REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #26326
RS controls my life!

Booth and Kes are one and the same. Their styles are so similar it wouldn't make any sense to play them in the same line.

On a lighter note, lol Hartnell is choked about Adams' hair-pulling antics. Now Adams is out for game4.

Go Flyers Go!
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #26327
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
If Daniel's back I'd like to see:

22-33-14
20-17-9
7-26-36
27-40-21

Alternating 14 and 9 depending on how physical the Kings are with the Sedins. If the Canucks want to win they need to fucking smash the Kings physically and crash the net. No more of this perimeter dump and chase bullshit.

Last edited by JD¹³; 04-17-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #26328
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
Speaking of which, I hate also that the media is focusing so much on this "controversy" when there's really none.

We've all been proven both by Lu and Schneids that they can hold their end.
If there should be any heat given, it should be towards the forwards.
endrant

goalie contraversy.

we lose 3 games in a row fact.
did we lose games 1 and 2 because of luongo? NOT a fact
did having schendier in game 3 help us significantly? NOT a fact
People claim the team plays diff infront of schneider. NOT a fact

sure there are arguments that go both ways for the non facts, but people claim it as FACT when its just a hunch or something they shit out of their asses in the morning

this is exactly why the media is a bullshit churning machine. they LOVE these controversies, if you can even call it that, seeing in how they manufacture these controversies basically

they hound AV every day on who is going to start. AV made the wise decision to not let them know until as late as possible ( i would think) so the press doesnt dive even deeper into the issue following the actual game time which could potentially fuck with that starting goaltenders head and even the rest of the roster.

the media is fuckign terrible. compareble to nazi Hitler's regime of media. those scumbags could be doing the nazi german salute and it would be fitting. Theyre just disgusting

Whats horrible is that it has a trickle down effect. minds are being polluted with this bullshit. and it does find its way back to the players eventually. its just added pressure that may or may not help them perform better.

then in comes all this illogical thinking that arises with the team. half of it from people who have never stepped foot with skates in a rink during a GAME. they have no real hockey knowledge at all and just feed off this bullshit

fuck you media, you guys are a real foaming piece of shit

edit: of course not ALL persons of the media are scum, just probably a handful that rock the boat here

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts

Last edited by trancehead; 04-17-2012 at 03:17 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #26329
RS controls my life!

I love that AV is throwing them the usuals.
"Process" "Proper protocol" or sometimes just straight up "I haven't told my goalies yet, why would I tell you guys?"
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #26330
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post

goalie contraversy.

we lose 3 games in a row fact.
did we lose games 1 and 2 because of luongo? NOT a fact
did having schendier in game 3 help us significantly? NOT a fact
People claim the team plays diff infront of schneider. NOT a fact

sure there are arguments that go both ways for the non facts, but people claim it as FACT when its just a hunch or something they shit out of their asses in the morning

this is exactly why the media is a bullshit churning machine. they LOVE these controversies, if you can even call it that, seeing in how they manufacture these controversies basically

they hound AV every day on who is going to start. AV made the wise decision to not let them know until as late as possible ( i would think) so the press doesnt dive even deeper into the issue following the actual game time which could potentially fuck with that starting goaltenders head and even the rest of the roster.

the media is fuckign terrible. compareble to nazi Hitler's regime of media. those scumbags could be doing the nazi german salute and it would be fitting. Theyre just disgusting

Whats horrible is that it has a trickle down effect. minds are being polluted with this bullshit. and it does find its way back to the players eventually. its just added pressure that may or may not help them perform better.

then in comes all this illogical thinking that arises with the team. half of it from people who have never stepped foot with skates in a rink during a GAME. they have no real hockey knowledge at all and just feed off this bullshit

fuck you media, you guys are a real foaming piece of shit
It does feel different these days with the non stop media coverage about the Canucks on radio, TV, Twitter, etc.

