REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #28501
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
that seemed like more of an "im saying this to save my ass sorta thing"

I will say this, even if the coho camp wasn't getting along with management, he played through it like a professional. Especially being a young kid, he fought along, won the fans over and all that jazz.
Of course MG could be saying that to defend the trade, but ever since the injury there's been numerous articles about the Cody camp being very difficult to deal with. To be clear, it was never Cody, himself, but his dad being the difficult one to deal with (Apparently Cody's dad is heavily involved with everything).
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #28502
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Man the way Luongo has been in interviews lately, I think I'd feel bad if he left.. he seems to have grown so much in the last 5 years

But still, I'll take Schneider thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #28503
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Enjoying the Lu love fest all of a sudden. Seems like a lot of you have finally woken up! Like I said, you don't know what you've got until its gone.

Secondly, enough about CoHo! His camp was cancer. He was acting like the Canucks owed him something and believe me, he wouldn't have single handedly taken us into the 2nd round with the way the rest of the team was playing in front of their goalies. Good riddance.

Can't wait to see what this offseason brings.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #28504

Don't get me wrong, I'll be glad to see him gone so the team can move on. If he is mature for 1 week and immature for 5 years, that isn't going to change my perception of him. Plus I won't feel sorry for someone making $6 million a year for very long.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #28505
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I don't get why all of the sudden, it's the fans running Lu outta town. Last time I checked, the fans don't strap on the pads and play goal, the fans don't decide who starts in games, the fans don't decide who stays or who goes, the fans aren't the ones asking questions in interviews, and the fans aren't the ones writing articles in the newspaper. The only thing the fans can do is boo him at games, bitch about him on 1040 or forums like this one and CDC. I doubt Lu listens to 1040 or are on these forums. The only reason we're having this convo is cuz he's simply being outplayed by a younger cheaper goalie.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #28506
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
uhhhh are you sure about that?

this is what you said that day:

this is what i said:

I said the exact same thing on my buddies facebook. And i saw u say the same thing, thats why i thanked ur post instead of typing the exact same thing

Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #28507
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Lost in everything with the Canucks' presser was that it seems Pittsburgh is going to be making very significant changes to their core as well, Shero said in his presser that he is no longer committed to the 3 center mold (Crosby, Malkin, Staal). So it would seem either Malkin or Staal would be available this offseason.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #28508

WTB Staal
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #28509
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
WTB Staal
Yup me too, I want him on the Sabres though lol.

Staal is a UFA after next season, so guess it's not too surprising if Pitts moves him.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #28510
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Staal

Too bad our only bargaining chip for a trade like that to happen is Luongo/Schneider LOL
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #28511
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Pens should trade sidney crosby while the value is still high
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #28512
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
I don't get why all of the sudden, it's the fans running Lu outta town. Last time I checked, the fans don't strap on the pads and play goal, the fans don't decide who starts in games, the fans don't decide who stays or who goes, the fans aren't the ones asking questions in interviews, and the fans aren't the ones writing articles in the newspaper. The only thing the fans can do is boo him at games, bitch about him on 1040 or forums like this one and CDC. I doubt Lu listens to 1040 or are on these forums. The only reason we're having this convo is cuz he's simply being outplayed by a younger cheaper goalie.
Lu listens to 1040
believe me. A friend of mine does their valet when they fly outta town. the dial is set to 1040 with most of the guys.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #28513
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

From Ken Hitchcock:

Quote:
You look at us, we have an identity,” Hitchcock said. “You look at L.A., they have an identity. You look at the way Detroit was, they had an identity. Dallas, we had an identity that was different from Colorado's. The type of players we had, and the type of players we recruited, was all the same. They all to the style of game we wanted to play.

“If you look at Philadelphia, they play with an offensive flair and everybody plays that way and if you come in there and don't fit, you look out of place. It's the same thing with us. If you don't play above the puck with us, you look bad on the ice. We're kind of a checking mindset, gritty, stay-on-the-right-side-of-the-puck team.

“We knew we weren't going to lead the league in scoring with the [David] Backeses and [T.J.] Oshies, but we could formulate an identity around them. I think that's the way you win now.”
What was the Canucks identity? I think it changed after the Hodgson trade and they didn't adjust.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #28514

Enough with the Hodgson ball hugging. The guy was a rookie, not the identity of the team. He could chip in once in a while, and that's about it. Maybe he would have turned into something, maybe not. Either way, it seems like he was more trouble than he was worth, so whatever...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #28515
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
LUNDQVIST, QUICK, RINNE NOMINATED FOR VEZINA TROPHY

my vote is for lundqvist.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #28516
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Staal

Too bad our only bargaining chip for a trade like that to happen is Luongo/Schneider LOL
considering how poorly Fleury played, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a better goalie now would it?
Spoiler!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #28517
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Unless Hodgson somehow gets NOS on his skates, he'll never be an elite centre in this league like Thornton, Henrik, or Toews. He will probably peak as a 60-70 point guy if he plays 20+ minutes a game.

