REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

Tim Budong 06-18-2011 04:48 PM

Canucks have no ECHL/AHL affiliate..
i forgot which team it was last season...(3days ago...UGH) that didnt have AHL affiliate...

shawn79 06-18-2011 04:56 PM

ya then our prospect will be scattered around the AHL as in being lend to other teams; i think
like the ducks thats why dan sexton was playing in the moose?

Tim Budong 06-18-2011 04:57 PM

watch the chinese boy thrown em haha
his +/- is quite astonishing too, +41 last year with the TriCityAmericans

Ronin 06-18-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7479194)
he plays similar style like burrows but i still prefer burrows over marchard altho im mirin his agitating and clutch skills :cry:

think they did that to prab rai making the canucks community grew even larger in surrey, this time will be in richmond and hong kong :fullofwin:

I agree but Marchand has higher top-end potential than Burr, I think. Remember he's a rookie. I'd choose Burr right now any day...but long term...I'd have to think about it.

YOU MY BOY, BURR but still, I'd love to have Marchand on our team. That kid will be a very good NHL player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7479223)
watch the chinese boy thrown em haha
his +/- is quite astonishing too, +41 last year with the TriCityAmericans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b2zhJABnY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWdHFEfyepk

He Canadian? No kid from Hong Kong or China is going to throw down like that on the ice.

I wish players dropped their lids more often before fighting. I hate seeing people fight with visors on. Just seems like it isn't right and really dangerous.

Tim Budong 06-18-2011 05:13 PM

Canadian Born Chinese, with his dad being very active in Chinese media...

Jr. leagues play within CHL rules. If helmet comes off during play, u must leave the ice or a penalty will be assessed. If you intentionally drop your lid before a fight, 10min misconduct.

Grandmaster TSE 06-18-2011 05:19 PM

his dad does color commentary for soccer if i remember correctly

Ronin 06-18-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7479232)
Canadian Born Chinese, with his dad being very active in Chinese media...

Jr. leagues play within CHL rules. If helmet comes off during play, u must leave the ice or a penalty will be assessed. If you intentionally drop your lid before a fight, 10min misconduct.

Didn't know that. I guess it's to protect kids from hitting their heads on the ice during a fight. Reasonable.

But I still don't like fighting with visors on. Serious danger to hands and eyes if that thing breaks...and it can. That and it's just...it just seems not right to fight with a visor on.

Tim Budong 06-18-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7479240)
Didn't know that. I guess it's to protect kids from hitting their heads on the ice during a fight. Reasonable.

But I still don't like fighting with visors on. Serious danger to hands and eyes if that thing breaks...and it can. That and it's just...it just seems not right to fight with a visor on.

protect the kids and promote safe hockey yep
Visors are mandatory as well.
Can't win em all unless u ban the fighting...but u know..thats another long ass debate. I should try to catch this kid play when he comes to town vs the giants. see why he's ranked 69 on central scouting come draft day

early 3rd round choice?

Bouncing Bettys 06-18-2011 05:42 PM

I remember when Tyson Nash played for the Blazers, even into his NHL career, he never seemed to be able to keep his helmet on during a shift. Guess he liked the straps loose so his helmet could "fall off" during a fight.

CorneringArtist 06-18-2011 06:17 PM

Thread is moving pretty quick, so I just caught up.

So basically we get the shaft in terms of a farm team, or is the league trying to get us a replacement team name and site from a lower league? It would be complete bullshit to have our entire prospect pool displaced among other teams in the AHL.

spoon.ek9 06-18-2011 06:17 PM

i have a feeling this thread could end up being even more epic than last season's!

Ronin 06-18-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7479246)
protect the kids and promote safe hockey yep
Visors are mandatory as well.
Can't win em all unless u ban the fighting...but u know..thats another long ass debate. I should try to catch this kid play when he comes to town vs the giants. see why he's ranked 69 on central scouting come draft day

early 3rd round choice?

I KNOW! I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm not saying they shouldn't fight despite the visor...I just don't like seeing it, that's all. I've always thought of fighting in hockey as an honorable part of the sport when done properly (see awesome guys like Laraque who would ask nicely if the other guy would fight, wish him good luck and then pat him on the back and say "Good fight." afterwards.). I really like that part of the game and I think it takes a good fan to understand and enjoy it. I see a good scrap as a great point of sportsmanship in hockey and I just don't think it is when you fight with a visor.

JesseBlue 06-18-2011 09:25 PM

the canucks will have to find an affiliate ahl team next season or our talent pool will begin to sink...it has to be a local area team so at least people will support it more than another teams (who shall remain nameless) farm team...:devil:

AzNightmare 06-19-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7479318)
I KNOW! I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm not saying they shouldn't fight despite the visor...I just don't like seeing it, that's all. I've always thought of fighting in hockey as an honorable part of the sport when done properly (see awesome guys like Laraque who would ask nicely if the other guy would fight, wish him good luck and then pat him on the back and say "Good fight." afterwards.). I really like that part of the game and I think it takes a good fan to understand and enjoy it. I see a good scrap as a great point of sportsmanship in hockey and I just don't think it is when you fight with a visor.

Yeah, some of the veterans that are known as fighters remove their helmets, and have that short stand-off before engaging a fight.
Those are the good clean fights that I enjoy, and no one gets jumped early.

EmperorIS 06-19-2011 12:28 AM

Chilliwack Bruins :troll:

TRDood 06-19-2011 12:46 AM

So the legendary 2010/2011 thread has 1648 pages.

Hopefully this 2011/2012 thread will explode and top that. Back to back SCF please but this time a WIN.
Posted via RS Mobile

jeedee 06-19-2011 12:49 AM

October just can't come soon enough..

Can't wait for free agency though!

spideyv2 06-19-2011 12:58 AM

can't wait for the entry draft and july 1st.
If we manage to pull in Brooks Laich, i'd be stoked

b0unce. [?] 06-19-2011 07:46 AM

i bet gillis will get someone completely out of the blue we wouldn't expect :lol

Iceman_2K 06-19-2011 09:12 AM

Wouldn't be surprised - its gonna be an interesting summer to see what the Canucks do to tweak the team and who they get as a farm team.

Alatar 06-19-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7479794)
i bet gillis will get someone completely out of the blue we wouldn't expect :lol

It's MGD time! Mike Gillis Draft time, that is! Not that pisswater swill they call Miller Genuine Draft. ;)

Curious to see what draft picks they'll nab this year, and what, if any acquisitions they'll make. Also curious to see who won't be coming back...

spoon.ek9 06-19-2011 10:17 AM

i wish i could shake the hand of every canuck this year. they did a fantastic job!

gillis will get 'er done right. the guy is a hockey genius :D

Mercy 06-19-2011 10:30 AM

I'm really looking forward to what is going to happen this offseason... Signings trades, the possibilities. Can't wait for next season boys. This time we'll end up with 96 wins.
Posted via RS Mobile

b0unce. [?] 06-19-2011 10:55 AM

Frolov :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 06-19-2011 07:10 PM

Wow, mike Gillis sure gets a lot of tire pumping, considering the core of the team was put together by Burke and Nonis. Something Gillis never gives credit for btw.

Gillis has done a good job of filling gaps and basically not fucking up like a lot of GMs do. I don't thunk he's a "genius" though...