REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

jeedee 06-20-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 7480818)
You do know he was talking about Cory Schneider and not Cody Hodgson right?

LOL :failed: , posted that on my phone and it looked like Cody

krazynuck 06-20-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7480960)
I dunno about that amount... sure, Lidstrom is one of the best defenseman ever, but wouldn't you want to free up some cap space money to be spent elsewhere?

considering no other team would pay that i don't think...

I would want to save money for draper or Eaves

If we are forced to trade schneider (which i am hoping we are not) i would not mind Osgood as a back up

b0unce. [?] 06-20-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazynuck (Post 7480972)
considering no other team would pay that i don't think...

I would want to save money for draper or Eaves

If we are forced to trade schneider (which i am hoping we are not) i would not mind Osgood as a back up

either lidstrom retires a red wing or he plays another year. he's not going anywhere, even if a team offered him 10mil. im certain of this.

as much as i love draper, i dont think i would want him on our team right now. iirc hes turning 41 or 42 (about the same age as lidstrom).

like i said before, im pretty sure schneids will be here for another year or two. mg has even stated that if schneids would want to say for 5-6 years as a backup, he would sign him. but he knows in the long haul hes going to be a starter for some lucky team.

haha13 06-20-2011 10:01 AM

lidstorm just signed with detroit for 1 year 6.2 mil

murd0c 06-20-2011 10:07 AM

I'm happy Lidstrom signed another year. He's a great player one of the best all around D ever and it's going to be a sad day when he retires.

SkinnyPupp 06-20-2011 10:09 AM

Yeah I want to see him retire after a hard fought loss to the Canucks in the Western Conference Finals, not losing to the chump ass San Jose Sharks :troll:

shawn79 06-20-2011 10:18 AM

im sure lidstrom COULD grind for another 8 yrs to surpass paul coffey for the all time pts by nhl d-men. He just need 423pts more lol...

Ronin 06-20-2011 12:24 PM

Lidstrom is a beast...one of the greatest defensemen in history. He can play at least two more years, I think. Last year he showed zero indication that he was too old to play this game.

He's like Chelios but has the top-end skill the match his conditioning.

...if you don't know what I'm talking about, Chelios was one of the fittest guys in the league despite being 147 years old.

hotshot1 06-20-2011 12:30 PM

^Yeah Lidstrom plays such a smart defensive game where he doesn't have to be physical; he's just always in the right position. He doesn't have the wear and tear of the usual dmen so that's probably why he's still performing at the age of 40/41.

Hopefully the Sedins, who also have a game that is based on positioning and skill (although they get mauled sometimes) have long careers like Lidstrom.

Ronin 06-20-2011 12:39 PM

No, the Sedins game is down low cycling while Lidstrom is quarterbacking from the point most of the time, high slot or top of the circle. He doesn't take nearly the abuse the Sedins do and he's clearly a better skater as well even though neither have elite speed.

The Sedins will continue to get mauled but the good news? They've gotten stronger every year they've played. Remember when a slight tap would knock the puck away? Now it's getting harder to knock them down. They're better on the puck every year and instead of the boys we drafted, they've become quite strong. I guess it's the Ohlund influence. Anyone that's ever met Ohlie will know that guy is fucking jacked and was easily the strongest Canuck when he was here.

b0unce. [?] 06-20-2011 01:29 PM

lidstrom is known for being the most durable dman in the nhl. he doesnt have to lay a big body check to do his job, he rather steal the puck and create a turnover instead.

invader 06-20-2011 02:27 PM

Ryan smyth wants back in Edmonton :/

b0unce. [?] 06-20-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 7483523)

he can go right ahead

hypediss 06-20-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7483550)
he can go right ahead

exactly what im thinking

he can go there and rot in the oil plains for all that matter ^_^

Expresso 06-20-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7480960)
I dunno about that amount... sure, Lidstrom is one of the best defenseman ever, but wouldn't you want to free up some cap space money to be spent elsewhere?

I was pretty surprised about the amount too. You would think after 20 years it would not be about the money anymore, especially how this is going to be his last year. I thought he would help his team and sign like 3-4M max.

hotshot1 06-20-2011 03:24 PM

Yeah I guess that's where the agents step in. The only time I remember anyone taking a significant discount was when Kariya and Selanne signed for $1 million to play in Colorado. You'd think it would happen more often for the sake of winning but I guess since it's so hard to win, they'd rather get paid.

hypediss 06-20-2011 03:26 PM

so salty, everytime i head to a nhl related sports section i see the bruins and i feel really

really

really

bitter

http://www.gamertagpics.com/users/a/...es-d2y3ud5.jpg

DanHibiki 06-20-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 7483523)

Do the Oilers even want him back?

tonyzoomzoom 06-20-2011 03:35 PM

Bieksa and Hoff said that they are will take a home discount to stay in Vancouver. That doesn't mean they are willing to take a paycut from their current salary. It's whatever the market will pay, less a bit. Given the higher salary cap, they will end up with something more than hamhuis but less than market.

As for Salo, $2.5m for one year seems to make sense to me.

spideyv2 06-20-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot1 (Post 7483597)
Yeah I guess that's where the agents step in. The only time I remember anyone taking a significant discount was when Kariya and Selanne signed for $1 million to play in Colorado. You'd think it would happen more often for the sake of winning but I guess since it's so hard to win, they'd rather get paid.

damn, wasn't kariya offered $8+ mill from the Ducks?

shawn79 06-20-2011 03:51 PM

rockymountain sports doing kesler signing for $50 for jersey and $40 for photo, pucks, etc...

sedins will be $60each during preseason:D

spideyv2 06-20-2011 04:30 PM

wow..just watched the hockey 2 nite episode on tsn just now

They have Hodgson projected as a 3rd liner, they then talked about his 17 goals and 30 points in 52 games with the Moose and said 'Don't expect him to produce like that in the NHL level'

What happened to this kid being our next elite, blue chip centre man?
Or was that just idiot homers on CDC gassing him up?

I guess only time will tell

RiceIntegraRS 06-20-2011 04:38 PM

When he was drafted they tagged him to be Steven Stamkos without the footspeed. And i think everyone can see that his skating needs work. But right now hes only playing with 4th liners that are making him look bad. He hasnt been put in a position to shine just yet. Maybe in training camp put him with Shroeder and Shirokov and see wat he can do. Theres alot of talent on that line.

JKam 06-20-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7483634)
rockymountain sports doing kesler signing for $50 for jersey and $40 for photo, pucks, etc...

sedins will be $60each during preseason:D

when? where? what time?

shawn79 06-20-2011 04:44 PM

drop it off before sunday