REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #76
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
are men and women equal? no

is that fair? nope

are both genders getting their due respect? yeah i think so. i dont see any of my female collegues any lesser than me, if anything, i respect them for their work duties, and how they managed to juggle it all.

nothing in the world is equal, nor is anything fair...

its life... we can only hope to achieve it.

in school, we have a choice, no pressure. my sis went into sciences, i went into finance.
if anything its got more to be with asian culture. im pressure sure i would have been "shadow kicked" to high heaven if it decided to go into art and finger painting, especially how shitty i am at it...

about the rape comment, maybe in a 3rd world country, or even Walley in surrey does that 51% comment apply, but i think if we go by region or even city/area, the numbers would be far significantly different.
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #77
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,395 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
Yes we should have black people in the house of commons. And hispanic people. And more indian people and asian people too. I'm pro equality all over the place.
True equality is giving the job to the best suitable applicant regardless of sex or race. In Canada we now have reverse racism and sexism where if you're white.... well you're not an ethnic minority so we don't have any open positions for you. Same goes for male vs female positions. And it's bullshit.

Women cry inequality only when it suits them.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #78
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

You can tell it's a male dominated thread where a persons worth is measured only in how much money they make or how high they can fly in their career.

What I was trying to say in my previous post is no two things are exactly alike. Equal rights and equal respect mean equality to me. IMHO men and women are equal, two sides to the same coin of humanity. Both are just as essential as the other. They have differences, but to me are absolutely equal.

There are places where this is not in practice, and people that don't see it the way I do. I realize this, but I do not agree with it.

There are women who do choose to go hard on their career and fly high. I don't see any reason why more couldn't (or wouldn't) as more and more woman pave the way for those that come after them. Our next premier may be a woman. That's something extremely difficult to achieve for anyone, if women were so inferior how do things like that happen?

There may never be a time when there are as many career oriented woman as there are men, which is understandable. Family is probably a much higher priority than career for many women. They're the sex that gives birth to children, and their body reminds them of it constantly. I have a hard time thinking that makes them inferior... I'd be in a pretty terrible place today if it weren't for my mother.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #79
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
True equality is giving the job to the best suitable applicant regardless of sex or race.
I absolutely agree with this.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #80
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
So despite asking for a study that shows womens shit can stink just as badly as mens, you have also managed to miss the all the posts i've made about "time spent working" or that when a woman works as hard as a man she can have his pay. Obviously most dont or we wouldn't have a next generation, of course you'd probally want a study for that too.
One of the funniest parts to me as to why there arn't any 100% female run companies that i'm aware of, or at least as many as 100% of men run companies on the fortune 500 is.... Women hate working for a female boss and would rather work for a male boss... Hmmmm think emotional stability might have anything to do with that? PMS hahha.

I can also tell you that women that devote a life time to their career just arn't as happy. Feel free to dispute these studies with all your education.

http://coachingtip.blogs.com/career_...oaching/myths/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ears-ago-.html

http://feministindia.blogspot.com/20...-years-of.html

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=296098

Clearly these career women are not desirable to the majority of men. Of course you'd want another study, thanks but no thanks it's way to easy to find them and you havn't changed anyones mind with your educated responses.
http://dontmarrycareerwomen.wordpres...eminist-wives/
No i remember the issues you brought up, you went from talking about periods and non-commitment issues and now your talking about happiness (btw, the happiness thing could be argued for both men and women under a capitalist society, we have more things, but neither of us are happier). Your argument is everywhere and not focused. You really don't understand the term, "when all factors are the same".

anyway, when I saw the links, i lol'd. blogspot? a forum? really now? one of those articles, the stats do not even have any sources at all, you did the exact same thing as thenewgirl. Plus the guy is an executive coach who is trying to make money, that is his big motive. So much for reliable academic sources, that's the kind of shit a highschooler does to put together a paper

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #81
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Hey your still the one who can't see how many times i've said "if you work as hard as a man you get paid like a man"
Too bad working that hard doesn't make the average female all too happy. I could look for more respectable studies, but I already know the answer and so will the women in your family be it 10-20-30 years down the road.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #82
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
True equality is giving the job to the best suitable applicant regardless of sex or race. In Canada we now have reverse racism and sexism where if you're white.... well you're not an ethnic minority so we don't have any open positions for you. Same goes for male vs female positions. And it's bullshit.

Women cry inequality only when it suits them.
Reverse discrimination's only a problem for govt jobs.. TV might give a different impression, but no law forces companies to do that in the private sector.

If you're a kid who gets molested or if you're a native who got fucked over by the govt way back when, you're a victim. If you don't have access to 5-10% of the jobs or spots in school for various unfair reasons because you are either:

1) white
2) not white
3) a man
4) a woman

You're not a victim. You're just crying.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #83
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Hey your still the one who can't see how many times i've said "if you work as hard as a man you get paid like a man"
Too bad working that hard doesn't make the average female all too happy. I could look for more respectable studies, but I already know the answer and so will the women in your family be it 10-20-30 years down the road.
after i embarrassed you and made you look like an idiot, you're still posting.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #84

Riiight, not exactly like you have any stats to back up your arguement either. I'm so embarrased that I refuse to provide you a study that women call in sick more often than men due to periods because it's a waste of my time.
Once you graduate I hope you get into a hiring position and hire only women, I'll stick with men.
Enjoy.
http://www.virginia.edu/topnews/rele...ock_Study.html

Last edited by Death2Theft; 03-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #85
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Fuck off with this bullshit you twat.
What the fuck?

What TheNewGirl said about sexual harassment is the truth. Sexual harassment may include "mere" words or glances but there are a lot more serious cases than those that you must not be aware of...

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
about the rape comment, maybe in a 3rd world country, or even Walley in surrey does that 51% comment apply, but i think if we go by region or even city/area, the numbers would be far significantly different.
so false.
digitalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #86

Easy solution stop hiring women if you dont want to deal with sexual harrasment lawsuits.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #87
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,395 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
Reverse discrimination's only a problem for govt jobs.. TV might give a different impression, but no law forces companies to do that in the private sector.

If you're a kid who gets molested or if you're a native who got fucked over by the govt way back when, you're a victim. If you don't have access to 5-10% of the jobs or spots in school for various unfair reasons because you are either:

1) white
2) not white
3) a man
4) a woman

You're not a victim. You're just crying.
The problem is all the essential and emergency services are government or municipality jobs. Firefighters, EMT's, Police, RCMP, for example. These positions should be filled by the people best suited for that kind of work, who score the highest on their tests and perform the best in their interviews. Not because they don't have X number of minority Y.

Garbage men, who cares? If I ever need an EMT to save my life I want the man/woman who is going to do the best job, not someone who's a filler to meet a government equality mandate. What happens when you don't select your candidates this way? Monty Robinson.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #88
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Easy solution stop hiring women if you dont want to deal with sexual harrasment lawsuits.

Its kind of sexist to assume that women will be sexually harassed if hired -and- that they're the only ones who are capable of being sexually harassed
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #89
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgirl View Post
What the fuck?

What TheNewGirl said about sexual harassment is the truth. Sexual harassment may include "mere" words or glances but there are a lot more serious cases than those that you must not be aware of...

You can argue that if a man was sexually harrassed by a woman, it won't have the same stigma and perhaps punishment as if it was the other way around.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #90
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia! View Post
Its kind of sexist to assume that women will be sexually harassed if hired -and- that they're the only ones who are capable of being sexually harassed
It's kind of ignorant to pretend there isn't a big fat elephant walking around the office.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #91

Yes but do you think it's men who file the majority of sexual harrasment claims? I'm sure as fuck not pulling up a study for that because we both know the result.

Your chances of geting run over and killed by a clai on no3 road in richmond in broad daylight are higher than to have a man file a sexual harrasement suit.

Stereotypes suck but they are there for a reason, because more often than not they are true. As an boss/businessman would you take any % increase resulting in lower profits if you could chose? I know I sure as fuck wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia! View Post
Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #92

You mean the big fat elephant prancing around the room trying to sell you her kids chocolates for school? Or the one inviting people to her kids bday party while your trying to work? Please be specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
It's kind of ignorant to pretend there isn't a big fat elephant walking around the office.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
You can argue that if a man was sexually harrassed by a woman, it won't have the same stigma and perhaps punishment as if it was the other way around.
Sure, and I believe what you're saying is true and unfair. Sexual harassment is serious and no one should get away with it.

That's sort of shooting off from the point of my post though. The point is that people posting here are denying that sexual harassment/abuse happens and they're dismissing it as being a rare case.

I disagree with their view on it because I know a lot more people who have endured MORE than just an unwanted (and sadly sometimes unavoidable) gropes in a club/bar or inappropriate comments than people who have not.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #94
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Sure, and I believe what you're saying is true and unfair. Sexual harassment is serious and no one should get away with it.

That's sort of shooting off from the point of my post though. The point is that people posting here are denying that sexual harassment/abuse happens and they're dismissing it as being a rare case.

I disagree with their view on it because I know a lot more people who have endured MORE than just an unwanted (and sadly sometimes unavoidable) gropes in a club/bar or inappropriate comments than people who have not.
Probably dressed like sluts..

LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #95

If your a chick working a bar expect to get groped. If a guy doesn't like something about the job he leaves, a girl however way higher chances of hitting you and your company with a "sexual harrasment" law suit.
So thanks for giving us more reasons to hire you ladies. Wear more skimpy clothing to distract guys from work and complain that your skirt is too tight so you can't change the water cooler bottle, expect the men to do it. Yes your really helping out in the work place!

