REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
you guys actually pay for parking tickets? lol noone pays them that I know of its a fucking money grab!
Pretty sure the city can be much more nasty to deal with when it comes to un-paid tickets then a private company...
Advertisement

Last edited by Vette Dood; 07-16-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Vette Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #52
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

^ +1
City should be the only one you should be wary of.
turbos86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

City is poor! They'll do anything for a cash grab
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #54
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
better off answering the phone while driving. I've only been bugged about talking on the phone and driving once and the guy just wanted to make sure I knew.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

City of Richmond bylaw No. 7403 page 9 stated definition of park/parked/parking

http://richmond.ca/__shared/assets/B...2081025276.pdf
M Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #56
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

just consider this an expensive lesson...be done with it and learn from it...whether or not you think you are right, disputing this small infraction will clog up our justice system...
you can probably make small sacrifices in a month and pay it off
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #57
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Pay a visit to city hall, ask to see whoever is in charge of parking services, kindly drop your pants and explain how they should kiss your ass after describing to them what you have described to us.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear2 View Post
don't bother disputing coz u will lose based on what u've described

richmond uses the bylaw adjudication system which uses adjudicators and not judges at the hearings. the adjudicator can only decide if the offence occurred or not and they won't take into consideration extenuating circumstances. in this case u've already admitted u were there. being on the phone is an extenuating circumstance the adjudicator won't even consider.

and don't think u may get lucky if the officer doesn't show up coz the new system doesn't require the officer to be present. he only needs to submit a written statement.

save yourself some money and time to dispute and pay it before the fine increases.
Vancouver switched to the same system in February this year.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNS0MNiAC View Post
Just dispute it because its all based on what you're charged with. If you are Stopped/Standing and you are being charged for parking you can fight it. Either way just dispute the ticket. Worst case scenario you lose. But you got nothing to lose trying to fight it.
If the ticket was in Vancouver and you want to fight the ticket, the fine goes to the full amount plus $25 to book the JJP. SO instead of a $50 ticket for no stopping anytime, it goes to $100 + $25=$125.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #60
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
just consider this an expensive lesson...be done with it and learn from it...whether or not you think you are right, disputing this small infraction will clog up our justice system...
you can probably make small sacrifices in a month and pay it off
thats the stupidest thing ive ever read.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #61
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
JesseBlue, clogging up the legal system when you do not agree with it is not clogging up anything. That is why there is a process to dispute an issue you may have.

Ultimately, I do no see the OP winning this case. There was a verbal warning (regardless of how much of a prick the guy was). The law as it is written and defined was broken (even though its a joke of a law).
Even if the OP looses this it may bring to light the stupidity of these laws. IMO you should not have to pay to park on city streets that YOUR TAX DOLLARS ALREADY PAYED FOR!!

Bottom line, OP parked the car s defined by the current law. The current law regarding parking/stopping is a joke and they are well within there rights to fight the ticket.

Good luck to the OP and I hope that this brings bigger change than just not having to pay the ticket. As for answering the phone and driving issue....no one forces you to take a call so ultimately there is no need to pull over in the first place. Let it ring and call them back, listen to the voice mail ect.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDTT View Post
IMO you should not have to pay to park on city streets that YOUR TAX DOLLARS ALREADY PAYED FOR!!
DAMN RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Illusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #63
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDTT View Post
IMO you should not have to pay to park on city streets that YOUR TAX DOLLARS ALREADY PAYED FOR!!
Stupidest thing i've heard in a while. Do you also walk up to a policeman and tell him to do stuff just b/c you payed his salary?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Stupidest thing i've heard in a while. Do you also walk up to a policeman and tell him to do stuff just b/c you payed his salary?
Your logic system is slightly flawed.

I expect a police OFFICER ( must be PC ) to do there job and enforce the law. Even though I may not agree with some of the things they are told to enforce. If they are not doing there job, dam straight I will tell them to do the job that they are employed to do. Just as I would expect to parking enforcement officer to write a ticket for parking and not paying. This is there job and I expect the job to be done. If there is a problem with it then you do something about it!

Yes, my tax (and your) dollars go to pay the wages of civil servants to do there job and serve us.

Yes, my tax (and your) dollars go to pay for the road system we all drive on. The tax dollars I pay (and you) are there to pay for the construction and general up-keep of these road systems we drive on. Why is it that I am paying a fee (read, more tax) on a road system that has been payed for by us?

To the same extent, I do not enjoy paying income tax and them paying tax on something I buy as well.....tax the tax...hmmmmm just not logical.

Maybe this breakdown of what I'm saying will make it a little more understandable for you.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #65
Hyde's Understudy

Does it mean you have the right to go into a government building and use it for personal use since you payed taxes? Afterall, it is built with your tax dollars. Your tax dollars only can pay for so much, do you think you can park free everywhere in BC just because you payed taxes?

