be too far behind it too, Might even take over who knows. With the Chinese keeps coming in here, basketball will become more and more popular. Most Chinese Immigrate, are mostly canucks bandwagoner, just during the deep playoff not regular season games, yet don't even play hockey at all, but they do play basketball at University/College Gyms, or Community Centre, or Their Backyard almost like every day. Asian, who pay attentions to Canucks, are CBC or those who been here in Vancouver for 5+ years at least. So I believe having a NBA team here, will definitely have the fan base. Asian booming in Vancouver were like during year 2005 and on going. If only they didn't move in 2001

Last edited by i-VTEC; 04-19-2012 at 03:15 PM.
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #192
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d87c View Post
Hockey is still first, but I don't see Basketball can be too far behind it too, Might even take over who knows.
It's so far behind that it can't be seen from earth. Not a chance in hell, not in our lifetimes. That's like saying given time the Kings will be more popular then the Lakers, it's not happening.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #193
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Hockey is still first, but I don't see Basketball can be too far behind it too, Might even take over who knows. With the Chinese keeps coming in here, basketball will become more and more popular. Most Chinese Immigrate, are mostly canucks bandwagoner, just during the deep playoff not regular season games, yet don't even play hockey at all, but they do play basketball at University/College Gyms, or Community Centre, or Their Backyard almost like every day. Asian, who pay attentions to Canucks, are CBC or those who been here in Vancouver for 5+ years at least. So I believe having a NBA team here, will definitely have the fan base. Asian booming in Vancouver were like during year 2005 and on going. If only they didn't move in 2001
You sound like you think the NBA will work if all us chinese ppl gathered to support the team... That is just a small small small factor of the big picture
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
You sound like you think the NBA will work if all us chinese ppl gathered to support the team... That is just a small small small factor of the big picture

haha exactly.

If you check out the crowds in the past exhibition games and Steve Nash Charity Games, the crowds are mostly white and surprisingly - blacks (like wow, where do the blacks hide in the city ?) .
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
It's so far behind that it can't be seen from earth. Not a chance in hell, not in our lifetimes. That's like saying given time the Kings will be more popular then the Lakers, it's not happening.
Never say never.

LA Laker was crappy team before they got Paul/Odom. They even thought about trading Kobe haha.

Boston is another example, before Ray Allen, KG, they were on terrible, lost tons of games.

Vancouver Grizzlies was a team at that time due to not enough fan base. All I can say is the timing wasn't right at that time

Look at it now after they moved, with hiring the right GM and Coaches, they were able to change everything around with more fan base in Memphis. They beat San Antonio and almost beat OKC in last year's playoff

Another example would be the Seattle Sonic, now the OKC Thunder. Smart GM, lands 2 big superstars through draft.

Memphis/OKC even tho they can't compare to City like LA, to attract free agents. But with the Right Hiring of GM any team can be successful.

Btw, wouldn't you agree the Vancouver City > Memphis , Vancouver > OKC?

If Basketball would come here again, and more and more mainlander from China, HK, Taiwan immigrates here, I would like to see how many seats Canucks and XXX Basketball sells. Maybe Canucks will in the beginning, but I highly doubt it will stay that way

Last edited by i-VTEC; 04-19-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #196
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Vancouver Grizzlies was a team at that time due to not enough fan base. All I can say is the timing wasn't right at that time.
It didn't help that the NBA had rules in place that limited new teams' abilities to draft well... or that they really had shit management. Expansion teams at that time were basically made to fail the first few years... don't know if it's any different now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Im talking about the Chinese will be the biggest contributor to the team as the fan base. Will be the driving force. Yes, its small factor, but without that factor, everything could fall apart. The first step is also comes down if you have the fan base. If not, don't even think about it.

I doubt Lakers or the Boston can win Championship with no fan base at all haha

The Owner/GM won't even want to put the effort to do their job if no one support their decision.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #198
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Vancouver would undoubtedly be known as "China's" team with all the investors here coming from the Mainland. Just think of Mariners and Ichiro. Everyone in Japan knows the Mariners because of Ichiro and half of their ads have some sort of Japanese in them. Likewise, if a NBA team do land themselves in Vancouver again and given that we have some decent Asian players, the team will be backed by not only fans in Vancouver but their origin - China.

Monetary support will not be an issue

But all these may just be wishful thinking

Btw, our logo was sick
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
It didn't help that the NBA had rules in place that limited new teams' abilities to draft well... or that they really had shit management. Expansion teams at that time were basically made to fail the first few years... don't know if it's any different now.
Well, it's not like if Kings were to move to Vancouver, they have to build from scratch.

They already got good pieces. Tyreke Evans (even tho, this year was slump for him), Cousins, Jimmer, on coming Draft.

Now they really need is a good coach, and knows how to develop their potential. Also make good decision on getting the right pieces to the team.

Give a few more years, they could be a playoff time, 8th seat.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #200

Not all owner have their main goal is to win Championship, mostly they just want to make profit. Right not, Kings in Sac is not making any profit. However, moving to Vancouver, would definitely be a good investment. Moreover, if they were to get JLin, to play for them, I dont know if everyone will be talking about Canucks, or the Basketball team. Even if JLin turns out to be not as big as a star like that week of amazing performance, it would still be best advertising tool to make a lot of money like how Huston use Yao Ming, but Yao was a great player. All in all, as long as owners can make money, whether is through ticket sales or advertisement, owners will tend to move to that area.

Furthermore, look how JLin created a hugh buzz. He plays for New York, not even here in Vancouver. He affected a lot of countries.

Since when Canucks, were able to create that kind of buzz like how Lin, 1 person, did.

Also, have you seen Floyd Mayweather making fun of Canucks or ESPN =)

Last edited by i-VTEC; 04-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.