Hey look another great reason not to hire women! Omfg it's so unfair women need to get more respect and money!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17381270...iness-careers/
Quote:

Last edited by Death2Theft; 03-15-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #96

Quote:
If your a chick working a bar expect to get groped. If a guy doesn't like something about the job he leaves, a girl however way higher chances of hitting you and your company with a "sexual harrasment" law suit.
So thanks for giving us more reasons to hire you ladies. Wear more skimpy clothing to distract guys from work and complain that your skirt is too tight so you can't change the water cooler bottle, expect the men to do it. Yes your really helping out in the work place!

Hey look another great reason not to hire women! Omfg it's so unfair women need to get more respect and money!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17381270...iness-careers/
What are you stating right now? That women have a higher chances of filing a lawsuit? I've already addressed that and agreed that it is both true and unfair. Bring new material please. On behalf of women everywhere, I apologize if someone has abused the system and made or exaggerated a claim.

We wear distracting clothes? What office are you working in? Professional women and women in business have to at least look the part, since the opinions in this thread suggest we're incapable of performing any work. How hard would it be to promote these ideas in the workplace? A simple policy/sign-off procedure would do.

Sorry you feel so burdened that you have to change the water cooler because I'm physically incapable of lifting 18.9 liters of water without making a mess. Bitter much?

Why are you complaining about women taking time off work to handle family matters? When or if you have children, would you volunteer to take the day off to tend to the family? No, because you're the man. You're the bread-winner. Somebody has to fucking do it--if not you, then who?

edit:
Expect to be groped? Is that the way you think it should be? Please confirm that what you are saying is that I should expect to be groped and think nothing of it. Are you saying that my body is to be groped and that's OK?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #97
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,698 Posts
I find this so amusing to be debated/discussed in a sausage fest forum, minus maybe a few female users.

Purpose of this thread seems to be just to fish out all the female users on RS.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #98

What purpose do you think high heels and knee length skirts serve in the office enviroment?

Yes I do feel burdened by changing the water cooler when you demand the same pay as us yet you can't do certain menial tasks without help.

Better make sure your not hiring any single moms then. Incase you havn't noticed these are all reasons you dont get paid the same as a man.

Well if you work in a bar enviroment of drunks in party mode and dont expect some drunk to eventually grope you....must looka like a man!
Quote:
What are you stating right now? That women have a higher chances of filing a lawsuit? I've already addressed that and agreed that it is both true and unfair. Bring new material please. On behalf of women everywhere, I apologize if someone has abused the system and made or exaggerated a claim.

We wear distracting clothes? What office are you working in? Professional women and women in business have to at least look the part, since the opinions in this thread suggest we're incapable of performing any work. How hard would it be to promote these ideas in the workplace? A simple policy/sign-off procedure would do.

Sorry you feel so burdened that you have to change the water cooler because I'm physically incapable of lifting 18.9 liters of water without making a mess. Bitter much?

Why are you complaining about women taking time off work to handle family matters? When or if you have children, would you volunteer to take the day off to tend to the family? No, because you're the man. You're the bread-winner. Somebody has to fucking do it--if not you, then who?

edit:
Expect to be groped? Is that the way you think it should be? Please confirm that what you are saying is that I should expect to be groped and think nothing of it. Are you saying that my body is to be groped and that's OK?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #99

I'm sure no women have ever flirted in the work place to get men to do work for them either. I mean thats more of a lazy man thing to do right?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #100

Quote:
What purpose do you think high heels and knee length skirts serve in the office enviroment?

Yes I do feel burdened by changing the water cooler when you demand the same pay as us yet you can't do certain menial tasks without help.

Better make sure your not hiring any single moms then. Incase you havn't noticed these are all reasons you dont get paid the same as a man.

Well if you work in a bar enviroment of drunks in party mode and dont expect some drunk to eventually grope you....must looka like a man!
There's a difference between a closed .5 in. - 2 in. heel and straight-up 4 - 5in strappy, platform sandals... Flats are considered unprofessional. Even in a pantsuit, no man or woman is going to take you seriously in the type of business situation we're talking about if you wear chunky dress shoes.

And in case you didn't know, it used to be that it was frowned upon for women to wear pants because women were not allowed to look the same as men. Don't get it twisted.

Please do yourself a favour and get laid if legs exposed only below the knee is enough to distract you from your work.

Interesting that you would pass up the opportunity to hire someone if they were the most qualified by far because of their inability to change a water cooler. Or that you would pay someone less for their work because of such a fact when its not a part of their job description.

LOL? In case I haven't noticed these are the reasons I don't get paid as much as a man? In any of my posts did I bitch about getting paid less than men? Fucks wrong with u bro.

edit:
Quote:
I'm sure no women have ever flirted in the work place to get men to do work for them either. I mean thats more of a lazy man thing to do right?
Sorry you fell for it. I never called men lazy either. I'm not hating on men here at all. Your reading comprehension on the other hand...