BTW that civil servant who wrote the OP the ticket is doing his job and should be commended.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #66

Quote:
Does it mean you have the right to go into a government building and use it for personal use since you payed taxes? Afterall, it is built with your tax dollars. Your tax dollars only can pay for so much, do you think you can park free everywhere in BC just because you payed taxes?

BTW that civil servant who wrote the OP the ticket is doing his job and should be commended.
You must not even read my post

No, I do not think that a government owned building is for my own personal use. I think that it should be used as it is designated (ICBC Drivers Services building being used to service the needs of drivers, perfect example) This is how I expect said building to operate.

Parking on a road is a secondary use of the road system I ( and you have already payed for ). There should be no charge to use something you have already payed to make exist. If it is an issue of the roads need higher servicing due to higher than average use then there should be something done. Charging users to park on the road that has been payed for by the users is just a cash grab. Not sure why this concept is a hard one to grasp. Its like paying to go see a movie. You get your movie ticket, go to sit down and then are charged again to get your seat...you already payed.

As for the person who issued the ticket, they were doing there job and I have no issue with that. I'm not here to say if the OP was right or wrong, that is for the legal system to determine if they decide to fight it. But if the OP feels that the ticket was unjust then I say fight for what you believe!

Just as I would expect to parking enforcement officer to write a ticket for parking and not paying.

From my post before this.....

Old 11-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #67
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but was the ticket disputed? If so, what happened?
tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #68
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
You must not even read my post

No, I do not think that a government owned building is for my own personal use. I think that it should be used as it is designated (ICBC Drivers Services building being used to service the needs of drivers, perfect example) This is how I expect said building to operate.

Parking on a road is a secondary use of the road system I ( and you have already payed for ). There should be no charge to use something you have already payed to make exist. If it is an issue of the roads need higher servicing due to higher than average use then there should be something done. Charging users to park on the road that has been payed for by the users is just a cash grab. Not sure why this concept is a hard one to grasp. Its like paying to go see a movie. You get your movie ticket, go to sit down and then are charged again to get your seat...you already payed.

As for the person who issued the ticket, they were doing there job and I have no issue with that. I'm not here to say if the OP was right or wrong, that is for the legal system to determine if they decide to fight it. But if the OP feels that the ticket was unjust then I say fight for what you believe!

Just as I would expect to parking enforcement officer to write a ticket for parking and not paying.

From my post before this.....
Replying to an old thread since the other guy bumped it but go read a little bit about public goods. Parking charges is just a way for the government to ration the limited parking spaces so the street of the city of Vancouver doesn't get filled with RVs, vehicles with flat tires sitting there for ages. It also discourage people hogging the spaces and people treating it as their free parking garage.

You're paying the ticket for fucking with a perfectly well-designed system that's what you're paying.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #69
Banned By Establishment

be aware, I just found out that tickets issued in the City of Vancouver that go unpaid will go to collections now.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #70
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
I parked at a Denny's parking lot. It was mid day, the lot was almost empty except some cars. I went to subway which was literally less than 20 feet away.

I come back 15 minutes later to have a DIAMOND PARKING ticket on my windshield.

notes:
"Vehicle parked in restricted or no parking area".
- Vehicle photos on file
- Plate not registered

What do you guys think of this case. Couldn't I have just left my car there for 15 min and go into Denny's and buy something. I could have but didn't.

Last edited by 1exotic; 11-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
1exotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #71
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
Quote:

Dude, it's PAID not PAYED.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #72
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
I parked at a Denny's parking lot. It was mid day, the lot was almost empty except some cars. I went to subway which was literally less than 20 feet away.

I come back 15 minutes later to have a DIAMOND PARKING ticket on my windshield.

notes:
"Vehicle parked in restricted or no parking area".
- Vehicle photos on file
- Plate not registered

What do you guys think of this case. Couldn't I have just left my car there for 15 min and go into Denny's and buy something. I could have but didn't.
The parking attendant probably saw you walk away from the parking lot after you parked your car.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #73
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
diamond parking i haven't paid a diamond ticket in years..
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #74
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Cancel my insurance tomorrow.

Get new plates.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

as someone who lives in Richmond for 25 years, i can understand why officers and attendants act like douches. most of you know that richmond is filled a variety of "colorful" drivers. if anything, Richmond is the most dense area for bad drivers. on a daily basis i see drivers pulling stupid moves or making a lot of illegal moves. Most common one is stopping just about anywhere they feel like stopping. I encounter these almost everyday! then you get ones that park on handicap just cuz the parking lot is full. There's also the ones make illegal turns and hold up traffic lanes. There's a lot more on the list but the point im making is, these "drivers" take advantage and ignore rules and regulations and when they get caught they usually brush it off like its nothing or be stubborn and keep doing it or giving a bad attitude, so i am not surprised why officers and parking attendants act like complete douches. They've simply had enough.