REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #17001
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
who the fuck cares
i concur. it's CBJ
Advertisement
Spoiler!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #17002
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Cost of a ticket there is like $20. Their mascot is a dildo on wheels. They have one good player. It's fucking Ohio.

They have nothing good going for them. I don't know who decided to build a franchise in Ohio, but that was stupid.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #17003
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
ive never been there but Columbus isnt too far from Pittsburgh and Detroit, id say in a 'hockey area' of the country. has a metro area of 1.8million and the state is the 7th most populated in the US. they are averaging about 14,500 attendance with a losing team in a 10 year old franchise. i bet the attendance in 2008–09 was even better when they actually played ok.

Cleveland and Cincinnati are both in ohio with similar metro sizes and support MLB, NBA, and NFL teams. its not like the team is in north carolina or tennessee.

again, i dont claim to know anything, but id say they arent in a bad hockey market.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #17004
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
to bad the canucks cant facilitate a trade until 2017 season... unless bobby lu wants out himself by 2015... damn... by 2015, hes already on his decline... WTH were the canucks GM thinking.. signing a 30year old to a 12 year contract...
Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #17005
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Trade luongo for jeremy lin
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #17006
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
to bad the canucks cant facilitate a trade until 2017 season... unless bobby lu wants out himself by 2015... damn... by 2015, hes already on his decline... WTH were the canucks GM thinking.. signing a 30year old to a 12 year contract...
to lower the cap hit. they all know lu isn't playing the full contract.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #17007
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
So any guesses how long you guys think Lu will play until?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #17008
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Well, the Rick Nash trade talk is in full swing, as the entire league begins to lick its chops as it tries to see what it would take to land the big winger out of Columbus. Not that Vancouver needed any confirmation to be involved in the Nash rumors (Currently 97% of all players in the league are on their way to Vancouver. According to Eklund at least.), but Pierre LeBrun added fuel to the fire by mentioning on TSN Radio that Vancouver has had contact with the Blue Jackets. They could be just asking to borrow that kick ass cannon the Blue Jackets use during their games, or maybe there is something to these Nash rumors, we don’t know at this point.

And who cares, really? Half of the fun of the weeks leading up to the trade deadline is the fact we all get to play the “What if?” game and try and see which pieces fit where, and who might work out on what line, or who might pose nude next (I picked Wellwood…. I don’t often win bets.) The thing is, though, for me, the most interesting part isn’t always who might go where, or who the Canucks are looking into. No no, for me, the most interesting aspect is sometimes the off ice ramifications. And in the case of Rick Nash, the most interesting aspect of the entire situation would be Rick Nash adjusting from playing in the hockey market of Columbus (“Wait, you wear shoes…..that walk on frozen WATER????”) to a market like Vancouver (“Wait, you switched shampoos….and you didn’t TELL US???”). So please come with me on a journey through my imagination as I predict how Rick Nash’s first meeting with the Canucks PR team would go….

If Rick Nash were traded to Vancouver:

Canucks PR: Hi Rick, we are so excited to have you on board. I really think you’re going to love it here.

Rick Nash: Oh, thank you, thank you very much. I’m still a little rattled to tell you the truth, that trade straight up for Dale Weise came out of left field.

Canucks PR: Oh don’t worry about it Rick, you’ll be fine, we’re going to take good care of you. Now, before we get you all settled in, we have some ground rules to go over with you.

Rick Nash: Ground rules? Oh, like show up for practice 30 minutes early? That sort of thing?

Canucks PR: Oh Rick. Sweet, sweet naive Rick. No no, we have ground rules on how to handle life in the Vancouver market.

Rick Nash: Well what do you mean?

Canucks PR: Well for starters, make sure you throw at least one body check every game. And I mean a nice solid body check. Anybody who is over 6″2 and doesn’t throw a hit on this team gets labelled as a soft player.

Rick Nash: A soft player??

Canucks PR: Yes, a soft player. If you get labelled soft, people will come up with mean nicknames and will make fun of you on Twitter. It’s not pretty. Sure they love you now, but if you don’t start throwing hits tomorrow morning you will wake up to headlines of “Timid Rick at it again” or “Rick Raymond” or “If we kill off Rick Nash does it count against the cap?”

Rick Nash: Geezus, that seems a bit harsh-

Canucks PR: But the good news is, if you throw TWO hits a game, Vancouver will go crazy over you and elevate you to the status of a god. A god. Daughters will be delivered to your doorstep, children will be named after you, and cute amusing nicknames will be made for you on twitter. Picture it Rick, you look at your phone after the game and see the hashtag #RickSMASH plastered all over the place. “RICK SMASH IS UNSTOPPABLE” they’ll say….I get shivers just thinking about it.

Rick Nash: Well I guess, but still, it seems a tad manic-

Canucks PR: The next thing you’ll want to do is make sure to do is shoot the puck a lot. Vancouver fans hate it when you don’t shoot.

Rick Nash: Well that should be fine, I do shoot a lot-

Canucks PR: But don’t shoot too much. If you shoot a lot and keep hitting the goalie, Vancouver fans will start to get annoyed. Make sure you pass the puck around.

Rick Nash: Well part of a balanced attack involves pass-

Canucks PR: But don’t pass too much. If you pass too many times, people will begin to question your scoring. So make sure you shoot and pass at a good level.

Rick Nash:
But how will I know what that is?

Canucks PR: Look Rick, do I have to spell it out for you? We’re going to need you to score 50 goals here, alright?

Rick Nash: 50 goals?? But my career high is 40-

Canucks PR: Well you do what you have to do, but if you don’t hit at least 50 goals, people are going to be all over you. Now, when it comes to interacting with your fans, we’re going to have to ask you to say nothing at all to them.

Rick Nash
: What? What do you mean?

Canucks PR: Just smile and nod. Don’t say anything that isn’t a cliche. Somebody asks you how your day went, you say “I gave it 110%”. Someone at the coffee shop asks you what you want to order? You say “We have to stick to the gameplan.” Somebody is on the street bleeding from several gun shot wounds?

Rick Nash: Let me guess “We have to keep focused on our long term goals”?

Canucks PR: No, you call 911. Rick, I’m not going to lie, that answer kind of concerns us….

Rick Nash:
BUT YOU SA-

Canucks PR: Moving on. Remember, stick to cliches. We have one person on the team that is authorized to give a candid response, and that is Kevin Bieksa. He is the only player allowed to have fun with, or be excited to talk to the media. Your job is to keep it cliched. The last time somebody went off script we had three murders, a drug trafficking ring exposed, and Mike Keenan got hired. I’ll never forgive you Martin Gelinas…..

Rick Nash: Uh….

Canucks PR: Sorry. I lost my train of thought there. Now, what kind of clothes do you wear?

Rick Nash: Just kind of a jeans and a t-shirt guy

Canucks PR: Wrong. You are a “I wear a suit on Friday” kind of guy. This is Vancouver. People will be analyzing your every move. If you wear jeans and a t-shirt, what does that say to the fans? “I don’t care enough about my appearance nor my defensive awareness.” That’s what it says. This is Vancouver Rick. Choices you make in your day to day life will tell you more about your hockey career than you ever thought possible. Did you wear a red shirt on game day? Some blogger will tie that into your recent scoring slump. Did you eat at Denny’s last week? Another blogger will do a formula to show that Denny’s is the source of your power. Nothing you do here goes unnoticed Rick.

Rick Nash: What? Come on, you must be pulling my leg.

Canucks PR: Head and Shoulders: Classic Clean.

Rick Nash: Er…..what did you say?

Canucks PR: Head and Shoulders: Classic Clean. Look at this on twitter Rick-

Rick Nash: What?? How??? I don’t-

Canucks PR: It’s ok Rick. We’re going to take care of you. Like I said, you aren’t in Columbus anymore. Welcome to Vancouver, Rick….

Rick Nash: *gently begins to cry*
Canucks PR: There there…..they all cry at first……David Booth cried for 3 hours straight…..let it out…..
And scene.
If the Canucks got Rick Nash…. | The Province
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #17009
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lol.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #17010
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
WTH were the canucks GM thinking.. signing a 30year old to a 12 year contract...
The Pasta Connection........

Putting all your eggs into one basket is never a good idea. Then you get a player who is worth his weight in gold, Pavel Bure, and you treat him like shit.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #17011
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

the advantages of lu's contract are fairly simple:

1. lower cap hit and as mentioned, we all know he won't play till the end of it. 5.33mil cap hit is very reasonable.

2. in the last years, his cap hit is still 5.33 but he only needs to be paid 1.6mil in 3rd last year then 1.0mil for the last 2 years of his contract. this is good for teams trying to get to the cap basement without actually having to pay so much.

3. there are also out clauses for both sides should they decide to part ways.
Spoiler!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #17012
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
the advantages of lu's contract are fairly simple:

1. lower cap hit and as mentioned, we all know he won't play till the end of it. 5.33mil cap hit is very reasonable.

2. in the last years, his cap hit is still 5.33 but he only needs to be paid 1.6mil in 3rd last year then 1.0mil for the last 2 years of his contract. this is good for teams trying to get to the cap basement without actually having to pay so much.

3. there are also out clauses for both sides should they decide to part ways.
And if Lu decides to retire, that is it and everyone walks away happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #17013
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

i also like the fact that no one ever mentions Lu's previous cap hit was $6.75mil with the 4yr contract.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #17014
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
LOL at people that think a 12-year contract is for 12 years...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #17015
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Well his previous contract is irrelevant now, so why would anyone talk about it now?

While he won't actually play for 12 years, no one knows exactly how long Lu would play for.
Either way, it's a career long contract, and it's longer than what most fans want now.

Luongo was slightly overrated and Schenider was underrated at the time.
Otherwise, no one would be complaining about the length of his contract now.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #17016
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
There are 12 goalies in the league who make more than Lu, only 2 have been to the finals

Lu fuckin suckksss
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #17017
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
LOLOL

Quote:
Before we get into why this would be simply wonderful, we yield the floor to Elliotte Friedman to explain why it won't happen:
Look at Vancouver. On the surface, the Canucks are a perfect match. Nash is the kind of player Vancouver would consider trading Cory Schneider for. Add Cody Hodgson, Chris Tanev, maybe another piece and voila, you've got what looks like a pretty fair trade.
Don't think it's going to happen. The Canucks are full of guys who've taken less money -- Kevin Bieksa, Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler. Heck, the Sedins probably left about $15 million each on the table. It is the organization's philosophy to reward their own, with newcomers like Dan Hamhuis understanding they will not break the bank.
All of this is true. Which naturally makes Nash-to-the-Canucks the greatest thing to hit Vancouver since fire-retardant storefronts.
The idea that Nash would immediately become the team's highest-paid player is delicious. The idea that it would cost them Cory Schneider (in theory), leaving Roberto Luongo to play in (GASP!) tough postseason road games is delicious. The idea that, without Schneider, using the post-CBA amnesty clause on Luongo probably goes out the window … also delicious. The fact that Nash will never, ever live up to the imaginary statistic standards of his salary … delicious catnip for the Vancouver media.
Look, it's not all strife. Nash on a power play with the Sedins could be sick. Nash being a part of a championship-caliber team rather than having to shoulder the load would be a positive thing for his career. Also, the Canucks have never had a No. 61. So that's nice.
For all of these reasons, the Vancouver Canucks getting Rick Nash would be aces for hockey fans.
Or, at the very least, if the Vancouver Canucks were the only other team in the mix when the Blue Jackets trade Nash to Boston, and then had to swallow the bitter pill of watching him dance shirtless with Marchand at another Cup celebration night
Old 02-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #17018
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Well his previous contract is irrelevant now, so why would anyone talk about it now?

While he won't actually play for 12 years, no one knows exactly how long Lu would play for.
Either way, it's a career long contract, and it's longer than what most fans want now.

Luongo was slightly overrated and Schenider was underrated at the time.
Otherwise, no one would be complaining about the length of his contract now.
it's relevant because his lower cap hit means the canucks have more room to spend elsewhere (huge trickle down effect). if he were getting $6.75mil for 12yrs, people would be complaining again. but then, people complained because he was getting paid $10mil for a single season despite the cap hit of $5.33mil
so there are whiners either way.

Players and organizations don't sign contracts to please the fans. We have absolutely nothing to do with it in the slightest degree. I like the fact that Lu wants to be here and wants to spend his career playing here.
Spoiler!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #17019
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
i also like the fact that no one ever mentions Lu's previous cap hit was $6.75mil with the 4yr contract.
he was worth that money when he first came here, making even god damn save possible... now he gives up on second and third tries.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #17020

Did you see his save on Colin Wilson of the Preds last week?
Fan-freakingtastic!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #17021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
he was worth that money when he first came here, making even god damn save possible... now he gives up on second and third tries.
your view reflect the skewed views of your typical fan

as long as he's making highlight saves and not getting his team past the first round he's worth every penny

Get to the finals with 2 shutouts? he aint worth 2 mill!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #17022

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
^
I live and die with luongo on this team but some people in this thread are just arrogant

relax!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #17023
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Loose the finals with 2.5 blowouts? he aint worth 2 mill!
Fixed.

:P
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 02-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #17024
My homepage has been set to RS

lol press release that Nash is avail and all of a sudden the vancouver media and their fans goes nuts

relax guys. yes it is fun to armchair GM but some guys take this shit too seriously.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 02-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #17025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Fixed.

:P
blowouts, although can be viewed on Lu, have been a team thing for a while now

I know it doesnt give you confidence when you give up 2 quick goals back to back and you get back on your heels, but blowouts the way the nucks do them is a team mentality, once they get down those 3 goals they basically throw in the towel