A pack of reporters following the team's every move. Unreal.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #26331
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post

22-33-14
20-17-9
7-26-36
27-40-21

Alternating 14 and 9 depending on how physical the Kings are with the Sedins. If the Canucks want to win they need to fucking smash the Kings physically and crash the net. No more of this perimeter dump and chase bullshit.
Is it me though, Kassian isn't really all that physical. He's been pretty invisble, but then again hes pretty much benched for majority of the game.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #26332
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Is it me though, Kassian isn't really all that physical. He's been pretty invisble, but then again hes pretty much benched for majority of the game.
My take on Kassian

The kid's not ready. He clearly needs to learn the ropes playing on a competitive team. Even if he were to play on the top line, how much impact do you think the kid will have. It is crunch time and rookie mistakes are tough to swallow

All the pressure is on him. I wouldnt be surprised if the kid starts the year in the AHL next year.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #26333
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
My take on Kassian

The kid's not ready. He clearly needs to learn the ropes playing on a competitive team. Even if he were to play on the top line, how much impact do you think the kid will have. It is crunch time and rookie mistakes are tough to swallow

All the pressure is on him. I wouldnt be surprised if the kid starts the year in the AHL next year.
alright love ya Morgan have a good rest of the night and i'll tty soon and maybe text me sometime
Old 04-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #26334
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
My take on Kassian

Despite what MG said after he made this trade, this was a move for the future for sure. He's not ready for a season with the Canucks let alone a PO run.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #26335
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Theres no really hate for the kings, if daniel do suit up for tomarrows game i hope he is on the 4th line and only play on the PP. I dont expect the kings (dustin brown) or anybody to play physical against him since right now its just skill vs skill hockey.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #26336
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Theres no really hate for the kings, if daniel do suit up for tomarrows game i hope he is on the 4th line and only play on the PP. I dont expect the kings (dustin brown) or anybody to play physical against him since right now its just skill vs skill hockey.
This is one of the stupidest posts I read in a while
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #26337
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #26338
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
if i was daniel and I read that, i would feel disrespected as a hockey player...

Parise scores btw.. 33sec in
Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #26339
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Oh wait, big earl is shawn79. Not surprised
Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #26340
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Once a player is on the ice, it's free for all.

Did anyone not play "physical" against Giroux and Crosby?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #26341
RS controls my life!

Lol..anyways.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #26342
RS controls my life!

2-0 NJ lol.

Theodore is going to get pulled.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #26343
My homepage has been set to RS

no free passes

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 04-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #26344
RS controls my life!

^ Only Raymond has those in spades.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #26345
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

If AV gets fired, I hope it's because of his insistence on plugging Raymond in where he does not belong.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #26346
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
If AV gets fired, I hope it's because of his insistence on plugging Raymond in where he does not belong.
That's crap. AV has gone miles past anybody in terms of Canucks coach.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #26347
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post

22-33-14
20-17-9
7-26-36
27-40-21

id probably plug grags back in lieu of tanev ang bitz instead of raymond...just to change it up even more
Old 04-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #26348
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Theodore got 3 goals scored on him on 9 shots; got pulled after 6 minutes...
Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #26349
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I like the move of putting Booth up with the twins, or at least separating Booth and Kesler. When Amex had success earlier in the season, they were grinding the boards generating turnovers and feeding the open man. Amex right now is just Kesler skating in and shooting from the blueline or Booth trying to skate around the outside in towards the goal. They are not creating any pressure down low and Higgins isn't able to be effective playing their current wheeling style.

I don't mind Raymond on the second line with Kesler and Burrows... his play hasn't been great but really no worse than any other forward and he is not a liability defensively, that is huge. We aren't scoring because of Raymond's suck, and Coho would be no more effective scoring now if he was still here. The problem is our inability to break out cleanly with speed and take advantage of LA's pressure and forecheck. The coaching staff can juggle lines all they want, but if they can't get to the fundamentals of LA's game, they may get a win or two juggling lines but no further. These lines COULD work, but I wish we had more than 1 game to figure out if this was the case or not.

I really haven't sensed the media drumming up a goalie controversy the last few days, and I've been spending a lot of time on team1040. The media has bigger things they can focus their attention on currently, Dank's availability and the Canucks inability to score.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #26350
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,460 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
That's crap. AV has gone miles past anybody in terms of Canucks coach.
Pat Quinn was the best coach that the team has ever had, if you look beyond winning percentages. Roger Nielsen and Harry Neale rank up there too.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread