REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #26176
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Advertisement
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #26177
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
once the playoffs come around, all bets are off. people don't understand that either. just like how some people predicted a sweep by the canucks based on absolutely nothing.
Only retards predicted us sweeping the Kings. Probably the same people who blame Lu for every goal against
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #26178

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
At this moment im still questioning ryan keslers health... is he inconsistant or was he a just a flukey overrated player? Dont ask me to refer to last years nashville series. weber and sutter were too busy shutting the sedins down allowing kesler to weave through their secondary defence with his speed!
Uh no. The Sedins were completely invisible in the Nashville series. Trotz sent out Weber and Suter just to shut down Kesler's line, not the Sedin's.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #26179

Fuck, I still don't get why that retard coach Veenyo only let's Kassian play 5 fucking minutes a night

How the fuck is he going to develop into the powerforward he's projected to be if he's playing 4 fucking minutes every game? I get that he turned the puck over last game, but he's only played 5 minutes in previous games

We traded Hodgson for him. Its time to fucking use him. He showed well
offensively in his limited ice-time in these playoffs. He has been impossible to get off the puck, protects the puck well, a great skater for his size, got the puck to the net and created a huge screen on 1 of our 4 goals.

Having him on the 4th line playing 5 minutes a night isn't going to help his development

/endrant
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #26180
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Fuck, I still don't get why that retard coach Veenyo only let's Kassian play 5 fucking minutes a night

How the fuck is he going to develop into the powerforward he's projected to be if he's playing 4 fucking minutes every game? I get that he turned the puck over last game, but he's only played 5 minutes in previous games

offensively in his limited ice-time in these playoffs. He has been impossible to get off the puck, protects the puck well, a great skater for his size, got the puck to the net and created a huge screen on 1 of our 4 goals.

Having him on the 4th line playing 5 minutes a night isn't going to help his development

/endrant
last season
take your Kassian, replace with Hodgson
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #26181
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:

/endrant
AV tends to show a lack of confidence with our rookies, with Tanev being an exception. I don't see why AV doesn't throw Kassian in front of the net on the PP. We all can see Kassian is hard to knock off the puck, and on top of that, his cycle game isn't bad. In fact, I'd say Kassian is a better set up guy than Booth.

I really think this is AV's last season here, even if we manage to make it out of this series. His favouritism games and mismanagement of rookies is fucking aggravating. I don't see why he couldn't have at least tried slotting Coho on Kes' wing for a few games. AV's ego, smfh.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #26182
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
@VanCanucks: Daniel Sedin will join #Canucks for full team practice in LA on Tuesday. Coach Vigneault to comment shortly.
hmmm
Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #26183
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Finally, some good news! -latest @VanCanucks tweet about Daniel joining team for a full practice on Tuesday.

AV will comment shortly. I really, really hope that Daniel can play game 4.

Vancouver Canucks ‏ @VanCanucks

Daniel Sedin will join #Canucks for full team practice in LA on Tuesday. Coach Vigneault to comment shortly.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #26184
My homepage has been set to RS

Our last hope, Daniel Sedin.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #26185
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:

/endrant
He should be on the top line with Sedin protecting him while Daniel's out. He's a physical presence to counter Brown who's being matched against Henrik, has good enough hands to keep up with Sedin and Burr, and can forecheck aggressively so they can keep the puck in the offensive zone. But that's just my armchair GM talking.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #26186
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Bet you Daniel's not 100%, but gotta do what you gotta do...

Brown's going to knock him over too, and then Canucks are going to stand around and watch.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #26187
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The post game comments last night from the players were disappointing. Sure we all know that LA has been playing better than expected, and the Canucks have not for whatever series of reasons.

Hearing our boys give LA props at this point, down 3-0, accomplishes nothing. If you get kicked out, fine, give them all the props and shoulder blame on yourself. What I heard from Vancouver players was "We did the best we could and things just didn't work out". What I heard from LA players was "We can still play better". The boys to me just feel too non-chalant about this whole thing, too business like, accepting the fact that at the end of the night there is always one team that loses and it really wasn't under their control.

Although Lappy had success playing with Hank, I'm skeptical his production can last. I personally would rather see Booth up on the 1st line with Hank feeding him and Burrows. Booth creates space with his speed and has a physical edge as well. As well as Amex was working earlier in the season, right now any chances they are getting are off the individual rush and Kesler and Booth are almost taking ice away from each other with the way they are playing.

Last edited by UFO; 04-16-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #26188

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
He should be on the top line with Sedin protecting him while Daniel's out. He's a physical presence to counter Brown who's being matched against Henrik, has good enough hands to keep up with Sedin and Burr, and can forecheck aggressively so they can keep the puck in the offensive zone. But that's just my armchair GM talking.
Pretty much bang on. Unfortunately, AV's retard ass doesn't see this. He just see's Mason FUCKING Raymond as Crosby.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #26189

Quote:
Pretty much bang on. Unfortunately, AV's retard ass doesn't see this. He just see's Mason FUCKING Raymond as Crosby.
+1. Come on AV, show some guts and put Kassian on the top line. The big guy has good enough hands and the size to play a cycle game with Henrik. Do it!!!

-cannot believe May Ray is still on this team.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #26190
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

lol mason raymond sees a bullseye target on the chest
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #26191
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
I guess at this point there's no guarantee of playing Daniel and I sure as shit don't want him risking another concussion if he isn't 100%.

Should Daniel not play, I want to see these lines for game 4:

1st Line: Lapierre-Sedin-Burrows
(they produced numbers at the end of the season together, why hasn't AV gone back to this line?)

2nd Line: Booth-Kesler-Kassian
(might as well play him or go back to Raymond)

3rd Line: Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
(successful checking line, able to score)

4th Line: Weise-Malhotra-Raymond/Kassian
(Raymond would be purely for back checking in this role)
Spoiler!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #26192
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
And I thought that WAS the reason why Kassian was brought on this team.
So far, he's been just an invisible 4th liner that hasn't thrown any hits.

I wonder should MG take over as coach...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #26193
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Daniel is going to LA.

He's going to do the Toews speech and rally the guys!

Seeing how Raymond skates turn and fall down...I sometimes wonder if his son's name is Max Alain Vineault Raymond.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #26194
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
You guys bring up a good point. I wouldn't mind seeing Kassian on the 1st line with Henrik. The few times the Kings have been in trouble is when the Canucks get their cycling game going.
Spoiler!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #26195

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
I lol'd:

Quote:
@DownGoesBrown Senators fined $10,000 for interrupting a Ranger player's pre-game interview. Should have just slammed his face into the glass four times.
https://twitter.com/#!/DownGoesBrown...72233911074816

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #26196
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Kassian was not brought in to be a coho replacement..

MG was simply managing assets with a player who knew he would never get the role he wanted here.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #26197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Kassian was not brought in to be a coho replacement..

MG was simply managing assets with a player who knew he would never get the role he wanted here.
Gillis had good intentions in terms of the Hodgson trade. It is just horrible timing. He traded away an offensively gifted centre, for a checking line centre, a young winger with power forward potential, and a offensive minded D man.

He made this trade at a time when the Canucks top 2 centres in Henrik and Kesler were in an offensive slump. Kesler hasn't scored a bloody goal in FIFTEEN games. Booth played better in game 3, but no points in this series. Henrik hasn't been the same without his brother.

Yeah, maybe AV wanted to go old school with a two scoring line and one checking line system. Gillis wanted to address a legitimate need of more size and toughness in our forwards.

The problem with the two scoring lines, and one checking line system is that if your two scoring lines don't produce points, then who provides the scoring and offense for the team???

What is your third option for scoring in the playoffs? Pahllson did score one goal in game 2 but you cannot expect consistent offense from a checking centre. The offense isn't coming from our defenceman now.

Gillis fucked up the team's offensive scheme by subtracting the offense to add toughness and size. He has shown bad judgement in thinking that our top 6 forwards can provide enough scoring depth to overcome the loss of Hodgson.

If Hodgson doesn't want to play for team and if it's true that he had meetings with the coach to ask for more ice time, or understand what is his role on the team, I think Gillis could have handled that situation in a smarter way.

Gillis can talk to CoHo and tell him to play for the team until the end of the playoff run this season, and try to work out on deal in the offseason. Gillis can tell CoHo 'Hey kid, you have a job for the Canucks. You have a role on this team. Honour your contract and play for your team mates. If you and your agent don't like playing here, fine, a deal can be pursued in the offseason. Right now, we need you on this team. You play an important role as the third line centre. Do not doubt your importance."

As for CoHo, I would tell him to suck it up, to quit complaining about ice time or questioning the coach and do his job. You don't make the trade until the right timing just because a disgrunted player doesn't want to play for this team.

MG could have handled this Hodgson situation in a smarter, more tactful way.

Pahlsson provides none of the offence that this team needs now. Kassian is at least one year away from developing to his potential as a power forward. Gillis took a high risk, in making this deal at the trade deadline. Dumb move.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-16-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #26198

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
From their Twitter handle

"Vigneault has not decided who will start in net for the #Canucks on Wednesday."

"He's our leading scorer..." Vigneault's response to what it would mean if Daniel Sedin plays in Game 4.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #26199
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

we definitley have alot of issues, and need heart, and daniel lol
Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #26200
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
They're rushing Daniel's return. Watch him get reinjured before he's even fully recovered. There will be a bullseye on the back of his head.
Closed Thread