REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

trancehead 06-18-2011 12:59 AM

You guys are delusional if you think we're prying Shea Weber

spideyv2 06-18-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7478627)
After seeing his FB wall post after the "riot"... I doubt it too. He said basically along the lines of "If anyone asks me where I'm from, after today I will never admit to being from BC/Van area" or something along those lines.

Are those accounts even real? I had Raymond added, but he deleted me for the second time after I called that Ivan Ta kid an attention whore lol :alone:
Tbh, all I see is Yann and Kevin fb tagging eachother and cracking jokes all day..you'd think they have better things to do?

Only signings I see Gillis doing over the summer is adding some grit for the bottom 6, and maybe finding Kesler a good line mate. Barring any injuries, we could be in for another good season.

snowball 06-18-2011 01:27 AM

Go canucks go! I'd like to see Van Riemsdyk play with kesler but no way is philly gonna give him up even for a goalie. pipe dreams

DanHibiki 06-18-2011 01:30 AM

I feel like if they change the jersey it's not that big a deal AS LONG as they keep the same colors.

We need to create an identity and this year we are finally get close to a sea of blue as more and more people are buying the jerseys.

Also, the great thing about having the same blue with white and green trims is that whether you have a current jersey, 3rd jersey, or the old school jersey, you fit right in with the color scheme.

I notice sooooooo few old Orca jerseys now a days. It's either blue jerseys or the skate logos.

As long as we keep having great success we will soon get to have a sea of blue in the crowd.

AzNightmare 06-18-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beansbaxter (Post 7478581)
I think this version looks much better as well.

A little mock-up... :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...uck-jersey.jpg

This jersey is so badass.
I like it the best, over any Canuck jersey i've seen to date, including all concepts and official ones.

DanHibiki 06-18-2011 02:35 AM

^can someone explain that pilot logo to me? what's the story behind it and how dose it connect to vancouver/canucks?

SkinnyPupp 06-18-2011 02:38 AM

The original original Johnny Canuck was a war pilot

http://www.informationgoddess.ca/Com...s/histor26.jpg

DanHibiki 06-18-2011 02:40 AM

^damn. THAT i did not know.

SkinnyPupp 06-18-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7478378)
I think im going to get a tattoo of the Johnny Canuck V on my shoulder lol, same size and spot of the shoulder patch.

http://i.imgur.com/Rpguz.png

Ronin 06-18-2011 03:50 AM

The real fun will be watching the Carolina Hurricanes. They have over $30m in cap space and only 12 players signed. Of the top 12 forwards spots, they only have three regulars (Eric Staal, Jeff Skinner, Tuumo Ruutu) signed and only 5 forwards signed total.

They also only have 5 total D men and only 4 regulars.

That's going to be an interesting team to watch in free agency.

Ronin 06-18-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 7478674)
This jersey is so badass.
I like it the best, over any Canuck jersey i've seen to date, including all concepts and official ones.

Am I absolutely crazy or would...

...I can't believe I'm saying this...

...would VANCOUVER look good on that jersey...much like it looks on the current jersey? I just think this one is too clean for a NHL hockey jersey. It looks like something the Italian national soccer team would wear.

I do like it though...I'd rock that jersey but I think it would look strange on players in game.

SkinnyPupp 06-18-2011 06:22 AM

An Italian soccer jersey would have a huge ugly corporate logo on the front of it. And on the sleeves, and every corner. The last way I'd describe a soccer jersey is "clean"

b0unce. [?] 06-18-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7478739)
An Italian soccer jersey would have a huge ugly corporate logo on the front of it. And on the sleeves, and every corner. The last way I'd describe a soccer jersey is "clean"

the european jerseys and soccer jerseys have sponsor logos and shit everywhere

http://www.yosfeeds.com/images/?u[]=...2Fno-thumb.jpg
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/2...K0g7uvWRxl.jpg

SkinnyPupp 06-18-2011 07:39 AM

Yeah it ruins the sports.. Let's hope they don't end up doing that here! It looks so bush league

lol 06-18-2011 08:26 AM

That pilot style jersey is pretty slick! I like it a lot.

However now we're going away from the Orca identity.

spoon.ek9 06-18-2011 08:59 AM

sedin-sedin-burrows
raymond-kesler-samuelsson
?-malhotra-?
?-?-?

i'd like to seen Hansen back on the 3rd line with manny. as for Torres, i'd keep him if he accepts the same salary or slightly higher (no higher than $1.5mil IMO). one of our more apparent weaknesses this year was the lack of a consistent 4th line. other than Glass, it was a revolving door throughout the season and into the playoffs. as you guys have said, we REALLY need someone to play with kes. Raymond and Samuelsson aren't bad players but neither of them has good size.

Higgins and Lapierre were initially brought in to anchor our 4th line with NHL experience and some grit. I wish it would have happened but they did the best they could to fill in for Manny and Samuelsson. i'm not sure how much will be needed to sign the two, but if it gets too pricey, i think the Canucks need to walk away.

can you imagine?

sedin-sedin-burrows
raymond-kesler-samuelsson
hansen-malhotra-torres
glass-lapierre-higgins

that would have been huge! sigh.. it's a little depressing to think about it really

i'm curious what your guys' take is on possibly replacing samuelsson and what to do with the 4th line. do we let the farm kids have a chance or do we sign some new 4th liners? i'm not even sure i want Glass back on our 4th line.

as for our defense, it's imperative that we re-sign Bieksa. Ehrhoff would be great to keep and I think Ballard will be moving on. if Salo signs a 1 year deal south of $2mil i'll be super happy to see him continue to be a canuck. i'm on the fence about keeping Alberts despite his big improvements this year. also, thankfully Tanev has been great as a rookie. if he can gain some mass in the off season, i'd be happy to see him on the 3rd pairing.

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Ehrhoff
Rome-?

murd0c 06-18-2011 09:40 AM

Tanev will be on the team for sure next year and he deserves it. The big question I have is what about Coho he should be on the team but is he actually ready?
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 06-18-2011 10:00 AM

as long as AV has anything to say about it, i don't think CoHo has a chance :(

Tim Budong 06-18-2011 10:00 AM

i dun think CoHo is really ready...
who knows...maybe slotting him into fulltime 3rd liner could be a good thing?

spoon.ek9 06-18-2011 10:08 AM

would he be better as a 3rd line winger or a 4th line centre? i know we heard the excuse that he won't be able to develop as a 4th line centre before

Iceman_2K 06-18-2011 10:13 AM

he's not ready - he's a recent draft that hasn't played enough in the AHL yet.

Tim Budong 06-18-2011 10:16 AM

speaking of AHL...hahahhahahaa
no team!!!!

Iceman_2K 06-18-2011 10:17 AM

Pretty much - hard to develop players when you don't have a farm team.....

spoon.ek9 06-18-2011 10:28 AM

i think someone on tsn suggested that the canucks should have a local farm team (ie, abbotsford heat) because that would give the locals much more reason to watch the games. seeing future canucks play makes total sense to me but i doubt it would ever happen.

murd0c 06-18-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 7478852)
i think someone on tsn suggested that the canucks should have a local farm team (ie, abbotsford heat) because that would give the locals much more reason to watch the games. seeing future canucks play makes total sense to me but i doubt it would ever happen.

I'm sure all of us agree on that as well. I would go to heat games if they were the Canucks farm team. Does anyone know how long the Flames contract with the heat is for?