The Kassian trade looks really bad right now, but I think you guys haven't really watched him play. He's 21 and he's already impossible to knock off the puck. He has more vision than David Booth and he has a reputation as a hothead (which if used in spots can be effective.) My main concern is his development - can the coaching staff give him the opportunities to succeed?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #28518
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Woo hoo! -just received my Alex Burrows autographed picture from Bestbuy as part of their Canucks playoff promotion contest. It's beautiful. A good photo to brighten up a rainy day.

Thanks Burrows & Bestbuy!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #28519
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
WTB Staal
Good thing I'm not the only one... Would LOVE to have this guy here too.

And Jayare604, I'm referring to Jordan Staal
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #28520

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Yup me too, I want him on the Sabres though lol.

Staal is a UFA after next season, so guess it's not too surprising if Pitts moves him.
Buffalo has a lot of C don't they?

If that happens..Does this mean Hodgson plays the 3rd line C
Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #28521
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Staal's a nominee for the Band Aid Committee, no thanks.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #28522
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Buffalo has a lot of C don't they?

If that happens..Does this mean Hodgson plays the 3rd line C
Derek Roy will be shown the door if the Sabres bring in another top 2 center.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #28523
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
From Ken Hitchcock:

What was the Canucks identity? I think it changed after the Hodgson trade and they didn't adjust.
the hell.. hodgson? did you forget you got the 2 sedins on our team

mind boggling passes.. puck possession finesse
Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #28524
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Vancouver just never had solid goaltenders for a long time after Mclean. People consider Vancouver a goalie graveyard because after this:

Dan Cloutier
Félix Potvin
Kevin Weekes
Sean Burke
Alex Auld
Bob Essensa
Johan Hedberg
Corey Hirsch
Arturs Irbe
Mika Noronen
Maxime Ouellet
Garth Snow
Kay Whitmore

People still shit on Luongo. Granted fans can be vocal, but look at that list again.
When Luongo was acquired he was supposed to be the Canucks' Jesus. Still without a championship under their belt, the "fans" are restless and just want someone to point the finger at.

The team plays terrible but people just want to blame one individual. Even in SCF game 7 the only goal in the 4-0 loss that I can blame on him was Bergeron's breakaway where he got tripped up and the puck slid into the net.

I'm calling this now but it's only a matter of time before people start shitting on Kesler and begin saying things like "trade him" or "take away his A."

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
from a hockey mindset, this is correct given our goalie situation.

This is why this city can't have nice things and this is why we have one of the worst fanbase in all of north american pro sports.

This is why i try my best not to post anything Canucks on Facebook or twitter no more. The fans are disgusting
Hate to say it but Vancouver is such a bandwagoner town. I'm still waiting for the Canucks to start tanking it so I can move up in the Season Ticket waitlist. I remember they kept offering my dad and I to buy ticket packages in the early 2000s but we simply didn't have the time to go to that many games. Wish I jumped on that chance now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Hodgson wasn't getting along well with management. MG even said he had to spend more time in the 3 years with Cody than any other player in the organization. Clearly there was a difference in opinions.
You have to hear the story from both sides though.

Mike Gillis is quickly making decisions that make players not want to play for him. The bulk of the roster is from pre-Mike Gillis days anyway. What significant moves has he actually done for this organization?

He actively pursued Marco Sturm and offered him a role on this team before quickly getting rid of him 2 weeks into the season.

Now he is throwing former players under the bus in front of the media.

Players enjoy playing for someone who they can respect and can keep their word. I have always been a fan of Brian Burke teams because he is the definition of a player's GM. He is very up front about everything and it is very rare for him to give out No Trade Clauses with the majority of NTCs he deals with from contracts he didn't make. He has said he would never ask a player to waive his NTC because that defeats the purpose of the player earning one.

When he was in Anaheim, Bryzgalov was looking for more playing time he made a verbal agreement to trade him by a certain date otherwise he would waive him and allow another team to pick him up. The deadline passed and a deal couldn't be completed so Burke kept his word and waived him so he would have an opportunity to start elsewhere.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #28525

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Staal's a nominee for the Band Aid Committee, no thanks.
Ummm ya.. getting an accidental skate slash during and having to go surgery for it plus getting hit in the puck while practicing really does make him a nominee for band aid committee...
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread